Thinking if putting "favorite films" section on resume (job not cinema related)... what should I put?

thinking if putting "favorite films" section on resume (job not cinema related)... what should I put?

Attached: Screenshot_20190817-141501_Chrome.jpg (1080x975, 331K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pjreddie.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=XS2UWYuh5u0
youtube.com/watch?v=Cgxsv1riJhI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>what should I put
Birth of a Nation (1915)
The Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
Son of the Mask (2005)

Where did Gen Z go so wrong

>putting anime profile picture at your resumé
it's nothing new why do american journalism write ths

>thinking if putting "favorite films" section on resume (job not cinema related)... what should I put?
your favorite films retard

Its not that
You remember those images with shit like gif related plastered all over them? This is what they're doing to their resumes now

Attached: tenor.gif (220x450, 288K)

Resumes are arbitrary self-advertisements. You can put whatever you want on them as long as you're not breaking the law.

Office Space

>tfw you put a Yea Forums meme as part of your resume

SNEED BABY

You don't.

Jesus Christ, do they not teach this stuff anymore? I went to a business-focused college, so maybe not. They taught us how to prepare a good resume. Why the fuck would you ever put your favorite movies on your resume? You already have to condense it to one page. Putting your movies on there tells me you don't have anything to show for.

Gay

And zoomer fucking shits have the audacity to shit talk millennials and gen x lmao.

Attached: 1430165327142.gif (400x400, 1.93M)

what is a bitmoji

Attached: videoblocks-very-old-man-sitting-at-desk-reading-a-bookportrait_baz_xlo0l_thumbnail-full01[1].png (1920x1080, 2.56M)

birth

Attached: 1365114704075.jpg (300x400, 31K)

what's bitmojis

hard time scrate hard man lazy times creatre lazy man and cycle continues bor

It depends. If you need to pad out your resume, go for it. You don’t have any work experience or education or volunteer work or awards or references or anything? And this is a single page resume, right?

>sweating
>willing to hustle

Yeah I bet she was

>typos
>inconsistent fonts or font sizes
>inconsistent spacing
>one/two words hanging over onto next line
>complete sentences or first person
>"hobbies" section
>commercial email address other than gmail or protonmail
>inconsistency with literally anything
into the trash it goes. have never even seen an emoji but I would probably have to call the person and tell them to never contact me again

The parents. It's the continuation of societal backside which started with the baby boomers.

>protonmail
the fuck is that

Your enormous jealousy you loser Millennial.

Look it up faggot. I've never actually seen it on a resume and don't expect to but I would respect it if I did.

Nobody besides the military should have ever been given internet access.

Fuck is a commercial address, like fucking @verizon.com?

American Psycho

millennial are not jealous of gen z in any way shape or form other than the fact that they wish they could be younger

yes. how is that hard to understand?

Your favorite films, fucking obviously.

>being jealous of the most ignorant and least educated generation in 80 years

This

Attached: 1498071114593.jpg (505x256, 26K)

based

Will this really help me get a job? I'm 32 years old and I have never worked before but my mom is making me apply everywhere which is bullshit because nobody is hiring not even Walmart or McDonalds.

So you want potential employees to set up their own mailing server?

you seem pretty heated over email

Shit avatar making skills, it looks nothing like her. Would not hire.

crypto scam that paid for that viral

you hr cucks are cringe

Reminder that zoomers now miss the downfall shit era (late 00s-early 10s)

Attached: 1552794149084.png (1101x1211, 794K)

>admitting to working in HR, even anonymously
lol

Hobbies section is fine if you have hobbies that are somewhat relevant or useful in a job
"building robots" or "programming games" is probably the best example

but yeah, if all you have is "watching anime and playing vidya", don't even bother

I put "use of image editing software" into my computer skills because I make ebin meme shoops

who is this cutie???

The world is fucked

Attached: 1554464809467.jpg (470x470, 70K)

Attached: kelly-blazek.png (603x444, 335K)

seething boomer bitch

No but I'd like them to have reading comprehension so I guess you're both out.

