I've watched this movie 4 times now, bros

Gosh, its just SO GOOD!

Attached: into Zim's Florpus.png (400x527, 185K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=189gSbEkaeg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I want to fuck zim right in his florpus hole

I thought the art style would throw me off, but it was great. Gaz a cute!

Is it as good as the show was? That shit was seminal for me

from a person who only saw bits and pieces of the show I would say better.

Does Girr become Girrl?

It's a good imitation but it's missing the soul. Not enough anticaptialist messages.

I thought it was good but I dont like the new art style. I liked the griddy look of the old show.

Its the opposite with rock cause I loved the art byt hated everything else.

I'd say some of the humor has changed but in a good way.

It looks like it's using the same art style they were going with the comics.

It was the best reboot of an old show I liked so far. Closure for a show that had such an abrupt ending.
plus the Tallest get BTFO and are dead(?)

The voice acting and humor was on point. There was decent action but the original had much better action stuff. This is the original creator's vision so it's almost purer in some ways than the show. Definitely worth it for a fan, they don't pull any bullshit

DOOOOOOO NOT TRY TO COMPREHEND OP'S PEOPLE, DIB

What are the chances of it coming back.

Attached: 63a9d77.png (4000x1200, 194K)

They brightened it up because it's a special, maybe? Was Rikki even part of the art team anymore? I just saw his name as a voice of GIR.

100%. Jhonen is always up for a nice paycheck, will take a few more years though and will be short lived

Nobody is as excited for the big Invader Zim special as I am.

It seems open for the show to continue but at the same time left the characters in a good place so if it's the end, that's okay too.

Wrong, me 7 years ago would beat you.

Is there any pozzed shit forced in like with everything else on Netflix?

>Transgender adolescents are far more likely to attempt suicide than teens whose identity matches what it says on their birth certificates, and trans male youth are especially at risk, a U.S. study suggests.
What the fuck, this came out of no where.

Attached: 1566017470368.jpg (236x483, 16K)

I want to go into Tak's ship and start jerking off and watch it get super disgusted.

Sneed

It's even in character for him to say this

painfully unfunny and long episode

No. Closest thing is Dib saying that exposing the threat of Aliens would make the Earth unite as one and stop fighting eachother.

Do you need to watch the show to enjoy the special? Are they connected in some way that you'd miss something if you didnt watch the original?

>the tallest would rather die than not go straight
The movie was very secretly redpilled

Attached: tallest.png (1920x1080, 2.68M)

Pretty funny. The only downside is the impermanence of anything that happens. Dib's dad still doesn't believe in aliens, even though the whole world saw the whole world teleport to another part of space, as well as temporarily being ruled by a little alien.

Then, after Zim kills the Tallest and everyone on their ship, he declares victory and goes home.

He didn't win.
Dib didn't win.
Nobody won.

It was just a regular episode that just-so-happened to be an hour long.

The only funny part was the meta-narrative that "Zim" has been in a toilet for 15 years, and in that time his fans, his watchers, just fused with their chairs waiting for him to come back out of that toilet.

Not too much

E1 & E20

Jhonen said any character development whatsoever is the antithesis of Zim. It’s a show about obsessive lunatics trapped in a loop driven by their own narcissistic insanity. The mere fact that Zim came closer than ever to succeeding and the Tallest being disposed of was enough for me to consider this a great series wrapup.

>all i had to do to make them oblige is charging them
the whole bracelet thing was fine

its just one storypart really but i´d recommend to watch the whole series anyways. its really good.

test

Everything you NEED to know is explained but certain things like Tak might be confusing.
Dib won because he got Membrane to say he respects him.

and that's a good thing

>I've been to the nations of Africa on the hunt for scientific discovery. What I found was quite enlightening. Did you know Dib, that on average subsaharan africans are 30 IQ points below whites?
What the fuck Vasquez you racist aztec prick

I was disappointed there was no Ms. Bitters but then I googled her VA and apparently she died a while back.

>I don't know, that sounds pretty racist Dad.
>Ho ho ho, son. Science sees no colors, only inferiorities.

they explain all that you need to know, but if you watch the show you get a "fuller experience" since you know these characters already

>the almighty tallest "die"

probably the one thing I didn't like about the movie

It's just a florpus hole. They just change dimensions.

They were sent to the place from Event Horizon.

no one's ever really gone

It was mediocre at best, a big letdown...Zim series is dead.

Gaz could have been more hostile. it didn't seem right, her showing concern for, well, anyone.

cmon, his dad is obviously playing dumb, he probably knew zim was an alien all along, just knew that anything that zim could do wouldnt be worse than what already happens normally
everyone on this show is beyond retarded minus dib and his family

Gaz always cared about her family, she always hated Dib for missing family functions (though I guess that was more for pizza)

please, dib and zim became ballony in one episode
there is no continuity

Or membrane doesn't care because Zim isn't a shark.

