What is the Fear Inoculum of television and film?

What is the Fear Inoculum of television and film?

Attached: tool-fear-inoculum.jpg (3000x3000, 902K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VZXJLQntCP0
youtube.com/watch?v=seXvCVlwFn4
youtube.com/watch?v=N-IV7Ox66lY
youtube.com/watch?v=matrK_WTAkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8AlVZvIvW_U
youtu.be/3P7Isp_QCQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=qxa-aYuBzvo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Any movie ruined by the third act

Endgame

any Adam Sandler movie

twin peaks?

>Tool is too kino for Yea Forums
Who would think otherwise?

Been a Tool fan since 97 my guy

A sequel which cannibalizes the previous two movies to the point that same scenes are reused verbatim.

Pretentious faggotry

A movie that begins with a tabla beat.

>tfw gonna be playing classic while listening to Tool just like old times

a new season of walking dead/fear the walking dead

40 year old guys keep posting this tool shit what the fuck

the man who killed don quixote

tool used to be for high school stoners now it's for chuds

baste

the fuck is a chud?

Attached: 1558973821941.jpg (960x312, 49K)

cannibalistic humanoid underground dweller

That’s stupid, you’re stupid

whats your favorite tool song? the grudge for me lads

>ridiculously late sequel that is kino
Mad Max Fury Road
Twin Peaks: The Return

quadratic exculpation

Why would you listen to such fake pretentious bullshit instead of actually good music

for me, it's Eulogy

Attached: 1407037909337.jpg (460x345, 41K)

>my guy
poofter

>the fuck is a chud?
zoomers should be executed

H

Attached: 1544116492022.jpg (480x360, 46K)

chud is a zoomer meme

Its from the 1984 movie you retarded faggot cunt.

no it's from left twitter people who are mostly millenial and older

3rd eye or 46 and 2

beetlejuice

Attached: xNmsorv.jpg (480x321, 23K)

Almost met Maynard once

Attached: iw2vOdi.jpg (960x540, 47K)

GODDAMN SHIT THE BED

what?

people really like this band? i thought it was just a meme

you kidding me?
youtube.com/watch?v=VZXJLQntCP0

can't remember what they said

gen x has the gayest music

my nigga

Attached: boomerdunmer.jpg (550x550, 46K)

cool

they say big words and do shit in 9/4 time signature, it's totally music for smart people dood

100% unironically this.

Attached: InvaderZimEnterTheFlorpus.jpg (426x597, 100K)

Three way tie between Third Eye, Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned, and Disposition/Reflection/Triad

new song is pretty fucking great. just takes a while to get into it. cant wait to hear the rest of the album

It just sounds good dude. Who gives a fuck

Look son, we're here to help in whatever way we can

Ogt
First EP

Pushit live

i thought it sucked, sounds like something they were going to put on an EP between lateralus and 10,000 days but never got around to making the EP

The band dudes in trip pants who drank mountain dew all the time listened to. The rock equivalent of insane clown posse. For dudes who rocked soul patches but thought they were too smart for limp bizkit. Have sex once outside of a walmart bathroom or a trailer and Tool will immediately lose its appeal.

sucked is a bit strong. i will be very disappointed if its the best song on the album though i doubt it

imagine being such a brainlet you cant comprehend why people like tool. says a lot more about you than tool fans. what are you overcompensating for pleb?

10 years for that? yea i think sucked is fine to say. this is going to be another chinese democracy imo.

dont exagerate

Chinese Democracy is pretty good

Even though it's a pleb answer, Stinkfist

You most likely have a very narrow view of enjoyment in general.
Objectively all members are good at their instruments, Danny Carey is often thought to be one of the best drummers, and Maynard is at the very least a cut above your average pop mogul.
The lyrics are at least rich, what one thing can you say is a parallel for ICP, like a line, or a quote from a band member?

Prison Sex.
youtube.com/watch?v=seXvCVlwFn4

Hi Paul

Attached: 1565703223963.jpg (499x490, 104K)

How the fuck is Tool right wing?