I'm not in HR.

Then it should be a "technical skills" section or list some projects you worked on.

They didn't. The world is ever changing and yet somehow saying, "those damn kids," is as old as time and still timeless.

I'm starting to miss it too.

Based.

Seething entitled bitch.

Literally everything about that post implies you work in HR.

It is but that doesnt mean baby boomers weren't an absolute trash generation compared to the silent or greatest gen

how many asian women does she employ to maintain what you KNOW is a god-tier foot game

Attached: based benicio.jpg (699x491, 59K)

kys boomer apologist
these old cunts need to be made aware that they are redundant and past their useful years

The fact that you think only HR reviews resumes implies that you've never had a real job.

This. I hope the OP is bait. But it’s current year so nothing surprises me anymore.

Why is she seething so hard

Please hire me

Attached: worst-resume.png (2550x3300, 2.13M)

when can you start

Wow, what a bitch. She deserves to be shamed on the internet writing a response like that. Sharing that shit on LinkedIn takes one click.

it's an obvious bait just by looking at op's pic

Hubris.

Yet they are more productive than you, incel bitch

that letter ruined her career.

but seriously she must be an extreme autist to reply that way to a what is basically a friend request.

Is this real?

Jesus Christ

>on other companies
>typed "on" instead of "or"
trashed

Linkedin is a joke

Zoomers, please, set the world on fire so I can die in the flames in peace. I can't stand this anymore and I never had the power to do it.
Burn this shit to the ground.

you can laugh all you want but that brony fag seems competent at his job

True but the HR person weeds out the the shitty types of resumes pointed out in that post before sending them up the ladder. So again, this in every way appears to be from the perspective of someone in HR.

Unfortunately it is, newfag

>the HR person weeds out the the shitty types of resumes pointed out in that post before sending them up the ladder
If this is true in your workplace than you should quit immediately and find somewhere to work that doesn't suck. The fact that you think it works that way anywhere but soulless shit megacorporations again implies that you have never had a real job.

I meant "then".

hoes mad

kinda curious what worst case scenario would be if I sent in a resume with completely inane "skills"/interests on it would be

>>typos
>>inconsistent fonts or font sizes
>>inconsistent spacing
Inexcusable. Next is meh

pjreddie.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=XS2UWYuh5u0

He actually seems pretty competent but still would not hire due to sheer faggotry.

I mean I guess maybe if you're working at a super small tech startup or something. Anything bigger than that definitely has someone weeding out resumes that the higher ups don't have time to read.

nowhere, they are utterly based

seething HRcuck

This is but a system that turns one against his fellow man and makes all less than human.

As woke as most women-led HR departments are, they are all about the intersectionalist checkboxes but if they spot a single typo your resume won't make it on to the hiring committee.

And sitting on multiple hiring committees... even if it does make it to us, I've yet to see a committee not immediately reject a resume that had even a whiff of levity to it. This is a serious high-stakes game, if you're not going to take it seriously then there is no way we are. Easily half the resumes I touch go right in the trash from professional-but-low-quality-professionalism, let alone someone stupid enough to submit a resume in comic sans or including emojis

holy shit that fucking resume is on his website

Wrong. And not all resumes to to "higher ups".

HR is shit.

Definitely. But if I were an employer I'd still toss that resume in a second. As impressive as the resume is, there are surely other equally qualified candidates out there who don't refer to themselves as ponies in a professional setting.

if you had the nerve to tell me to never contact you again i would harass you through anonymous calls until the fucking FBI got involved you cunt nigger millennial piece of shit

Attached: 1563401472356.png (3311x3366, 774K)

Imagine being this much of gatekeeping asshole.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cgxsv1riJhI

Well either way, there's still someone that has to sit there and go through the garbage even if their title isn't technically HR. That's just a glorified HR rep.

Back in my day we called them smileys.

