Will it be remembered fondly overall 10 years from now, or has the last season destroyed its reputation forever?

Will it be remembered fondly overall 10 years from now, or has the last season destroyed its reputation forever?

Attached: ZJzktgBk_400x400.jpg (380x380, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/migration-issues/westeros-is-poorly-designed-3b01cf5cdcaf
youtube.com/watch?v=r5krxJdnknE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It’s over, the finale blew up its rep like the World Trade

Had potential to be fondly remembered
Now it's mostly an afterthought like Dexter because of its similarly shit final season despite having a strong start

who ?

Do you think of Lost fondly? I don't. I think of what the show became, that last episode and I think of what could have been but was ruined. There's GOT in 10 years for you.

Let that be a lesson to people that actually spent time watching this trash past season 3.

Should have seen it coming when they blew up the church looking back on it

This is one of those shows where I legit feel like it was a waste of time. I got nothing out of it besides funny memes on twitter.

No

Attached: 220_151281.jpg (500x215, 53K)

Reading the books right now and you can point out exactly where the show went wrong and retarded by changing plot points (like LittleFinger giving Sansa to Ramsay, the entire Dorne plot) and omitting characters (fAegon, mainly) which resulted in the retarded ending. I'd hope the books would be better but we all know they'll never be finished. I'll just have to content myself with fanfiction.

It will be remembered as the last weekly "event" type TV show of its kind. It will be looked upon with scorn for the utterly shallow story it ended up telling.

itll be remembered as the mass effect 3 of television this was beyond LOST in how shitty it became.

I enjoyed the final season much more than 5,6 and 7. That kings landing battle was kino idgaf what anyone says. That was some saving private ryan beach landing tier action.

I threw each and every single book, hard, against the wall during the course of reading them so I'm not sure fondness matters

Game of Thrones will be remembered in our society as a thing that was ruined by it's ending, and one of the greatest examples of that. Maybe ever.

This is why Wheel of Time is the ultimate kino. Went on for eternity but didn't end and can't be ruined. Fanfic doesn't count

Wasn't the last two books generally accepted as well executed?

it will be remembered fondly for a moment, and then the millisecond people remember the abysmal last season (honestly last two), people will get pissed and forget about it again

shame, because this was unironically one of the best shows on television. imagine if The Wire ended like that, no one would hold it with the same regard

I don't care if there were 100 episodes, because I do not like George's ending. Fuck him.

Most of dexter was completely unwatchable. It’s best to watch season 1, 2, 4, and just forget everything else exists.

Got started off very solid then started disintegrating as early as season 3.

lol no it wasn’t you cuck

it won't be remembered at all

Is general acceptance now our criterion?

Whos this?

Yikes!

>4
That's the meme season and no, it wasn't good. Books were better at that point, but I'm not going to argue it.

Probably will be remembered like Lost. It will still have a lot of fans but the mainstream consensus will focus on the bad ending.

The show was never good. Does anyone actually remember anything about this show that wasn't in the penultimate episodes of each season

John lithgow does well and the ending is exactly what should’ve happened to dexter.

Also the books you’re talking about were written after the show. The original books got retconned and were incredibly retarded.

People don't even want to rewatch the good parts because the ending tainted them too much.

Quite possibly the worst ending in television history. There are very few that retroactively ruin the entire show to the point where viewers aren't even sure if they'd recommend it any more.

The ending made me not want to finish the books even if GRRM, by some miracle, finishes them.

I stopped recommending legion after season 3. Lots of beds have been shat in the last few years.

Listen to the audiobooks ;_;

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

The books are way better than the show, even though they're retarded.

S8 absolutely destroyed my desire to ever watch this show again. You have to stick the fucking landing. It doesn’t have to please everyone but S8 was a god damn shit show. I’ll just rewatch some of my fave clips on JewTube.

Attached: 428090DB-634C-48E6-8677-47B27A981F0D.jpg (728x728, 104K)

>Jorah spends 8 season protecting, getting greyscale and dying to zombies to protect a crazy woman who never loved him

Anything would be better than the same formula recycled every season.

sup, life?

The last season ruined it for dumb normies.
It's what they deserved for accepting the last 5 seasons.

>Dexter makes a friend and then kills him
You're right. Lindsay did better.

Damnit, the last season really took a giant steaming piece of shit on everything.

Fixit ASAP!

What was season 7. I forget. Was it trash?

Battle of the basterds and killing off littlefinger.

Everything after season 3 was noticeable crap

There are people in this site who took this show seriously? lmao

Season 7 was horrible filler

Battle of the basterds was season 6. As annoying and dumb as season 6 is it's fucking Citizen Kane compared to 7 and 8 and has some of the bests moments in the whole series.

Argh, right. Season 7 was some tiny filler between three years of nothing after which we got season 8. A total and complete pile of shit.

I am beyond pissed at what D&D did to GOT with the last two seasons. They completely stopped even trying or pretending to try to give a shit.

So the last two seasons need to be redone properly with no fucking bullshit.
12 episodes a season.

For a show that taught me so much it deserved a better ending than the one it got.

Lindsay Ellis did a good demolition of the last season in her latest video. Although she did quietly go back on her "not discussing the books" stance from the previous video, since the utter failure of the ending is clearly due to trying to diverge from the unwritten books while still ending the same way.

Season six contradicted season seven, which contradicted season eight. D&D set shit up only to throw it away the next season.

Lost, Dexter, GOT

>For a show that taught me so much
Wat da fug

Heroes

You wouldn't understand anytime soon but go ahead, throw your best question.

>Lindsay Ellis
you have to go back

Heroes was a trainwreck after the first season

my uncle is gorge rr martin he said hes maken the movie after season 8 starring jon snow and sansa

>man who learned something from GAME OF THRONES is attempting to assert intellectual superiority

There isn’t anything original in the franchise. It’s all recycled and repurposed.

who /baratheon/ here?

