3 days later, I am still infuriated

3 days later, I am still infuriated.

Attached: 1545752938755.jpg (1024x1024, 676K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gematrix.org/?word=GALAH SAMFY TOM BFAOM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nynave being a nigger was absolutely unnecessary
Let’s say you must absolutely have one nigger because of diversity quotas. You go with Perrin. Ok why not? I could maybe buy that shit.
And to show you’re really progressive you cast Egwene as a poo as well. She kind has white features. That’s stretching things really thin but for the sake of this show being made, I’m willing to go along with it.
But Nynaeve too? Why? This is absolutely egregious and deliberately disrespectful to the source material.
A 50%+ diversity casting for a beloved fantasy series. This is a disaster in the making.

>reading fiction

Attached: 1452186325694.png (500x338, 44K)

>Why
Showrunner is an Egwene fag that doesn't "understand" Nynaeve. We all know that Egwene's favourite past time is torturing and raping Nynaeve.

Just don't watch it. When they pozzed the witcher, I didn't argue or complain, I just said, "i'm not watching" and then erased the whole irritation about it from my memory.

Christ thats horrendous

Some fans are actually arguing that Nynaeve and co were black the whole time!

This story never stood a chance against SJW’s.

I always assumed they were white because of book covers and "fantasy europe".

That being said if they aren't, I ain't mad.

What DOES bother me though is if they are inconsistent to their village. Medieval era towns weren't multicultural/ethnic largely due to travel time. People's ethnicities were grouped per region. Only exception is if you live in a port town where lots of different people move through.

But a remote village? I don't think so.

As an aside, I'm black.

Dark hair? Curls? Dark eyes? Must be a PoC!
Sallow Irish? Basque? Welsh? Sicilians? Never heard of them!

its amazing that people think black people have curly hair

The problem for me is when normalfags that haven't read the books start pushing the actors as the look for the characters. I was looking forward to the show producing some good fanart, but with the characters looking nothing like they should then I won't even have that to look forward to.

Fuck Rafe, fuck KHCasting and fuck Sanderson.

They aren't medieval, they have teleportation methods. The real issue is that those methods have been forgotten for thousands of years by the beginning of the story, the starting village being so remote the kingdom in which they reside in haven't taxed them in centuries because they forgot they even exist necessitating ethnic homogeny, their characters's blood explicitly stated to be strongly related to the ancient fallen kingdom which was based on their villag contradicting their mixed makeup even while allowing outsiders intermingling, contradicting Mat being white \ them being black, contradicting Rand thinking his adoptive father is his real one when he's a fucking nigger, and of course finally contradicting the very source material which states that the characters aren't dark skinned at all but simply tanned by having the main character's race distinguished from the others by lifting his sleeve to reveal pale skin, and finally spitting in the face of the theme of a fractured world filled with homogenous ethnic cultures each beautiful in their own right needing to be brought together to face the greater evil, but of course ethnicity has nothing to do with culture unless it's a wh*toid in which case it's disgraceful cultural appropriation of it's an ethnic celebration like Black Panther in which case it's woke af and yas.

Get
A
Life
And
Have
Sex
After
Marriage
Fulfill
Yourself
Through
Other
Means
Besides
Fiction
And
Outrage
Marketing

>GALAH SAMFY TOM BFAOM
What? What kind of message is this?

gematrix.org/?word=GALAH SAMFY TOM BFAOM
It's a "hymn to the fallen".

>because of diversity quotas
THE FUCKING BOOKS ALREADY DELIVERED DIVERSITY QUOTAS

READ THEM, RAFE

i have 0 idea what this is. reported for offtopic. Go back to /books / or /anime/ faggot

Los ogros de las americas...

Attached: 1538801151451.jpg (410x898, 134K)

bunch of darkfriends

What show did they ruin this time? Honestly since when do niggers read fantasy? Even the few niggers that do understand where they belong. But they're throwing away money trying to appeal to the wrong culture. Remember when elves were fair and beautiful? Yeah, 100% no black man wants a black elf. Fuck outta here

Attached: 1564098181097m.jpg (1000x1024, 24K)

This. Won't be watching Witcher or Wheel of Time. After their social propaganda ruined GoT, I'm not going to sit here and have some fucking loser who was handed the keys to these franchises retroactively change the source material to coincidentally match 2019 leftist propaganda "achtyulally....The USA has a history of racism and therefore Triss is actually black"

Fuck you. Won't watch.

>in high fantasy races are not by skin color but by actual species of humanoid
>elf, dwarf, halfling, tiefling, orc, troll, goblin etc
>let's ignore that aspect of race and racism and throw in useless non fantasy skin colors
>let's ignore that you can be racist again green people and just make nobody racist.

Lmaooo

Yennefer is SO FUCKING UGLY HOLY SHIT.

This black washing of characters is an insult to everyone, white and black.

Incel tears are unironically the most delicious of all. Seriously, your anger brightens my day so much. It felt so good to read your bitter, hate filled posts. Thank you.

The black washing of gingers****

Perrin and Egwene are the worst characters in all of fantasy literature. Making Egwene an Abo is hilarious. One day, you'll understand.

A true fan made this series.