>This is a serious high-stakes game

is unwarranted self importance how wagecucks convince themselves not to commit suicide?

Attached: 4Chan_Meme_Pepe_laughing_19.png.jpg (258x360, 37K)

They have to take themselves seriously because no one else will.

Ok. Tell them to not do that because they are applying for the professional world. Im sure its mostly young girls who think its cute and were never told no but they need to learn that the way they interact with their friends isnt how you get a job. There is nothing to be mad about. This is probably the most first world problem going on right now

I was only joking about that part but I'm enjoying your zoomer seethe.

That's not true in many many places. The person/group that will actually be working with the person should be reviewing the resumes. Spending a couple hours doing this once or twice a year does not make you a glorified HR rep.

yes

Hobbies section is fine if you have hobbies that are somewhat relevant or useful in a job
If it's social too.
Actually if it can demonstrate a soft skills, it's fine.
Like actual sports, or crafting hobbies.
Some people will find a hobbies section cheesy, but some will ask you to talk about it. So I would keep mine.

>but yeah, if all you have is "watching anime and playing vidya", don't even bother
That's the actual issue.
If it's video games, traveling or youtube. Don't do it at all.

It's the unending cycle of civilizations.

Attached: real-shit-creates-real-niggas-real-niggas-be-straight-chillin-46355154.png (500x710, 205K)

Pretty much. This is what STEMcucks tell themselves to justify doing ultra boring shit all day.

Someone needs to send this boomer one of these "how to use the internet" books from the 90s because she is clueless.

Gen z is shit but I resumes are point less...what information do you need that i haven't already mentioned on the application?
>my work history
Check
>my personal information such as SSNumber /address
Check
>having references
Check
I mean seriously maybe im retarded but whats the point in having to do both? Why not one or the other? Seems today it's just more pointless hoops to jump through

When I managed a gamestop in the 00s, I got a resume that was 4 pages long in color just like this but with a Legend of Zelda motif.

It's a weird outdated social construct that needs to die along with cursive writing and signatures.

>ponyfag
>lifestyle outcast
>malamute
Dude fucks his dog. No doubts.

I sort of agree but it's the "applications" that are pointless. Resumes make sense. Having the person paste shit from their resume into an application format on some web portal is stupid. But if you're talking about applications that have you actually type a few sentences about why you want the job then those are stupid (should just be done in a cover letter).

pics

I fucking hate cursive.

I think it's suppose to be the cartoon character in ops pictures

I put it on my resume every time..haven't meet a person who knew what it was yet though

>what should I put?
Some Effort Into Your Grammar (2019)

>nobody is hiring not even Walmart or McDonalds.
Then wait a month or so..eventually they will be. There's always someone hiring

Based. I'm considering using that instead of gmail but I'm worried they'll go out of business suddenly and I'll be fucked.

It's pointless unless you work in tech and even then most still won't recognize it.

Imagine being raised by a millennial.

Did you hire him?

Something new would pop up eventually

Yeah but all my accounts and everything would be associated with the email that is gone.

You should hire me. My sensibilities are perfectly in-line with you and whatever company you represent. Do you need front-end web application developers?

>believing boomer propaganda

>Then wait a month or so..eventually they will be.
I've applied at the same Walmart half a dozen times in the last year and they won't hire me.
>There's always someone hiring
Ok smartass if that's true then where?

>You should hire me.
Post resume.
>My sensibilities are perfectly in-line with you and whatever company you represent.
Not sure I want to hire a brown nose.
>Do you need front-end web application developers?
Fuck no, but I'll give you kudos for not calling yourself an engineer.

what are your qualification
can you make borger

It keeps getting worse and worse. What happened?

Rambo 2,3 and 4

stfu queer

just b urself

Is html and css all you know?

>half a dozen times
that's probably it dumbass
most repeat applicants will always be refused and for the same reason they weren't first accepted
also if you're applying online you should actually apply yourself

I work in the post production industry we use a web based program to divide up shots and assigned them to artists.

you have a profile and when you start working they take your pic and upload it to your profile on said site. Girls will change theirs to cats. One even uses a glamour picture from her instagram. its fucking weird af.

