Why doesn't anybody ever talk about Oz?

Why doesn't anybody ever talk about Oz?

Attached: chris meloni.jpg (642x482, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

listal.com/list/law-order-svu-oz
youtube.com/watch?v=QqgtuDKm81E
youtube.com/watch?v=sFFatUJPDUk
youtube.com/watch?v=j-OAi7Tz718
youtube.com/watch?v=ZX_6_R1NsoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=spNHlpjQvt0&
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Too much fag shit

How did he keep his hat on his head?

Attached: F2IMAm.jpg (320x249, 13K)

by absorbing the souls of prags

It's not like it's titillating or anything.

What episode of law and order svu was this?

>Beecher gets an anal probe

when is he releasing nudes? there too much teasing with this man

You have no idea how long I've had this.

Attached: Adebisi seeing yet another thread about how he keeps his hat on.jpg (444x333, 23K)

Because it jumped the shark with the aging pills, I stopped watching at that point.

It's a faggy soap opera that only had shock value going for it - and it's not shocking today.

Even if we ignore the sci-fi part... Why would anyone ever consider the idea of just giving a killer a pill and then sending him off, instead of keeping him away from people? What kind of fucked up view of the justice system do you have to have to think that's a solution to crime? It's the kind of an idea an 8 year old would have because they've never had the purpose of jails explained to them.

>Niggers are up to something

Attached: Capture.jpg (600x622, 22K)

Yo you challenger?

Jesus christ Raimi.

blaqq majik

I remember seeing Luke Perry on one episode and he was completely naked. His penis was very small

The show was kinda meh. I did watch quite a few seasons, but it was silly.

Also.. Supreme Allah?!

Because you actually need to watch it.
People here are redditfaggots or redditfaggots/capeshitfaggots.

Not as small as it is now.

GIMME SOME TITS

Attached: Kirk4.jpg (392x281, 12K)

The way this faggot dies was excellent.

It's talked about every once in a while but it's really not that good and for almost half of it it's pretty bad. People over 30 most certainly remember Oz and reference it though.

not based

He's right though, if you've seen the show it's clear after the first season they had no clue wtf they were doing, I need point to no greater example than the fucking aging pills episode.

THIS TIME YOU DIE MOTHERFUCKER
t. Aceveda

never saw this episode of Law and Order: SVU

They had some ideas and for the first few seasons it's not actually bad or anything. More influential than actually great though. The aging pills come pretty late when they've completely fallen off the cliff and have no idea what they're doing.

Just imagine a show set in this universe except showing someone trying to survive Gen Pop. Oz was fucking heaven for these guys and only the better sort of prisoner was given the chance to be there, even though there was a brutal rape every day and a murder every other day. Gen Pop must have been a fucking bloodbath.

Alright, well then I'll point to something from the second season that was fucking ridiculous bullshit: Wolverine Beecher

this. unbearable to watch. Dropped the show at the first episodes

Velcro

Fun fact: when Perry joined the cast, there was a lot of jokes about Perry getting raped on the show.

The writers in turn, did something so horrific to his character, that rape would have been preferable given how gruesome his final fate was. A fate made all the worse given how Perry's character (an evangelist minister who embezzled from his church) was one of the nicer, likeable characters on the show.

Can all the people born after 00's please fuck off this thread ?
This is a thread for mature people discussing OZ
Thank you

That's actually season three.

Attached: 451dce22.jpg (196x223, 7K)

is this the most based muslim in television history?

Attached: cq5dam.web.1200.675.jpg (1200x675, 46K)

it was trying to be shocking so now it just looks dated and mostly irrelevant

the wheelchair nigger intros were always pretty embarrassing though.

Giving you a (You) just for hanging on to that.

Reminder that Gyp Rosetti faked his death and went to Oz as a successful fag club owner for the sole purpose of fucking Miguel Alvarez.

You have never shaved your head have you?

What do you mean?

listal.com/list/law-order-svu-oz

I forgot. Post it

unironically my favorite HBO show. something comfy ab a large cast of main characters that all interact in one small setting.

80% of posters here these days are too young to even know of OZ let alone having watched it.

I REJECT YOUR PARDON

Imagine how many dumb prison niggers he could have helped if free. Thank God we have Trump so no one needs Said to let feral nogs out of the pokey.

youtube.com/watch?v=QqgtuDKm81E

I did when I re-watched the first 3 seasons a few months back.

I'm not sure many zoomers have seen it

lel

c'mon man loosen up its just a tv show

WAY ahead of its time- like two decades. It smokes most current HBO series.

>it's a Schillinjer cuts off a kid's hand episode

perhaps his finest role

Attached: file.png (737x523, 398K)

>ahead of its time
it was pretty dated when it came out, as the internet already existed and was gaining steam.

Oz came out in 1997. People who used the internet or computers were still considered nerds and losers.

>YO [character who has been shown to be cunning and smart] I HEARD THAT [character that I want dead] WAS TALKING SHIT ABOUT YOU!!1 LIKE HE WE BEING ALL MEANIE AND SHIT! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?

>"jeez O'Reilly, you're widely known for being a manipulative prick, but you know what? I believe you (even though everyone knows you want that guy dead for some reason), I shall proceed and kill that gentleman for you, if anything just to move this non sensical plot forward"

I mean I know its supposed to be a manly soap opera full of fantasies, but the amount of JUST TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN BRO this show requires is astounding

Attached: ROReily.png (576x431, 494K)

>it's edie falco phones it in episode

and homicide was better

He's not, though. The writer of the show did a ton of research into the prison systems and this show is what helped HBO blow up in popularity.