Attached: 1562196070239.png (939x876, 714K)

people have already forgotten about it

kino livethreads on Yea Forums, though. I thought that's what you were getting at, sorry

Heroes was a train wreck from the first minute.

quite literally a house of cucks and/or homos

lmao what did the show teach you, you fucking twat

The show really jumped the shark bring back Jon. Old got he would have been guaranteed dead, so many poor choices that should have been disregarded.

>Stannis
>cuck
fuck off and eat your crayons dabid

That it aint worth the time worrying about whether I'm liked by every shithead and cuntwad or not while I'm busy dealing with the real bad shit.

Attached: 1566021169843.jpg (232x217, 9K)

It was still good in season 4.

And she probably whispered in his ear “I loved you like a brother” too

>a lion doesnt concern himself with the opinions of the sheep
based and redpilled

>who /baaaaggghhhratheon/ here?
Fixed

Attached: aaaggghhh (1).png (590x559, 480K)

Only the first two seasons are worth watching and even then I'd argue that the show starts going downhill midway through season 2

Attached: 1563052305604.gif (415x340, 471K)

this is the moment the show truly jumped the shark

>implying
SO, SHERSHEI, I HEAR FUCKING YOUR BROTHER IS OFF THE TABLE ASH WELL

Attached: littlefinger.jpg (550x300, 34K)

>lost
Same. Never had a desire to watch it again.

>J-j-j-usst a crumb!
>Dies

Ah, child of a single mother.

bump

The last few seasons have almost completely erased the whole thing from my memory. Not even sure if I'll buy Winds

What was the point of this character? He was built up for 8 seasons as a massive threat, but simply got one shotted and disappeared forever. We learned nothing about him.

Attached: images-12.jpg (454x675, 25K)

yep that was shit and out of character but didnt ruin an entire character arc

at least he isnt a faggot cheering on arya or any other woke character

I'm never going to watch another episode again

No, we got the Night King backstory in the show. We learned how he was turned into what he became, why it happened, and what his motivations are. Those symbols that White Walkers liked to make, were bastardizations of Children of The Forest symbols.

You're looking for detail that isn't there.

>Dany: No, no, not him!.
>Bran: Rhaegar... was your father.
>Dany: no, no! no! no! that means Jon is my brother! my life is just.. one big joke!
>Bran: I don't think your life is a joke.
>Dany: Yeah, well... I'm sorry if I don't trust your sense of humor.
>Bran: Will you smile if I admit I was wrong?
>Dany: About what?
>Bran: Miracles, Events with astronomical odds of occurring, like oxygen turning into gold.
>Bran: I've longed to witness such an event and yet I neglect that in human coupling... millions upon millions of cells compete to create life for generation after generation, until finally, your northern mother loves a man ...Rhaegar, a man who lead to the deaths of millions... and out of that contradiction, against unfathomable odds, it's you two, only you that emerged, to distill so specific a form from all that chaos is like turning air into gold, a miracle. And so... I was wrong, it was beautiful
>Bran: Now dry your eyes, and let's get you home, to the house with the red door.

You got it wrong two lines in.

True, although after red wedding is when Dabid started catering toward the normies with anime villains like shirtless ramsay, karl tanner and cannibal thenns. Also fucks up any potential for future book subplots like Tysha, Jojen, Rorge, Meereenese politicians, etc. Still a kino season, but only if you don't consider how many bridges it burned.

What were they thinking making Bran of all people the king? He was a cripple and just a kid.

Edmure would have made an excellent peacetime king.

Also why didn't Dorne and Iron Islands ask for independence, like the North? They are also culturally different from rest of Westeros.

Sansa becoming the queen was a pure fanservice.

not to mention the iron islands had a full on rebellion for independence within a decade of the show

Multiple rebellions at that.

>even if GRRM, by some miracle, finishes them

Does anybody even think this is a remote possibility? The fat fuck can't even bring himself to finish the one he's been working on for a decade that's was supposedly being edited for release years ago. He gave up, it's over.

As sad as it was to see the whole thing come crashing down, he deserved it for being a lazy faggot who didn't even try to finish what he started. People will always remember him as the guy who almost made something great then let other people fuck it up.

Attached: 1503199438005.jpg (500x700, 34K)

I like how season 8 was so bad it sapped his will to write.

The last episode was cringe.

I called it shit for years, so I’m glad I was vindicated

That doesn't excuse the last 8 years. People also hate Bran as King, but fatfuck stubbornly refuses to acknowledge it as stupid.

The show has been bad since season 2, and everyone who defended the shitty and pointless changes as well as the terrible OC characters and plot points deserve the terrible ending they got.

Attached: 1367371353420.png (299x328, 119K)

Yeah, I need my shopping Pyat Pree, my Belwas, and my Shadow Baby Deus Ex Machina Pt. Deux.

I did, Roy. No words of mine can described how impressed I was by your reading of Ygritte and the cunnilingus scene in particular.

>DONT STOP-

Bump :3

Walter won.

>GRRM says Bran is the main character
>his chapters are constantly dwarfed by Jon, Tyrion, Arya, and Daenerys
>his asos chapters add nothing to his character and are only there for worldbuilding(nightfort)
>only gets three fucking chapters in the last book

Did he say that? He told Alan Taylor, one of the show directors, that Jon and Dany were the point of the series way back in season one.

bros, i think book jaime is /ourguy/

Attached: problematic jaime.png (849x219, 117K)

Its like Lost and BSG magnified 100x

People will fondly remember the early to mid seasons, completely forget everything in the mid season, everybody will struggle to remember something good from the final 2 seasons (well uhh Dany was stupid hot when she became psycho evil for those last 2 episodes, Drogon still lives, jon is set free, etc.)

the 2nd to last episode is probably the only redeeming episode the entire season and even it has the issue to focusing to much on Arya surviving the destruction

She was hot for the last two seasons. She was just surrounded by idiots who forgot how war works, so Cersei could stay in power.

Attached: 1565455475490.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

In a stunt or stage performance, the thing that gets remembered by the audience is the ending, the climax, sticking the landing. If the ending fails, the whole act is absorbed into the failure. That's how Game of Thrones will be remembered too.