It's pretty stereotypical buttrock for people who think they are smart. Funny I've never actually met an intelligent person who likes Tool. le deep lyrics and difficult time signatures (but all the songs sound the fucking same). You know who thought Tool was cool and deep? The fucking stoners in my high school and the ROTC kids. After high school I didnt have to be around white trash anymore so I honestly haven't met a Tool fan in a while, I'm sure if I asked the dude working at McDonald's with the fox tail hanging out of his pants if he likes tool he would say yes though

wow that is an impressively fucking shit album cover, looks like a dream theater album

>actually good music
like what

never thought much of jambi until i watched this and saw how he was actually playing it. its pretty neat. i guess if you dont play guitar you wont really get how odd it is
youtube.com/watch?v=N-IV7Ox66lY

Parabola or Stinkfist

Have you got tjat picture with the nigger baby larping as pepsi?

lead the way, faggot

>people who think they are smart
man how petty or autistic are you. to seriously think people pretend to like anything to impress people. you sound like a 12 year old

youtube.com/watch?v=matrK_WTAkQ

Maynard fucking hates the band if that tells you anything

Bruh you ever hear die eier von satan? Bruh they singing in angry German Maynard nazi confirmed

right in two

100% confident this poster has cried in bed while listening to Radiohead at least once in his/her life

Maybe you should listen to actually heavy and technical metal that isnt pretentious radio dad rock

Yea Forums hates tool for the most part

Nice reddit zoomer music, looser

Hot Ones

i listen to shit i think sounds good and tool have some great fucking music. grow the fuck up user. getting all ruffled up over what other people like is pathetic.

what if i like both, faggot?

The Pot

do you even know what half of what youre saying means

Third eye, right in two and jambi for me

Has the album leaked yet?

The lack of self-awareness in this post is amazing.

>makes fun of people who think their music makes them superior
>in the next posts claims superiority for listening to technical metal

you should read your own posts you cunt. nobody over the age of 25 gives a shit what you listen to, by the way

The only people who like TOOL are meth smoking rednecks

NMH

>Maybe you should listen to actually heavy and technical metal that isnt pretentious radio dad rock

"Technical" metal was heavily influenced by Adam Jones none standard play style. How the fuck can you be a metal fan and not know about Adam Jones's influences you fucking little poser shit.

You listen to metal to be a whiney cunt, which puts you in the emo category.

the lyrics are the worst part of the band. they were ok up until lateralus and then maynard went full dude dmt u r the universe bro tier and it just got eye rolling

If you think early Tech Death bands were listening to TOOL for inspiration you are a fucking retard

I've been a fan since 96. More committed than you.

You're a fucking moron.

I've been a fan since back in 92, since the first ep. I think they're selling out.

but tool's guitar is boring and shit, maynard sucks ass too, only the rhythm section is good

well i got some news for you little buddy

Yeah I'm the moron, not the dude who thinks TOOL is a good band. There is a reason everyone hates you guys

before you point your finger you should know that im the man

>no one answered Lateralus yet
g-guess I'll fuck off now

Maynard has called TOOL fans insufferable retards

You're the dumb fuck who thinks one sub genre of Metal is better than another because you have no fucking clue how they're tied and influenced by each other.

It's fine to not like one genre over another but you're literally being a hipster pretentious faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=8AlVZvIvW_U

Tool is fucking shit

he's not entirely wrong. he was talking about the same kind of fucks who he sang about in Hooker with a Penis. Fans that kept hounding him about the next album and why they weren't recording. He's being very specific of which assholes he was addressing.

but maynard is an insufferable retard

Probably any nostalgia baiting franchise reboot these days. I don't say this because of how long it took, but because it just sounds like several Tool songs stitched together.

I like all genres of Metal. You could tie Led Zepplin to Abominable Putridity through abstract connections. Doesn't make TOOL any less shitty.

t's not true. OK, so I'm just another guy on the internet, but I've had the privilege of getting backstage on more than a few separate occasions for both Tool & APC. I am somewhat well known taper, been to 103 Tool shows, and 50+ APC shows, 20+ Pusicfer shows. I've got the passes to prove it, I was even given one of the Maynard harem passes because they were out of the standard ones. I also have had 2 female friends (age 20 & 23 at the time) pass muster and get to sleep with Maynard and have gotten all the details. One ended up being a repeat contact because she lived in LA and could participate with him there when off tour.

First off, there is and was no blonde heavy set woman who acted as his handler for this. Women do receive special passes, but they were handed out from his all male security staff.

