How would you survive The Road?

How would you survive The Road?

Attached: theroad.jpg (307x445, 44K)

I would narrate Kino for food

>"A TRIUMPH!"
but the kid dies

cannibalism for as long as i can.
stay away from brains. you can catch the human version of mad cow disease called 'kuru' that way

But most people would have very little muscle so you'd have to eat the brain to get nutrition, also the testicles

Is this the best post-apoc kino that isnt mad max?

Not really, the movie drags on forever and is kinda boring. They wasted the whole cannibal gang thingy by not showing any action scenes.

In the book a pregnant woman and the men she's traveling with eat her baby and they find the baby on a stake eaten like fish.

most anons here would become canibals.

wow

hey man, as long as i stay alive. i'd still rather not eat the brains

>glasses
>flat feet
>constantly thirsty
>ears produce ton of wax
>bad back can’t sleep on ground

I’d just kys myself

the cannibals leaving the skeleton untouched was unrealistic. trve cannibals would've scooped out the marrow

kino

even extremely skinny people got tens of thousands of calories on them. you could probably survive for weeks on one person alone.

>let's put all the major scenes together so it can be intense like an action movie
I hated this adaptation

Kill myself Immediately

Suck a ton of cock.

I would have stayed in that fucking bunker. Shit was an absolute gold mine.

Poorly

Why didn't they stay again?

pretty dumb reason
>Further down the road, the man and boy discover an underground shelter full of canned food and supplies. They feast and bathe. When they hear noises above, including a dog, he decides it is too dangerous to remain.

Doesn't the guy have like 4 bullets in this? I've got like 800 rounds under my nightstand. Stocked up on mags too after that based judge made the injunction

reported for being a potential terrorist/mall shooter/whetever americans are nowdays.
take your opioids, drink some fluoride water and eat a corn syroup drink my dude, but stay fit enough to fight in overseas wars for Israel

>movie drags on forever and is kinda boring
Low iq detected

pretty fucking stupid and flies in the face of all empirical evidence for humans
There were less than 10-300 humans left in europe during the beginning of the most recent ice age, shit was hard but 2 million years of evolution didn't vanish into "let's eat 2000 calories of babies" in exchange for their species future

>eat a drink
So this is the power of European education

meant to say eat a burger, got a brain fart from communicating with a mutt

I guess McCarthy romantically focuses on what's worst in people? I've only read and watched this and No Country For Old Men and both have that kinda vibe.

why bother

NCFOM did a pretty good job of capturing the reality that random shit is constantly happening and no one really has any idea what's going on, and then we tie neat little bows on things and just move on
I don't know what I was supposed to take away from the road
I know for a fact societies would just regress back into more manageable clam models though, so the wandering pairs of two-five and occasional 20 doesn't really make sense

Meme anthropology

Why would I want to?

>human version of mad cow disease
that's creutzfeldt–jakob

you dont know shit you little faggot.

no it's not, that's when you adopt traits from others after receiving organ (or some other implant) from them you meatball head

I'd probably be long dead even before the great fires.

I use the kid to relieve my desires, nobody can say anything

look it up yourself you retarded fuck reddit nigger, every time one of you little poofs tries to educate people you just reveal your own ignorance.

Attached: 1552781182008.jpg (1242x728, 429K)

Type 1 diabetic here.
I wouldn't, much less any semi apocalyptic event that would only last a few Years.
Shit makes me mad. I wanna live in comfy post apocalyptic world

thank you newfag Yea Forumsery cool of you

as opposed to meme "dude just trust me lmao"

look it up yourself you fucking faggot. i specified how kuru could be acquired while creutzfeldt–jakob could be acquired differently. not necessarily different results, but different causes.

what happens to the wife in the books?

Maybe it was stillborn and they figured out it might be what to do in that situation ?

>"let's eat 2000 calories of babies" in exchange for their species future

Both the book and movie made it reasonably clear that they had no future. Like survival of humanity beyond maybe one more generation was not an option anyone seriously considered.

bout tree fiddy

The kid is born after the apocalypse has occurred. They have been living in it for years before the wife leaves and they go out on the road.

hot

>creutzfeldt–jakob
no he's right, and you're wrong.

You get vitamins from the organs but it’s like dude how hard is it to not eat the brain when you know it’ll fuck you up

dumb fuck zoomer

Go find my Dad. He’s a doomsday prep guy.

It's not just the brain. I hear eating nerve ends can cause it too.

why was the post you responded to deleted?

Also, women got themselves pregnant willingly only so that they could give birth and eat their own babies. Sounds kinda stupid, as being pregnant for 9 months would consume far more calories than what you would get from eating a baby.