No, they had a rebellion within a decade of the show, and then another WITHIN the show.
War of the FIVE Kings.

it got rian johnsoned

Lost, BSG, GoT are all hard sells after such shit show endings but the only show I could never go back and watch after seeing the ending was Penny Dreadful
>3 seasons of slowly building up a battle between the wolfman vs Dracula
>even introduce a 2nd wolfman for back up
>before the fight Eva Green commits sudoku and both get sad and nothing happens
>also the adventures of frankensteins monster doing jack shit and ex whore frankensteins mate building an army of undead whores that goes nowhere
>Poo in the Loo Dr. Jekyll with the show ending right before he becomes Mr. Hyde
Now they have the balls to do a spinoff series with no returning characters but a few returning actors and are pissed because theirs ZERO interest in Penny Dreadful LA edition

Penny dreadful was utterly horrid. So the ending being bad was just par.

>and ex whore frankensteins mate building an army of undead whores that goes nowhere

>Season One
>"Oh, Dorian's either the villain for the season or they're setting him up to be the villain for season two"
>Season Two
>"Dorian's definitely the villain for the season, but maybe they're setting him up as season 3's villain"
>Season Three
>....

Attached: discord tranny hours tv.webm (1920x1080, 2.98M)

>good actors
>good story elements and ideas
>good set designs, costumes, props, etc.
>horrible long drawn out execution of every bit of it
I feel bad for anyone of the cast or crew that actually gave a shit about the show because godamn if the shows creator and chief writing staff not give a single fuck

Shows that won't be remembered in 10 years

Game of Thrones
LOST
Dexter
Breaking Bad

>Breaking Bad
Please.

I don’t think anyone actually cared about the show. Everyone seemed like they were just in it for the paycheck. Except Eva green, she just wants to get her tits out and be ugly.

BB finale was bad, but not bad enough that it retroactively ruined the whole show. It will still be remembered fondly.

>entire book arcs him into slowly dragging himself away from everything represented by his love for his sister
>show arc ends with him dueling a pirate because he wanted a good girl, but needed the sister pussy

>BB finale
No, it was not.

It was really classy how they completely undid Jamie’s character arc/development.

I haven't thought fondly of GoT since Season 4. To me, it is the absolute pleb filter. Anyone who still watched after S3 is retarded.

I liken it to House of Cards: a final season so bad it destroyed the goodwill the series had.

I dropped House of Cards when the Russian guy made Frank fire his wife in season 3. Soap opera shit.

It'll be going in the "What were we thinking?" pile, alongside shit like Dexter, Heroes, Lost, Battlestar Galactica, and soon to be joined by The Walking Dead.

It's good all the way up to the end of S4. S5 is when it turned to shit, and never recovered. Thank god Disney took them off Star Wars.

>GoT
No

>/got/
Absolutely

Attached: 1yqj5qrtn8x21.png (960x505, 592K)

I was in ASDA and walked past the DVDs on the way to the garlic crushers, and saw seasons 1 to 6 for sale. And I thought to myself yeah, that's about it. I don't know if 7 and 8 are just not out yet, but it's funnier to think that they just declined to stock them.

You in the wrong board boy. This here is a Sopranos board. Fuck outta here.

Implying it didn't turn to shit after s01 when Jew and Jew decided they were better writers than the Gurm.

>better writers than the Gurm.
Not exactly hard to beat. Reminder that the retarded show ending is, Gurm's endless prevaricating aside, essentially how he envisioned the series ending.

Attached: dx1es1.jpg (355x439, 16K)

Why didn't they just decide to balkanize the entire region into seven kingdoms?

Because Sansa/the Norf must get their special ending even if it defies all logic or consistency.

It will be forgotten utterly except as a passing fad of the time. I, no shit, about a month after the finale forgot that I ever watched it and had to think consciously to recall whether or not I had watched it. The ending not only ruined it, it killed it, buried it and removed the gravestone.

I rewatch GOT season 1-7 each year because i really liked it but after season 8, i dont even want to rewatch the whole thing knowing thats how its gonna end

s7 was mostly trash
that terrible littlefinger subplot and the dumbass beyond the wall wight hunting quest line
nothing of note happened which then set up s8 to fail as all the actual plot/character development was left until then

As dumb as many things in seasons 5-7, they really upped their game in the finale. A show that started out about people vying for power (naming the entire show) ends with people giving the highest power to some weird cripple and makes a kinslaying dwarf his right hand as "punishment".
The ending for the Starks was just pure fanservice that betrayed the premise of the show. They're the good guys, so they all get good endings and get together for a group hug in the end. Why is Yara not calling for independence as well? Why is she angry over Dany's death? She only threw in with Dany as a necessity and begrudgingly accepted to stop raiding the mainland. They're not grrrrlfriends - did D&D not even keep track of their own post-book story?

>soon
Are you implying TWD hasn't been culturally irrelevant for years? The show itself has become a zombie.

What didn't you like about 4? I felt 5 was where it totally shit the bed.
Was it Robb's wife?

Book 1-3 was great and had they just followed them as they did in S01 the S02 to 04 would turn out much better. Also, Jew and Jew are really bad writers, can't wait until they get their own Star Wars movie.

The final season absolutely torpedoed it's popularity. It honestly feels like people are embarrassed to talk about it now

Will Kevin Spacey be remembered fondly as a great actor or as a disgusting pedo?

it's already been over 10 years since the first ep of breaking bad, user
s5 was an anticlimax for the most part but it still had strong episodes and wrapped the show up well enough to not retroactively ruin it.

Lost had a better ending than GoT. It's middle was much worse though

In 10 years they are collecting suspected SJWs in re-education camps. HBO subscriptions will be used as some profiling material.

This

Biggest show to ever exist, literally spoken of in hushed tones now

Breaking Bad however will remain GOAT for the time being

I have every episode downloaded but I took the day off to watch the finale live which was at 1pm here. I still haven't downloaded the final episode and I don't think I ever will

Seriously why did they ruined the ending like that? Literally everything else would be better, straight up copy paste fan theories for fuck sake

Attached: 1566055442503.jpg (800x522, 48K)

By s5 the show was so different to the books I don't think they were following Grrms ending that closely.
Still, to be honest I just think the fat fuck has no idea how to end things in the first place which is why the next book is never ever coming out. The whole "GRRMs got the ending planned" was likely just bs all along. At most he would have a description of who survives and who doesn't, but I doubt he has any idea how it reaches that point.