It was like a mediocre episode of the show

Why was it so tame compared to the series? I missed how grotesque and nihilistic it used to be

probably because it's still a nickelodeon production

Jhonen Vasquez grew out of his edgy phase unfortunately.

To be fair to the special, the series isn't always Dark Harvest.

So how about Gir literally shooting a dog up into space

Also yeah the special was really nice

There were a couple of scenes (the tallest, fight scenes near the end, etc) where the animation was atrocious calarts tweening bullshit, but overall it wasn't a bad reboot

Professor Membrane is the best character in the show.

Attached: I NEVER HIRED ANY OF YOU.webm (720x480, 2.82M)

Attached: 1565528907624.jpg (454x520, 32K)

>nothing about any cringey political commentary
There wasn't any, then? Nice.

>no heavy political and social commentary
>on a show people actually liked and remembered
>respects what made the original show so good
>actually fun to watch

Rockos modern life BTFO

Why are they so round? It's like I'm watching power puff girls!
Thanks for the heads up OP.

>Why are they so round? It's like I'm watching power puff girls!

that´s western animation in a nutshell

I can't believe his shark friends betrayed him and ate his arms. But robot arms are cool too

i want to fuck gaz

It wasn't really political commentary, just a slight nod to Apple products and consumer drones. I mean the series has always been "look how disgusting the future is even though they have all this amazing technology" so I thought it was fine.

I moreover meant the recent inflammatory retardation rather than traditional political commentary.
I suppose I should've known it was fine since there would've been 12 Zim threads in the catalogue if it had happened.

Was it, dare I say it, kino?

Attached: 59CC1738-CB72-4B67-881A-20586ABE9476.jpg (750x415, 104K)

PEACE IS NICE
PEACE IS NICE
PEACE IS BETTER THAN
CHICKEN AND RICE
HAHAHAHAHAHA *holds up spork*

Attached: Meg Ryan laughing.gif (340x149, 454K)

pure unfiltered red-dit

its infectious and fun.

how come revisiting this series was so fun, but when i try to watch new stuff like Steven Universe or Adventure Time it feels so boring and underwhelming?

because this was a story with a beginning, middle, and end, all in one hour, and I assume those other shows are just treading water endlessly for seasons.

I watched this show back when I was like, 5, and didn't know English yet, so I'm used to my dub and can't get used to how Zim sounds in English

I'm really sad they didn't do a proper intro to the movie using the opening theme from the show, I mean, come on, it's fucking sweet.

remember, he talked this down from a full series reboot to a 6 episode miniseries, and then finally to a single movie.
There's a reason the show got canceled, and that's because he's a lazy motherfucker.

why is the animation style so bubbly? I loved the original style

oh God so many memories when i hear the word baloney

Attached: make_it_stop.jpg (545x362, 32K)

because those are poorly drawn soi cartoons with no soul whatsoever.

I think it got cancelled because of horrible ratings

My only real complaint. It's not too bad after you're used to it though.

ITT: Netflix shilling it's soulless reboot/revival/special/whatever.

I love how J.V ignored that dumb baited anti capitalistic question in the polygon interview.

They're alive in hell

>it is

It actually had really good ratings, but only with older kids and young adults. It wasn't bad ratings, it was misplaced ratings.
And before retards come out and say that's a dumb reason to cancel it, remember that all the advertisements are geared toward actual children, and money hinges upon this fact.

>not Professor Membrane
Fucking pleb tastes.

Attached: EBQFrUfU0AAQDyT.jpg (1200x1200, 169K)

>watching cartoons
????

No but he does try to transition into a pizza.

Could the Gems even compete with the Irken Empire?

Yeah actually you're right, I think. Either way it wasn't a lazy artist situation like with John K, Vasquez is just sheepish about doing TV after everything that happened with Invader Zim.

An empire running scare on resources VS an empire so flush with resources it is able to make a planet into a food court.

Downvoted and reported.

I was worried after rocko but this was based

youtube.com/watch?v=189gSbEkaeg

not to mention constantly being harassed by teenage girls and "goffs" whenever he so much as leaves his house to buy groceries.

with all the hype surrounding the show i thought this was going to be good
it was fucking trash
It's worse than fucking Rick and morty

It's a heavily watered down version in terms of humor and overall writing. Dib is the only character in the movie that actually felt like they did in the show while everyone else was out of character. The voice acting is also not as good (probably because the actors haven't done these voices in a long time). The animation feels more like something made in flash and posted onto newgrounds with plenty of tweening too. They put in more effort to blend the cgi into the rest of the 2d world, but it comes out not looking as good despite the cgi in the original show being from over a decade ago.

