Todd Phillips on 'Joker' — 'My goal wasn't to take Joaquin Phoenix and put him in the comic book universe...

>Todd Phillips on 'Joker' — 'My goal wasn't to take Joaquin Phoenix and put him in the comic book universe. My goal was to take comic books and put it in the Joaquin Phoenix universe'
What a bunch of pretentious bullshit.

Attached: joker-03-1180200.jpg (700x350, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/f68uiosyjwdz9dt/joker.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This movie will blow all MCUck trash out of the water.

>seething MCuck
based Phillips

Joaquin Phoenix once got into a car crash and was about to light a cigarette as the car was dripping gas and Werner Herzog pulled him out of the car and quickly drove off from the scene

what's in Joaquin Phoenix given that actors are the most boring people in the world?

Attached: 1564780429107.jpg (454x520, 91K)

Looks like we finally have a new addition to the list
it's been so long bros

Attached: 1435710730376.jpg (749x1832, 649K)

Honestly pretty much fits. It's clearly a reference to Taxi Driver, and a lot of Phoenix's movies reference that kind of realism and that era. It looks like You Were Never Really Here, Inherent Vice, The Master, Walk the Line, etc. Makes more sense than you seem to realize.

I guarantee Joaquin Phoenix is winning an oscar for this, Todd Phillips is walking away with that best director award too. Best Picture is still a long way to go tho

Who the fucj even is Jokeim Phoenix?

Attached: what does that mean.gif (473x292, 638K)

>tfw I like V for Vendetta, Fight Club, Watchmen, Drive, Kick Ass, LOTR, Clockwork Orange, Clerks, Taxi Driver, Army of Darkness, The Dark Night, There Will Be Blood, Battle Royale, American Psycho, Cabin in the Woods, Falling Down, Kill Bill, and Akira
:/

I heard that if you watch this movie you go insane.

nothing wrong with edgy movies

The Rotten Tomatoes shills will hate it but i'm sure the audiences worldwide are going to recognize the total absolute kinography

>falling for a dumb meme chart

>The Rotten Tomatoes shills will hate it
This is the type of dogshit they like though
It's why these "pro" threads are always made during business hours

Not OP, but come on now - that's a fucking trashy, pretentious quote. It's a fucking Joker movie. Pretending like this is going to be some kind of capeshit Taxi Driver is just embarrassing, and it's perfectly possible to find it cringy while also thinking the MCU is played-out tripe. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Pretty decent list.

Why the fuck is LOTR, Blade Runner, and The Thing on there though? Total Recall should probably also not be there.

There's been a few RT "critics" who have talked about the script on Twitter and are already going in wanting to hate it

Also cringey Phillips called this "the most unstudio movie made in a long time"

>Not OP
hi OP

Those critics hate actually good thought provoking shit when it comes out, like that Ebert hack for example.

>capeshit Taxi Driver
That's literally exactly what it's supposed to be, though. That doesn't mean it's going to be as good or meaningful as Taxi Driver, but it could very well be the superhero equivalent of it, the same way people say stuff like Barefoot Gen is the Schindler's List of anime. Which is honestly a fair comparison.

They're shitskin company war posters from twitter. Most mcu drones are hyped for this trash based on most anticipated 2019 lists.

Nah, it's going to get shat on for "glorifying incel shooter culture", if you can't see that coming from leagues away you need to look more closely. Everything is a fucking battleground for the retarded culture war now, including movie reviews, and Joker is on the bad side by virtue of being tangentially connected to SOCIETY memes.

It's going to be a stupid movie pretending to be an avant garde creme-de-la-capeshit that'll get all the DCEU fans creaming their pants over ebin symbolism and spamming threads calling it kino on Yea Forums, while simultaneously spawning a thousand pearl-clutching cultural criticism "think"pieces by histrionics decrying it for being a rallying cry for the alt-right/gamers/incels/whatever the boogeyman is in a few months.

>he thinks Taxi Driver is high art

Based. MCUcks and art hoes/bros seethe when someone makes capekino instead of capeshit, >NOOOOOOOOO STAY IN YOUR LANE COMIC BOOK MOVIES ARE FOR CHILDREN STOP TAKING THEM SERIOUSLY RIGHT NOOOOOOOOW!!!!!! *cracks Monster*

Attached: 1565796847215s.jpg (196x250, 7K)

MCUcks are FUCKING SEETHING rigiht now hahahaha. Enjoy eating your fucking popcorn flicks with stupid topics and swj themes slapped in youre face. meanwhile DCBros will get to enjoy the Taxi Driver of the 21st century.

Some of them are. But there's a ton of MCUfags shitting on this and judging it all based on the leaked script. Almost every result on Twitter besides a few about the leaked script are negative and from people who like MCU movies and other trash.

>the Joaquin Phoenix universe

So it's a universe where his older brother dies from a drug overdose in front of Johnny Deep HOLLYWOOD night club

anyone read the script? is it kino?

>Inb4 JOKER IS SJW CAUSE THERES A BLACK GIRL IN IT IT'S THE SAME AS MARVEL!!!111
Us based DChads will be enjoying GUASÓN this October 4th.

Attached: whatsapp_image_2019-04-02_at_12_39_26_pm.jpeg_793492074.jpg (718x452, 31K)

Twitter is as bad as facebook so why take it seriously?
Yes, it looks like a 9/10

I love this movie

Judge for yourself user mediafire.com/file/f68uiosyjwdz9dt/joker.pdf

If that SJW Bailey liked it then so will the rest of these drones.

That nigga was paid to shill, isn't he involved with the Toronto festival its premiering at? No way it's a "cinematic achievement"

Will Mike and Jay like it?

Only real review is this person who's been very credible in the past (leaked last jedi and justice league plot way before everyone else cause he goes to test screenings a lot) sounds like a 60% at best.

Attached: Screenshot_20190817-143347.png (2048x1706, 701K)

>This story takes place in its own universe. It has no connection to any of the DC films that have come before it. We see it as a classic Warner Bros
why are dcpajeets saying MCuck won't like it? they've liked all the other garbage save for man of steel and bvs
I mean most of these retards even consider TDK a cinematic achievement

Attached: 1536304157536.png (937x638, 298K)

Jay will say something pretentious and Mike will fall asleep and complain there weren't enough jokes

I have a feeling Jay will be all over this at first until Mike says he didn't get it and then Jay will drop criticisms to please his sexlord.

i understand where it comes from, every MCU fan I've come across absolutely despises DC and only like wonder woman cause it has a woman in the lead. there are definitely dedicated mcufans and dcfans. also judging by the script, i don't know if they'd like how slow it is. he's not 'joker' until the 3rd act and the movie doesn't have any fan service or anything.

It doesn’t stop Joaquin from Oscar nom tho. Every critics are saying that his performance is spectacular

Not pretentious. Makes sense.