ITT: horror movies you love

ITT: horror movies you love

Attached: BB65537F-CC99-4604-BE60-0C5E2F4913F7.jpg (342x445, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FpKLPklM6U0
youtube.com/watch?v=ssvgMHCa45s
youtube.com/watch?v=cIG0COsZmjg
youtube.com/watch?v=PfvEdQbsWGw
youtube.com/watch?v=yL7Uj1WfKU4
youtube.com/watch?v=fGpX38OOiFE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 6064F8F0-BDC1-481D-BF4D-41E3BF0C31AD.jpg (500x705, 105K)

great fucking choice

Anyone notice a lack of monster movies? Everything recently seems to be ghost stories/possessions/slasher/A24garbage. Also any b-horror movies don’t take themselves seriously, they’re always too campy and try to be “so bad it’s good”. I hate it. Stupid fucking shark navsh. Bsssd nd rdplld fjk janis and fk ngers

Attached: CC3D721E-B040-4686-921B-8466FD0B6BBF.jpg (432x606, 40K)

Why is the older brother such a fucking Chad in the first movie?

The ending was really meh IMO, can't believe I waited that long for ravager.

The first phantasm was trash and makes NO FUCKING SENSE. I was extremely let down after hearing what a classic it is.

Attached: 1558644600608.jpg (893x1422, 427K)

Attached: TCM2.jpg (1200x1696, 311K)

Attached: MPW-69757.jpg (500x747, 43K)

I thought the first Phantasm was great precisely because nothing is explained, there's just all sorts of weird shit going on. All the "monsters" are original too, the audience can't just think "oh it's a werewolf I guess they need a silver bullet" or "wow a vampire someone fetch the crucifix" when nothing the characters encounter has ever been seen in a horror movie before. It gives the film a very real atmosphere of fear of the unknown. It's a pretty rare kind of horror movie in that sense. I suppose if you watched it with very high expectations you would feel disappointed, but it's a good horror film nonetheless.

BOOOOOYYYYYYY you have shit taste

I wish I could have gotten the Arrow release but this was just as good.

Attached: 20190817_114602.jpg (374x498, 34K)

>BOOOOY
youtube.com/watch?v=FpKLPklM6U0

Attached: boy.gif (500x230, 983K)

One of the best looking horror films ever made.

>5 movies
what? i used to watch a lot of horror how have i missed this series?

It really is pretty under the radar, worth noting those 5 movies came out over about a 40 year period with the same writer/director for each film.

youtube.com/watch?v=ssvgMHCa45s

BOOOY!

Mark Hamill was gay as fuck in the 3rd one. I remember it being in sci-fi or syfy channel a lot when I was younger. What the fuck happened to that channel? Old sci-fi channel was so based.
>good anime
>good b movies
>mst3k

Soundtrack is very Suspiria.

Of all the American horror franchises, Phantasm is the most American.

Attached: image.jpg (600x337, 41K)

Anyone notice how much IT rips off this?
>it feeds on fear
>cosmic monster
>that scene where it comes alive in the picture

>spooky splash screens
>comfy as fuck to just let play in the background

It was so fucking good

>those 5 movies came out over about a 40 year period with the same writer/director for each film.
wtf. what's it about?

It's long so I'll just summarize the plot to the first as best as I remember and give a gist of what they do the rest of the time.
>two brothers
>parents die
>mortician that runs funeral parlor is a weird tall, thin man
>they see him doing weird shit like carrying a full coffin around by himself
>investigate
>find out their parent's bodies are missing
>mortician is using corpses as slave labor in another dimension
>they fight him

Every other movie is more or less a continuation, the younger brother is replaced by another actor in 2, comes back for the rest of them, the older brother dies in the first movie but comes back as a spirit in the others, Reggie is a huge badass throughout. The final movie brings all the side characters from the previous movies together for a great ensemble as they try to take the Tall Man down for good.

Phantasm was based

I liked how the first film had a scene where the big bro tells the kid how to treat firearms
>don't aim at a man unless you intend to shoot him
>and don't shoot a man unless you intend to kill him
>shoot to kill, or don't shoot at all
>no warning shots. warning shots are bullshit

Based retard IT was a book before the movie

>Phantasm was released in 1979
>IT novel was published in 1986

F

Attached: TheFly2_Sprocket.png (929x680, 562K)

you are correct sir, its enraging

inst it fucking british?

one of the most boring movies ever, and the dead people turning into midgets makes no sense
yes the balls are a nice gimmick and the actor has presence but cmon

I just watched Phantasm again and holy shit is it a good horror movie. It really feels like you're watching a nightmare and the idea that all of it is just a dream is heavily interwoven into the plot.

youtube.com/watch?v=cIG0COsZmjg

This shit gets me every time

>Dog will hunt
youtube.com/watch?v=PfvEdQbsWGw

Attached: chop top.jpg (480x360, 7K)

poor doggo

Attached: srg.gif (350x198, 499K)

and House on Haunted Hill

Attached: dr.jpg (889x1081, 88K)

Can someone post the soi horror graph?