>I've applied at the same Walmart half a dozen times in the last year and they won't hire me.

Then apply some place else

>Ok smartass if that's true then where?
Go outside and look faggot. .school should be starting very soon (if it hasn't already for some) there will be places hiring unless youblive in buttfuck nowwhere USA. Go deliver pizza or clean dishes or something basic.

Either go to school for STEM or become a tradesman.

I can't cook because I never had to before. I'm really good with computers (except Windows and Linux), I have near perfect hand-eye coordination from gaming and I can lift upwards of 20 pounds, and I'm good at ssocial media.
I am but they still won't hire me.
Shut the fuck up retard. How else do they hire people if you don't apply? Kill yourself.
>Then apply some place else
I already am you piece of shit.
I can't afford school until I get a job you fucking idiot

Every generation is fatter, uglier, dumber, and less white than the one that came before. Trends and media environments change from network tv to cable to early internet to web 2.0/social media with each successive post war generation, and people get hung up on this a lot, but these things are not really important beyond the narcissism of the generations. On a more fundamental level people have just become 'lower quality' every year since 1945, and it's as simple as that

That's not gen z
I'm 19 and my mom was born in the 70s

Maybe you're just too stupid and ugly to get a job

Yeah anyone at fortnite playing age was raised by Gen X

>I can lift upwards of 20 pounds

LMAO

Don't bother attempting trades, they will tear into you until you kill yourself.

I'm 31 now and looking at the block that is late teens / 20s. It's shocking to see how dumb they are. Not to mention the level of marketing and bullshit that is advertised to that age.
fuck its actually scary.

>I'm really good with computers (except Windows and Linux),
Oh, so you're not good with computers.
>I can't afford school until I get a job you fucking idiot
You are clearly the fucking idiot here which is why you're a failure. I don't think you're cut out for STEM. Do the tradesman route. You don't have to be smart and you can make good money for a lifetime. Good luck smooth brain user.

He can probably lift more than 20lbs but is too stupid to know how much things weigh.

not true 35 yo millenial people had gen z kids

sounds to me you're looking for attention. You can navigate a computer so you can find a job that'll pay you at least minimum wage.

Here is the thing that I've learnt there are dumber people then yourself that make LOTS of money.

get smart.

>UnAlaska, AK
Wtf

just include Problem Child 2 and Master and Commander and you're set for it

I'm 26 and I can still notice a difference in what people in their teens are like now compared to my cohort. It's important not to feel superior about this though and acknowledge gen x'era and especially boomers as your natural betters

My sister was born in 1980 and she has a 21 year old and a 12 year old, my nieces are both gen z

If you were 35 around 2000 you're Gen x not millenial

Your all retarted

>not using blingee to spice up your résumé
it's like you want to work a minimum wage dead end job

Attached: 1722730_8f936[1].jpg (400x300, 61K)

Fuck off troll, kill yourself
I don't have to know how much stuff weighs to pick It up, retard
>Oh, so you're not good with computers.
I am you illiterate nigger, I literally just said I was.
>You are clearly the fucking idiot here which is why you're a failure.
I'm not a failure or an idiot, you are which is why you're posting here
>I don't think you're cut out for STEM. Do the tradesman route. You don't have to be smart and you can make good money for a lifetime.
I am smart though dipshit, it's not my fault I get discriminated against for not being a corporate cocksylucking drone like you.
>Good luck smooth brain user.
Just because you're being nice in the last part of your post doesn't mean I forgive you, kill yourself.
>Here is the thing that I've learnt there are dumber people then yourself th
I highly doubt that

>I am you illiterate nigger, I literally just said I was.
No dude you suck with computers. You literally said you can't even use Windows or Linux.
>I'm not a failure or an idiot, you are which is why you're posting here
You are also posting here smart guy. I'm a bit of a social failure but very successful with my career.
>I am smart though dipshit, it's not my fault I get discriminated against for not being a corporate cocksylucking drone like you.
You are literally destine to failure with this attitude.
>Just because you're being nice in the last part of your post doesn't mean I forgive you, kill yourself.
Ok stay mad faggot but you should seriously take my advice because it's probably your only route to a decent middle class life.

