What is the "Greatest" Friday the 13th Film?

The FTT movies are very iconic, but at the same time, there isn't really a film critics or fans can point out as objectively good, unlike Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, or Scream. Is there one?

Attached: 71ANXDNCTML._SY445_.jpg (242x445, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2z7MDhHRgEE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

None of them are objectively good but all of them are actually kino.

Part IV feels the most polished of the bunch, like they actually tried to make a good one.

Part 2 is my personal favorite, but Part 4 is probably the best one.

And any Jason Lives fags who come across this thread can fucking hang.

Jason Lives is sorely lacking in the tiddies and gore departments. It's pretty good otherwise.

Also the characters sucked. Second worst final girl above only Jason's niece in Hell.

Part 6 is objectively the most well-made one and probably the only one that is actually good by the standards of kinography, but Part 5 is my favourite
>Oooohhh baby
>Oooooohhh baby

Absolute cringe, only a philistine does not like Part 6

This.

Jason Lives and The Final Chapter are both good. I do have a special place in my heart though for Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday despite everyone shitting on it.

Part 6 is the worst one of the good ones

This was the best opening of ALL TIME!
youtube.com/watch?v=2z7MDhHRgEE

Attached: F13TH-VIII.jpg (1210x901, 68K)

Unironically when Zombie Jason came to be. He was obviously dead & gone until Tommy sperged out & wanted to stab a corpse in a lightening storm.

Attached: rif5vNvtD1s1v3r1o3_500.gif (500x281, 2.08M)

Part 5 was bullshit. My mom took me to see Part 3 in the theatre so I'll always have a good opinion on it. Part 2 is the creepiest, Part 4 is the best.

I’ll tell you what the best Friday movie is, for a price. You willing to pay?

Attached: 06D48EC1-044F-4EC9-B560-30077B7A7B8A.jpg (1200x627, 153K)

Three way tie between 3, 4 and 6.

Part III is fucking awful. People only like it because it was the first appearance of the hockey mask. That movie drags on for what feels like an eternity and I typically skip it during a marathon.

x

Jason Lives. The most professionally made so it's not for those who prefer (intentionally) crappy and gritty exploitation but this one is for those who don't treat Jason too seriously. It's not a parody or anything but treats Jason as a proper 80s pop culture icon.

The kills are very memorable those are the only scenes that look even better today thanks to the gimmick.

Part two. Sequels are frequently the best in a series when it comes to the big slasher flicks.

Legit don't understand how you can feel that way. Part 3 was always my favorite, lots of memorable kills and characters.

Chris's wet blanket rape victim schtick isn't as fun to watch as Alice or Based Ginny.

Freddy vs Jason

yeah but it also helps that there was a never a super water mark. when halloween or even elm st get super retarded there is something a little sadder knowing they really should've just stopped at a certain point.

Critics don't know how to handle trash cinema. The initial tetralogy of 1-4 is the most conventionally enjoyable part of the series. While I like those movies, I'm personally fond of 8 and 9 for their sheer absurdity. 7 is easily the worst, people get drawn in by the premise but the bulk of the movie is a painfully dull slog. Jason X is pretty much a giant meme, which makes it peak art. I don't really have anything to say about 6, it's just a bland entry that doesn't do anything particularly interesting. 5 is probably the trashiest the series gets, which also means it's pretty good.

Part 3 definitely has the best theme

>fond of 9
>7 is easy the worst

Attached: disgusting.jpg (226x258, 9K)

>7 is easily the worst
7 was bad, but 5, 8, and especially X are worse.

>objectively good

Oh, boy.

Jason Takes Manhattan or Part 3

I even like Jason X

Attached: 65213075_178833836446753_7716579913213411328_n.jpg (683x854, 49K)

Final Girl Ranking (looks + personality + entertainment)

1. Ginny
2. Tina (beat still my heart)
3. Alice
4. Chris
5. Rennie
6. Pam
7. Lori
8. Rowan
9. Trish
10. Whitney
11. Megan
12. Jessica

Nah part 3 is the best because all the kills are elaborate to take advantage of the 3D gimmick

8 is underrated, if it had a different title people would like it more. It's just the blatant lie in the advertising and title that makes it feel like a missed opportunity

>Jason was on constant thot patrol & absolutely hated niggers.

Confirmed for our guy

Attached: MelKinn5.jpg (750x420, 60K)

all true. i love 7 but people do forget that it's a slog. the characters all suck. if Tina werent so goddamn cute and didnt trigger our "you must rescue the princess" instincts and if the jason makeup wasnt best-in-series, it would be easy to rank low--especially since it was neutered by the MPAA.

