Ash vs Evil Dead

Is this thing worth watching? I know it got cancelled on a cliff hanger but is there enough fun Raimi autism to get me through 3 seasons of it?

Attached: image.jpg (1344x1800, 1.34M)

Also is army of darkness as good as the original evil dead? Ive heard mixed things

I personally couldn't get into the show. The CGI really put me off and I didn't care for the new characters. I have mixed feelings about Army of Darkness. Most of the humor doesn't work for me like it did for Evil Dead II. It's also oddly tame compared to the first two movies.

Army of Darkness is a totally different thing. It's all camp, no gore, not creepy at all. I know Raimi and Campbell make fun of the first one about how low budget and "bad" it is but they at least tried to make a horror movie and I still think it's the best one. 2 started the whole tongue-in-cheek thing and AoD went overboard with it. Watch it if you want to see Ash fight skeleton puppets in a medieval castle, otherwise don't bother.

It does a fine job of continuing on with the lore created in the first 3 movies. I dropped off after season 2 and heard some unfortunate squabbling between the producers and show runners. I like the Evil Dead, it's fun, and this show has some real good moments.
As for Army of Darkness quality? All depends on the mood you're in. For the longest time I hated the Evil Dead sequels because of their comedic element. I felt it didn't belong but at the end of the day I've grown to enjoy the comedic elements. Army of Darkness goes a step further by merging comedic-horror with the adventure genre. Army of Darkness has a lot of creative sets, cool production and effects buuuuut for me, it's just a step too far from it's horror roots.
Which have you seen and what kind of genre do you feel like?

1>2>3
honestly dont even bother with season 3

no, they should have made a movie about ash fighting deadites in the future,like they originally planned, instead.

>oddly tame compared to the first two movies.
I politely disagree. It is a very different film, but but most exceptional in every regard.
Summarizes it pretty well. But I find every one of those descriptors to be a strength of the film.
If you like sword and sorcery it could be a new favorite. It is peak analog FX.

I thought the first season was great but I lost interest mid way through season 2.

Oh, I just meant in terms of the blood and gore. It's certainly full of creativity otherwise.

Watch the pilot at least since Raimi directed it, it feels like proper evil dead unlike the show which feels like a bunch of 25 year olds trying to copy raimis style -- which it is

The side characters are a little cringey but Bruce as Ash is just so godamn fun it doesn't even matter, that dude is always entertaining and never more so than as Ash.

Army of Darkness is easily the best of the movies though I'm a massive pussy that hates actual scary things

Best way to summarize

Like Horror
>Evil Dead
>Evil Dead 2
>Evil Dead Remake
>Evil Dead Show

Like Comedy
>Evil Dead 2
>Army of Darkness
>Evil Dead Show

Only the pilot is directed by Raimi,

Thanks for all the replies. I think i will watch the first episode and see how it goes

You should watch ERRYTHING with Bruce Campbell in it. He started his career in full blown self parody mode. BubbA Ho-Tep and My Name is Bruce are bulldada. (look it up)
Army of Darkness is funny as fuck.
He is a Shatner tier overactor.

I feel the show is the best of both worlds. The comedy is just right and the horror SURPRISINGLY good. It doesn't reach the original in terms of fear factor but it's an enjoyable watch. You go enjoy some Bruce Campbell

Bruce is fine, as you expect him to be, but his sidekicks are absolutely terrible; unfunny, socially retarded morons with no redeemable features and who take up way too much screen time. Couldn't make it through more than like half a season before they started grating on my nerves too much to put up with them anymore, even while skipping through most of the scenes with the idiots in them.

yes

its better than you think it would be

you're overselling it

Kelly's voice was pure sex tho

Watch Stan Against Evil instead.

Attached: IFC_Stan-Against-Evil_S2_3000x3837_v0231.jpg (3000x3837, 2.63M)

I wanna suck a jalapeno pepper out of her tiny little balloon knot

The black cop's tits were really distracting and yes you should watch it.

Watch both. However the show starts to dip towards the end of season 2 and season 3 isn’t that great because they pretty much had to rush the ending. But it still has good moments and is worth watching

she really was filthy and fine

i liked the show honestly

First season is a little iffy, but picks up near the end.
The show really finds itself in the two seasons after it. There's some fun shit in there.

Attached: ashes to ashes.gif (540x253, 1.71M)

Drops off a bit in season 3 but season 1 and 2 especially are absolute fucking KINOGRAPHY. Sound, Visuals, Characters, Humor and Music, all kino. I'd just change the Kelly character, she's hot and her voice is insane but her persona is just too much of a generic "badass girl" but Pablo is pretty cool and so are the new - that I won't spoil - characters (especially when Ash moves to a certain place). I wish Raimi had guided it 100% instead of just a bit here and there but hey, the guys that took over are very good and Raimi did a good job sifting out the best and letting them roll. All in all, I'd highly recommend a watch and I'm very glad I ran through all the episodes after putting it off for so many years. Also, it only got cancelled because it was on Starz and nobody wants to pay to watch anything that they have except for Spartacus and Ash vs Evil Dead. It's also not available internationally, effectively cutting the show's success in half on day 1. Here's to hoping Netflix or Amazon picks it up for a renewal.

Attached: f7fbc433d9bf9ce465d75a76e7cfd0f2.gif (540x289, 1.98M)

The plot device of old white guy and a young mexican/brown sidekick that inherits him is retarded hollywood nonsense.

>Here's to hoping Netflix or Amazon picks it up for a renewal.
Bruce said he's done playing Ash in live action, but there's some video game projects going on. Ash was added to Dead by Daylight earlier this year, he's rumored to be a Mortal Kombat 11 DLC character, and there's an actual Evil Dead game in development, but we don't know who's making it yet.

It's fucking perfect.

My main beef with that show was you would wreck Raimi's Oldsmobile hauling that Airstream™ around.

No, not really. At first it is 'deadite of the week' and when they introduce some mythos it's still boring. Campbell is great but not even he could save this mess, the sidekicks are annoying (although the mexican grows on you during the series) and Lucy Lawless phones it in as the big bad, and they drag it out.

They really are the biggest detriment to the show, and they're purely diversity quotas which makes it worse.

no it's kinda bad. Gets better in season 2

It kinda fits Ash's character to slowly kill his car, but think he's treating it perfectly because he buys the premium oil.

Getting Ted Raimi back as Henrietta was based

I had an absolute blast with it. I think it does a pretty great job capturing the tone of the original films and being worthy of the franchise. The side characters are actually much better than /pol/ is making them out to be.

I actually really like the sidekicks, the worst part that no one mentions is the Lucy Lawless stuff. That shit stinks

that was also cancelled after 3 seasons, did it also end on a cliff hanger?

pablo was good, the girl is grating and annoying