Unpopular positive opinion challenge:

Unpopular positive opinion challenge:
Name a movie that...
(1) you genuinely like (not "so bad it's good")
(2) came out in your adult life post-2000, and
(3) is rated below 50% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Remember that you can also find the RT score listed on Google, Wikipedia, or whatever else you prefer if you refuse to use the RT site.

Attached: rotten_tomatoes_icon_set_OLD.jpg (600x400, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/punchdrunk_love
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Freddy Got Fingered

Scooby doo 1

Never saw this movie because the ghost in the commercials scared the shit out of me. I'm more tempted because apparently James Gunn did it and he's a genius, but the ghost still scares the shit out of me.

The Haunted Mansion
Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed

EZ

Attached: 63DEF73B-47BE-4068-ADBF-C6BF3C9C7927.jpg (750x746, 506K)

Tokyo Drift

Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever (2002), 0%

Attached: japnspic.jpg (279x402, 21K)

Attached: hotrod.jpg (725x331, 40K)

I always thought this film's title was weird. It sounds like it's part of a franchise and yet it's the only one.

Umami

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Speed Racer
Southland Tales
Jupiter Ascending
Star Wars: Last Jedi if audience score counts

batman v superman
man of steel (56% but w/e)

Attached: 51K2WVH130L._SY445_.jpg (312x445, 31K)

joe dirt.
it's not what you want, its the consumer.
>tfw when you fail the captcha but it still passes you
>tfw you write a lot after the captcha. free post lol

Batman v Superman

Batman v Superman

SHUT UP!

I thought that got fairly good reviews, either way Christian Bale's performance was excellent

>I thought that got fairly good reviews
No, it really did not. But it's understandable watching it because when you watch this movie it is difficult to comprehend the idea that it is not a great movie. It feels like the reviewers did not even watch the same movie, with how hard they eviscerated it.

Colonia

Attached: 911RR0tzL2L._SL1500_.jpg (1057x1500, 275K)

The Education of Charlie Banks.
Honorary: Under the Silver Lake, but it's at 57. Saw it recently and loved it. Wish I had watched when Yea Forums was actively discussing it.

if you like that flick you're legitimately mentally handicapped

Conan the Barbarian (2011)
Clash of the Titans (2010)

They're both fun and bad ass. Will watch any time.

if you dont you are legitimately retarded

The movie is flawed, but I always get swept up in the ambition and enthusiasm that clearly went into making it. It's clearly a labour of love, which translates to great entertainment value.

I absolutely loved this movie in my late teens and watched it many times. I haven't watched it in several years and I wonder how much I'd enjoy it now.

absolute adventure kino

Attached: 91eTNW4+dGL._SY445_.jpg (314x445, 51K)

I got into pic related more than I thought I would.

Attached: file.png (960x1440, 3.1M)

Unironically thought this looked cool when it was releasing but I never saw it and just heard it was awful

Its from the guy who directed The Crow and Dark City so yeah I'm thinking its kino

Some really good set-pieces in it. It also goes a lot deeper into egyptian mythology than other films. If you like old Harryhausen adventures you shouldn't miss it.

Critics today will pretty much automatically give a movie bad reviews if there's a whiteboi playing an Egyptian character

BvS

Norbit

When she's trying to get in the car and the horn keeps honking gets me every time

Norbit
The Tuxedo
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

how many times are you going to make this thread

Until I have enough material for my top 10 underrated movies released after 2000 video.

why'd they have to put the hit out?

Attached: image.jpg (1442x2048, 401K)

Passion of the Christ

Under the Silver Lake was my top kino of last year. Great fucking time.

But that came out this year.

Uh, yeah.

I haven't seen it either but I would take whatever was said about it with a grain of salt considering people were really mad they cast a bunch of white guys to play Egyptians and probably went in looking to hate it. Though apparently they found one person who thinks it's spectacular according to that DVD case.

>BvS

Attached: 1562513160055.jpg (380x380, 24K)

Whites played mostly gods. Human character ware 'diverse' enough.

Whites can't get enough of playing god, can they?

Fond memory of seeing this with my brothers and like half the people in the theater walking out by the end.

Attached: 80D628D7-1F1F-47C7-AD79-069BE8FCE27A.jpg (1000x1500, 265K)

I don't know. They were supposed to stand out. Also they were sort of gigants.

These.

Either way, it just reminds me how people were already complaining about casting a white person as The Mummy because they didn't realize Sofia Boutella is Algerian because apparently if you're light skinned you don't count even if you're from that country. There are still people who don't know Charlize Theron is African.

THAT'S A LOTTA NUTS

Attached: goji.jpg (500x500, 42K)

Attached: 1534934288032.jpg (368x500, 55K)

Elite Squad or Tropa de Elite.
Yeah is has 53%, I don't care, it's close and not fair.

I unironically enjoy Adam Sandler movies.

Attached: 50 first dates.jpg (425x547, 68K)

Unfortunately his best movie actually has a good score on RT.
rottentomatoes.com/m/punchdrunk_love

Speaking of Mummy, this one for sure fits thread theme. A solid blockbuster that has been critically panned because of their universe building thing. It could be halloween special Mission Impossible spin off.