Probably because nobody really does practical effects anymore, so you cannot get people on the cheap to whip up a monster costume and they can't afford proper CGI.

Why ?

That's what made it so great, everything was like a dream. I bet you hate Lynch movies too you silly cunt.

Attached: 4132487123.jpg (474x630, 55K)

Has anyone else noticed this?

I don't have it saved and I want to post it in a /tg/ thread

Attached: TCM.jpg (250x367, 46K)

You’re a faggot

in the first movie the tall man turns into a young
woman and lets the main character's brother
have sex with him and ejaculate into him...

>Anyone notice how much IT rips off this?
Actually the one IT really ripped off was Phantoms by Dean Koontz, everything from the evil being a space thingy living under the town, all King added was a an underage girl being gangbanged by her friends.

is this movie the same as suspiria?

Based

King is a hack and I never understood why people love him so much. Most of his stuff was terrible. Also he has a lot of underage sex stuff in his books.

Thuh ultimate in Terror breh

Attached: ultimate_terror.jpg (182x268, 9K)

No, not at all. It's about a girl (Jennifer Connelly) going to a swiss private school. Turns out she can control insects, then her roommate disappears and she tries to find her with the help of Donald Pleasense. Weird but fun horror movie, also spawned the long Clock Tower horror game series.

Oh wait, is it cool and subversive to hate A24 now?

Attached: b89d99c116733e78d3c4975ca7e9da0b.jpg (1080x1600, 355K)

is the movie good?

>Deep Rising

Underrated as fuck and entertaining as hell.

Me, I really like The Wicker Man. Just perfect movie all around. I also like 28 Days Later.

/kino/

Attached: terrifier.jpg (1410x867, 72K)

Tarantino is starting to look just like the Tall Man, it's hilarious.

Attached: dims.jpg (1000x655, 73K)

Not really, it doesn't capture the book very well beyond the first 20 minutes. I do recall the older sister being hot, which made me enjoy the movie to some extent.

lmao I knew he reminded me of something

Why is Amazon Prime so fucking great for horror? I mean it has absolutely loads of cheap 80s slashers and underrated titles like Splinter.

>horror movie thread
Everyone ITT is based. Original dawn holds a special place in my heart

Attached: dawn.jpg (400x600, 42K)

Salem's Lot is pretty good, but this right here is the greatest vampire movie ever made
>"Vampires"
>directed by John Carpenter
>starring James Woods

Attached: vampires_poster.jpg (250x372, 22K)

Almost all of carpenters films are fucking solid.

Attached: Grey-Matter-Art-002.jpg (1200x900, 219K)

if you havent check from dusk till dawn 3, for such a low budget is quite good

Based and incomingmailpilled

john carpenter has this thing where he can make the silliest shit become manly and cool.

Attached: assault.jpg (335x475, 24K)

Based thread
Can any of you fellas recc me some good creature features? The weirder the better

Attached: tumblr_n825vhwacK1qedb29o1_400.gif (400x221, 1.85M)

rawhead rex
just kidding

The Relic

prophecy given the fact that it was in the late 70s

>I never understood why people love him so much
He has a great imagination which lends itself to the genre he has influenced. That and he is a champion of it: a good portion of my 80s horror paperbacks, for example, are applauded by King and have an obligatory recommendation quote. Without him, better writers that have followed would have been overlooked.

His prose always starts arguments but his short stories are his best work.

you know the more famous right?

>all King added was a an underage girl being gangbanged by her friends.
Seriously, what the fuck was up with that?

Just watched the third Phantasm with a friend of mine last night. We’ve been slowly working our way through the series and have enjoyed each one, though for different reasons I still like the original most. It has a very comfy feeling to it.

they wanted to leave their childhood behind

Obvious but also understandable

Attached: The_Thing_(1982)_theatrical_poster.jpg (220x338, 37K)

I never get to post this so I'll just dump it here

Attached: horror-movie-villains-kill-count.jpg (950x9701, 905K)

>um, you're okay with pages upon pages of murder and abuse but one measly child gang bang scene is too much for you?
Steven King is a hack. Hes made up some good concepts for stories but his actual writings are trash. A lot of adaptations of his work are just better

Attached: 220px-Stephen_King,_Comicon.jpg (220x280, 17K)

Attached: entity.jpg (596x693, 166K)

The third act of Alien, taken by itself, the proper "horror movie" segment of the film. If you watch it by itself it makes a great one-act short film.