Quality reboot. Its crazy how much it hasnt missed a beat

I tried to watch it but I just couldn't get through it

Why are the sharks friends with these children but not Membrane?

what really really pisses me off is that the creator of invader zim had a 2 hour movie planned like 12 years ago where Dib actually takes one of Zim's ships and tries to destroy Zim's own planet
there were talks of the movie having dib be the invader and going against the tall ones, they were going to call it invader Dib.

what the fuck happened to that project? what happened to the two hour long big battle movie? thats what i wanted to see all these years
this movie is like a shitty episode of the show where nothing big happens. what a fucking hack. i fucking hate the creator of this show, he cancelled season 4 back then because he got pissed at the studio for not doing everything he wanted. what a piece of shit

I'm usually the guy who has to come in and inform people that. Good job!

no, besides Invader zim, Johen Vasquez has not done anything.
Cartoon network try to get him to do a show, he passed on it, the invader zim comic is made by other people with his ideas,
disney tried to do a new show with him but after one pilot episode they passed on it because he didnt deliver on time. he takes years to do a single thing
HE IS A LAZY ASSHOLE..... he could have had shows on both cartoon network and disney. his laziness prevented anything from happening

the opposite happens to me. cartoons like simpsons or zim or spongebob in spanish sound really awful

>Vasquez is just sheepish about doing TV after everything that happened with Invader Zim.
what happened?

his dream got crushed out from under him with less than a day's notice
fans took what he made and used it as the catalyst to ruin the subculture he once held dear
he gets harassed to this very day in public by retards holding up sporks in his general direction

Attached: jhonen had a hard life.png (442x175, 12K)

it captured everything it needed to with what time it had, animation quality gota little shoddy in places but it remained faithful nonetheless

also best line
>All this time trying to subjugate the humans, and all i had to do was charge them for it.

>his dream got crushed out from under him with less than a day's notice
>fans took what he made and used it as the catalyst to ruin the subculture he once held dear

wait, how did his dream get crushed? the cancellation?

how did fans ruin his goth culture

yes, the cancellation.

>how did invader zim fans ruin _______
I don't think that's a question that needs an explanation.
Kurt Cobain shot his face off for less than what Jhonen did.

wasnt cobain killed by his gf?
what reason did cobain had to do it in your opinion? the commercialization of his work?

i just want to say something that will make her smile.

>no, besides Invader zim, Johen Vasquez has not done anything.

yeah, hanging out for a cartoon based on Johnny the Homicidal Maniac.

or Filler Bunny. that'd be hilarious.

> PLEASE KILL ME

I mean, that's more or less what drove him (deeper) into his depression spiral marked with at least two suicide attempts.
I can't imagine what that must feel like, to know you singlehandedly ruined the thing you love, through no fault of your own. And to be constantly reminded of this every single day.
To know you serve as the messiah to leagues of irritating lolsorandumb teenage retards.

im not sure but i think cartoon network wanted a Johnny the Homicidal Maniac cartoon for adult swim

licking her sweaty cunt would do that

This was back when AS was actually a fun network to watch. Had the boston bombing scare not happened, there would have been a good chance JHM would have been made. Shit, Venture Bros creators are lazy sacs of shit

>consumer drones
Kinda funny how Gaz was supposed to be having family-time with the Clembot and Dib, but because of her gaming addiction she was sucked into her Game Slave 4.

Attached: 98457_382.jpg (502x286, 20K)

Kids today are vegans.

>tfw I was actually 11~12 when this premiered, and watched it religiously through the cancellation.
>there was literally no merch for this until years after it was cancelled.
>By that point I was too old/mature to want to buy or wear that shit.

I kinda want merch for it now. But there isn't a Hot Topic within a 200 mile radius. And there's nothing decent on ebay

hi every1 im new!!!!!!! *holds up spork* my name is katy but u can call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me ^_^… im 13 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! shes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!
DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're also forgetting(or won't mention, because it doesn't fit your narrative that he's lazy) a typical episode of Invader Zim costed around a million dollars, this was also the reason Futurama was initially canned because it was too expensive.

grow up

I have never watched any invader zim but I'll give this a shot.

>grow up

Attached: 1566023082578.jpg (1000x800, 128K)

i own this
i love it a lot

Attached: 14206_zimgironthepig_1525802231.jpg (1024x1024, 149K)

JV is a good comedy writer, but his misanthropy really bogged it down

there were a few episodes they were finishing before vasquez flipped out and cancelled the remaining episodes.
theres audio of at least 2 episodes

My cartoon viewing stopped somewhere around Samurai Jack or The Clone Wars (CG). I acknowledge that beyond that point, I'm no longer the intended audience.

>but his misanthropy really bogged it down
that was the charm of the show.
thats what made it good

any show could be silly and goofy, like adventure time.