This is nothing, imagine when you see the casting for something you actually care for, like the LOTR series.

>A true fan made this series.
favourite_character_is_egwene.jpg
hardest_character_to_write_is_nynaeve.jpg

>like the LOTR series.
How mad do they get knowing that they'll never be able to take this from us?

Attached: 1550689806188.jpg (1024x768, 228K)

bet you think rian saved star wars too

>dude as long as the performance is good who cares about how they look

Disregarding the innumerable paradoxes that arise and the besmirched overarching cultural and mythological themes of the books, this impossible ideal that appearance doesn't matter is nothing but a feel-good liberal tool used to court the masses, contradicted in every slip-of-the-tongue during early office hours and unfounded presumptions after shootings. Yes, appearance does matter. It matters a lot.

To say that the visuals in television, indeed in film, don't matter is like saying the words don't matter in a book, a completely nonsensical statement that would have been taken as a joke in any time other than this schizophrenic society forever forced into an identity stupor.

But to go even further beyond, the visuals, the symbols, are inherent in literature, expected to be loyally and lovingly portrayed in film, namely:

Rand's towering stature and fiery red hair, like the gods of war in myth, echoing tales forgotten and tales that haven't yet been told, his awkward farmer's spirit in his warrior's body on the outskirts of a village filled with people not quite like them is central to the first trilogy.

Perrin's bulky and intimidating build, reflecting his will to effort and strife despite his apparent lack of extraordinary ability, contrasting his serious but shy and gentle personality and clean shaven face, later ironically and tragically covered by a beard as he accepts his capability of violence and its necessity.

Egwene's bewitching and youthful good looks, identifying her as the pearl of the village yet underlying brutal masculine ambition beyond her age.

Nynaeve's tough exterior betraying some elements of femininity, outlying her need to be in control contrasted by vulnerabilities and compassion yet bolstered by her undeniable heroism and loyalty (where is her singular braid?).

All except Mat being uniformly betrayed in their representations. This is not canon, it's not anything.

I don't watch Star Wars anymore.

Great post user.

>murica

They will never take Warhammer from us. These Slaanesh worshippers have already been named.

Feel for those poor souls who got wheel of time tattoos

Checked

same

Attached: kill me now.jpg (500x578, 21K)

Broadly agree, but I do like the casting of Rand.

He's only six foot two.

This motivates me, but I don't want to think about it

I thought they’d cast a cute Egwene at least. I guess those days are in the past. Can’t wait to see who is casted for Elayne lol.

Attached: E228A4C0-0F50-46DF-8418-D0C854149233.jpg (1920x1080, 286K)

I read he's 6'3, might be wrong. They can make him look bigger.
It depends how tall the rest of the cast is, I know Rosamund Pike is 5'9 but she should do well.

Idris Elba in a wig

perfect post

>They can make him look bigger.
Like they made the Hobbits look smaller in LoTR? I'm game for that.

sullied by replies, really

lel that might not be necessary. Lifts in his boots could make him 6'4/6'5 which is about right.

They could do that with the ogier and trollocs to make them look massive.

I am pretty sure this is the announced cast for the wheel of time or something so it´s /pol/ relevant, i mean Yea Forums relevant. So difficult to tell these days.

>where's ma bitch at

Attached: perrin_aybara.jpg (800x1000, 198K)

Rand should be taller, the rest I can ignore as "meh whatever", it'ls already fucked up.

Holy shit! Get some fucking periods and make your shit readable. I feel like you have a point but I'm not reading that literal never-ending sentence.

Ogier are going to be like 6'4"

that black girl is cute dont know what book/anime/whatever they shit on though. sorry for your loss

>BLACK PEOPLE BAD
fuck you, op

Best post on Yea Forums today

>BLACK PEOPLE
It's niggers

>niggers, niggers, niggers
Why is it always fucking niggers man

Hey, your post just made me remember when they made Misa the protagonist of the live action Death Note on Netflix. [email protected]

one of the best characters in the book is black & female. the series is already diverse, there was no reason to change the race of any characters

you fucking snowflakes are literally the most triggered fucks in existence

literally who gives a shit?
watch the show or don't you faggots

Don't worry I bet they'll make her white and the rest of the cultures diverse in turn.

:)

Get over yourself and stop being a deliberate retard.

Was that a short enough sentence for you, moron?

No, the biggest snowflake is the person who gets triggered when other people discuss something they don't want them to discuss, aka you, dilating tranny

why don't you go site over there before I rape your fucking dog you ugly fuck

Who cares. These books are horrible and its fans are the bottom of the barrel when it comes to fiction.
This would be like someone complaining about big bang theory or something.

Then they came for me.

So, I don't care what they do to the characters since they're totally malleable due to the concept of the universe. What I'm kind of concerned with is the fanbase. Is this really what we are? Insane racists and retards?

they made sure to make Matt the only white Two Rivers boy because he ends up with her. got to push that white male black female shit (((they))) all love

the similarian will probably have the first ever black people

>calls others triggered snowflakes
>reacts like this

Attached: (you).jpg (472x518, 107K)

whats this

Fiction is fiction, sometimes old material has to adapt to new standards, that's why writers and editors have to know the perspective of their audience and adapt accordingly.