Just jumping in to say some of you guys have damn good taste. Phantasm in particular is kino.

Why aren't there more ghost rape movies? The Entity is still the top ghost rape movie.

The Unnamable.

>invisible man 1933
>122
the fuck?

My friend, you need to see the primo ghost rape movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=yL7Uj1WfKU4

>more ghost rape movies
devil fetus, the rape after and seeding of a ghost
from 80s honk kong

They're not on screen but iirc he goes crazy and murders a shit ton of people after going invisible

so just like the one with kevin bacon?

>Steven King is a hack. Hes made up some good concepts for stories but his actual writings are trash. A lot of adaptations of his work are just better
Well, Shining was better on the screen, but overall I have to say his books are better, hack as he is.

Worst movie adaption is likely Dark Tower.

No.

He kills a couple of cops and pedestrians, the bulk of his kills are from derailing a train

Deathwatch is an overlooked gem.

Attached: Deathwatch 1.jpg (1200x772, 126K)

>the greatest vampire movie ever made
it sucked. woods was great as always but this was the beginning of carpenter using that stupid fading during fight scenes which totally ruins the action, (he went full retard with that on ghosts of mars), and then that ending where they just let them go. makes zero sense considering woods' character's whole life has been about eradicating vampires.

then thats not really a kill isnt it? its like saying tarkin killed 4 billion for blowing alderaan

If a slasher cuts the breaks of a car and the people crashed and died I'd consider that a kill.

Shiki, the anime remake, was better. Fuck if I know how

but then glass woul be the first by taking down a plane and a train right?

I was disappointed by that movie. It's barely horror and there's no reason I ever want to watch it again besides for Sheryl Lee

Attached: images.jpg (348x145, 6K)

Attached: reanimator9.jpg (1052x1600, 503K)

did you suffer a stroke

Based and fulcipilled

Someone recently put this in the same class as Return of the Living Dead. Is this true?

Demons 1-2 indoctrinated me into italohorror

Attached: demons_600.jpg (600x338, 31K)

made me feel uncomrfortably horny t bh

Attached: demons 2.gif (500x307, 1.91M)

Based goat-titty monster poster.

That was his bro. Killing him and his new girl right off just seemed wrong.

About right, yeah.

Damn the photo and lighting was always so good in giallo movies.

he gives them one day

his bro who lied to him about being bit and endangered them all. letting them go would allow them to infect even more innocents. can't spend the whole movie hellbent on ending the vampire menace and then at the end getting all sentimental about things.

Real classic.

Same kind of dry 80s humour, yeah. The situation and how it plays out has that surreal hilarity to it.

I used to love these movies as a kid, it's a really unique horror movie.

Attached: image.jpg (1515x2237, 236K)

Fuck yeah, both are some of my favorite kino to get drunk while watching

>the sleep of reason... Gives rise to monsters *80s metal plays*

Ah-ha... I’ve always thought there is something about this possessed undead tho. I think nobody has ever done anything about it since this “Demons”. What da heck is going on here ????

Attached: 3587CAA9-1DF2-4EDF-ABA8-CF4A5F0D1B4B.gif (220x220, 583K)

Based pumpkinhead poster

>it comes at night
>midsomar
>hereditary
>the vvitch
Those sucked ass, and they try to be 2deep4u. I hate the meme s o i horror but it fits. I saw Last Shift recently and I really liked it. Nothing new, but down really well and it creeped me out.

Was that the one with the Appalachian (?) guy that summoned it to take revenge for his son being accidentally killed? Wish we had more folklore-ish horror like that

Attached: 8893591A-C307-4300-9872-54D1FCBEFD98.jpg (1276x1800, 568K)

Yeah. There’s like I think 4 movies in total and they progressively get worse. Still enjoyable but bad.

I just hate how they get hailed as some sort of savior of the horror genre but ultimately are just boring trash.

Does horror-comedy count?
inb4 basedjack spam

Attached: MV5BNGZlN2Q2NmYtODdjNi00NjJlLWI5NzYtN2Y5NjIzYWUxOWU5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg (2288x3196, 827K)

wat

Attached: 1f914.png (512x512, 44K)

>the weird callback from the portal hum to the guitar tuning fork.
There are a lot of little details in this movie but none of them make a lick of sense. It's wonderful.

shhh don't rouse him! i think he might be sleep posting

Checked. I'm guessing English isn't your first language because that shit makes no sense

It annoyed me the whole movie, he seemed so out of place with his balding uglo cousin.

