What is the line between paying homage and plagiarizing?

What is the line between paying homage and plagiarizing?

Attached: Screen-Shot-2015-06-03-at-00.18.06-e1433381044637.jpg (700x521, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O-QpfLV8dQw
youtube.com/watch?v=HW0v-NuudQw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

damn can't believe he would do that and only 10 years apart

Oh fuck off, I don't know where that middle one is from but Battle Royale girl getting a mace/morning star/whatever the fuck /k/ calls it slammed into her skull is not the same.

Nolans Inception and Kons Paprika Google it funny shit man the Jews have been ripping off the Japs for years

feet

Yea Forums > power gap > Yea Forums
nothing new there.

Attached: 1560759151918.gif (400x225, 519K)

Irrelevant as long as you make money. Tarantino has never done anything else but he makes the studio a ton of cash.

Just look at George Lucas. He built a billion dollar franchise by taking the slants out of the eyes and making a sword into a laser. Pretty much everything else is just ripped off. And the irony is the same exact series did it to itself.

A big part for me is admitting the source of your inspiration. Like say Tarantino is pretty up front about the basis of his movies being old movies that he likes, he gives the original actors/directors of those movies bit parts and if youd asked him he would gladly talk about all of this because he just loves this stuff. Now you take someone like Aronofsky and he takes a scene shot for shot from Perfect Blue for Requiem and then basically remakes the rest into Black Swan and I never heard him mention this in interviews etc. plus the fact he owns the adaptation rights to the movie which makes him immune legally makes him a hack in my eyes.

worship Kon but I don't think Paprika and Inception are similar.

That's based though, buying the rights to Perfect Blue just so you can ripoff stuff like Natalie Portman screaming in her bathtub. I can respect that because at least he was 100% honest about it, and outside of ripping off shit made it his own, because Black Swan can stand on it's own two legs for sure. And again I dickride Kon all day.

>a mace/morning star/whatever the fuck /k/ calls it
It was a table leg with nails sticking out

if you say your inspirations then thats homages, if you wait for people to found it then its plagiarism

Oh sorry, I haven't seen Kill Bill in forever and remember her getting hit with her own ball and chain.

>watch Blow Out
>"I don't know how to type" referenced in Reservoir Dogs
>When Sally met Jack song used in Death Proof
>Jack in the phonebooth with the camera swirling around is Butch's phonebooth scene in Pulp Fiction

OMG PLAGIARISM!!!!

homage doesnt exist its a jewish term for ripping off something and coming off lcean dont trust it especially not tarantino WHAT AFU CKING HACK jesus hc irst

lol no

it's just reddit tier "i understand that reference" shit

>I don't think Paprika and Inception are similar.
Except for all those effects, scenes and editing techniques he ripped directly.

For Quentin the Tarantula, it, like his hairline, grows thinner and thinner by the day. Ironicallt, I think the first time his tendency for """homage""" truly jumped the shark was with his use of selections from Ennio Morricone's The Thing score in Hateful 8. Not only was the movie was just a little over 30 years old at the time, but unlike many of his other homages which allude to obscure cultish pop culture, it was widely known and recognized in the mainstream, and was thus lazy as fuck.

They were both ripped from an old Ducktales comic.

Is this highlander 2 screenshot?

There's nothing I remember outside of the dream device itself and people using it for bad things. Inception is basically a straight gritty heist movie that just happens to take place in dreams.
>OooOoOo the hallways spinnin'!
Paprika actually captured the chaotic and straight fucking random nature of real dreams.
youtube.com/watch?v=O-QpfLV8dQw
Ah yes, I can see how Nolan was influenced by this. Are you insane?

The opening credits alone are enough to set it so far apart from Inception that anyone would understand they're going for completely different things. And I like both movies.
youtube.com/watch?v=HW0v-NuudQw

To be fair, the tracks from The Thing that he used in Hateful 8 were all unused tracks from the movie. It was kinda cool how he was able to recontextualize something that got left on the cutting room floor