May not have been close to being the best show ever, but it is directly responsible for hbo tv being a thing, and we wouldnt have had a lot of kino if it wasnt for OZ.

I was about to make a post asking what powers he had

It got worse with every episode and somewhere midway through became completely unwatchable.

sounds like an exaggeration. I would say The Sopranos was more influential and was being made at the same time.

Sopranos didn't get greenlit until after Oz had already aired its first season and was a huge hit.

Wasnt he buried alive? rather than that raped to death.

uh, tales from the crypt was HBO's signature show during the 90s.

Wasn't Oz the first 60 minute drama series?

Because it's a pre-Sopranos HBO hour drama that hasn't aged well and has been discussed to death already.

because its so fucking gay LOL

Should have had more nakedness from some actors under 30.

hahaha wtf

Being influential doesn't actually mean that it's good.

It's certainly not a stretch to say that Sopranos would have never happened without Oz.

I don't know what else you want man, in one episode he straight up pisses into a bucket while bare-ass naked.

No. There have been many similar even at 60 minutes and at least Proft was a year ahead of Oz but it certainly popularized the episodic long running dark themes show where you have to watch every episode. Sopranos came because Oz was a hit and then that basically changed tv.

There are way earlier examples of similar shows and I think Twin Peaks - mostly at 45 minutes but bringing the movie length idea to tv - would actually be a good example but there's certainly a good argument for Oz being the show that changed Tv.

And I was also supposed to say that Profit, while not being succesful, was very much a predecessor to Oz and the likes. Never got past the first season but it was a really interesting try into making something similar that tv is now.

Bruh, he's mayhem

youtube.com/watch?v=sFFatUJPDUk

Unfortunately I don't know if there are any examples of shows like that

ELLIOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING

Because its obviously gay and since we're all fags in denial we wont talk about it because that would be gay.

youtube.com/watch?v=j-OAi7Tz718

kek

literally me when i moved abroad and they can't write my name correctly once when it says it right there every single time

Attached: 1558028057258.png (500x381, 245K)

>It's certainly not a stretch to say that Sopranos would have never happened without Oz.
source?

Brother Mouzone

JK Simmons said while playing this character he had a surprising number of people who came up and gave him kudos for his beliefs thinking he was just like the character in the show and that it weirded him out how many people related to the character.

The fact that Oz was the first huge HBO hit of the kind and Sopranos was greenlighted the moment HBO realized that Oz was a hit. Before that Sopranos had been in development hell for years.

nah

I literally can't take him seriously as any other character because he's always the fucked up nazi. It's on the same level as the people who have played James Bond.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZX_6_R1NsoQ
Dude they're fucking nipples

That's not exactly questionable.

Fuck you for reminding me.

My favourite was James Robson, comedic gold.

youtube.com/watch?v=spNHlpjQvt0&

the show takes place in prison, user

>O'Reilly is the head of the Irish gang and that's why he's got some power
>they literally never show anyone except him and his retarded brother
Was everyone afraid that one of his IRA contacts was going to bomb the place if they messed with him, or what?

Remember when bitcher bit off that guys' dick?

I bonded with a girl over "that scene where they scoop shit out the nazis ass" and then we had sex and then we dated and then we started living together. Good show.

There's just something about this guy that I still think of like an older brother or something, I always like it when he shows up for some small role. I could never tell exactly why but I always liked him and Bosco from third watch because of those "cool older brother" vibes. Maybe I'm just a plasticpaddyboo deep down.

>that ratio
>black bars AND grey bars
What the fuck.

What was up with that aryan guy's gums? I can't remember that part

Funny thing about that, Dean Winters even called out the writers on that early on in season one.

The season one DVD has a "discussion panel" with the cast and writers and there is a humorous bit where Dean Winters talks about how he point blank told the writers "this is retarded!" in relations to how everyone believes Ryan and no one ever gets wise to how he bullshits everyone and basically manipulates/orchestrates all sorts of horror and carnage around him and that everyone who trusts him ends up dying.

According to Winters, the writer he talked to basically said Ryan was the show's "Iago" in that per that, he should play Ryan as a guy surrounded by morons that really are THAT retarded to think he has their best interest in mind as he stabs them in the back.

Nigga didn't brush, now he's got nigga gums.

Most Yea Forums users parents were children when it aired.

Why doesn't anyone ever talk about how based Chris Meloni is?

Attached: lolzandorder wtf Chris.jpg (960x640, 81K)

>tfw you were such a horny teenager that you jerked off to the scene where the chyna-looking prison guard jerks off the prisoner in the bath before dropping a hairdryer or something in there with him

He played Denis Leary's brother in Rescue Me as a NY cop giving off crazy Max Payne vibes, I always wanted to see a show based purely on him being a badass, he never had anything centered around him, always the side character

Chyna is kinda hot, the fat fuck in Oz was so disgusting that I almost dropped the show.

You ever seen his ass in Happy? Wow.

I stopped watching cause it was too unrealistic and the special unit didn't do anything special, it was prison business as ususal but the prisoners could do what they want, there was no supervision over them

>no one posted about the horrible ending
hahaha, I knew it went to complete shit during the later seasons but the writers REALLY didn't give a fuck during the last season

Do your own fucking research, retard. It's an established fact that Oz jumpstarted hbos future success in tv. Sopranos was only made possibly by the success of Oz.