You are the Lead Writer for the upcoming Hotline Miami movie

How do you adapt it, Yea Forums?

Attached: E367EBFD-3807-4F6C-A3D2-F8DD2A87D0BA.jpg (1095x1600, 458K)

>DUDE NEON LIGHTS, SYNTHWAVE AND VIOLENCE

Attached: 68b8e2d79637919062-nikolas-vinding-refn.jpg (360x572, 44K)

Have it be from the perspectives of the reporter and the detective, uncovering clues that reveal a less shitty ending.

I just beat the first, is the second really that bad?

Considering it was inspired by Drive, it should be pretty ez to adapt into film really.

No, it's still really good. Worth playing but nowhere near as good as 1.

It's good

everyone hates the second's story, I think it's good even if the end is a downer. Gameplay is a huge step down because the level design is abysmal. Instead of bite sized adrenaline filled chunks you play giant football stadium sized areas so one fuck up means you die. They also disable auto throwing items for the hardest mode and introduce a ton of shitty enemies that only die to gunfire.

You could definitely take the game and remake it better, but it's nowhere near as good gameplay wise as the first.

I cast the goose as Jacket
Jake Weary as Biker

Opening scene - just a room some random russians are in, hearing the noise of jacket getting closer with them visibly terrified before brutally being beaten to death when jacket finally bursts into the room. Follow Jacket room to room until everyone is dead, cut too moody credit sequence.

that's all i got.

You could do it like HL2 did and have different main characters whose stories converge and diverge. Start with Carl or another killer, go to Evan, then Pardo, and end with Biker?

This but only mostly ironically.

Just re-write the story from the game into a screenplay with lots of filler or lots of sidestory and exposition involving the Biker or some shit

Based

Frame the killing scenes like a slasher film, focus more on characterization of characters and the effect that the ultra violence has on them. Don't follow the game's plot, make an original story.

The prostitute is now sassy fat black woman

Make it about a tranny.

And Angry Rice as the prostitute

Attached: E965BFE0-C64A-4052-98C0-14DF2D77E646.jpg (1200x1011, 393K)

Get Nicolas Winding Refn to direct.

I feel like it would have to be a trilogy or a two season series. HLM1 is one movie but 2 would need two movies IMO.

The second is v good, worse in some ways but better in many others

I honestly don't get why this is such a [henomenon. I've never been tempted to play this. Can someone give me a quick rundown, at least?

Whatever it is it has to have Richard showing an unrevealed person all the chapters as tapes in the room from the beginning of hard mode in 2

call refn

Music was the main thing that hooked me. Protag is a hitman u basically know nothing about, just that he gets seemingly random calls to clear out people connected to the mob. Lvl ends when u kill everyone, u also die a lot so it's repetitive but in a good adrenaline fueled way. When u get the hang of it game can be finished in 3 hours tops. Definitely worth a try one of my favourites for sure. And for me second lart was not a disappointment, it wrapped up the story real good.

yes

I would unironically want Refn attached to the project. Hotline Miami doesn't really have much of a plot anyway.

No, hm2 is the biggest pleb filter of our time

Play the movie like a grindhouse bloodfest where the violence is gratuitous and indulgent, but lightning-paced to match the rhythm of the game. Most visuals are trippy and unfocused and get worse when Jacket has his talks with Richter, Rasmus, and Don Juan. All of it leads up to the final siege against The Father, where all visual elements suddenly become crystal clear and extremely focused, and remains such until the very end, where Jacket drops the photo off the rooftop into the breeze and the credits roll.

HLM2's a TV show that takes place according to the timeline of events and jumps between players in the story. Violence is just as indulgent and gruesome, but focuses more on the plot than the bloodshed.

Attached: Joker.png (871x600, 388K)