>whats next for invader Xer

Attached: d5lop46-47f3fafb-bc60-488b-835f-a5aee7e37389.png (766x900, 312K)

>yellow eyes
Literally unfappable

i got u senpai

Attached: 821624_spicyirkens_invader-tak.png (1282x1601, 551K)

thanks I just came

lov u

Attached: 149560189-256-k254869.jpg (256x400, 20K)

This is the only merch I want from the show

Attached: 59AD4D81-D8D4-4788-95EB-3EF894E7A975.png (750x1334, 674K)

we have technology

Attached: best part of the movie.jpg (318x950, 135K)

cute

I even read it in his voice subconsciously.

Those shows focus too much on relationships and other female shit. They're soft baby padded crap. Even Spongebob is edgier than that shit.

Attached: 1321529904090.jpg (512x384, 68K)

I despise funk pops as a manchild who collects toys but even I have the Vivec one from Morrowind. I guess sometimes you take what you can get.

>Vivec one from Morrowind.
i own him too, dont even play the game i just loved him
only cost 3.99

Attached: FUN14819-ElderScrolls-Vivec.png (700x491, 45K)

I bought the Crow and Tom Servo Pops, just because Mystery Science Theater 3000 merch is practically non-existent.

i missed out on the crow, now he costs like 60 bucks....
fuck

thank god i at least have this

Attached: 41hyBSc8W1L.jpg (371x500, 20K)

So you think Netflix will make a series ?

remember, he talked this down from a full series reboot to a 6 episode miniseries, and then finally to a single movie.
There's a reason the show got canceled, and that's because he's a lazy motherfucker.

It was pretty much the Rick and Morty of its time, yeah.

Will they continue after this? I'd like a good finale

depends on ratings

It lacked zims true nemesis...the evil monkey so 9/10 almost kino

And what of good chihuahua?

Attached: Cu5yKOjWIAAVJNE.jpg (485x250, 18K)

You think they will revive the show

>Jhonen said any character development whatsoever is the antithesis of Zim.
There was character development in this movie. Just not plot development.

>open thread expecting everyone to berate OP for posting le penguin of doom cartoon and not being 16 anymore
>thread is just people praising it and having nostalgia
>remember this board is 85% redditors at this point
>and mostly 16 year olds
embarrassing

Jesus, I remember when people typed/talked like this. It was a simpler time.

Now every girl has a Instagram and dozens of pictures of her spread asshole on standby, ready to send them to any guy who shows interest.

There is no God.

Why reddit

Every single original series show is funnier and more stylish. But iz okay

>seminal

Nice

>it's a creator of an original and good piece of media is a prissy bitch who ultimately fucks it up for all their fans episode
I'm getting tired of these re-runs.

Attached: 1473598572078.gif (280x210, 1.5M)

They ruined Gaz

My sister enjoyed It and she never heard of the show

This was actually one of the biggest laughs for me. Really good visual humor throughout, like Prof Membrane assembling his holographic fork

>"There is no God."
>reddit spacing
Nobody cares, you melodramatic retard.

drives me nuts when creators/artists are so far up their own ass and such control freaks that they ruin the possibility of anything good. i'll never forgive trent reznor for throwing a hissy fit and canceling his collab CD with james maynard keenan

Kill yourself faggot

Why is he so thicc now?

Attached: Professor Membrane.png (457x443, 73K)

You'll notice the art has been simplified to save money. On the newer model, his legs are in line with the outside border of his jacket. Less crinkles or shadow deviation vs more symmetry/uniformity. It's calarts soulless trash infecting everything unfortunately.

What was his end game?

Attached: Minimoose.transparent.png (1000x800, 111K)

I'm not much of a sim fan. Growing up my favorite cartoon was ed edd n eddy and dexters lab. Zim was just okay for me.
But this was fucking great. I had to pause the movie a few times because I was laughing so hard. I really wish it was a show and not just a movie.

Attached: mjpc.gif (267x200, 366K)

The art was better than 90% of the cal arts shit these days but it's still missing the grittiness of the older cartoons

>yfw this part

Attached: HEAD.jpg (679x382, 45K)

read the fucking comic, all the models are based on that ones

Attached: 1565451492747.jpg (350x350, 29K)

Attached: 1524299579113.png (480x480, 15K)

>more rounded edges in one frame than in an entire original series episode

Attached: mitt laugh.jpg (710x473, 73K)

I like the new model, he looks more like a dad

4/10 gorilla marketing

>Fewer, more straight lines
>Flat shading that doesn't contour to the outfit
>No gadget and wire on his arm so the model is mirrored now
Cartoonist are so fucking lazy now.

Attached: 1513640571963.jpg (1024x282, 62K)

>modern cal art shit toons

Attached: Poochie.jpg (522x381, 20K)

why did trent get mad?

Mini moose is a great one in disguise

Attached: 1566096748324.gif (540x304, 1.63M)

biggest laugh of the movie imo