I’m not that guy but fucking kill yourself you kike nigger faggot bitch

Dark elf? Must be a nigger!

>editors have to know the perspective of their audience and adapt accordingly
Intentional or not this is hilarious

What is this, some Bollywood garbage? Fuck off.

Ha ha fumby

Why do people make themselves suffer watching all this forced sjw diversity garbage? Just stick with 80s and 90s classics like I do. We will never have a fun film ever again.....

Attached: 1560768264873.jpg (264x374, 55K)

this casting blows, right enough, but anybody (that's actually a fan) else just think a live action WoT was always going to be kind of garbage?
i s'pose i am a bit of a toonfag but this series has always been Epic Animu in my noggin.

Attached: incogrando.gif (388x600, 67K)

Is Wheel of time worth a read? How is it compared to The Witcher for example?

Not quite. I'm not a lunatic where a different character choice than the narrow concept I had in my mind would upset me.

It's not. More bloated than GoT, horrid prose, and characters written by an author whose only positive creative quality was output.

It's worth it if you've got the patience for it

Shame. I loved reading Conan as a kid.

haven't read the witcher but WoT is considered maximum comfy fantasy. starts in a shire ripoff then splits off in to each of the characters doing mostly their own thing building up to a final battle against The Dark One which spans several battle fields. also the main character the literal messiah is slowly driven insane by his power.

tons of fetish stuff if you read between the lines, girls get spanked with slippers and others wear slave collars

I used to cringe and these threads but now I'm a connoisseur. It's always fun to find out what the rightards are raging about today.

Attached: 1565540512538.jpg (526x1258, 173K)

It’s fun, BTFOs Witcher in terms of quality, but the other user said it right that’s it’s majorly bloated. Get ready for most of the middle to be hunting forsaken.

>narrow concept I had in my mind
the main character a ginger has to be able to blend in with the rest of the Two Rivers characters. this is a plot point brought up several times though the series. what they've done is no different than casting a bunch of nigs to play Eskimos

I wonder if you’re serious.

hmm, now I actually conisder to read it. Fantass genre is dead anyway and there is nothing to read so I can give it a chance.

ahahahah imagine being such a fucktard that you really type all this and think that pressing return after every word will give some importance to your message

good thing I started reading this just a while ago

I agree it's pretty slow but comfy overall

>blah blah blah I have no IQ

We get it dude you’re PC and super in with the young ladies, bye bye now.

those top four pics are shit. try fining some diversity hiring that doesn't make the property worse and maybe you'd have a point

You’ll have a good time with at least the first three, so yeah! Have fun, hope it’s enjoyable!

What is something that you enjoy as a fan?
Wouldn't you be upset if it was damaged by people who don't care about it?

Thanks mate. I guess I skip the adaptation.

BROWN PEOPLE BAD

Ik this is bait, but it dose make me a little angry to imagine a person who actually things this is what’s being said itt

dont argue with npc's you'll make them mad

Have sex

Then what's being said? The OP's picture is literally three brown people captioned with "this triggers me".

Don't do literally anything, you'll trigger the npcs and prompt another mass shooting.

Attached: 1565194737187.jpg (1242x1279, 465K)

>no u

It is healthy and really normal to hate the people that hate you, friend

There is a whole thread about it right above your post, bait or not you I would bet my whole life savings on you have less then 90 IQ

read the thread

They have nothing but disingenuity, malice and stupidity as reasons to defend this casting.

>less then

Nah I'm good.

Nope

Grammar correctors have a 99% rate of IQ scores below 90. FACT

I hate Graendal. She made people into furniture for no good reason.

Wasn't a grammar correction, m8. You used the wrong word. You're really bad at larping as somebody who isn't actually retarded so why don't you go back to raging about casting choices you don't like. Leave intellectualism to people who don't get in their feelings about dragonshit.

t. Semirhage

>not wanting to be Graendal's footstool
fag

When they adapt the King killer series the main character will be a black assassin fucking all the white chicks. Screencap this

Eh, I'd already written it off. TV is pretty much just left-wing propaganda at this point.

If a brown person is cast in a TV show, and a rightard isn't around to watch it, does he still screech autistically?

>implying I'd allow myself to get BTFO by a brush

poo

>white

You sure? Has a touch of the goblin about him.

Attached: DGZbkKvXsAAhHDq[1].jpg (960x1200, 152K)

>releases badgers
>(they're covered in cocoa)

The thing that is so dishonest about the defenders of this type of casting is that they say ‘why do you care, it’s just skin color’ but they obvious are casting people specifically because they have a certain skin color.

On a deeper level, I don't care because Lord of the Rings was ruined and so was Game of Thrones, and even Shannara and Legend of the Seeker were too. Just totally ruined. Utterly and completely. Why care?

>We will never get Seda's complete vision
Feels bad.

When someone says "why do you care, it's just X" then you can always answer "if it's just X, why change it?" and they will never reply again.

Why did he have to die? Why? This perfectly existent man, who had a Facebook account and an online obituary, did not deserve to be taken away from the Wheel of Time community.

>I’m black and I ain’t mad if my race gets overrepresented by a factor of 5 in all facets of modern media.

