Unconventional Spookiness

This thread is about movie scenes which do not sound scary when you describe them, but are scary when you watch them.

youtube.com/watch?v=UozhOo0Dt4o

Know any others?

Attached: Mulholland Drive.jpg (1600x2400, 2.94M)

Other urls found in this thread:

mulholland-drive.net/studies/classical.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=VIy-X8-pEoU
youtube.com/watch?v=qTiEprZZvNc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I know that this scene was part of a dream, but was the other guy supposed to see the face as well? He reacts like he does, but then ignores it.

I remember watching that scene with my brother both stoned and we both almost fucking ran out of the room.

>Unconventional Spookiness

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 15K)

post another wojak, i dare you

Attached: 1566156466222.png (380x463, 18K)

>I know that this scene was part of a dream
I don't read any part of Mulholland Drive as being in a dream. How do you see it like that

It´s a classic interpretation that the first part of the movie is a dream; "Diane Selwyn is a struggling actress in Hollywood. She moved to L.A. from Deep River, Ontario after winning a Jitterbug competition that inspired her to become an actress.

We descend into the pillow at the start of the film from Diane Selwyn's point-of-view. From now, until the moment we see her wake from the bed, Diane is dreaming. She dreams that she is Betty, a fresh-faced actress arriving in Hollywood. She dreams that Rita stumbles into her apartment after an accident, having lost her memory. She dreams that she wows the various assembled showbiz people at her audition. The dream climaxes with the haunting Club Silencio, the disappearance of Betty, and the opening of the blue cube back at Havenhurst."

mulholland-drive.net/studies/classical.htm

youtube.com/watch?v=VIy-X8-pEoU

As opposed to what?

My interpretation is that the film is completely out of order and needs rearranging to put it in proper chronological order. My brain hurts trying to concisely explain the plot but the crucial point is that Diane pretends to be Betty to win back Camilla after she finds her through pure luck after her failed assassination. The first scene is the start of the chronological story I think and the man fainting at the sight of the dirty box man is the end. I have only seen the film once though so this may need rejigging

See

Unconventionally Spooky Films:
>Blue Velvet (1986)
>No Country for Old Men (2007)
>Pinocchio (1940)
>8mm (1999)
>Eyes Wide Shut (1999)
>An Inspector Calls (1954)
>Edge of Darkness (2010)
>2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
>Rear Window (1954)
>House on Haunted Hill (1959)

Attached: redcloack.jpg (500x372, 42K)

You forgot to mention that she payed a hitman to wack her ex-girlfriend

What I mean is how do you read Mulholland Drive as anything but a dream.

LLORANDO POR TU AMOR

I love how horror is 90% camera angles.
That's the point of this thread. Anything can become scary with camera angles.

it doesn't work with that interpretation as the two very distinctly different "sections" contradict each other majorly

>Pinocchio (1940)
youtube.com/watch?v=qTiEprZZvNc

Attached: IMG_4654.png (540x620, 20K)