>Breaking Bad
Sopranos is the true GOAT series.

>Also why didn't Dorne and Iron Islands ask for independence
Mate have you read the script? It makes the Joker look like War and Peace

>destroyed

Nobody fucking likes Bran. The only good move would have been to make him the main antagonist instead of Wikipedia on wheels

They had to rush it to go work for Star Wars. As if that franchise wasn't in enough trouble.

They were limited to write only one movie of the trilogy now

Attached: 1565712013210.jpg (255x253, 19K)

destroyed by last season.

The correct advice is to watch the first half of the show (4 seasons) and stop there.

Seriously? That's hilarious.

I watched every episode religiously but I havent seen the final besides some clips on here

You're lucky. It's complete nonsense. The only joy is knowing all the unsullied are sailing to their death

This. The finale of S4 is a decent place to end things anyway.

>Tywin is dead, and the Lannisters are basically fucked without him.
>By all accounts, Tommen and Marge stand to be fairly benevolent rulers.
>Tyrion and Varys escape to safety in Essos.
>Sansa is "safe" in the Vale
>Bran takes his first steps toward becoming the next Three Eyed Raven
>Arya takes her first steps toward becoming a Faceless Man
>Mance is defeated, removing the Wildling threat.
>Stannis and Jon stand ready against enemies from either side of the Wall.

I will fondly remember getting into the show and watching the first 5 seasons and being obsessed. Though overall it will not be remembered fondly.

Of course not, I meant it in the context of cancelled/finished shows that were big deals at the time, but people just scratch their heads about now in hindsight, of which TWD is soon to join the ranks of once it is inevitably cancelled sooner rather than later. I stopped watching in the latter half of S4, so I'm definitely no fan.

It will be remembered as "it was pretty good", instead of "greatest TV series ever". It really had the potential to be there.

Remember when breaking bad was THE show everyone would ever talk about?
Nowadays who talks about it irl?
Gonna be the exact same thing with GOT, as long as another big meme show comes along to replace it.
50 shades of grey miniseries perhaps

I will remember S1 and S2 fondly. Then Stannis took the throne and it ended with that because everything afterwards became increasingly shittier.

I don't know if you'll ever get anything as big as GoT again. It was basically "Kitchen Sink: The Show", and had something for everyone.

I have fond memories of watching it with Yea Forums laughing at the stupidity of it all.

I gave up around the end of season 3. That seems to be my threshold for shows like this. I dropped Battlestar Galactica and The Walking Dead in the third season too.

Why did it happen I forget

I still expect Winds of Winter to come out, a Dream of Spring is never coming ever

>Lady Shansha, I believe you lied under oath when you said your aunt Lysa jumped through the Moon door? Does this not matter?
>Ah, I shuppoze we are taking a crippled boy's dreams as facts, then? Should all trials be settled this way?
>Do great deeds not weigh in on my innocence? Saving you from the Lannisters, returning you to your seat in Winterfell, saving your brother and bringing the Vale into your service. A fair trial is the least you can offer me.
>No? Very well. I shall demand trial by combat.
>Not even that? Fine, then the Night's Watch will serve me well enough, with the dead on the way you need every man you can spare.
>No? Very well, but you are a Stark, my lady. I shall not accept accept your sentence if you are not the one to look me in the eye and take my life yourself.
>Or, whatever, just have the goblin bitch mutilate my throat with my dagger. Then burn my body.
>Or you can just leave my corpse on the floor. That would be acceptable as well.

Attached: 1507369980779.jpg (500x531, 130K)

From the beginning of the penultimate episode to the mid point of the finale (Daenerys deaded) was kino.

The last half of the finale made sense to a point but was poorly executed.

There are worse finales out there.

Most kino finales of all time go to Life on Mars (UK) / Ashes to Ashes,

he's said it will be out before Worldcon New Zealand in July 2020. Its his last chance if it still isn't out by then, then we'll know 100% it isn't coming out. Honestly if by some miracle winds is released i just know the next book will be in an even longer hiatus before the fat fuck dies on the toilet at McDonalds

SAUCE
CITATION NEEDED
WHEN DID HE SAY THIS, WHERE DID HE SAY THIS, WITH WHAT TONE OF VOICE, IN RESPONSE TO WHAT, TO HOW LARGE AN AUDIENCE, WITH WHAT JUSTIFICATION GIVEN
WHAT IS IT WHERE IS IT HOW WILL IT AFFECT ME

Final Season Fubarred All that came before.

He has given a number of deadlines over the years, and blown past each and every one of them.

Dexter's conclusion was shit because the series started right in the middle of the trend of tv show writing where you can start off with a fantastical first few seasons because you don't need a plan for finishing it. See also: Lost, Prison Break, Heroes.

GoT had a similar problem but for a different reason - The show was tied to a series of novels that hadn't been finished yet.

>Listen to the audiobooks ;_;
Is Roy Dotrice's narration as bad in the actual books as it is in A World of Ice and Fire because that shit is practically unlistenable. He sounds like he's about to die any moment.

theres very few instances of an ending completely negating the experience up to it, but GoT managed to do so. There's simply no pay off watching the show again. MAYBE season 1, and just end it after Ned dies as an isolated experience.

>believing GRRM

Attached: 1564463206330.jpg (1280x719, 163K)

F

What battle?

The last season wasn't that bad. Hell, it wasn't even the worse season.

It was by far the worse season. Everything wrong about the show was amplified by a million. It didn't even have good action. The dialogue was atrocious (when there was actually dialogue). The season one callbacks were embarrassingly forced. The ending was completely unearned.

GoT was forgettable.

Forever destroyed. Even if the Fatman never finishes the story, its promise alone is enough. The only thing that could possibly redeem it would be if the rest of the story is written and, against all conceivable odds, is even worse.