Dang why ain’t you mad doe?

Whatever, loser.

Dragonlance was ruined, too, btw. They just took a massive shit on that one. I can't imagine why anyone would want any book they enjoy adapted at this point. Just leave it on the page.

How did they ruin it, other than what they did to themselves by churning out Trek novel tier garbage? The core books are good stories and good characters with fairly amateurish writing that can be forgiven. As far as I know they just tried the one animated movie which they didn't promote properly and then abandoned. A solid 6 season series covering the first 6 books could be amazing... in another time when it won't get pozzed into oblivion. Raistlin is a stronk black lesbian, Caramon is a tran-man, and Flint is a suave black man who takes over plowing Goldmoon.

Imagine having a life this pathetic.

Lefties only enjoy destruction.

How does this end up happening when Amazon is in charge? I understand in Hollywood where identity politics and nepotism are integral to the process this woke stuff is common but Amazon is a major publicly traded company where you have hardcore bean counters watching over profits like hawks yet these casting choices almost guarantee a commercial failure.

The "animation" was almost motion-comic tier. I'm guessing the entire budget went to Kiefer Sutherland. He did a good job.

Are you kidding? Amazon is run by the same batch of ideologues as just about every other tech company.

Let's all sell our AMZN as protest

bezos is a massive lefty and it'll be free through prime which makes its money from shipping. they dont care about quality only content, also being woke worked for netflix even though people out sub to that for the office

Is that the cast of the new Good Times TV show?

Wasn't aware of that as I never saw it. Not a big animation fan. But I still wish it could be done as a 6 season series. First three cover Chronicles and the other three cover Legends, then done. Would give each book room to breathe and allow prevent cramming you'd get in movies, since each of the books is divided into two sections that don't compress well into one film.

this is who robert jordan wanted but getting this cast is literally impossible

Attached: wot.png (679x409, 250K)

ages come and pass so eventually this cast will be possible

lol, please watch it.

>incel
Metafilter misses you, cuck.

This is a good thing.

Did anyone else pick up a bit of wehraboo vibe from RJ? The Ashaman dressed like SS, the ubermench Aiel, the scene in New Spring where the Aiel sort of mass heil Lan, militarism and martial prowess in general being glorified, the macho will power ethos of Lan, Tam, Rand, the old blood stuff. Also the Darkfriends scheming together in the shadows and several villains physical appearance seemed stereotypically merchant like.

as opposed to straight hair thats a white feature, kek, kys

No

>wehraboo
I didn't know this term existed until now. I stopped using the Internet in January. You have blessed me.

everything you just said can be summed up with masculinity good, femininity bad. never forget women fucked all of society after the breaking and Rand is as much an antidote to that as he is for the Dark One

>dude as long as the performance is good who cares about how they look
I would be okay with this excuse if there wasn't such a blatant double standard. This shit is only ever used when it's a white character being blackwashed, NEVER when a non-white character gets turned white. I could respect these hacks just a bit if they could just stick to this principle for every casting, but it always goes straight out of the window when a black character is being cast. Then it's absolutely unimaginable to even consider casting based on performance instead of race.

Fuck these "people".

>Can’t wait to see who is casted for Elayne lol.
Hoping for Molly Quinn, she's a fan and fits the looks. Fuck it, I don't even care that Egwene is an abo-mination and Perrin is a nigger, they suck anyway. Brown Nyn I can deal with if they make her cute, bonus points if Lan stays white and COLONIZES her brown pusy. Rand and Mat are great castings and best boys in the first place, who cares about the retarded cunts?

those are kinda classic fantasy tropes desu
only lately would they seem "unWoke" or nonPC or whatever the fuck is considered heresy these days

Why exactly do you demand that Egwene be a white actress?

Because the Two Rivers folk are white. Darker than a ginger, sure, but still close enough that to see a difference in skintone you need to compare untanned skin.

Now they're a mix. What's the major upset in terms of story concerns?

The weirdest thing is that they could've literally just used hispanics and it would've been more accurate, but "diversity" to SJWs means just niggers and nothing else.

>muh optics
The tale is all that matters.

either black for YAASS QUEEEN or lily white blonde so her mother can get BLACKED by Rahvin

The village/area they're from has been isolated for centuries and they are literally excited for their yearly merchant visit. Even shit like moving to the next village over for work or marriage was super rare. It literally becomes a plot point later on in the series when the village starts to get more people from outside due to immigration and war refugees. If they really wanted to brownwash them, they should've at least chosen a single look for everyone, as it is now this supposedly isolated village has everyone being a different ethnicity which makes no fucking sense.

Hello, everyone on Yea Forums's Yea Forums board. I'm here from Tor. I'm supposed to, uh, "control the narrative," or something. lol! Trying to do so ironically so that you won't notice.

Character appearances are a part of the tale you dishonest fuck.

are you crying? are you actually crying right now you big baby?

see

Also the old Aes Sedai banner is very similar to the red with white disk and black symbol inside of the third Reich.

I care more for WoT, but I am overjoyed that they have no way of touching the LotR movies.

Attached: maxresdefault (4).jpg (1280x720, 65K)

?

