It was an ordinary guy all along. Just a Regular Joe like you or me. What a deep film

It was an ordinary guy all along. Just a Regular Joe like you or me. What a deep film.

Attached: park.png (853x480, 558K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Rig7KX4Gvs0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woo_Bum-kon
mega.nz/#F!aNIEFahT!zTaNJBhjmk5PwZ0t7StBEA
youtube.com/watch?v=3HYI9-yJ76U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I Saw the Devil is better

I Saw the Devil is unironically one of the worst films I’ve ever seen and I immediately dismiss the opinions of anyone who has anything good to say about it.

I Saw the Devil doesn’t have random drop kicking though.

I unironically agree with you.

How would you have ended that masterpiece then virgin?

wow

Any other good Korean films? Other than the one in OP and oldboy

why is he crying

this
i love korean cinema in general and didn't like it at all. everything just seemed random, edgy and pointless. no overarching themes or coherent plot, just random psychopathic behavior

Handmaiden

Attached: CDF85F11-420C-4C23-BAE6-BDB16A98F785.png (407x581, 89K)

I Saw The Devil starts out very good and then gets shittier and shittier by the minute.
By the time they got to the cannibal house it becomes a complete fucking farce. It really does feel like an unintentional parody of SK revenge films.

that's not the point. the point is that the killer is still out there and he is looking at him (the camera/breaking 4th wall) in the last shot.

also if you can't appreciate the movie for the fantastic cameras, direction (long, complicated shots like the farmer destroying the footprint scene), characters alone you are a fucking pleb

It's hipsters who think they're superior for watching movies with subtitles. And the gratuitous violence makes it extra deep!

If that pile of shit was made in the US, it'd be treated with the same disdain as Hostel and other worthless gore flicks.

He isn't crying. He just toked a huge hit of weed.

What other movie could be improved by random drop kicks?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 29K)

>"How did this man look like?"
>"What? It was you"
>*he looks at the camera and smirks*
>cut to black

I Saw The Devil more like I Saw The Shit because this movie is shitty

Based retard not understanding the ending

Parasite

Honestly can’t think of that couldn’t.

youtu.be/Rig7KX4Gvs0

>random drop kicking
It was the highlight of the film you ingrate

Yeah that was my point? We’re on the same team bud, calm down.

it was a good turn your brain off flick

What, have only seen 10 movies?

>that's not the point. the point is that the killer is still out there and he is looking at him (the camera/breaking 4th wall) in the last shot.
omg, are we, the audience, the killer?

There is a Yea Forums table with some essential films.

Attached: 1526755054623.png (1851x1162, 314K)

>Parasite
it's just out
>The Good, the Bad and the Weird
Korean take on western.
>The Chaser
Like the title suggests, about a chase.

Watch more movies.

Start here then join the Korean / Asian threads and get more of the stuff you like.
My personal favorite is Poetry.

Attached: 71RMK-EagjL._SY445_.jpg (315x445, 44K)

Need to add Parasite to Drama or Thriller, and Antarctic Journal to Horror.

Imagine being the killer and watching this scene. It would be pretty awkward.

Is it possible to do a graph like this for Chinese films, or is there just very little Chinese kino?

Poor people stink of poverty.

Friendly reminder that pic related is basically Steel Ball Run without Stands.

Attached: file.png (532x706, 834K)

Where’s Train to Busan?

Chinese don't make much stuff that's worth watching.
Their cultural output is truly pathetic and just sad.
They have a few ones based on old legends, but even that. Most of the good shit from China is Hong Kong movies or HK directors going to mainland and making a movie or two before they also went completely cultural bankrupt.

They really should be doing better, but they just can't seem to produce much worthwhile.

Yes it would be possible but i just can't be bothered.
Check out An Elephant Sitting Still. Films by Bi Gan, Zhang Yimou, Wang Bing, Jia Zhangke, Jiang Wen, Chen Kaige these are the basic ones i guess.

Not on the list since it is a mediocre movie.

>Check out An Elephant Sitting Still
>Almost 4 hours long

Attached: 1451718474721.png (417x234, 87K)

It reeks of onions in here

Attached: 920547A5-37C9-4304-ABBC-F47046DE5FC9.jpg (800x800, 92K)

Don't be a pussy, try watching other ones from that list if you don't feel like watching 4 hours of misery. Watch Yimou's stuff, he is accessible i guess. Wang Bing makes kino documentaries but extremely long.

Parasite was stupid. Why the fuck did they let the former housekeeper in?

>4 hours of misery
I watched Hard to be a God, it can't be much harder to watch than 3 hours of shit, mud and sub-70 IQ peasants.

i have to disagree. there's shit like 'castaway on the moon' in the list, even with 'must see' on it, when it's poorly mediocre. train to busan is one of the best zombie apocalypse movies, it definitely deserves a spot there.

Attached: 1461802741762.jpg (500x322, 16K)

I literally just finished An Elephant Sitting Still an hour ago. Very long and bleak but very engaging despite its length.