2. The security staff checks IDs. If you are not of age, you do not get to go backstage. 17, though "legal" in some states, does not make the cut. Full stop.

3. Passes for Maynard are different than the normal backstage pass for the show. A couple examples I can think of (and one I own that I received personally when they were out of normal ones) has a [collage of women in KISS makeup sucking dick or other sexual acts.] An APC one had a picture of Maynard in Roman garb that said "Have you serviced your gladiator today?" or something similar. There are no illusions about what you are there for.

4. All backstage people are brought backstage to 1 or 2 rooms. Sometimes the Maynard groupies are brought to a separate room. It's never 1 woman alone. The smallest group I saw was 5 or 6 women, but could be up to 20. Maynard makes an appearance in the room, might make some chitchat, and then leaves. His security staff will then approach whichever 1 or 2 women that Maynard has selected for the night and tell them that Maynard would like them to come back to the bus or the hotel for the night.

>It's another "Tool song builds up to nothing" episode

5. Both experiences recounted to me, from two women who do not know each other, Maynard was caring, slow and gentle. There was no pressure. He is interested in anal as you would assume, but did not with the one because she never had. Again, no pressure. This act ended up happening later when she was one of his regulars in LA.

6. After the act, both women had nothing but good things to say about him and about the security staff (Making sure they were OK to leave the area and had some transportation as they left).

So you take those 2 accounts, and also what I saw happen in general with the process other times backstage, make the accusers account incredibly hard to believe. For the guy down below in the thread who's girlfriend was weirded out for not letting her BF backstage with her, I hope you understand by now that Maynard does not and will not meet normal Tool fans. Never. Has he appeared at any of the Tool clinics? No. Has he ever appeared at any of the APC VIP events? No. I only met him once backstage and he was not thrilled with my concert total. Actually told me that I shouldn't see them that many times. The meeting only happened because I was in with a group of family for another person on the crew. I haven't been backstage since he's been married, so I don't know if his groupie whoring has continued. I don't think he should be demonized for this behavior. Yeah it sucks that he doesn't want to meet the casual fan to have them gush over his music, but it doesn't make me want to listen to them less.

>I like all genres of Metal.
No you don't. You are just saying that to be contrarian. Fuck off, go back to slicing your wrists emo kid.

Cope harder you Red state rock fest attending white trash faggot

Suck your Daddy's dick more you mascara wearing slut. Did the ROTC guys enjoy your Boi Pussy more or your mouth?

Ticks and Leeches

you're a douche and a moron, maybe even a quadroon a nigger, but you're not exactly wrong

started listening to shit like the mars volta in hs so tools "deep bro" culture made me laugh, always found tool fans to be real defensive, dumb goons who threaten to murder your sister if you don't %100 agree that "maynard is god" or whatever retarded shit they like to spout about an average frontman with a shitty attitude problem

that being said 10,000 days is a great album, at least.

dont take music so seriously and listen to shit youve written off before because music kinda changes depending on the time and place... if you were feeling like an edgy teen you might enjoy listening to KoRn even though its immature or trashy or whatever to you..

I could suck 100 dicks and be less of a faggot than the dude who defends TOOL on Yea Forums. Let me guess, you dont have a college degree, are overweight and wear black sweatbands on your wrists? I bet you think the TOOL sticker on the back of your 2007 tacoma makes people think your tastes are friggin superior when it might as well say "I smoke meth in between shifts at the taco bell and live with my mom in a trailer"

Ding ding ding.

That's enough you two. Be nice to each other.

Attached: 1564442915132.jpg (226x223, 8K)

Whoah dude, I know you've got issues but you really shouldn't project your Dad onto people like that. Just because he came inside of a you a few times while he took you camping in his pickup truck is no reason to think everyone is like your Dad. I'm really sorry I brought up old wounds. Maybe if you cut a few more into your legs it'll make you feel better.

he's a big guy

Attached: 1566081630023.jpg (475x370, 66K)

ITT one retard argues with himself

itt: monkeys killin monkeys killin monkeys

>uh ur dad! U had gay sex emo kid
Wow, riveting stuff. Another genius TOOL fan flexing that GED

I SAID SHUT THE FUCK UP STUPID CUNTS.

