Did they just tell him to talk for a few minutes about made up space stuff? This scene was totally lost on me...

Did they just tell him to talk for a few minutes about made up space stuff? This scene was totally lost on me, what was all that shit about sea beams? what was Decker supposed to make of being told someone had been in space on a spaceship? I'm sure he was used to the whole concept

Why is no one else talking about this?

Attached: file.png (989x400, 510K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vc7oWwPECY4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

my man he literally saw ships

I've seen the Tannhauser gate.... Do you understand the gravity of what I am telling you?

The point was (presumably) to show how a replicant's life experiences were just as poignant and "real" as a human's in spite of their short lifespan.

However, the lines themselves are literally nonsensical. His delivery is what makes that scene.

It ruined the film for me, I don't really think it was necessary. It doesn't translate well to the audience

Deckard has never been in space or on a spaceship, he was a drunk loser left on Earth with the other poorfags.

You're autistic

i

youtube.com/watch?v=vc7oWwPECY4

The company told him that seeing space shit would make him immune to bullets if he came back to earth, so now he's crying because he realizes that it's not the case.

Hauser only ate Sea bream dureing the entire shooting of the film.
Based fish eater.

Is the speech supposed to be deep or something? He sounded like a retard travelfag. UH HUH I WENT TO PLACES AND LOOKED AT THINGS THERE. He wouldn't be forgotten within five minutes if he instead spent his time creating something of value.

Decker before I die.. like a lightbulb burning out... You gotta promise me you will see the tannhauser gate with your own eyes... it's sublime... time to die...

Imagine unironically wasting your life typing this out and not realise the irony

If you want to talk about the movie you should just make a normal thread instead of pretending to be retarded.

Regardless, the point was that he experienced things that nobody has, things he can't possibly comprehensibly share with anybody else because they could never understand it because they didn't live it themselves. When he dies, those experiences will be lost forever. It has a lot of different meanings. He was manufactured, he's not considered human. It can be looked at as explaining the creation of the soul. Something you are not born with, something that you forge through your life experiences. It can also bring into question why we are subjected to live through all these unique life experiences if they are ultimately forever lost in the end.

Attached: 1562942376858.jpg (1280x693, 374K)

What, so if a guy said to you today "I saw a plane get shot down over Baghdad" and "I seen trucks on fire on the road out of kabul" you wouldn't be able to comprehend it at all? It's all relative to the world you live in. The idea of war in the futuristic setting of blade runner wouldn't have been hard for Decker, a world weary guy to grasp. fuck off with your pretentiousness

>triggered travelfag

Attached: 1564430189809.jpg (322x355, 68K)

>so if a guy said to you today "I saw a plane get shot down over Baghdad" and "I seen trucks on fire on the road out of kabul" you wouldn't be able to comprehend it at all?

You would be able to comprehend it to a degree. But not at all to the degree of the person who experienced it. You haven't experienced their entire life, everything that makes them think and feel how they do, up until that point. You weren't actually there to see, feel, even smell, everything that was happening. You don't have the memory of the before or the after, let alone the during. You have an extremely simplistic and filled-in version of it based on your own experiences and knowledge that is created to understand something based on what someone was able to express to you in words and/or with a picture/video etc...

I know you're just pretending to be retarded. I honestly don't know if I should feel more embarrassed for giving you serious responses or if you should for posting like such a cringey faggot "ironically".

>DUDE YOU JUST HAD TO BE THERE

Just a desperate attempt to add weight to something that isn't as special as you think. He watched spaceships burn and some sparkles, wow, how exciting and important.

Attached: 1558365578283.jpg (719x637, 153K)

If Batty was a replicant super soldier we could extrapolate that during space flight, or horrific battle in which he destroyed other replicants or xenomorphs, he glimpsed precious moments of beauty in environments which humans could not survive.

The specific events don't matter, you could replace it with "I took a big sloppy shit after eating 27 bars of chocolate in 2 hours". The point is that the human experience is living a life that is unique and will never be lived again, nor will you ever be able to even remotely accurately share it with anybody. That's what made Roy human. It explained why he so desperately attempted to cling to life as well as bringing into question the morality of creating and enslaving replicants, who aren't considered human.

"Ya dude i saw it all on the space channels in HD on my TV about 50 times " Decker

Rutger Hauer IMPROVISED that shit, by the way. Absolutely based. Fuck you kids

ITT : incels
Can’t wait for the lobster to become reality. All incels deserve death because they can’t just go and have sex. It’s literally easy.

This scene was raved over at the time but is now commonly accepted as pretty shit and nonsensical. people just think it's good because it's the culmination of a good film

was he and the other guy playing for 24 hours straight?

Attached: 1540605205971.jpg (1280x534, 166K)

>This scene was raved over at the time but is now commonly accepted as pretty shit and nonsensical.
by who? zoomer autists? go back to your pokemon creatures.

If you have never smelled burning flesh and seen the corpses, no faggot, you can not comprehend it.

The shot and the acting is fine but I always thought the face turn happened way too quickly

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

This

Sadly this is what happens in the life-cycle of ironic shitposting

>Yea Forums starts to shitpost "unironically" about one of the greatest scenes in film history
>it gets out of control
>imbeciles like OP start to think they are in good company and that their garbage taste is being endorsed
>we get these threads

I've been putting off the duology for a while and just watched the original yesterday and 2049 today.

Original>>

Is this even a controversial opinion whatsover?
It's not

I didn't figure it would be because they're both good movies but the more easily impressed (most of Yea Forums) would definitely prefer 2049

Are you implying that embedded reporters weren't hypercasting the well-known Tannhauser Attack Ship Catastrophe back to Earth as it was occurring, and that everybody hasn't seen the ships on fire themselves dozens of times?

Holy shit, retards.
The thing that mattered isn't what he saw, it was that he DID see it. That he was alive to see those ships and what not.
Like, try to think about yourself. You microwaved some pizza from yesterday and turned on Yea Forums. Even if that's sad, it was something you actually LIVED through, every smell, taste and sound is precious when this faggot knew he was 4 minutes from his warranty expiring

what the hell has that got to do with anything? his ability to see and remember stuff was never in question

>seriously replying to a troll thread