>wojak
OMG OMG BASED!

Attached: 151759342536.jpg (387x437, 40K)

did you consider the possibility this was made before Train to Busan?

I read OP's posts in Jonah Hill's voice.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

more overrated than old boy. dumb thriller schlock. only merit is min sik choi chewing it up.

It's not harder. Check it out then.
I agree, but it felt like a Bela Tarr lite.

Turns out they have his DNA so even if they don't find him one day we may know who he was anyway. Still a gut pumch Koreans really like this shit Chaser was another whose director wants to make a movie about this guy.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woo_Bum-kon
I really can't wait.

Damn all that over a fly swat? Bitch should of flicked it.

Sympathy for Mr Vengeance
The Wailing

Don't trust anyone who recommends train to busan

Cruel Winter Blues is one I like and hard to find so I uploaded it for a similar thread a year ago mega.nz/#F!aNIEFahT!zTaNJBhjmk5PwZ0t7StBEA

Fun fact ive seen a large number of movies on this list, and besides remembering if they are good, because they are in korean and I am reading subs I don't fucking remember anything

>GF wakes you up by swatting a fly on you
>Kill 56 people

Attached: banter stops.jpg (602x709, 48K)

Graph/tables like that are instantly out of date. Stop posting that garbage, reddit-kun.

>one of the best zombie apocalypse movies
Gee what amazingly high praise.

a tale of two sisters

Absolute ledge. Will give it a watch, loved The Man from Nowhere

I saw the trailer for this, why does it seem like it's half a super serious drama then half a really wacky comedy? Seriously why does Korean film do this?

agreed

the killer probably had a spontaneous ejaculation honestly

All of his movies are like that. It works though.

The movie is basically about the limitations of law to protect people.

Make a list then, you fucking cunt. That one is good to start with.

A Bittersweet Life is kino

What flick

You've been Bonged.

Attached: file.png (1080x1440, 1.65M)

the exorcism/shamanism scene in the wailing is the best scene of the decade. i watch it daily.

this is a good post

Memories of murder, amazing film

Man From Nowhere was alright. It had that awesome knife fight at the end.

It's serious if you remove all the dropkicking scenes. But then the movie would be half as short.

seriously why is Korean film... like that? I want to know

Realistic depiction of cops in rural areas at the time.

As for tv series, My Mister is great

Attached: My_Mister-CP111.jpg (550x795, 234K)

Why were the cops such idiots and assholes in this film?

This shit was kino.

What are some other kino South Korean movies?

because not everyone is fucking rambo
a regular guy would probably react like that, just take thecop in the wailing as an example

Since we're talking about Asian movies I'm going to take a long shot here. I think it was around 2012 someone from here recommended a korean possibly Jap movie to me that I never got around to watching.

All I remember from the trailer is that they're filming some kind of movie and there's a bunch of people on set all fighting to "Ballroom Blitz"
There's enough blood on the floor that people are powersliding around on it and shit. I need to know this isn't some fever dream that I had.

Attached: 1544241847570.jpg (800x609, 233K)

do you know more tv series lika that? most of korean tv is romance for teens

this movie was pretty cool even the turning point was great but then it goes to immediately afterwards

Attached: MV5BMTk4NTgxNDIyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDg2ODcwOTE@._V1_.jpg (1538x2211, 650K)

*goes to shit
really never been so let down watching something, the premise entailed that it would be pretty good but about half way the filmmakers threw it out the window

I just watched Burning, thought it was great!

I'm going to watch the directors other films.

You know that movie, I think Elephant something something?Chinese guy made it, modern philosopher and she died I guess, either this year or last year, he only had 2 movies.

Any more info?

Nothing that would help really, just the characters running from room to room on this big movie set sliding around and fighting, looked like a kind of action comedy. It seemed kinda late 00s early 10s. It's one of those things I'll stumble across again in like 10 years time probably.

Attached: 1544154572270.jpg (651x655, 58K)

Why Don't You Play in Hell?

Attached: why-dont-you-play-1[1].jpg (1920x1080, 1.09M)

Hell yea, I think that's actually it user thanks!
I have no idea where I got half of my memories from the trailer I got one thing right it's actually impressive you found it

Sadly no. All other kdrama I have watched have been sappy teen shit or melodramatic revenge stories that lay it on way too thick.

whats this show about

Poetry and A Hometown in Heart are the only Korean films I consider all time greats. You can MAYBE add Oasis, Burning, 3-Iron, Memories of Murder and On the Beach at Night Alone to that list.

Where's Burning?

I liked Veteran, kinda an action comedy that doesnt take itself too seriously
youtube.com/watch?v=3HYI9-yJ76U
Its got the dude who played the shaman in The Wailing

maybe they shouldnt have flying kicked every suspect

Go watch the rest of Sion Sono's films afterwards, they're all great.

Attached: love-exposure-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000[1].jpg (1200x675, 97K)

The whole point is that Baek did it