I don't remember, but don't they find some small flowers near the end of the book, suggesting that nature is slowly and steadily recovering itself? And that life may return to the planet eventually?

very bleak, what was wrong with the world again? little radiation poisoning never hurt no one

sell the boy

For what? The only currency left in the world is human meat.

Walk south when it becomes apparent day fucking 1 that you can't grow food anymore.

red is me
green is the responder

Attached: Capture.png (2264x695, 184K)

You cried to a tranny janny because someone called you a reddit nigger? fucking faggot.

I know it's been a while but still, I don't think resources would be quite that limited

You can trade candles made from ear wax.

no, i am right and they are wrong. i called them out on it with their own argument and they took their beef curtains to droop on someone else that probably wouldn't call them out on being wrong you double nigger.

other people have called you out for being wrong and you thinking youre right doesn't explain why it was deleted.

idk why, maybe they felt bad for actually being in the wrong

Both with the movie and the book I felt bad for the old blind dude. I just hope he died in his sleep rather of starvation or being eaten by cannibals in some random shack.

This movie was such a waste of time.

It takes place in a world where everything is dying, even the plants. Their is almost no food left

Don't be. Become a mad scientist and harvest insulin from other survivors bodies.

t. cumbrain with ADHD

It does upset the feminised 90s born queers and little zoom zooms

Why south? What the idea behind that?

I wouldnt, I can barely coax myself to keep going as it is

join the winning team

Attached: Road_truckGang_1.jpg (1200x680, 84K)

>In a moment, the world changed forever.

Kinda weird to use that as your marketing line when it's not explained, you don't know what the cause of the collapse/apocalypse actually was

Attached: enab.jpg (569x802, 43K)

I think it was 10 to 30,000 "base pairs" which translates to 20,000-60,000 people.

It was never directly stated but implied (from interviews and some events in the story) that it was climate change due to something like Yellowstone blowing. The idea is again that everything is dead and dying and there is no real hope.

It was the timeline where Hillary won

>he hasn't seen this movie

Attached: 1518907540319.gif (360x240, 1.99M)

>earn an excessive salary
>put some of that to use building a hidey-hole bunker in the middle of goddamned nowhere
>stock with enough non-perishables to last for years, some sustainable food sources
>stock up on some books that kinos were based on
>stay comfy for decades down there patiently awaiting the sweet release of a natural death
Not that different from now really

Attached: 1558049884410.jpg (720x539, 46K)

>implying they aren't going to eat the kid.

I imagine rape would be common and birth control wouldn't in that post apocalyptic world

yellowstone, it was all ogre (for people at least). i'd imagine other stuff would come back slowly.

Based economical user

“A long shear of light, followed by a series of low concussions.” I always figured it was an asteroid based on that line, don’t know where others are getting Yellowstone from.

From an interview with the author where he hinted that he was inspired by hearing about what would happen if Yellowstone blew up. But he was being purposefully vague about what it really was.

Rape.

It's warmer. You can sustain a lower metabolism for longer because you burn more energy trying to stay warm than trying to cool down.

I don't specifically mean to survive but in such a situation you can bet habitual users of words like "based" who *had* planned to survive would be gravely disappointed.

I know that's cited but weren't they planning on making it south or to the coast to try and find civilization or some shit?

I haven't read the book or watched the movie in a minute but I thought there was a better reason for why they left. Also, knowing that your position is made is also a pretty good fucking reason too, if you and your kid are sleeping they could totally take you out.

How the fuck did a blind elderly dude even make it so many years with no problems? You would assume they would have robbed, raped and killed that dude as soon as the civil disorder started.

Isn't the cause of everything dying literally ash destroying the environment? That pretty much narrows it down to the Yellowstone or an asteroid. I can't recall the facts but if the Yellowstone erupted I'm not sure if would affect just the Americas or the world entirely. Either way we'd be pretty fucked.

I think an asteroid or Yellowstone are the likeliest candidates, but I think the author was going with the explosion causing both massive amounts of ash and of course climate change that kills everything (or nearly everything), like what happened with the dinosaurs.

Yellowstone erupting would be an apocalypse-tier happening for all of humanity. North America would be immediately fucked, but the rest of the world would slowly starve to death since all the ash in the atmosphere would mean no summers for years so good luck growing anything.

The asteroid hit yellowstone

There's a line somewhere towards the end where the snow piles up on some dead trees in a forest and all the trees and branches collapse under the weight and the whole forest comes crashing down.
From an estimate, the catastrophic event in the book took place less than 15 years before the events. Would 15 years of little to no sun really kill a whole forest that way?

Some family of mine lived near a volcano that was active for 2 years, lots of forest around there and not many trees died. You could sail 50 meters from a lakes shore and the surface would still be full of ash though.

Committed suicide before the events of the novel.