Attached: light.gif (500x350, 4K)

Weren't the books eviscerated?

LotR or WoT? I guess you mean Sanderson. I really liked what he did with it with the exception of the merchant storyline.

yeah dude enunciating with cool guy web slang means you’re right

I was referring to the Chrissy Tolkien quote there, but I like what you did with that reply.

just because the Ashaman have black leather coats and their military ranks are Stormleader and Assault Storm Leader, doesn't mean they are real nazis, even if they oppose the Tar Valon matriarchy and are literally walking avatars of toxic masculity... Robert Jordan might have been a time traveller in hindsight

funniest shit is still Tar Valon, capital of the female Aes Sedai, being a bagina shaped island with a giant ivory tower in the shape of a benis rising in the middle of it
and the crazy cat ladies living in said ivory colour tower...

Attached: TarValondragonmounte.jpg (1865x1007, 410K)

>change source material to make characters non-white knowing people will be bothered
>they complain about it
>OMG WHITE SUPREMACY IS ON THE RISE!
>repeat ad infinitum
this is the most tiresome timeline

Attached: 1560782703845.jpg (635x551, 76K)

the island even has a clit

>making the absolute worst characters into abos and negroes
Sorry, but Rafe seems based

>Nynaeve anything but best girl
all the two rivers will be non-white with the exception of Matt because he gets a black gf. this means Min and Elayne will probably be non-white too

>He's only six foot two.
I keep seeing this criticism posted, it's completely fucking retarded. It would be virtually impossible to find a decent actor who looks the part and is anywhere near 6'6. 6'2 is actually pretty good all things considered. I suspect this stupid height complaint is made by astroturfers trying to make the legitimate criticism of the rest of the cast seem petty.

It's so fucking tiresome. I've been checking plebbit and twitter because I'm desperate for any kind of WoT discussion and threads here were rare before the casting news and it's so fucking awful. They are pretty much clutching pearls and crying how they "can't believe the hate and racism of people responding to the casting" and how they "thought we would do better than what happened when the Witcher cast was announced" etc. I'm tired of these people first purposefully making changes that are going to cause criticism and then playing the victim when people are obviously giving that criticism. It's so fucking sleazy.

Min will be white but played by Hunter from Euphoria.

He's 6'3"

Ogier are just going to be tiny men stomping around in makeup and I hate it

I bet 9/10 posters complaining about it ITT will still watch it, and maybe even pay to own it eventually.

If any of you still watch this, or Witcher, or whatever, you’re part of the problem and the reason they’re making this garbage

There is no reason for me to follow anything he sais. The books and movies are both done and they can't do anything about it.

I’m not watching this shit. It already looks retarded and I would bet it’s a flop already.

I think pirating eveything is the real reason this sort of thing gets made without real complaint.

>you see Rand we're not like the other Two Rivers folk
>that's why we always lived apart from them on the farm
>you think they're your friends Rand but watch your back
>an Aybara did your mother in and those Cauthon fellows are all jews
>take my sword boy, you'll need it
>you're not like them and they know it
>we're not like them

Attached: Tam.jpg (1366x753, 118K)

I will watch it but won't be paying for it. I was going to get prime solely for this show if they didn't netflix the cast, but I won't do that anymore.

I won't. I have watched camrips of the last 2 Star Wars movies and that franchise meant a great deal to me. Will enjoy the webm's of rise of basedwalker.

I will be buying Cobra Kai S3 though.

same here

Why can't we have nice things?

>will be buying Cobra Kai S3 though.
brofist

>I will be buying Cobra Kai S3 though.
its insane how good a youtube show ended up being

Calling it now. Cobra Kai will die in the last episode saving his son.. Also Pajeet takes over the dojo.

Odds that this makes it to Dumai's Wells? How do you think they'll handle the big battle scenes and the later books with the reality warping shit?

The aes sedai will always save the day while the men look in awe.

Daniel-san will explode taking every fucking Cobra Kai with him. Those remaining will be knelt.

Min will probably be a dude.

And then him and miyagi use the choedan kal to purify martial arts for all mankind?

hopefully gets dropped by the end of the 1st book, 2nd if they're lucky

>getting infuriated over children's books

senpai...

try being older than 18 or younger than 70 next time, you can also always lurk moar

I just really want to see the weirder parts of the books put to video, like machin shin and when they teleport through the waystones through a million realities, the snakesnand foxes, etc. Will probably all be garbage but eh

I was here for the birth of Yea Forums, but had to take a break for a while.

The WoT subplebbit is over the top in praise of this shit, even acting like the cast is just like they imagined which is surreal. On the other hand the thread on the television sub was much more red pilled. I can’t tell if hardcore WoT fans are really that pozzed or if Amazon has 100 bot accounts there upvoting every positive post.

I find it hard to believe that you've never come across the term wehraboo in all this time

Fuck, man, I don't wan't to go into detail but something happened to me.

don't worry, I don't care

Lost in the ways? Machin shin eat your memory?

From what I've seen they have a massive stockholm syndrome which makes them defend literally every decision the production makes because they don't want to seem like a "toxic fanbase". I guess it stems from the fear that this is literally our only chance for an adaptation ever and they just want something, no matter how it turns out.

