Post another thread about a movie that is relatively known to world cinema fans to discuss it

>post another thread about a movie that is relatively known to world cinema fans to discuss it
>gets archived with no replies once again because this board cant watch anything that isnt in English (yet does nothing but bitch about English movies to begin with)

Why do I even try with this board. It's such a disappointment.

Attached: 1563789899475.png (416x331, 41K)

stop trying. you won't get any replies on this board unless your thread is about how much you hate women and minorities.

Oh I hate minorities too, but I can admit that foreign shitskins and chinks are generally better at filmmaking than most of the west.

no one gives a shit about the entry-level "classic" you feel smug about for watching for the first time, you brainlet

now go dilate

What was the kino?

what was the kino friend

Attached: 7913B5BC-3A9C-438D-8961-D6D1623552BE.jpg (439x439, 28K)

>not English
so is it a spaghetti western, Das Boot or pure shit?

Seven Samurai

please tell me you’re baiting, that isn’t even kurosawa’s best film and it’s painfully overrated

Attached: 210258D4-3B67-44C5-84CB-731EF659781D.png (314x278, 129K)

Dark Water

Hes not OP user. I'm OP and it was I wasnt trying to be pretentious like idiots like assumed. I just genuinely wanted to discuss what I thought was a pretty good movie.

>overrated
by fucking whomst've you cuntface

I liked it but I didn't love it. The fear of water and drowning just isn't as inherent in Western culture as it is in Japan.

I haven't seen it but funnily enough i bought the blu-ray of it today
I hope you will contribute to my Dark Water thread in the next few days

>shitskins
>chinks
>better at filmmaking than the west
"No!"
The only ones who are at par with the west in terms of filmmaking are based japs. All others either make shit or meme arthouse crap.

I didnt like it because it was scary. It wasnt scary at all. But I thought the movie really excelled at making you care about the mother-daughter relationship. It was a ironically a really heartwarming movie to me.
Enjoy it user its surprisingly very wholesome

>tfw literally noone on tv has seen Das Testament des Dr. Mabuse which is literally among the top 5 bestest films ever, ever.
oh well

oh but any hollywood crapfest lackluster deserves six gorillion threads? fuck you

oh, i’m sorry for assuming. the sad truth of this board is, as so many other people have said, it’s just not ideal for serious (or even consistent) film discussion. this is a board for television and film flavored shitposting, and even that’s generous; the majority of the threads on this board can be boiled down to
>op quotes extremely popular film
>anons reply with quotes from same
film
>thread dies
>rinse and repeat
i have tried countless times to generate honest film discussion here, as i’m sure many people have. it just doesn’t work. as for dark water, i thought it was great (obviously superior to the remake which i couldn’t even finish). i may watch it again because it’s been a while though, what stuck out to you about it?

Attached: 3DB0AC3C-0EE4-4021-AD27-AF4EB3E6936D.jpg (1024x576, 96K)

by lots of people, user. it’s obviously a great film, but most people put it in the same tier as movies like the godfather and citizen kane; they view it as a movie so ABSURDLY good, as a movie that RESHAPED FUCKING CINEMA FOREVER ZOMG!!!!!!!! and that’s just not the case. kurosawa’s “dreams” is far superior in every way imaginable

Yea Forums is a shitposting board retard

It's fine user. But the thing is, even if you go on equally cancerous boards like Yea Forums, you can mention a relatively unknown game, and someone (usually actually quite a few people) will still know the game and actually have some decent discussion about said game. That never happens with me on Yea Forums. Again, this isnt some "oh I know more about this medium than you" mindset. Its just frustrating when you go to a board about movies and nobody wants to participate in a discussion about a movie that's even a little bit more niche. If it's not Tarantino, Scorsese, or Nolan, you're not getting any replies on here. Which kinda sucks as a movie fan. And was generally what I thought of dark water. It just took me by surprise because I expected just another average jap horror film but it ended up being a really sweet/sad family movie.