Im starting to see why you can't get hired

u

>One employer received

It's not Gen Z, it's millennials writing these shit articles.

True gen z culture won't really be a thing for another 5 years. 'Millennials' are people defined by their proximity to the peak in births you see around 1990 on pic related, the next peak is in 2007. Those kids are still just 12-13, this would be like defining millennial cultural trends based on what was happening in 2003

Attached: genz.jpg (1135x677, 171K)

>No dude you suck with computers. You literally said you can't even use Windows or Linux.
I can't and I don't and I won't because literally 90% of businesses use iOS, retard.
>You are also posting here smart guy. I'm a bit of a social failure but very successful with my career.
I might be posting here to but I'm not a friendless faggot like you who needs validation on an anonymous forum.
>You are literally destine to failure with this attitude.
What attitude? Accepting the truth? Places like Walmart won't hire me because they don't want free thinkers like me. They want brown nosing cucks like you who will bark on command. I'm not like that and it put me at a big disadvantage when I apply to jobs. Get that through your thick skull
>Ok stay mad faggot but you should seriously take my advice because it's probably your only route to a decent middle class life.
I'm not mad I'm just kind of pissed off that I open up my life to you people and you still shit on me for no reason.
You're the one who called me an idiot and a failure for no good reason and now you're pretending like you're my friend. I won't go to trade school because A. I'm smarter then that, B. I can't afford to until I get a job you fucking retard and C. I'm 99% sure you're just trying to sabotage my future. Kill yourself, seriously kill yourself.
Why is that?

Yeah but those people were fuck ups that had accidental kids in their late teens or early 20s. By and large, zoomers are the products of people born in the 70s.

No they fucking don't. Enjoy being an iOS retard. You don't know anything about computers beyond how to use them for basic tasks. I'm not going to read the rest of your asspained rant.

Friendly reminder that we're all going to become NEETs after the upcoming recession.

I think he's talking about coding in which case they do all develop for iOS pretty much. If not then yeah, he's stupid.

>No they fucking don't. Enjoy being an iOS retard. You don't know anything about computers beyond how to use them for basic tasks.
I know more about computers then you apparently.
>I'm not going to read the rest of your asspained rant.
It's not a rant it's a reply to your retarded musings. You just can't read it because you're an illiterate retard and a fucking coward to boot. I accept your forfeit, the better man (me) won here today.

she got her award stripped away because she literally got it for being a communications expert.

No you don't. And you are clearly asspained. Enjoy your Walmart job lol. I actually tried to help you but just cause I called you a retard a couple times you lost your shit

Some of them have Millenial parents, which is arguably the worst generation to make parents.

>When I managed a gamestop in the 00s

Attached: fuck_off.png (916x922, 538K)

kaczynski was right about everything

This. Millennials are embarrassments, and they're trying to make us Zoomers look bad

topkek

Attached: kek.png (704x528, 442K)

Boomers are a plague on this Earth

being gay

Yep.

for me it's pink comic sans on a green background

Just looked her up and not only did she get disgraced for this; she works in Cleveland, one of the worst cities in the U.S. What a cunt.

if they don't use squirrelmaile it should go into the trash

Nice. I like to go with red on green for that festive holiday feel.

resumes are nice and all but let's talk business cards
just picked those up from the printers yesterday
what do you think?

Attached: 50041-1532336916.jpg (640x356, 23K)

This shit is so egocentric it hurts. Can you not recognize that these people are nostalgic for something that THEY grew up with? Your nostalgia is immaterial. The cycle will repeat for the next generation.