Every time I try to make a post there I get banned. Can someone explain this?

>I can’t tell if hardcore WoT fans are really that pozzed
probably this, it has a large female fanbase because muh Aes Sedai muh matriarchies. also reddit is pozzed

What are you posting about? Did you just make an account? They seem to be going overboard with banning if your first post is about the race of the cast, based on the recent modpost.

>delete any criticism
>OMG casting is 100% praised
Orwell would be proud

I try to post about normal things. I have an array of accounts dating back about a decade. Still get banned every time. I don't even try to post anymore.

Attached: ECNBtwTWwAIbBsL.jpg (900x1200, 121K)

tranny mods, probably

Attached: checked.jpg (320x250, 19K)

To be fair it seems to be contained to the plebbit and fans elsewhere are not as pozzed. It's funny seeing them cry how the comments on some article are "ignorant and racist" lmao. They pretty much consider pointing out that the cast IS darker than they canonically are racist, no matter how you say it. Someone was even saying that using the word homogeneous to describe how the TR people should look was coded racism or some bullshit like that.

No idea then. WoT is literally the only reason I have an account and I post pretty rarely if ever, but I've never been banned.

What's your account name?

Not gonna say. I don't want the retards over there figure it out and flat out dismiss everything I say because I'm an user. I've already seen them do this fucking internet detective shit in the posting history when someone doesn't follow the usual SJW talking points. They pretty much do the "hmm I see you have posted in X before so gotcha sweetie :)" -thing you'd expect from a parody of reddit, but they're dead serious.

Oh just say it dude. I'm XXXFaggotJuggalo now reveal yourself. Why conceal our accounts?

>all these unironic gay reddit crossposter itt
jesus wept

Attached: 1565437471669.jpg (539x717, 57K)

Based black man

Oh fuck off man, before the casting news I was literally one of the like three people who ever made WoT threads here. I had to discuss this shit somewhere because I've been hoping for a tv-series for over a decade.

Noam being retarded is my favorite scene but it's discourteous

then go and reclaim reddit, these threads attract the gayest sort of faggots just like GoT did, some good discussion sure but at what cost

>not making a dump around to troll with them

Reclaim it for what exactly? Reddit can burn for all I care. If the threads finally get more common here I'll just forget about that shithole because it no longer has any purpose for me.

Bela has been casted

Attached: 02FA84E1-3ABF-4821-827A-618050AC9D69.jpg (259x194, 6K)

>it's yet another "/pol/tard is angry that a book adaptation isn't 100% adapted from his head canon" episode
Every fucking time.

If you constantly keep thinking reasonable people are from /pol/ you might want to take a good look in the mirror and think what it says about yourself.

the books are already more diverse than most tv shows & head canon has nothing to do with it. fuck off back to discord tranny faggot

that's exactly the problem. reddit is where low quality low fantasy fandoms belong, it's one big containment site. fuck the endless GoT threads, and fuck your shit

Attached: 1565328891559.jpg (850x687, 113K)

Shut the fuck up nigger.

'ey, e're's a li'l smufn f'r ur gullet:

EGWENE IS TOTAL GARBAGE

>Headcanon

Attached: 81ZGDc0cYtL.jpg (1400x2257, 353K)

kiss my ass and take a long walk off a short pier, redditfaggot

Attached: consider the following.jpg (960x651, 118K)

Why did they cast a Trolloc as Egwene?

>worst girl
>is an abbo
only good casting desu

I can't wait to see the shienarans cast as a group of new yorkers, since America has a problem with racism. And then they can go to tear, where everyone can look like new yorkers since it's a big city. Then when they finally get to the aiel waste, everyone can look like a group of new yorkers, since America has a problem with racism.

I don’t see how they can do half that stuff justice without a billion dollar fx budget, not to mention the dozens of unique locals like Tar Valon or the blight. This series can only work in anime or Clones Wars format.

kek
I feel like you're underappreciated

>They aren't medieval, they have teleportation methods.
Yeah, but nearly the entire world was depopulated after than and resettled by the growth of small bands which, if history is any indication, would be some form of kin groups.

Other than that, you're generally correct.

>I always assumed they were white because of book covers and "fantasy europe".

Don't forget the official artwork and RJ's own casting choices.

This is my take as well.

It's glorious.

Is Perrin the most pussy whipped character in all of fantasy?

Faile outright tells him she wants to be bossed around.

Yeah. I mean it's going to be truly insane if they do it even 50% right for the locales, but my god. There's no fucking way. Rhuidean? The ways? Rand going insane and melting ten million trollocs is probably easy, but the battle in the Stone? Infinity billion dollars just on sets

His arc in book 4 was comfy but other than that he’s the worst main male character in the series. The only thing that might have made him interesting is he banged Beralain or whatever that big tittied lady was called and got stabbed by Faile as a result. Why did Min see a hawk and falcon on his shoulder if there was never an actual love triangle?

>Why did Min see a hawk and falcon on his shoulder if there was never an actual love triangle?
Mormonism

>Why did Min see a hawk and falcon on his shoulder if there was never an actual love triangle?
two women fighting over him

>Rhuidean
This was arguably the high point of the whole series and what elevated it above most young adult fiction (that and the “I have won again Lews Therin” multiverse segment) and it’s unfilmable with live action due to all the set changes and different actors but would be easy with animation.

