Rotoscoping

What is your favorite rotoscoped film. Mine is pic related simply for how comfy it is.

Attached: LovingVincent.jpg (1000x1464, 544K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SbPgprcMtjo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's not rotoscoped tho

Loving Vincent is a dishonest hack job of the director first shooting an entire film and than hiring painters to just paint over the shot frames instead of actually creating art.

None, there's no artistry in it, it's basically putting a Photoshop filter over something and calling it art (except you use Cambodian sweatshop children to do it manually).

virgin loving vincent vs chad dafoe

Attached: image.jpg (1441x1080, 153K)

Fire and Ice

Attached: tumblr_nfigc9ChPz1rwq85xo7_400.gif (400x222, 1.64M)

From the legend that invented rotoscoping itself

Attached: 2328_11.jpg (1000x1500, 577K)

a scanner darkly

It is visually incredible, though.

yeah they should’ve just not filmed anything and spent decades painting every frame from scratch it’s not like painting is hard lol

Based

An excellent example.
Also
youtube.com/watch?v=SbPgprcMtjo
Which was like a shittier version of the same.

He’s 30 years too old for that role.

While Bakshi didn't invent rotoscoping, I'll agree that his version of Lord of the Rings is pretty great, especially based Boromir.

Attached: 20190818_163433.jpg (731x580, 268K)

>Dishonest
Nice meme response. Repeating things you think sound intelligent doesn't actually make you intelligent.

I copied this from Wikipedia for you: Rotoscoping is an animation technique that animators use to trace over motion picture footage, frame by frame, to produce realistic action.

>The rotoscope technique was invented by animator Max Fleischer in 1915, and used in his groundbreaking Out of the Inkwell animated series (1918–1927). It was known simply as the "Fleischer Process" on the early screen credits, and was essentially exclusive to Fleischer for several years.

Oh wow you are actually correct. I had always heard/ read that it was Bakshi that invented it. Guess he stole the spotlight.

Attached: 343.png (673x291, 44K)

I like Waltz with Bashir and A Scanner Darkly

He may not have invented it, but he was very prolific with that style, and helped cement its association with the fantasy genre that persisted for a while.

Heck, even Disney used rotoscoping back in the day. Bakshi kinda pushed the process further, and did more experimental stuff with it.
Still gotta see Loving Vincent, looks incredible

Attached: image.jpg (700x263, 30K)

Waking Life. it's essentially philosophy animated. its real comfy, it has a alex jones and jesse and seline (before sunset) cameo.

Attached: waking.jpg (825x1025, 180K)