Who was the best “Third Best” of the Messi-Ronaldo era

For me it’s gotta be 2011-2013 Falcao. Absolute kino to watch during his peak, had potential to be the best 9 to ever do it and was averaging roughly similar numbers as the other two.

The worst? Maybe Griezmann
The objective best? Neymar perhaps.

Attached: 50FE13D6-0177-4D01-B034-F668CF5AFF1C.jpg (660x371, 42.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S1AyGchOiOs
youtu.be/ARzWeZSXGkQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Suarez

Man he had an awful injury and was never the same

Messi

Neymar

Without precise dates, but cronologically:

- Kaká
- Sneijder
- Xaviesta in 2011-13 or so
- Neuer in ~13-14
- Neymar perhaps up until 2017, maybe Suarez too
- Modric
- Salah?
- Since around 2020, probably Lewandowski, but nowadays Benzema

My ranking:
1. Neuer 2014
2. Sneijder 2010
3. Lewandowski 2020

Only correct answer, Falcao lasted 2 years, Suarez had a better and long lasting peak.
Good thread, since no fag claims Lewandowski.

Xavi and it's not even close

Lewandowski

Hazard

Kane

yea, peak suarez was just nutty and it's amazing how effortless he looks doing ridiculous things. his technique and instinct for the game is just unrivalled. one of my favourite goals is that time he decided to meg luiz and put the ball in top bins for no reason
youtube.com/watch?v=S1AyGchOiOs

Kante

This is a really hard one to argue against. My own pick would have been Modric but there’s something irresistible and scintillating about the way Suarez plays

Fpbp

Muller

Modric

Since some of the usual suspects have already been mentioned, I'd like to add a forgotten one....di Maria

Easily Madrid's best player in 2013-14 regardless of the fan fare around Ronaldo/Bale

If the 2014 Ballon D'or voting ended in like WC group stages, the top 3 would be

1. Suarez/di Maria
2. Ronaldo
3. Robben

Unfortunately he moved to United and Suarez bit again so both their amazing seasons were rather memory holed

Its also worth mentioning that Lewandowski has easily been better than Ronaldo and Messi in each of the last 3 seasons

I hate Barcelona too but you're ridiculous

Also can't believe literally no one has mentioned Ribery yet.

Completely outshone Ronaldo when Bayern knocked out Madrid in 2012. Embarrassed Messi in 2013 and was the heartbeat of the treble winning team, Robben wasn't even in the starting line up till Kroos got injured

Also had a better performance at a WC than either Messi or Ronaldo in 2006

He also pretty much resurrected Bayern in 2008. If he didn't get injured so much he'd be probably be remembered as better than Robben

Griezmann 15/16__17/18
Suarez 13/14__15/16
But suarez had more g/a than messi and ronaldo in 2016

modric or ramos

two good answers

Obviously Rooney

Attached: pisgay.png (465x465, 270.54K)

The lord

Attached: licensed-image.jpg (1410x2048, 492.38K)

Based former colony

Der Atlantikwall.

Its not even close. We don't really remember it but a top quality goalkeeper was mainly a shot stopper and good a kicking the ball far up the field before Neuer. Once Neuer became Bayern Number One, its clear that there was a shift in the meta of the game. Legendary Keepers like Casillas, Buffon, Cech etc. were shipped out in favour of (agruably) less quality shot stoppers just because they were better with their feet. Nowadays if a goalkeeper isn't good with his feet, top teams don't want them. Every keeper by default is now a sweeper keeper and is expected to be able to start counter attacks, dribble a bit to open space, able to sweep the ball in the event of a long ball opposition counter attack, command his defence at a high line etc. Before Neuer, this would have been thought to be ridiculous, now its the standard. What's even more mind blowing is the fact did all this while still being the best shot stopper in the world for at least 5 years. No other player has had the influence on the game as much a he did in this era.

The greatest keeper of all time, and a well deserved bronze medal to two of the greatest outfielders we have ever seen.

Attached: 800px-20180602_FIFA_Friendly_Match_Austria_vs._Germany_Manuel_Neuer_850_0723.jpg (800x1200, 196.17K)

It's obviously Neymar in terms of both output and results but nobody likes him so you have to pretend a couple of guys with 3 season hot patches compare

2009-2010 Iniesta
2011-2013 Neymar
2013-2014 Neuer
2014-2016 Suarez
2017-2018 Hazard
2018-2020 De Bruyne
2020-2022 Mbappe

de bruyne was better than mbape in both of the last two years tho
mbappe didn't win his farmers league one year and lost to city and then followed it up with this year's pathetic showing in the cl

youtu.be/ARzWeZSXGkQ

biased but this. Also his flying knee attack is one of the best sports moments of the 2010s

For me, it’s LCIM in 2013

Iniesta easy, but he's not from argentina or England so...

>Completely outshone Ronaldo when Bayern knocked out Madrid in 2012
Fucking lol.
Also, pretty telling that the best players listed here all played (and always more than one simultaneously) with pissi cuckittini when he won something of note. Carried by Xavi, Iniesta, Neymar and Suarez.

Based

Lewandowski's been better than Messi and Ronaldo for 3 years, and maybe Salah has as well

Since 2010:Robben, Neymar and Suarez when it comes to attackers

Ronaldo scored and assisted 3/3 of Madrid goals, I would've said Ribery just did le dribble drabble but even this isn't correct as Ronaldo completed more dribbles

>But suarez had more g/a than messi and ronaldo in 2016

Yet he wasn't even the second best player on that team. He was pure privileged statpadder that season. His best season was 13/14 and even then he was prime statpadder.

Still a great player but he became slightly overrated over the years

Neymar was clearly better than Mbappe until this season, It was extremely evident to anyone who watched PSG, He was the main man

Based. I fucking miss LCIM so much...

griezmann was only good for country because it was stacked. atletico and barcelona played better when he wasn't around

Falcao was pure kino during that time and in his Porto years but the correct answer to this question is Suarez.

Highest peak: Forlan
Longer peak: Suarez
Most stable peak: Lewa
Most prolonged upwards trajectory: Benzema
Talking only about forwards anyways

Either prime suarez or prime bayol

>Highest peak: Forlan

Attached: 1619531864139.jpg (1280x720, 78.79K)

He's been an absolute giant of the game and it saddens me that his legacy is going to be largely forgotten.

Attached: Alves.jpg (1200x800, 99.23K)

Based Trinidad & Tobago bro.
Neuer's performance in the 2014 WC was out of this world. Especially him carrying the game against Algeria was inconceivable. Still tje best performance of any goalkeeper ever

The messi-ronaldo era ended in June 30th 2018

>Forlan

This but unironically

U forgot Robin van persie 2011-2013

Thou who knoweth not God, to any saint shall prayeth

1.Neuer
2.Ibra
3.Suarez
4. Bale
5. Neymar

>giant of the game
nobody besides culers respect this pathetic faggot

? Easily best rightvack of all time.

Neuer

Alves - Ramos - Baresi - A.Cole

>tf
>tp

Navas was at least as good

LCIM

Oh yes, a two times golden shoe winner with fucking Villarreal and Atlético and a WC golden ball top goalscorer winner is shit m8, trust me im 22 but I watch youtube clips.

o washington

chicharito