I'm still not convinced there are people who genuinely think this. She's not as bad as Ewgene, sure, but getting a normal actress that ugly would take a crack team of plastic surgeons and the whole annual budget of the ATF.

>rest of the cultures diverse in turn.
It's funny because the Seanchan were the only polity in the series to have any actual racial diversity.

>anybody (that's actually a fan) else just think a live action WoT was always going to be kind of garbage?
Yes. I never wanted an adaptation.

And yet you flipped your shit over a Japanese character being cast as white in GitS. Funny how you shapeshift like that.

Not wrong, though.

Unironically the best Forsaken. Killed the Court of the Nine Moons and had the most hilarious defeat.

>macho will power ethos of Lan, Tam, Rand, the old blood stuff

Considering that Malkier is literally Japan, I think you're mixing metaphors a bit.

Anyone who thinks this casting is consistent with the story reveals that they haven't read the books.

Everything except perhaps Idris Elba is a harbinger for a drop in quality for the product

>Killed the Court of the Nine Moons
This was one of the few times in the later part of the books where the Forsaken actually seemed scary.

How was Malkier Japan? Are you thinking of Shienar?

Stormlight Archive is much better.

Than wot? Not even close.

It's what you deserve for committing the holocaust.

I'd say How do you think they'll handle the big battle scenes and the later books with the reality warping shit?

I'm not even sure they'll want to. This is where you start getting into things like Battle of the Blackwater at $5+ million an episode, and unless the show is pulling GoT-like numbers to cover that kind of outlay, they'll probably bow out after Rand kills Ishy at the end of TDR.

>I guess it stems from the fear that this is literally our only chance for an adaptation ever and they just want something, no matter how it turns out.
I've seen one post state this verbatim.

Stunning. Not to mention brave.

>His arc in book 4 was comfy but other than that he’s the worst main male character in the series.
I'm convinced he could have been cut. Have Rand deal with the high-concept channeling stuff and Mat the ground-level army fighting stuff and make that the dichotomy.

its more anime. can't wait for the wheelchair merchant to not get her legs back because able-ism yet a bridge carrier can regrow a full arm merely by being close to Kaladin

Malkier was probably at least partially based on the fall of Troy and Lan on Aeneas.

>They aren't medieval, they have teleportation methods.
The only "teleportation" method available until like book fucking 5 is The Ways, which nobody has used in thousands of years because of the black wind. Dumb nigger.

>It's what you deserve for ending the holocaust.
ftfy

This is also book one, dude's supposed to be like 13?

they're all 18-19 in book 1. they seem younger because they've lived sheltered lives

The used the stones in the second book.

The stones that nobody has been able to use since before the Breaking.

>How was Malkier Japan?
Aside from the 'Duty is heavier than a mountain, death is lighter than a feather' being lifted directly from Japan, Lan as a character basically embodies Bushido. He lives in acceptance of death, and is selflessly devoted to the service of a master. The way Malkier Aes Sedai tend to kamikaze into the Blight after being raised to the Shawl also plays into my impression.

Shienar has a lot of the same influences, though.

Brando at least knows how to do pacing.

A lot of the big fights in WoT always felt bizarrely placed; the Battle of Cairheim felt like a big climatic battle that had been building up for like a book and a half, but it gets put in the middle of Fires of Heaven, and the actual climax is Rand deciding to hop in the Skimmingmobile to go kill Rahvin, which he could have done at any time (especially after he got the Choden Kal).

The big Tarwin's Gap fight at the end of TEoW had next to no buildup, and this very little payoff. Dumai's Wells would have had the same problem if Asha'man Kill and Kneel to the Lord Dragon being payoff for six books of the Aes Sedai being busybodies and thundercunts.

>yet a bridge carrier can regrow a full arm merely by being close to Kaladin
Because he's using Stormlight, which doesn't seem to have the same time restrictions as regrowth. Leyten was able to walk even though his injury was months old, Drehy's anus un-prolapsed despite years of sodomy, etc.

Yeah man I'm sure every tom dick and congar is channeling enough one power to use a portal stone to hop through six dimensions every time they want to get a gallon of milk from taren ferry.

While they might have pretty shit pacing for the most part, Jordan is infinitely superior to writing battles since he's actually been in combat

>congar using the Portal Stones to buy milk

Thank you for this image. At least something good has come from this nightmare.

>The ways?
This one is pretty easy to CG, given how dark they are.

>Rhuidean
>Tar Valon
This is fair. Also, Ebou Dar.

>Jordan is infinitely superior to writing battles since he's actually been in combat
...Is he really?

>Because he's using Stormlight, which doesn't seem to have the same time restrictions as regrowth
the merchant girl is clearly being set up as a Knights Radiant, she'll get stromlight and im betting she still wont get her legs back

What gets me the most is how completely necessary this is given how diverse the setting/character roster already is.

Shows a complete willingness to disregard the source material in favour of the writers' own vision, and that's always a bad fucking sign when you're dealing with great authors and activist writers

Attached: 20859651_1003718119767859_8386698406000590848_n.gif (500x450, 899K)

Personally, I'm hoping for pic related as Elayne.