>gmail
Enjoy your botnet.

>still using my yahoo account from '04
>goes straight to spam

>People are nostalgic for shows and movies they watched when they were younger
Who knew?

I mostly agree except that era objectively had some major low points for Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network. The Wii is based and underrated as fuck though. Only plebs disagree.

A lot companies use Windows because it's much cheaper and it comes with Word, Excel and all that crap.

Who me.com here? Fuck icloud

If he knew coding, he'd have to familiarize himself with how Linux works because you won't get hired without knowing how to navigate in a terminal

Why are there so many middle management fags on Yea Forums?

Who ITT is middle management?

she seems like the kind of person who will die childless and regret her time wasted on a career

>boomers
>better than anyone
Bunch of spoiled, rotting retards with no work ethic

would you prefer us to be glorified techies? Also, everyone here is a fucking bartender or waiter.

Kek, see . It's not like she works in Silicon Valley. She's from fucking Cleveland.

i'm a sicentist but I work for free tho

Attached: thumb_tfw-to-smart-knot-too-understand-this-meme-tosmart-54280053.png (300x300, 23K)

Windows has a terminal too and there's developers who code in Windows full time and never touch anything Unix based. Most are familiar with it though.

Also any zoomer that thinks using iOS makes them "good with computers" is full of shit.

Besides making money, what should motivate me to work?

>any zoomer that thinks using iOS makes them "good with computers" is full of shit
As a 19 year old zoomer, I can confirm that this true

Perfectly balanced.

self gratification I guess?

makes alot of sense if you think about it

Attached: pool.jpg (480x360, 28K)

Is that necessarily true though? It seems like the majority of high school and college kids are using Mac and iPhones these days.

The Wii casualised gaming as a whole, it's a shit console with shit gimmicks.

Counterpoint: Call of Duty and Halo and the Xbox 360/Xbox Live in general casualized gaming way more than the Wii did. Think about it.

My main hobbies are working in teams and fostering enclusive environments towards women and ethnics, I also enjoy problem solving and using microsoft office suite.

I'm 22 and my parents were born in 1962 and 1964. What the hell are we?

Making apps for PC and mobile is one small part of the computing fields and also requires no real knowledge of how computer work for most cases.

You are a zoomer.

Do you have a lot of siblings much older than you? If not then it's kind of weird.

The only edge case I can come up with is if the app is teaching the user how a computer works.

That's ridiculous though.

I remember my first job interview, I just had finished high school at the same time the market crash happened, no one was hiring, I finally got an interview in some telemarketing/tech support for cellphone subhuman job
it was full of boomers with life long CV's saying that they worked on banks and stuff like that, I didn't get the job but one the girls who were also being interviewed said I was so charismatic and charming and gave me her cellphone number, I was too beta and jobless to call her back tho, shame

Attached: full.jpg (600x402, 32K)

MacOS is Unix based. I think iOS is too technically but it doesn't matter because not even pajeets do their programming on smartphones

>I'm 22 and my parents were born in 1962 and 1964. What the hell are we?
A younger Millenial. Your parents are right on the edge of gen x and boomerdom.

I have a sibling born in December 94, and another born in 2003

Yeah but if your boss was also an MLP fan, you'd be a shoe in.

Who the fuck do you think were the parents of Gen Z?

what about @aaathats3as.com email addresses?

Is that bone?

No, he's a zoomer. 95 is the cutoff

No

Yes. And the lettering is something called Silian Grail.

Very cool.

shit must be expensive

Attached: 3660f7fde46f975739d949a999908f7e.jpg (1280x850, 146K)

>95 is the cutoff
Not everyone uses the same years, 97 and 2000 seem to be the most common ones though.

fuck hr
fuck paper pushers
fuck you

If you aren't old enough to remember the year 2000, you aren't a millennial. The "most common" thing is (literal) boomers who think anyone under 30 is a millennial including 15 year olds

I'm not either of those things. Stay mad