Most Hollywood writers today lack the creative talent to write their own stories. Notice how recent TV shows and movies devolve into adaptations that don't even respect the source material. Because most of them are a bunch of hacks.

based notorious poster

in the West? yeah.
the shit direction of our society? general acceptance.
I DUN WANT IT, general acceptance.
i could go on and on this pattern.

>try to rewatch series
>first scene is setting up the white walkers
>turn it off

Attached: 1359873789.jpg (999x765, 65K)

Most "writers" under the age of 35 have barely read a thing since college. We'll never know for sure, but likely the majority of working writers in hollywood just read other scripts, at best.

Attached: 1358807560443.gif (193x135, 485K)

These. The first few seasons may have been good, but the middling later seasons and shit ending killed any desire to rewatch it. Had it ended well I might have felt like a marathon with friends, picking up connections to later events we missed and fun stuff like that, but it bombed so bad neither me nor my friends give a fuck anymore. I usually buy a set for shows I like once they're done too, but I won't be buying GoT.

nobody remembers it NOW. All news and media coverage for everyone involved has dropped completely. The stupid Cash-in spin offs they are working on will flop because any momentum they would have benefited from is absolutely gone. It wasn't just the last season, it was the last two or three that destroyed everything.

I ROVED YE
I ROVED YE DAANDY
WHA AI
WHA AI
YOU WER MA AH AU NTIE

>It wasn't just the last season, it was the last two or three that destroyed everything.
I blame season 6. It was a slight recovery from Season 5 and gave people hope. Killing-off the sneks the way they did almost seemed like a mea culpa. Had they just driven it further down in S6, maybe HBO would have intervened.

Attached: ghost.jpg (1911x1045, 303K)

season 6 & 7 were fucking trash.

season 7 in particular was filler garbage that could've been used to flesh out 8 more.. it didn't even have any coherency or point. the bitch blew up the sept of the main religion of the island that experienced an extremist religious revival and no one cared? euron is a total waste of a character too.

i don't sympathize with the audience though because the garbage seasons increased the ratings. faggots were even 'YASSS SLAY'ing the arya asspull in season 8 that should've gotten it taken off the air

>faggots were even 'YASSS SLAY'ing the arya asspull in season 8
You don't understand how the pozzed mind works. They're always going to YASS at everything their meme hero does until the inevitable hangover and the "think pieces" start getting written and the group consensus shifts. Whereas normies and cynical degenerates generally will call shit out right away (to a fault, even), leftoid cattle take time to decide how they feel about something. This makes them more valuable consumers, in the end, because they're literally addicted to the initial YASS rush of emotion and thus easier to manipulate.

YASS user, SLAY THE QWEENS

anyone else see the opinion on reddit go from "fuck off incel, sansa is your superior" to "fuck d&d and fuck sansa" during the end of the season to a week later. Interesting 180

The thing is, those two jews (D&D) are actually continuing to make money, they somehow managed to secure their careers while they literally destroyed every single actor's career in the show by destroying the plot in the last 2 seasons dramatically. As a result, the manlet in OP actually had to go to a rehabilitation centre and is probably still there.

how did the mighty /freefolk react to sansa being a bitch to dany in the first episode?

Stop bashing L O S T. It ended well, it was at least entertaining and not ALL plots went to trash. And overall plot can still be explained.

But there is no explanation to many of the stuff in GoT. They were all there for 'le subversion'. So nothing mattered in the end, it's just subversion, there is no need for further theorycrafting, because not a single plot, prophecy or whatever actually mattered with the final season.

"I kinda dont like Dany now"

"The “whatever they want” line was a needlessly bitchy one liner when Sansa was pointing out pretty legitimate logistical concerns. It’s also kind of dumb writing that she seems pretty entitled and baffled at Sansa and other Northerners not immediately groveling to the first Targaryen to call themselves ruler since Aerys. I feel like her character should be smarter than that by now.

My one main complaint with the show in general is that it feels like half of the dialogue has become cheeky one liners and less naturalistic."

I think it was either the whole Joffrey focus or the death of Tywinn (the only interesting character). But I must admit that everything after the red wedding felt dramatically worse in quality. I just don't remember what season that was, because it is all so forgettable.

Oh shush, Lindsay's sound. Regarding GOT she hits the nail on the head.

Season 4.

>"It makes me mad when people say that the writers or directors didn't do any work for the last season."
>"like we did 11 months of night shoots, you can't say that anyone wasn't working their ass off."

Fuck Sophie is stupid

No, it's baffling stupid that Sansa, who is at best the Lady of Winterfell, would go around running her mouth like that. It's also baffling stupid that food supplies wouldn't have been taken into consideration.

>season 6 & 7 were fucking trash.
I didn't claim otherwise. That doesn't change the fact that season 8 was even worse than trash.

I quip at this post dismissively

Why isnt your breastplate covered in leather, user?

>the Sopranos will still be remembered fondly when it dabbed on smoothbrains with the open-ended life goes on ending

Attached: the sopranos.jpg (970x546, 105K)

It's really fucking stupid, it's like Catelyn shit talked Robert in S1 and Ned didn't do shit

Attached: 1564930368619.png (472x357, 214K)

Truly the smartest person ever in the show, with her nonsensical scheming and pointing out the obvious.

I kinda don't like user now

I doubt it will be remembered at all in 10 years.
Just look at this board; hardly anyone can muster up the energy to even shitpost about it anymore.

Nice digits, but The Sopranos is an honorary diversity show because, well, I read a lot and did you know...

Attached: dennis-hopper-true-romance-768.jpg (768x512, 91K)

Yes yes, niggers and such.

>hardly anyone can muster up the energy to even shitpost about it anymore.
as long as i am posting, /got/ is not over.

Attached: 138746783.png (633x742, 1.03M)

so you're just going to quip and then exit stage left without so much as a death scene?

the show hasn't been canon for years
>blackfish is still alive
>stannis is marching on winterfell
>the books will never be completed
>therefore the only canon is that which we meme
>which means stannis is the rightful heir and will win the throne
QED

Attached: 1342468435.png (1021x525, 752K)

It's actually pretty depressing from where it started.

