Is this show actually good? I see endless shills for it, with many people comparing it to breaking bad...

Is this show actually good? I see endless shills for it, with many people comparing it to breaking bad. Is it worth the watch?

Attached: 250px-The_Wire_-_Season_1.jpg (250x341, 24K)

It’s basically a shitty version of Breaking Bad

>muh waycism

It was compared to Breaking Bad because a few years back many considered Breaking Bad one the best shows ever, like the Wire. I don't think that many people think of Breaking Bad that highly anymore these days.

If Breaking Bad is your bar for what constitutes a goat tv show, then yeah this show isn't for you

What the fuck are you talking about? It's an ensemble police procedural about Baltimore how is that ANYTHING like wacky meth dad?

Racism is hardly an element in the show, its mostly about the ineptitude and corruption of the city itself

It's definitely nothing like breaking bad, but it is certainly the high-water mark of police television. In one of the most popular genres in television history, the wire is probably the only tv show that seems to get it. A show that focuses more on the cause of crime and the identity of the city itself than it does on getting the bad guys.

Not saying I think it's the best show ever, but it's regarded as such by many boomers I know so my question is what makes the Wire comparable to it for most people

best tv series out there along with generation kill and true detective 1.

Word of advice, OP: just skip all Ziggy scenes.

You'll know what I'm talking about.

Attached: Worst Character.jpg (506x316, 53K)

Thanks in advance I guess

Don't listen to him. Ziggy is kino and so is all of season two

>shills
Nobody is actually shilling a 20 year old show

Gotta get them box set royalties.

No dont this is a meming faggot. Everything in season 2 is incredible. Seasons ranked 2,1,4,3,5

>Putting season 4 in the middle of the pack

Zoomers can't enjoy, get ptsd just 1 year out of midde school

its for sheltered liberals who had no experience with black people and low life culture.

its about as interesting as you'd expect from a show where its main interesting piece of plot equipment is an old school wire tap.

its comfy and its a good background burn. But it fails for the same reason the vast majority of shows and movies fail in modern time, they never take it to the limit They always take the conspiracy only two levels deep at most. they never implicate their own conspiracy theory parralels. Taken never reveals the epstein lvl plot. The wire never goes after big politicians and feds.

Wrong
Wrong

It's one of the best written shows ever and the way all the seasons connect together is pure kino

Dont listen to him

Seasons 1-4 are all equal and have their own special qualities, season 5 is pretty disappointing but about half of it is cool

Meme opinion, Season 5 is just as good and ties everything together really well.
>The serial killer story is just too far fetched
It's no more far fetched than those Hamsterdam zones in Season 3, and it fit perfectly with McNulty's character

Season 4 is as bad as season 5 (still good for normal TV, just doesn't touch the first 3 seasons).

>The wire never goes after big politicians and feds.
Define 'big politicians' in the city of Baltimore. Clay Davis is shown to be an absolute pig of a human being, and Carcetti's arc shows the corruption of power through politics. The Feds aren't shown in the best light either.

>endless shills
What the fuck do you think that word means? Do you think HBO is paying people to praise a decade old show? And no it isn't worth the watch since you're going to drop it in the first episode anyways seeing as you're going into it with the idea that it's comparable to breaking bad. fuck you nigger

Attached: 1564519972058.jpg (599x382, 43K)

*more intelligent

Ok retard

More aimless than Breaking Bad, and I'm sorry, I can't get into it as much for that reason. It's a very good show for what it is, though.

Imagine having taste this shit. Just imagine it.