What are some good Lovecraftian movies?

What are some good Lovecraftian movies?

Attached: lovecraft2.jpg (510x649, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u0lRP-00BgI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What was his cat called again?

Attached: 1531798905784.jpg (334x506, 42K)

Not really that good but has clear Lovecraft influences and some of the shots near the end are great.

Attached: annihilation.jpg (342x430, 39K)

>stalker for girls
Nah

>nigger-man

would he be posting on Yea Forums in the 21st century if he was alive

Person-of-color individual.

Mothman Prophecies is the only one even approaching true cosmic horror. Nothing else does, nothing. Especially nothing by Stuart Gordon, or that nostalgia bait trash The Void.

"Dagon" is absolutely based.

I liked Banshee Chapter

yikes

I took leave of my father's decrepit farmhouse in my modest Guatemalan automobile, making reasonable pace across a landscape bereft of anything resembling what I had come to know as modernity. I eventually reached the general store, a flimsy wooden structure that emitted a dark cloud of smoke from a narrow chimney. Two locals sat outside in the midday sun, accomplishing nothing and seemingly content in their doing so. Their bestial stupidity, likely the result of generations of inbreeding and race-mixing, was apparent in both their appearance and vocabulary.

My eyes were immediately drawn towards the words emblazoned above the door. These words perplexed me in such a manner that defy ordinary description. I shall not repeat them here, for I fear that anyone who stumbles upon this tome will meet the same fate as I should they read them.

I have not slept in weeks, as I have tried in increasing desperation to decipher the true meaning of that inscription. I fear that it is pointless. The fate of this city slicker is sealed.

Attached: Lovecraft.jpg (512x628, 67K)

Idris Elba

>Chuck's Feed and Seed spotted
Nice attempt, though.

>Sneed's Feed and Seed, formerly Chuck's

die farbe a low budget movie from 2008
youtube.com/watch?v=u0lRP-00BgI

Black Site

My favorite, as well.

Attached: Dagon 2.jpg (656x368, 33K)

>omg bro these tentacles and fish people are so incomprehensible bro im going mad!

to be fair he seemed to be able to comprehend the fish people, it's the n*ggers he had trouble with

The Resurrected by Dan O’bannon. I have never seen it mentioned in lovecraft threads.

Attached: 939D3C14-53BB-4EE0-98B9-F7114844B9C6.jpg (315x445, 32K)

One of a bare handful of tolerable adaptations, Chris Sarandon is actually pretty good in it.

Yeah it's pretty sad that's what popular perception of Lovecraftian horror has been reduced to.

Eh, I liked The Void well enough. Not great, but I was entertained by it.

mouth of madness . DO YOU READ SUTTER KANE

One day you wake up and realize that the Lovecraftian horror that he concocted was merely the future.

This plus Fulci's zombies/hell trilogy.