Attached: summer-is-coming.png (800x645, 950K)

It started out as soap opera shit
>Gustava, strangling a dog
>Talking directly to the camera
>Me amore... Pero muerte...
Literally telemundo. You were just blind to the hype

That's already been debunked dude, the guy (I say guy, cuz he was an adult, not a child, so nix the "pedo" shit), was already outted as a liar

We watched Westeros degenerate from a based society to a feminine one

Attached: 1565735694102.jpg (500x384, 46K)

it was never good

When will you guys accept that it was not season 7´s fault but the lack of source and D&D incompetence to plant and develope their alternative vision on the previous season what killed GoT. Anyone expecting D&D to actually come through on season 7 after watching what they had been doing on the two previous seasons is an idiot. By the time season 7 arrived the show was already dead. It´s just that simple.

Both the books and the show where character based. The moment they didn´t know how to follow the individual plots of the main characters the show was dead. You can really tell that season 1 to 3 or 4 are one thing and the rest is another thing altogether.
For starters on the first seasons every single main character grows and sees his/her status quo change every season. This is what made the events relevant in the first place. Secondary, on the first season characters didn´t die for "shock effect" or to subvert anything. They died because they either had fullfilled their plot purpose or because their deaths changed the status quo for the main characters. Geofrey´s death worked to make Sanza flee, the red wedding made Arya decide to go to Bravos, Tywin´s death made Tyrion leave and so on. None of those deaths was because "lol, bet you didn´t see that coming. subverted!!!".
Once D&D took over the show became something else, characters would not develope anymore. Sanza went back to play the victim, Daenerys went back to recruit yet another dothraki army, Bran got put into a dead end situation and they had to magically save him with deux ex Benjen. And that´s not mentioning all the forced relationships or how none of the characters fullfilled their arcs. Jon legacy was useless, Sanza never actually becomes smart or does anything smart, she is handed information and she tells, Arya never gets her revenge on anyone important, Cersei dies crushed by rocks, Jaimie reverts on all his growth. And let´s not even get started on Jon x Daeny.

Calm down Batman. He joked about allowing New Zeeland to imprison him on Not A Blog.

D&D were always hacks lucky to be able to adapt a series of books that already had a cult following.

I haven't listened to that, but his narration of the main books is good.

D&D gave themselves nothing to work with.

Attached: ic7w8y4h28y21.jpg (500x1553, 194K)

Wow, I'm impressed an user spoonfed me hours after the fact. How nice of you.
I've long since Googled it. It's no less depressing than I expected, which is why I never posted a link.

It won't be remembered, not because it was that bad. Just because they revealed that there was ultimately no point to anything and everything was meaningless.

Uncle. Sit.
>Edmure the incel kicks his chair in frustration over Sansa's feminist dominance

I have a hearty laugh when people try to claim that season 8 BTFO feminists when shit like this happened.

Attached: 1562714901337.webm (854x480, 2.82M)

He'll be remember as one of the last to be so unjustly persecuted because of who he loves.

>pozzed
>normies
>leftoid cattle

Yikes

Season 8 was no worse than the past 4 seasons. The ending being the way it was is just inevitable, DnD (and GRRM also) had no ultimate vision in mind. Just wrapping up plot points efficiently while following some piecemeal skeleton from GRRM.

The show could never be anything more than entertaining schlock because it's always (even in the books) been about subverting classic storytelling from writers like Tolkien who actually understood how to make a coherent and life-affirming story. GRRM just lets things grow and sees where it takes him. The problem is the garden ended up overgrown and fucked himself totally because he himself has no clue where he is going.

>You've used words/terms/phrases coded to represent my ideological opposition, thus i am compelled to act as if you've made a social faux pas by yikesposting
>with luck and determination, I endeavor to steer the group consensus away from one benefiting my ideological opposition
yeah. nah.

Attached: pavlovian_reflex.gif (320x338, 2.02M)

>Season 8 was no worse than the past 4 seasons.
Imagine being blind and deaf.

Its only worse in the sense that it's the ending and there is no chance of recovery. Season 5 is objectively the worst.

Same thing happened in GOT

Yes, considering the shows were almost a straight adaptation for thr first few seasons

Im about to start AFFC. What am I in for?

On the Road with Brienne and Pod

based

Attached: 143274675.png (1233x621, 112K)

Is it audiokino?

Season 5 had Hardhome, which was better than all of season 8 combined. Even if one doesn't like Hardhome, it was way fucking garbage that was season 8. Season 8 has next to nothing. It's bad action, bad dialogue, and widespread, irreversible character assassination.

jaime chapters are good, ironborn and cersei chapters are readable, everything else is absolute shit

>way better than the fucking garbage that was season 8

Yes, I do. You might just project your own disability to comprehend a basic Storyline on others

i dunno. I asked about Roy Dotrice's narration before because it's practically unlistenable in A World of Ice and Fire audiobook and yet everyone raves about his reading of the main series. He sounds like he's dying (because he was). It's made me reluctant to listen to the main series, though.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a finishing blow, the author wrote instead that the character "put all his weight into his sword"

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Martin’s mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of A Song of Ice and Fire by the same Frank Herbert. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Game of Thrones at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Frank Herbert." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "A Song of Ice and Fire" you are, in fact, trained to read Frank Herbert.

Attached: 9F6D7C89-F149-4184-9D25-9B9B23943464.jpg (620x413, 31K)

He's right

That's me. I was correcting a typo.

I love his narration but I havent heard a world of ice and fire. Some of his name pronunciations are weird but you get used to it.

You're right then

Why though? Why did he bloat the book if it was building to such a climax by the end of book three

medium.com/migration-issues/westeros-is-poorly-designed-3b01cf5cdcaf
Also, GRRM cheated to have the Lannisters win in the beginning, and now he wanted to cheat to have the Starks win in the end.

Maario Naharis

Attached: 0i5zuu5xb8031.jpg (477x318, 22K)

The show hit its peak with the Tower of Joy episode. All down hill from there.