5 and X are fucking kino you turbopleb

See what I mean? When was the last time you even watched 7? Meanwhile, Jason Goes to Hell starts off with the cheesiest fucking B-movie shootout that ends with the FBI literally blowing up Jason, and it actually maintains that level and tone throughout. 7 can't decide whether it wants to be budget Carrie or just incredibly boring.

I've literally watched Jason Goes to Hell once in my life, and that was more than enough. I've seen part 7 probably 20 or more times.

666 confirms Jason Goes to Hell is kino.

It also has the best sex scene in the series...until the remake.

I agree, fuck 7, it's just knockoff Dream Warriors

Part 7 would be the best one if they didn’t cut every single kill.

8 was fucking boring to sit through and they stole the punching a dude's head off gag from Killer Klowns from Outer Space
X miserable to sit through. I should know, since some friends and I did it 3 weeks ago.
>When was the last time you even watched 7?
Like 4 weeks ago? I agree it is a bad movie and definitely one of the weaker in the franchise, but 5 was even more boring since Tommy just sits like a robot. 8 just doesn't feel like Jason to me.

5 is great. best characters after 4.

2 > 4 > 3 > 5 > remake > the rest

8 isn't boring at all, Jason on a Boat is kino

>they stole the punching a dude's head off gag from Killer Klowns from Outer Space
It's just proof of their good taste, and Julius' death scene is good in its own right.

I think Jason with the cloth mask works better than the hockey mask.

baghead jason is legitimately creepy.

>Ginny
>baghead
>Terri by the lake
>Wheelchad and his perfect kill scene
>That campfire story they used in like 3 other prologues
>Scott's shenanigans
>pitchfork kill (and that hot breasty girl under it)

So much greatness.

I think the creepiness of 2 is also elevated by Jason's shrine to his mother's decapitated head.

I really liked the remake, but 1,2 and 4 are my favs.

The remake.

You mean the disco theme that came out several years after disco died?

Yes, thematic of an undead monster.

I too have a soft spot for Part VIII and Rennie is best girl.

Attached: Rennie.jpg (383x467, 43K)

Still hot and she bought herself some nice big tiddies.

Attached: 13946811_gal.jpg (461x261, 21K)

a lot of the final girls still look bangin

who was in the wrong here?

Attached: chocolateautist.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

BASED CREIGHTON DUKE POSTER

those chocolate bars for being so yummy

Allegedly that fat retard molested Corey Haim IRL.

Part 1 is the only one that is actually scary and suspenseful. The rest are either schlock or unintentional comedies like part 4.

It's laughably bad in my opinion.
Remember the scene where a female hitchhiker gets killed and in the moment of her death she squeezes the banana she was eating so hard that it falls out of its skin?
It's fucking hilarious.

Not sure if I got the movies right but only reason I liked part 3 was when the fat joker randomly got killed. Other than that I didn’t care for it, and the whole 3d gimmick was annoying to watch

It's the worst part just due to how disappointing it is. They promise me a Jason movie set in NYC, while in reality it happens on a ship, with a measly 10 minutes in New York.

LOL. What's up with that shitty movie poster? Did they literally run out of budget money to market this shit?

Attached: maxresdefault (6).jpg (1280x720, 283K)

I bet you hate Halloween III as well.

It's allright. Why would you say that?

Jason X is like Alien if Alien was good

It looks like early CGI.

You sound like the type who would dismiss H3 because it doesn't have Michael Myers.

Oh, I understand. Both are cases of false advertising but H3 is actually good.

Some critics genuinely like FTT part 3 though.

Attached: Friday_the_13th_part_III_1982_HD_1080p_04.gif (320x180, 1.34M)

For me it's Ted White, the best Jason. Dude looks like he could still kick ass at 93 years old.

Attached: Ted_White_at_horror_convention_in_nashville_tn_april_2012.jpg (542x636, 89K)

The Final Chapter

4 > 5 > 6 > 2 > 1 > 8 > 7 > X > FVJ > 3 > 9 > Remake

6 > 4 > 2 > 9 > FvJ > 1 > 7 > 3 > 10 > Remake > 5 > 8

2=3>4>X>the rest

Attached: 1552341210162.jpg (1080x1080, 700K)

put this in a grid with screenshots and people might actually a shit

ok