Serious question

What was the point of Army Dog?

Attached: 1469235861489.jpg (612x792, 99K)

light hearted entertainment for families with kids. maybe especially military families

Superior petkino coming through.

Attached: 1554949707721.jpg (630x1200, 178K)

Military recruitment tool

>the voice of eric roberts
ok this I have to see

>that scene where army dog accidentally killed a civilian in his own house and killed everyone else so nobody could tell
What was the point of this?

Alarmingly low effort

The 30 minute scene of the village getting napalm bombed went too far in my opinion

normalize gore and torture between children

looks like a blart shart edit

I can appreciate trying to tell an honest story of a returning veteran but did they really need the scene where army dog is spat on and called a baby killer?

>the scene where army dog has to tear the bullets out of the villagers with his teeth so they cant be traced back to his unit

>executive producer: Sam Raimi
oh god this explains everything in the movie

It's the unofficial sequel to Starship Troopers in which Johnny Rico didn't get killed in Klendathu. They just changed the names and the setting just enough to not get sued.

Does she take the knot?

>>executive producer: Sam Raimi
>oh god this explains everything in the movie
Holy fucking shit, this is actually true! Is that why the meme was started?

All memes aside, has anyone actually watched Army Dog?

Attached: vesimeloni.jpg (204x273, 11K)

go back to r.eddit

yes, i watch it every veteran's day

>that scene where army dog's best friend steps on a landmine and musters all his strength to tell AD he's a "good boy" one last time

>"Army dog! you're going to burn that fucking gook village to the ground right now! That is an order!"
>"woof woof, but there are still children in the building LT Parker sir woof woof."
>"God fucking dammit army dog I will shoot you the fuck down if you do not unfuck yourself!"
>"woof woof, we were supposed to be liberators."
I thought it was really interesting to see that Army Dog takes place in the Raimi Spider-Man cinematic universe and that Uncle Ben served alongside Army Dog

Attached: young uncle ben.jpg (300x300, 15K)

I agree. How could they have known how many babies he killed (47, in the director's cut). They weren't there, man. They weren't there, and they didn't know what it was like.

After Army Dog saves her from the Vietcong

More importantly, what was the point of all the gore? And did they really have to use real donated corpses?

>that scene where Army Dog just sat around helping the South Koreans learn how to fight
Did it seriously need to take 10 minutes?

If you think the original Army Dog has too much gore, then you definitely don't want to see the My Lai Mutt cut.

Attached: a Sam Raimi movie.png (580x849, 698K)

>that scene where Army Dog gives the little Vietnamese girl his squeaky after her village got napalmed
>later we find out that the girl and her family were tortured and killed by the Vietcong for fraternizing with the enemy

The scene where Army Dog slaughters the school full of gook children as a revenge for his buddy's death was a bit too far, honestly.

>want to be great director and do the next Citizen Kane
>go tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt to get useless film studies degree from prestigious film/art school
>make some low budget art films, going further into debt
>get desperate, take job bagging groceries in hometown, old peers look down on you
>desperate to get back into film, move to Los Angeles, become waiter
>struggle for a couple years, until finally a friend gets you a position as a production assistant
>fight for a couple more years to get the opportunity to direct
>tiny budget, know if you make an unsuccessful movie you'll never get another film deal, and no art film you make will make any money
>production company tells you to make a generic family film about a talking animal that's guaranteed to make money off children's programming
>make money, earn decent middle class income from it
>meet a girl, get married, have kids
>want to keep being a director
>sign a contract to make Army Dog 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

To teach us the truth about what happened over there user