Based autist. Your critique is wrong however. The lannisters get a head start because they use dirty tricks, but the starks being honorable gives them long term loyalty and therefore the overall victory. Its like playing an aggro red deck vs a blue control deck in magic

youtube.com/watch?v=r5krxJdnknE
>2:24
This was kino, too bad that it LITERALLY didn't matter AT ALL

Attached: 1554414519086.png (1022x731, 643K)

I'll try them but i'm still angry about the narration in A World of Ice and Fire. It's such dull, ponderous material but _just interesting enough_ to keep your mind semi-focused. A horrible actual read but exceedingly good bedtime material if not for Roy Dotrice literally dying whilst trying to make i through a sentence.

I've since switched to Fire & Blood as go-to bedtime material - read by a different Brit faggot - but I like the scope of World of Ice and Fire much better.

I listen to it while I work. If i didnt Id literally kill myself at my job. Any other audiobooks you recommend for when im done all the GRRM material?

Normies will forget it ever existed by next year when the next 'big show' comes out. Just like with the Supranos/Lost/Breaking Bad

>S8 absolutely destroyed my desire to ever watch this show again. You have to stick the fucking landing. It doesn’t have to please everyone but S8 was a god damn shit show. I’ll just rewatch some of my fave clips on JewTube.
Low IQ post. Hate to sound cliched but the journey is more important than the destination. Though a good ending is like icing on the cake.

Attached: 1437364997635.png (317x392, 134K)

>or has the last season destroyed its reputation forever

>The lannisters get a head start because they use dirty tricks
No, it's because GRRM wanted them to get an advantage. Everybody else--House Arryn, Stannis, Renly (lol shadow baby), Dorne, and The Starks--either do nothing or fight each other just so the Lannisters can stay in power. What absurdly good luck the Lannisters had that all their enemies self-imploded.

>jaime chapters are good, ironborn and cersei chapters are readable, everything else is absolute shit
Pleb detected. AFFC is one of the better books. I can't be bothered to read another Jon or Danny ADWD chapter.

Attached: roose-bolton.jpg (240x187, 20K)

It’s an interesting read but boy is that author autistic as fuck. A fantasy novel should never need that level of criticism levelled at it over such minor things.

After that finale and last season, there's no point in even thinking of GoT now. Only that fat fuck writing a proper ending before he dies might fix that abomination.

So what if it had some better setpieces? S8 was loaded with setpieces that are undeniably cool. If you wanna rate which one has more entertaining schlock value then who cares ultimately.

>This was kino, too bad that it LITERALLY didn't matter AT ALL
-It caused a huge amount of insecurity in Danny, thus pushing her more over the edge.
-Jon was able to ride the dragon to help battle the Night King

Next you will argue that Jon being able to ride the dragon was pointless, right?

>all ''intelligent'' characters see Jon, a northern bastard, riding a fucking dragon
>no one gives a shit
Also yes, it was pointless because he only ride it like 2 times

Attached: dragon.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

They were morn concerned with the army of the living dead to question why Jon could ride the dragon.

Nonsense, thorough attention to detail with worldbuilding can pay-off bigly further down the road in all sorts of ways given how sophisticated modern media is. That said, most 'worldbuilding nerds' are just procrastinating writers since worldbuilding tends to be the fun, sexy stuff and the actual writing tends to be a slog. Actually composing fiction is much harder work then most people think.

And you're making Excuses for a flat Storyline. Given the fact how much Fanfic there is, they had Thousands of Opportunities to develop the Character properly instead of making him a blue meanie without a real Cause. Why did he Rebel against his Creators, do the CoF just suck at Programming ? Why did he even used the Symbolism ? If he's just a soulless Weapon out of Control why should he give a flying fuck about psychological Warfare. Why did he choose came back at that specific Moment and not the hundreds of Thousands of other Winters since the Long Night and now that I've mentioned the Long Night, what exactly happened then ? What's up with Crasters Boys and the Winter Palace ? Why exactly does he want to end the World ? All that Questions would have been easy to answer with a twist or two yet they choosed to go for the most simple Shit you can come up with.
>he's just really evil lolo
Fucking retarded. And like I said, there would have been enough source material and most importantly enough Opportunities to just give him a Character and a Cause that is beyond
>I'm really evil lolo

The army of the dead that was easily stopped by la goblina? Then why they didn't talked about it after the "long" night? Stop trying to justify shit writing you fucking shill

Attached: d6ae4b54a2b60018a775717d0d5ba00a.jpg (1080x1254, 141K)

>And you're making Excuses for a flat Storyline.
I didn't give excuses for anything. I merely stated that the people who claim the Night King had no explanation are wrong. I made no claim about the quality of said explanation.

My personal favorite book in the series, and Dorne chapters.

>The army of the dead that was easily stopped by la goblina? Then why they didn't talked about it after the "long" night? Stop trying to justify shit writing you fucking shill
They did talk about Jon's linage. It's a main source of contention between the characters.

>Brienne chapters
>not top-tier worldbuilding and an explicit reveal that, for a feminist, GRRM is thoroughly redpilled

Youre a brainlet. Similar events have literally happened in real life. Martin takes the care to flesh out the motivations of each character, especially of Renly. Renly is the real tragedy. The biggest retarded thing was how ARYA didnt use her three deaths to kill tywin joffrey and cersei, and she even addresses herself how retarded she is. Are you only referring to the show or the books? Because in the books everything is fleshed out much better in the books.

They only started talking about it when Sansa snitched

>They were morn concerned with the army of the living dead to question why Jon could ride the dragon.
That's fucking retarded. Jon being a Targaryen was supposed to be a fucking weapon, but EVERYBODY from Westeros would have wondered why he was able to ride a dragon. Everybody. Varys, Tyrion, Jaime, Brienne, Sansa, Arya, Davos, Royce, etc., should have all been asking questions.

Jon being a Targaryen only existed to drive Dany mad, because marriage suddenly stopped existing in season 8.