Attached: golden-retriever-snarl-thinkstock-163739095-335sm123013.jpg (225x325, 31K)

Tool is a good band and make good music, all you retarded chimp cocksuckers screaming
>But the fans r stupid

Who gives a fuck about the fans?

You faggots remind me of atheists that hate their parents and think they're being clever by pointing out inconsistencies in the Bible.

The lyrics are cringey at times but the musicianship and vocals are top-tier.

This.

>You musta been HIGH. HIGH. HIIIIIIIIGH.

It's boring as fuck. Who the fuck wants to listen to 13 minutes of Maynard waxing poetic about his struggle with the concept of god or whatever jungian bullshit of the day he decides to write about over wierd time signatures.

Sunshine

classic?

>gen x has the gayest music
Interesting take.

Attached: 1539547692414.jpg (443x455, 96K)

From Adam Jones
>“I took a picture pointing to the number seven while we were recording, and a lot of the riffs Justin and I brought in were in seven. You don’t really go ‘I’m going to write a riff in seven!’

You just write a riff and you count it out and it turns out to be in seven. Without being too descriptive about the concept, the main thing is that the seven beat just kept coming up, and riffs in seven kept coming up. It was really weird!

>When we finished recording, I went to the guys and said ‘I think we should called the record Volume 7’ because a lot of the songs are in seven and there are seven tracks on the record.

>Then Maynard told me about a whole concept he had about the number seven. We were all like, ‘Oh My God! This is too weird!’ Then Alex Grey [Tool album artist] basically said the same thing and he has a concept that will reveal itself through video.

>So there are a lot of rhythms and polyrhythms where we explore 7/4 or 7/3, and there’s a riff we count in 21 — which we count as three rounds of seven. I wrote a four-minute lead over something counted in 21, which is crazy!”

Attached: crine.gif (320x180, 1.33M)

You can reduce anything down and ask why people like it. That's not an argument.

LOL, thinking Adam Jones is the strength of the band. Tool succeeds despite his Robert Fripp worship.

Kek

They haven't done anything different since Lateralus, and Fear Inoculum is looking to not break that cycle. That doesn't make them bad, but boring.

That's fine, you think it's boring music, fair enough

What do you consider good music by comparison?

Guttalax

>muh Fibonacci
>muh number concepts
>muh odd time signatures
>muh polyrhythms

kpop

Brokencyde, Blood On The Dance Floor

A car alarm going off for 3 hours

>listening to prog rock or prog metal
they're he absolute worst genres of rock and metal
jfc i will never understand how anyone likes anything within those genres

The only good Tool song is Stinkfist

I only heard the first single one time and I could immediately hear it sounded like a straight up copy+paste. Is the rest of it the same?

There's far worse. Like folk metal.

Lil Baby, Lil Xan, Lil Skye, Lil Peep, Lil Lil

Have a shower.

World of Warcraft Classic?

Nobody knows yet, it's coming out on the 30th. But most likely yes.

youtu.be/3P7Isp_QCQ0

A feel good song.

This is a shitty thread that belongs on Yea Forums.

Actually it belongs more here on Yea Forums with you boomers, Yea Forums are more taste makers when it comes to music and wouldn't touch Tool with a 10ft pole

WHAT IS THE UT4 CTF-BIGROCK OF MOVIES

youtube.com/watch?v=qxa-aYuBzvo

Eulogy

Nah, the song is different from the previous albums, not entirely, but it is, the thing is that to realize that you would've had to hear 10000 days and lateralus quite a lot wich is not something that should be necessary to tell albums apart, I just hope that the rest is more different and keeps the quality of the single

I bathe twice a day. I also don't listen to TOOL, coincidence?

forty six & 2

>It just sounds good dude.
does it though?

> be me, forced to listen to the same old mediocre shit on Spotify because Maynard is a sell out but ‘ not that kind of sell out’
> be a few weeks ago
> prison sex comes on my recommended playlist out of nowhere
> whattheholyFUCK
> my neighbors probably know 10,000 days off by heart by now.

Schism. Fuck the contrarians

WoW Classic players grinding those final few levels are gonna be the reason this album will be most played on Spotify
And I will help the cause

>you

you're meant to start at track 1 and listen til the end of the album. anything else is doing it wrong

vicarious

This guy is alright