>strips a black guy naked in the cold and takes all of his shit
>kills a nigga who had a bow with his flare gun 5 minutes later
Based. Why did he leave his kid in a tent on a fucking beach where anybody passing by can see though? The father made some really dumb decisions in the whole ordeal.

This.

Why a family would eat the kid?

>the potato NASCAR demographic post
the movie shows the collapse of all life just a little further than the book. In the book reavers still had catamites in chains. Once the calorie deficit creeps up, there's no sex slaves, or slaves of any kind, they all go into the pot.

The bit this pinhead can't see is the way the whole movie is a buildup to the scene where the guy is dying on the beach at night and doing that thing with his eyebrows where you frown and raise them at the same time. It's the expression of profoundest concern. There's no lines, he's just looking up at the camera, lit by fire. It's up to the viewer to one day get that he's worried if he's done enough to prepare his son, he knows he's on the way out, he wonders if it was even worth bothering. It's a plank of wood across your face if you have a heart at all. The quiet coda afterwards leaves us certain of nothing.

Fucken action scenes, jesus christ.

lol.

A cave in France had a stack of bones with infant bones in it. It wasn't a ritual burial, it was a midden. The bones had been broken and scratches on them show where sharp stones had flensed the meat away.

So you're wrong. A strength of humans is that they will eat anything to stay alive. Rats and other mammals won't cannibalize even under pressure, nowhere near as much as people do.

Because they were hungry you retarded faggot.

>i have never been hungry, the post

No, it was a war spasm, the sea smelling of iodine is a sign that advanced weapons were deployed to destroy all life down to the bacteria level. In the movie all running water is yellowish. You could drink it, but it'll never get cultures in it to support a food chain.

they would just eat you

The boy is insanely handsome.

Kill yourself faggot scum

mccarthy confirmed theyre not eating the kid

Just finished Blood Meridian. Are all you Cormacfags the same people? What the fuck is wrong with you? No seriously, what the FUCK is wrong with you

gay

Brainlet post here. Would a yellowstone event really make humanity extinct. Would we not have a way of removing the Ash from the atmosphere, even if we didn't we have started growing food in buildings under uv light so we could still get food, albeit it would sustain a vastly reduced population.

Literally kill myself
>implying I could survive

It would really, really, fuck our shit up, there would be pockets where rich/elites continue in relative comfort.

Read Suttree next.

Do you have a good narrating voice?

rape gangs

I doubt any of those elite bunkers have fuel/food supplies that would last 5+ years

I doubt you have any clue whats out there user.

Most of them wouldn't even make it to the bunker with flights cancelled from the ash. You think Zucc or Bezos spend any significant amount of time in their bunker complex deep in rural Australia, and not NYC/London? lmao

Im not talking about your meme celebrities zoomer faggot

probably wouldn't tbqdesu

>How would you survive The Road?
I'd make lampshades out of and until I get killed by someone less drunk.

Stay in the bunker

Would cheetos stay crunchy after all those years?

Attached: The-Road-1024x433.jpg (1024x433, 55K)

>no more normies
shitposting more than ever

Attached: 1564780363653s.jpg (250x241, 6K)

Trade coca cola.

>be in the hunting team
>be the weakest
>know you'll be the first one cooked if you don't find any prey
>have to live with that fear
I would rather kill myself desu

Rats cannibalise all the time. A lot of other mammals do although it's usually as a result of food deprivation thank god.

I read the book. it was kino as fuck. How's the movie?

>all those years
The movie takes place pretty recently after whatever event destroyed the planet.

check out siege of stalingrad, also that's not comparable, there is plenty of food for humans to eat in the past

form your own opinion faggot

>lol spend two hours of your lifetime to watch something you might even hate.

>I don't know what I was supposed to take away from the road

It's gay love-letter to his son about all the things he would do for him. This is why the film makes literally no sense. It is a vague environmental catastrophe because he wrote the book when the Gulf got BP'd.

Fuckin waste of quads...

Find a gun,
Realise it isnt a fucking movie and that humans dont actually turn into the monsters that every apocalypse show portrays them to with stupid groups that dont make sense and would perpetually eradicate themselves anyway, .
group together with other terrified survivors and recreate society the best we can together, uniting as basic humans, seeing that all the petty hate, quarrels and bullshit of the old world dont matter anymore.
Finding a solid building to occupy, probably a hospital, gathering all the food we can, utilising everyones skills and hunting to gather fresh meat to surive the first 5 or so years untill things start to clear up, then begin to reuse agriculture and slowly restart civilisation again.
Yeah, all memes aside, there wouldnt be canibal groups, marauders, Negans, or the like, and certainly not for longer than a year or so before a decent group got sick of them and killed them all.

I don't know why I bother with this reply, since you clearly didn't understand you're supposed to take The Road's version of the state of the world instead of injecting your own vision of what the apocalypse would be like.