Was a fairly good breakdown but she couldn't help bleeding her victim complex into the narrative.
>WE CAN'T HAVE A STRONG WOMAN RULER REEEEEE
>SANSA ENDED UP AS ONE BUT ONLY AFTER BECOMING AN EMOTIONLESS CUNT BECAUSE THAT'S ALL MEN KNOW HOW TO WRITE SO IT DOESN'T COUNT REEEEEE

Attached: 1490835596655.png (216x198, 11K)

Women all have victim complexes and thats why women cant be good rulers. Theyll do things to provoke other leaders to conquer them (ie start shit)

Lannisters are Rothschilds

This. Dorne was independent for thousands of Years and the Iron Islands just fought a literal War their Independence. Both are just as culturally different to the Rest of Westeros as tha Norf is and all of them pretty much had to endure the same shit throughout the Wars.

I get it, you hate women, but this conversation is about one youtube cunt, no need to share your worldview on the opposite sex which you clearly know so much about.

>Jon being a Targaryen only existed to drive Dany mad
That's what i said
>because marriage suddenly stopped existing in season 8.
She wanted to get married

Source ?

DUDE REMEMBER THE 10s?

At least the Starks weren't brownwashed.

Attached: not our nynaeve.png (694x462, 346K)

Does this fucking autistic retard ever address the fucking impossibly wonky seasons in GRRM's worldbuilding or does he just gloss over it and pretend like it doesn't utterly throw every bit of extrapolation and reasoning out the window since you're inevitably going to have to resort to "magic did it" anyway?

Nobody never mentioned marriage
>she's too strong for him
lmao

Attached: 1564084406823.webm (1024x576, 2.86M)

>She wanted to get married
Oh, you mean when she talked about being "together" AFTER she murdered a million people, when it didn't matter anymore? Saying "we do this together" is not a marriage contract, first of all. It's not an announcement to the people. Daenerys wanted to marry Jon? Of course, she did. Did anybody else fucking care? No. Varys was used as D&D's mouthpiece to explain why marriage wouldn't work (for bullshit reasons), and nobody ever suggested to Jon and Dany to marry. It was pure plot contrivance.

Kek. Gave me Flashbacks of that absolutely horrid Sandsnake subplot

Yikes. Have sex you incels

S7 Jon was alpha as fuck, what have they done to my boy

Attached: 1552015043101.jpg (600x703, 42K)

i disagree. respectfully, of course

We actually don't know how much he told them nor how many fucks they gave

I'd wager that "kill NK, kill everyone he sired" was invented when D&D decided to leave the show and needed to pull a fast one. Otherwise we'd probably get more on NK. No way GRRM build him up for that garbage.

>show ends after 3 seasons

Attached: aoc-barstool-3452.jpg (978x652, 66K)

Night King doesn't exist in the books and dragonfire probably works on White Walkers, too.

Cope Dabid, you're fucking trash

Attached: 1558830113652.jpg (1242x1595, 324K)

>Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to GRRM, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. Game of Thrones had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the land would prosper. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. GRRM can say that Bran became king and reigned for a hundred years, and he was wise and good. But GRRM doesn’t ask the question: What was Bran’s tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine? And what about all these Dothraki? By the end of the war, Danaerys is gone but all of the Dothraki aren’t gone – they’re in the Crownlands. Did Bran pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little baby Dothraki, in their little Dothraki cradles?

Attached: 1430743661126.jpg (563x300, 76K)

I dont hate women, i love them for what they are. But thats what they are

Saddles*

I think that's what many of the Normies who liked the ending get wrong. The point of the Criticism isn't that it's dumb to put the wisest man on earth on the highest Position on the Continent and give him a Counsel that is kinda good I guess, if you don't mind Bronn being memed into the Position. Objectively, you'd say that this is good idea, right ? It's the atrociously stupid Assumption that any of the Characters would actually act that way and throw away any logical Reasoning and cultural background and prefer a Cripple they've never seen, who claims to have magical Powers like some retarded Mummer and who's from a Family they were warring with not long ago over fucking Edmure Tully who's a well respected War Veteran and loved by the small Folk or the literally rightful King who's a living Legend. Or any other Cunt for that matter.

This. Dumbest thing about the spin-off is that it's going to explore NK, a character that was made a complete joke by Season 8. Who wants that? Also, such stunning lack of vision. if you are going to explore him then keep him around at the end of GOT. make him formidable. make him win, whatever just not that shit we got. Too late now.

amen

>over fucking Edmure Tully who's a well respected War Veteran and loved by the small Folk
Show Edmure was a fucking clown, completely different character.

I hope there is an alternate universe where Roose is Stannis' loyal bannerman.

Attached: 1555255877407.jpg (535x770, 118K)

>He sounds like he's about to die any moment.
well, i mean, he did shortly after

Either Missandei forgot about the butterfly fever or she wanted to dump the dickless Asshole but didn't know how

Not completely but I dont understand why they made his missed shot of the funeral pyre to make him look like a buffoon, when in the book he misses because hes grief stricken.

Character assassination. Many such cases.

If everyone gets killed by butterflies how did missandei get enslaved in the first place

>yfw A Dream of Spring is about edmure traveling back in time to kill bran, only to accidentally kill Jon as he tries to protect bran, causing the wildlings to successfully invade the north and essentially paving the way for the Others, resulting in the westeros age of apocalypse™, with Robb as the Others general

The moment they killed him was proof they didnt know what they were doing. It should have been that he sold his soul to the others to get the power he wanted, and in doing so unknowingly woke the others.

Season 5 was trash that people don't want to admit because of Hardhome. That one episode blinded everyone to what a nonsense it was. I do agree that S8 is the worst cause it sullied Hardhome retroactively. That episode was what made stakes high...until we got that dumb vampire fic trope about killing the sire = killing all sired and Arya's trampoline move. Fuck that shit. Fuck D&D, fuck Arya who I'm sure sucks them off, fuck them all.

in the book he missed because he was hungover

>The moment they killed him was proof they didnt know what they were doing.

they wanted a Yass Sister Queens Slay moment. That's why the show won't be remembered. when you pander to meme crowd, your show will have longevity til the next meme.