>name a movie you genuinely like that other people hate
>not THAT movie! I hate that!
So what's the point of this then?

I honestly don't know why people give this such a hard time.

Attached: Warcraft.jpg (284x405, 67K)

It honestly didn't even feel like it was meant to be part of a larger universe, it had one tiny sequel hook at the end which films have done long before cinematic universes were a thing. I feel like these critics have started using cinematic universes as an easy excuse to trash a film by saying "Ugh it made no sense and didn't stand alone because they were trying to set up a universe!" even though that's not true.

Only God Forgives

The plot was a bit of a mess, but the action and CG are state of the art. I could sort of make sense of it because I played the games, but imagine watching that film without prior knowledge.

I used to like this when it just came out. But looking back, I hate it more now. It could have been so much more and it wasn't.

It seems like even Warcraft fans were pissed off that they very slowly adapted WC1 and didn't even adapt it the whole way through, instead of skipping right to WC3 which everyone loves. And then people who don't care about Warcraft were like "It was hard to follow and expected you to know everything about Warcraft" but honestly I had never played Warcraft before watching this movie and I had no trouble following it so are people genuinely fucking stupid or something? I've since learned more about Warcraft and it seems like it made some strange changes to the plot but I still found it to be a serviceable fantasy movie.

Every single non-orc character was a miscast. Asian elfs lmao wtf were they thinking

I never played the games but found the movie enjoyable.

Dude it is not very hard to figure out that green dudes = bad, orange dudes = sort of bad but some are honorable, humans = good and they're all fighting each other.

I'm wondering how it would be if Universal didn't announce it and there were no skulls in jars, nor Jekyll's transformation. Zero hints about bigger universe, just Dr Henry (we don't know that he's Mr Hyde) and his people vs tom and the mummy. Seems like these 5 minutes made people seethe.

It's interesting that you specify non-orc because Gul'dan was easily the worst casting in the entire bunch, apparently he's the guy from Into the Badlands so it's a shame because he's pretty good there but he was an awful Gul'dan. I don't see why they couldn't have just used the voice actors from the games, all the characters were CGI anyway.

Yeah, apparently any tiny thing like that is enough to make people bitch. BvS gets roasted for it but even that one wasn't particularly offensive, you had those short video clips teasing the Justice League and that's it, the rest of the film felt self-contained. You cannot have even the smallest tie-in mid movie, people want it shoved in the post credits scene so they can walk out and pretend it doesn't exist.

>trash a film by saying "Ugh it made no sense
Which is funny because it makes sense there.
>ancient princess punished for killing pharaoh and selling her soul to keep the throne
>Tom sets her free, wants to seduce him and finish the ritual but needs stone and dagger stolen by crusaders while she was gone
>there's Men In Black style agency keeping an eye on evil monsters
How hard is this to follow? Nothing really complicated, no time travel patadox, no alternative reality. Simple as it is.

I'm not saying it's a great movie but fucking 16%? I've seen unwatchable garbage with toilet paper special effects rated higher.

>people were already complaining about casting a white person as The Mummy because they didn't realize Sofia Boutella is Algerian
Kek, really? She's screaming "north African or Arabic" ethnicity there. Go literally anywhere near Egypt or Tunisia, you will see dozens of such.

Attached: 1530085175722.jpg (1000x667, 216K)

they were using motion capture so it wasn't just the voice. I thought guldan was alright. Orgrim and Durotan were perfect tho.

It's a shame it couldn't make enough at the box office to offset that, I always derive a bit of satisfaction when a non-awful movie that the critics hated does well enough to justify a sequel. Granted they're still going ahead with The Invisible Man so it makes you wonder if these companies even care if their blockbusters flop anymore, they plan so far ahead that they just pivot right to the next one. Not that I can see a movie of The Invisible Man actually making money, it just doesn't seem like something people would be excited to see. But who knows, I could be wrong.

It wasn't really a flop. We are talking about 410m gross on 120m budget. I don't know if they expected more because all previous mummy movies made 400m too. 1st Thor movie made 430m too, yet it was enough. The Invisible Man will be successful because it going to be a low budget film. They planned this since the begining. I remember something that the difference between Dark Universe and MCU or something is that Universal movies will have different budgets. And it was even before the mummy came out. Well, we will see. Last Invisible Man movie (Hollow Man) came in 2000s so it's been a while, at least 15 years.

The Invisible Man will have budget around 10m. It's set in Australia, probably won't be connected to events from The Mummy but I think it will take place in same universe and timeline so they can work it out later.

Came here to post his

Other than the fact that they skipped some cool scenes and replaced them with a montage to keep the movie shorter I thought this movie was great

Attached: 51r0qYAvfmL.jpg (337x500, 49K)

Attached: 1557504430861.jpg (609x593, 60K)

Based

I think the montage was just a way to save budget, it probably would have been expensive to film an entire scene of that.