Fuck off Yea Forumseddit cancer.

wait, are you suggesting that Citizen Kane or the Godfather AREN'T overrated as hell?
7 Samurai is way superior to both of them. And none of the three has reshaped cinema.

yeah either you totally misread what i said, or i phrased it a bit oddly. probably both. anyway, i was trying to say that all three are mind bogglingly overrated, to the point where any moron can spout them off in a film related discussion for brownie points.
>none of the three had reshaped cinema
that’s what i said. i said that people tend to INSINUATE that they have reshaped cinema

oh ok then. Yeah it kinda read like you were saying that Citizen Kane and Godfather actually were those kinds of films. I don't think any film after 1920 has in any way "reshaped" cinema. It's a gradual process.

i've seen it

Attached: mein_neger.jpg (600x606, 30K)

i know this board generally hates Godard, but Breathless has a case for popularizing the use of small, portable lightweight equipment for mid/low budget narrative filmmaking

It's the same reason Yea Forums talks about new anime and Yea Forums new video games. We've already discussed kubrick and kurosawa for the millionth time, tourist. Now fuck off and lurk more.

Attached: Black_Sabbath.png (480x602, 690K)

are these phoenix wright games worth playing through, bros?

>We've already discussed kubrick and kurosawa for the millionth time
lol welcome to Yea Forums, newfag

regardless, explain why Yea Forums mainly talks about 19th & 20th century lit then

fuck no, glorified VNs m8

>go onto an english language website
>attempt to discuss a movie that native english speakers do not know of or care about
>gets upset when they do not want to discuss it

because good books take decades of experience and time to write. also Yea Forums is the most normie-centric board after Yea Forums

The first few are ok, but everything after that is

Not him but
>We've already discussed kubrick and kurosawa for the millionth time, tourist. Now fuck off and lurk moar.
This is why Yea Forums is so shit. Theres more to movies than the same ten directors from the 20th century. How many times have random films like Pleasures of the Flesh or Under the Sun of Satan been discussed here? This isnt me being pretentious, but you're literally afraid to discuss different things because you'd rather particpate in capeshit threads. Nobody here cares about the medium. And when you do, you're called "muh reddit" for actually giving a fuck about the topic of this entire board. Yea Forums is literally more underage than Yea Forums and is beyond redemption at this point.

Attached: B_smaBHUwAA9ZRZ.jpg (457x381, 35K)

>DUDE why isn’t my thread about a foreign movie not getting posts LMAO

Dubs

Dude, it takes two hours to watch a movie and your thread dies in 10 minutes. I really don't understand what you're angry about. Do you expect everyone here to know about your obscure film? Yea Forums is a diverse board. Yes someone on here will have watched it, but there are literally thousands of films being made each year and you have watched less than 1% of them. Fuck you sperg

Dark water isnt an obscure film dude. That's why it's annoying.

It doesn't have Yea Forums appeal. Why does no one here listen to country music or read books of chivalry?

>a Japanese movie doesnt have Yea Forums appeal

Attached: wrrrquft74kz.jpg (320x320, 14K)

>make thread about movie
>dies with 3 replies
>make tread about rumors on some capeshit
>200 replies
fucking hate this shit

Attached: 1537665006522.png (808x1300, 383K)

Was it about cute girls mating with samurais? If it was, I will admit I have been wrong.

Yeah imageboards are useless trash. I wish other forums weren't Orwellian nightmares where people suck off mods for karma. There's probably a good community somewhere out their for discussing certain movies but it takes too much work to find it. You will have to be satisfied with just watching it. Maybe get a friend to watch it?

I’m perplexed as to how people who unironically enjoy capeshit found this place. where the fuck do they come from? Yea Forumseddit?

>make a shitty thread
>be surprised when no one responds
>make a shitty thread being mad about your shitty thread
>will get mad when I stop giving you free bumps
I gave your thread life and I will take it away. Piss off weeaboo