You're thinking lots of people remained to make groups a possibility, like in TWD. I don't recall if 99.99% of humanity dies (I don't think it's explained) or if they just migrated south (unlikely).
The couple survive the event because they're far from everything. If there were evacuations, they were forced to stay in their home because the woman got pregnant. So Viggo and the kid got a very late start.
>reuse agriculture
There's literally no sunlight.

Wonder if women would still be extremely picky and even though they need to breed for the new society they would still reject the men in the tribe

Well, if its based on The Road world alone, Id stay in that fucking bunker.

When its reduced to such a small number it wouldnt matter anymore, it would become basic instincts of who provides, the whole dating, relationship, attraction, he makes me laugh wouldnt be so important anymore.
The human desire for comfort would drive them to the nearest male they could find for safety and security,...
Even the ultra feminists would seek out men for safety.
, but it would probably take a year or so for the less promiscuous ones to settle and actually want to fuck anymore.
Not that you would really want to be getting preggers and trying to repopulate the world in the first few years anyway, would want to wait a little bit to actually make sure the world is on the improve.

no, the kid is born after the world is destroyed, he's at least 10 when they find the bunker

Plebs.

Attached: fuck furiosa.jpg (1400x1148, 498K)

>Also, women got themselves pregnant willingly only so that they could give birth and eat their own babies. Sounds kinda stupid, as being pregnant for 9 months would consume far more calories than what you would get from eating a baby.
She didn't intentionally get pregnant to spawn-camp her own baby, genius.

She got pregnant through rape, stayed pregnant as long as she could, but since they weren't getting enough food she miscarried and they ate the baby because they were desperate for food.

How do brainlets not understand this simple concept

>There were less than 10-300 humans left in europe during the beginning of the most recent ice age
Fucking reddit and their meme science "facts". Jesus Christ I hate you mongoloid faggots.

Why doesn’t Nat Geo have that show anymore? It was total kino

Why didn’t they eat each other?

they ate that guy viggo shot

>rats don’t cannibalise

Attached: 4F02434F-7AED-41FA-A4B5-DA0C9D1D4434.gif (480x287, 1.21M)

There was an article on elite preppers with bugout in New Zealand. The hardest part is to get there when the apocalypse is happening.

I don't think I would survive that
I'm not sure I would want to survive that

Attached: 1564637534238.jpg (1440x805, 93K)

Blood Meridian, NCFOM and Road are some of the most savagely bleak and violent books I've ever read. I wonder what kind of guy McCarthy is in person.

If you haven't watched the film yet then don't. Read the book first.

I feel a lot of the tense and shocking moments of the book were lost because i'd alread seen the film.

Also, I'd survive until a gang caught up with me, then kill myself. I'm not being eaten or getting my boipucci fucked.

Do Blood Meridian and the Road also have dialogue written into the main text? Why the fuck would anyone do that?

Would replicate every step on the dr stone manga except for the not killing people policy
Killing rednecks with drones sounds fun

>human version of mad cow disease
Least of your worries in that scenario, I'd say.
Probability of dying by starvation > probability of contracting extremely rare disease.

Because it's literary kino.

Also CM has a very thick and lyrical style. It's a mix between biblical verse and Faulkner's stream-of-consciousness Southern Gothic. Not emphasizing speech just ads to the eldritch and meditative atmosphere.

So that’s a yes?

He has two bullets, and that's one of the reasons why his wife is angry at him before she leaves to commit suicide - that he didn't save three bullets so they could all kill themselves cleanly.

>boipucci
gay cunt

>Doesn't the guy have like 4 bullets in this? I've got like 800 rounds under my nightstand. Stocked up on mags too after that based judge made the injunction
How many rounds will you have left after 15 years of no agriculture or animal life?

Attached: BE87395E29744FF1B2352D12D5BA1F80.jpg (500x1033, 73K)

Why should they care about the species' future? A lot of people don't. I don't.
Nothing of what happens once I'm dead is of my concern.

You can get it from eating any part of human, it's just more likely from the brain.

I would find a motorcycle, some assless chaps and a wasteland twink.

Attached: herdcore.png (904x689, 530K)

christ, i need to read blood meridian

Also stay away from the liver and kidneys, People who have been inked taste bad

Kill yourself faggot

Bone marrow is decent eating.

Shrek intensifies

Suttree is such a comfy book. It’s really refreshing because all of McCarthys books are so constantly brutal that it almost seems quaint in comparison. It’s also semi-autobiographical and makes all of his other books make more sense when you know the kind of life he’s lead

I don't know man. When shit actually kicks off girls latch on to the first dude they could find to grab them and protect them. I got to imagine it must've been a lot easier to score pussy in the past.

I would live under the sea in a self sustaining bio-dome powered by a volcanic vent.