Scariest kino I've ever seen

love this series
love this 'gearing up' scene
youtube.com/watch?v=fGpX38OOiFE

It's not really horror, but it's comfy, I'll allow it.

my nigger

The Scream and Child's Play franchises so far. Need to watch Halloween, Nightmare on Elm St and Friday the 13th at some point. Love the older films. Don't have (many of) those stupid cheap jumpscares.

In that case

Attached: F8C0C4D0-E80A-479E-A6A0-79833CEAB32F.jpg (460x640, 99K)

For standalone movies, definitely Dolls for sure

absolute kino
>MONSTER COCK STUCK IN THE DOOR!

also, am I the only autist here?
>want to watch horror series
>must watch in order and finish one series before I begin another
Seen couple of these movies (Chucky, Scream, Freddy etc.) but I'm still stuck at the friday the 13th ones. Last summer I watched 1-7 in a week and I burnt out. A month ago I watched 8 but it was so unbelievably shitty I still couldn't continue with 9.

forgot the damn movie

Attached: MOV_c02bf541_b.jpg (283x400, 34K)

>Ghosts of mars
That movie was gloriously stupid.

>Alien ghosts are turning everyone into rage monsters! Quick take some space cocaine to stop them from possessing you!

Attached: creepshow.jpg (1080x1693, 388K)

Attached: p2478_v_v8_aa.jpg (960x1440, 226K)

meteor shit

My fucking nigga.

Attached: citadel-poster.jpg (640x426, 23K)

Attached: MV5BY2NiNTkzN2YtY2IyOC00NjQwLWIyYTItYzc0OWIxMzc4YTBlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg (1961x2909, 1.16M)

>Hurrrr I'm so clever

Attached: IMG_4789.jpg (800x800, 92K)

I know you meant to say Near Dark is the greatest

Attached: Near-Dark.jpg (1000x684, 58K)

Except Ghosts Of Mars, right?

Right?

Silly faggot

They're OK movies that are massively overrated

But what if they're actually good?

user, no one's judging you for having a stroke. We just want to know you're okay.

REC

Attached: 3AF2005E-B494-4521-970A-63F041FB474C.jpg (764x764, 68K)

>mfw he says the bride wasn't best Recgirl

Attached: s634.png (592x320, 255K)

the scene where the monster facefucks the girl

Attached: Beijing_bouddhist_monk_2009_IMG_1486.jpg (1704x2272, 852K)

haha okay this is based... this is deep

Attached: 7199C3C8-58B2-4CA6-9CE1-11E66239B068.jpg (600x600, 43K)

Rob Zombie ripped off that tagline in some lyrics

yes we only like jump scares now

they are based

and Hereditary is cringe, don’t watch it

Same thing that happened to a lot of speciality cable channels. "diversification of programming"
Some channels had the common decency to rename themselves, but most didn't. Fucking AMC airs more episodic shows than actual movies, just like MTV doesn't actually play music videos or really anything related to music.

Exists

The Dark Tower is not only the worst adaptation, but it is in fact the worst movie ever made

she’s hot, but angela was my first love.
i miss the good old FF days

Attached: 07A3CBF4-C1A1-4DBE-8382-0B6C7B597FBA.jpg (1920x1040, 232K)

'ate claire

love me wood nymph gf

simple as

because he's dead and the younger brother is imagining him

I still haven't actually watched it. I'm a bit afraid to. The promos looked so fucking bad I'm worried it might literally make me have a brain aneurysm or something.
Worst ever made is a bold claim when stuff like She and Omega Doom are out though though.

Attached: 8D59C18C-EE84-429C-87C7-6E42AD7753DD.jpg (256x354, 34K)

Based

Attached: 1523482430917.jpg (1910x1070, 233K)

I just loved the books for a long time and the movie was so bad that it ruined the entire series for me (similar phenomenon happened for World War Z).
it was too much to try to tackle in one movie, and instead of fleshing it out, they tried to cram it all into one movie to the point where it barely even resembles the books at all.

also Roland is white reeeee

reminded me that I got the 1080 rip of Operation Avalanche. I should rewatch it soon.

Yes. I'd say it's better though because Jeffrey Combs' acting is 10/10. Every line is perfect.

I'm with you on that. I don't really care about the skin color, but when I saw in the promos Roland saying that the gunslingers were all dead or whatever, that was probably the biggest red flag. If you didn't understand the value Roland placed on himself and the gunslinger tradition that way, you really had no business even trying to make an adaptation to begin with.

He's a literal alien capturing bodies to sell as slaves