Attached: 5ac521cbdda4c85c668b45ba[1].jpg (900x506, 71K)

>the merchant girl is clearly being set up as a Knights Radiant
Everyone and their dog is becoming a Radiant. Kinda bothered me how many people got surgebinding near the end of Oathbringer.

Not as much as Jasanth bothers me, but still.

People who are fans of lesser known or dormant IPs are truly blessed in this current time. The worst thing I can imagine is something I love being adapted/rebooted/resurrected in clown world. If you love it, pray it stays untouched for now.

Sammael

lol you dumb nigger, we create literally everything.

>...Is he really?
He's a vietnam vet and died because of all the toxic shit he got exposed to there.

Why is black Nynaeve especially egregious? You said a lot, but never really made sense.

>And yet you flipped your shit over a Japanese character being cast as white in GitS. Funny how you shapeshift like that.
Wait a goddamn cotton picking hootenanny...are you tell me /tvpol/ are the same as SJWs. Wow, this is a lot to unpack here.

this, but unironically

Oh fuck off. I'm black, and I loved Perrin's character. I'm against forced diversity casting. Especially in a series that was already so diverse in its source material. But still, fuck you in your fucking tower.

>t.leftist larping as a centrist

The whole idea of Ta’veren was obviously based on Hitler, the way world leaders like Mussolini and Chamberlain would do 180s after being in his presence, all the crazy luck during his rise, the freak occurrences that let him survive constant attempts on his life starting in WW1.

Either you’re not black or you didn’t read the books. Which is it?

But nothing you stated is affected by the character's race. So like... you kind of shot your own argument in the foot, man.

>(where is her singular braid?).
What? Do you think the actress's headshot to look exactly like the character? How confused are you?

I'm just a guy who sometimes has sex.

With other guys huh? You must be very proud of yourself

You caught me. I actually listened to the audiobooks.
You can stop generalizing now.

>all non-white hires are forced diversity and im not watching! hmph!

Attached: polface.jpg (392x438, 36K)

Post a time stamp of your hand or fuck off with the larping

Give me a few minute. I never use my phone's camera,. So it's going to be a whole process.

You expect me to believe you don’t know how to use your phone’s camera? Please stop already

One side says all racebending is bad, the other pretends it's okay when it's whites being replaced and treats it as the worst crime in history when it's blacks being replaced. Don't try to pull your false equivalencies here you faggot.

Way to prove you haven't given even a glance to the discussion yet still want to chime in.

Cut me a break, I only used it a few times to test it out. I don't know where exactly the file saves. I'm a fucking nerd with no social live.

Sure buddy

Here. Had to take two photos, because the light was too dim near my desktop.

Attached: Goldeneyes.jpg (4608x6912, 1.11M)

Why are octaroons who could probably pass as a tan guy if not for their hair considered black? Why do you consider yourself black and not anything else since you're clearly not straight outta the congo

The funniest part here is you think you are above people that are obnoxious and petty, and you believe that in your soul while simultaneously being obnoxious and petty. I unironically hope someone hurts you at some point in life, preferably someone you love. Good Day. :)

Attached: 1414438900752.gif (217x217, 1.46M)

I'm 3/4 black, as far as I know. There might be some native american on my dad's side, but nothing is confirmed, so I assume he's all black. My mom is half and half.
I have coarse black hair, and I'm a shade darker than Perrin's actor.

I don't identify as black as a personality. Because what the fuck does being black even entail?(That's a rhetorical question) But I recognize the genetic reality that I'm mostly black. And I understand that others perceive me as black. So I claim black.

>Robert Jordan might have been a time traveller in hindsight
Didn't he say he dreamed the series with the characters talking in their own language and that he just did a rough translation?

Same. I'm considering boycotting Amazon in general to signal my frustration.
>Implying HR would care that they've lost an ebil racist as a customer
I know, but I want to let them feel the hurt somewhere no matter how insignificant.

Wheel of Time is a shit series so I don't care too much, but what gets me about this and all the other race changing we've seen in fantasy show adaptations recently is that there's plenty of fantasy out there to adapt that already features black characters prominently. Why not just adapt that stuff instead?

The girl on the left is Aboriginal. Even if you couldn't tell, you SHOULD be able to tell that she's not black. Hey, maybe the SJWs have a point. Maybe some people DO need more representation. Because there are still people who think everyone with tan skin is black.

Abos have enough representation in petrol thievery already.

Studios take the biggest properties they can get, because they feel like the built in audience makes it a safer bet. So they're just going down the list of popular franchises.

based.

Your hand looks as light as the guy playing Perrin, which is like Hispanic dark. Seems pretty light for somebody 3/4 black. Not being facetious, just seems odd to me that basically all light skinned mixed people seem to identify as black

What else would we identify as? I certainly don't pass for white. I guess you could call me mixed. I say I'm mixed often. But that doesn't really describe much of anything. And I don't want to say I'm 3/4 black and 1/4 white. Because that's just obnoxious. "Black" doesn't necessarily mean dark skin. It's just a shorthand for people with African blood.