Why is comedy dying anons?

Why is comedy dying anons?

Attached: 1560895712755.png (697x702, 197K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UrBDHsiF2Vo
youtu.be/zC2S0rVtDc8?t=2m30s
youtu.be/e0LJNn-GcnY
youtu.be/U1UtRnGn5hc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Literally because of SJWs

Because irony is the only thing that makes people laugh nowadays.

Letting women into writing rooms

Because in clown world, reality is the joke

Attached: 1535911219813.png (2952x3047, 1015K)

We've run out of jokes.

People can't take a joke

superheroes are just better. full stop.

The reason right leaning comics suck is they %100 believe every joke they tell, so it isn't a joke. It's just some kook spouting his out of touch gospel

Attached: 1469509112839.jpg (609x838, 188K)

Here's your average "comedy" routine in 2019:
>wypipo bad
*clap clap clap clap*
>trannies good
*clap clap clap clap*

2010s will be remembered as the decade of Horror and Capeshit and 80s Nostalgia

just following currentevents is more absurdist comedy that any hollywood jew can write

>edgy comedy is forbidden
>cultural appropriation has forced women into writing staffs

>make joke
>racist
>sexist
>homophobe
>rapist
>transphobic
>written by ALASHEEDA NAKQUEENA

I know youre memeing but I think this has a lot to do with it. Most of Marvel's movies are like 50% comedy so it's not like films are more serious now or anything. Also people are thankfully getting sick of the dude weed apatowshit and not a lot has come in to fill the void

Russians hacked the comedy clubs?

all of the jokes have been done already

thanks obama

Attached: 1483934513983.jpg (1261x1884, 372K)

comedians seem to be more interested in begging for you to agree with their politics than being funny

name 6 comediennes that do this

Because the field is dominated by leftists who become increasingly less funny the more and more extreme their views get with each passing year. They're living in such a bubble they don't know what regular people find funny anymore and even if they make the effort to find out, they'll usually dismiss it as "racist", "sexist" or otherwise "problematic" and fall back on their HAHAHA DRUMPF AMIRITE?!?! material.

Oh......ooh my......oooh my oh my.
That is possibly one of the best jokes I've never gotten from the Simpsons until just now.
WOW....

I wanna know what happens when 20000 illegals sneak into a bar

>ridiculing the non privileged isn't particularly funny
That's bullshit, if it weren't funny bullying wouldn't be a thing

>left comics
Sex, Sex, politics, Sex, muh vagina, Sex, politics Sex, Sex, white men,

>right comics
liberals, cuck, millennials, cuck

Two reaons:

- comedy films all turned into derivative Hangover knockoffs which got really repetitive. Though I agree with other anons mentioning comedy getting too preachy, that's irrelevant because we're talking about comedy FILMS, not late night shows, where preachiness isn't really a thing. What IS a thing in comedy film in the 2010s is endless Adam Sandler and Melissa McCarthy, which is anathema to most people's desire to see something.

- Why would you watch a comedy movie when you can just google "furry (inocuous thing)" and find straight, real life comedy gold? We live in an era where literal autists make art, and their content is exponentially funnier than scripted stuff. It's killing comedy films AND comedy shows, since their primary purpose (to make people laugh) is being usurped by watching uncensored mentally ill people, which is an infinite font of high quality hilarity that's also free. How can anyone compete?

Does Bill Burr count as conservative?

They shut down Vine because they took those "this vine is better edited than most movies out right now" comments seriously and perceived them as a threat to the entertainment industry

Because the majority of comedy films come out these days are led by utterly terrible "comedians" like Schumer and McCarthy and SNL rejects, nobody wants to watch those "comedians" doing anything, so they fail every time.

If punching down isn't funny, why are middle class liberals always going after lower class rednecks and christians?

comedy drowning in irony, scene controlled by women and their sympathisers, increasing control on what boundaries can be crossed

reminder that patrice predicted this

Do you think it’s because you can get better laughs browsing memes on your phone?

to much sex and escatology, I tried to watch change up and it was too much, james stewart didnt need diarrhea jokes
french comedies are better now

>Though I agree with other anons mentioning comedy getting too preachy, that's irrelevant because we're talking about comedy FILMS

Yeah cause Ghostbusters was so successful

this Real life kino is much better than anything Hollywood puts out.

Nobody sets up a joke anymore. Everyone want to just throw our a punchline. That leads to a bunch of stupid sex, fart jokes and long outakes that should have been edited or just left out the movie.

fpbp

Why did the moron throw the clock out the window?

How can you make white audiences feel bad about themselves with a comedy? It's a tough proposition.

>implying that any of the leftist comedy is funny
Yea Forums is a million times more entertaining than any comedian.

There have been great non sjw comedies on television in that time span.

Completely agree with this entire post. I would laugh about 10x more reading stuff here or watching videos than watching a comedy movie.

Doonesbury has to be the most unfunny newspaper comic ever made

BIg bear is a scream

Attached: 1491297403676.jpg (600x833, 220K)

I agree. Why they seem to be getting rarer sometimes there is a really great thread full of amazing comedy writing.

Outrage culture makes it too risky to say anything that can be misconstrued as offensive, which means it too risky to say anything funny if you have any clout at all
That's why most comedy is either Hannah Gadsby-type SJW posturing sold as comedy, or brainless Seth Rogen joints about empty absurdity that lack any sort of firm connection to the real world or the audience. People get most of their comedy from the internet because the world has become farcical, and some nobody with nothing to lose can actually make a racey joke

No fucking way this is real. What is the punchline?

>Leftoids don't believe their bullshit
Do you believe this joke you're telling, broski?

B^U B^U B^U

Jesus Christ how was this dreck ever published

As opposed to the modern left?

Judd Apatow's comedy cartel did a lot of damage

Comedy is cultural and no one has the same culture anymore.
Multiculturalism poisons every human well.

Also the majority of the internet comedy is still very non pc. Most good stand ups won’t even play colleges any more because it’s impossible to entertain fascist.

>tfw Jeselnik and Chappelle are the only two with worthwhile sets recently

I think it's cause people here stopped trying to be funny when a lot of the responses just turned to cringe or Reddit

>Why conservatives "aren't funny"
Because the truth hurts, bitch

Attached: 43c[1].jpg (480x272, 20K)

Just because it seriously hurts your little jew dick doesn't mean the people saying it are serious, you raging pissbaby

1. The media is full of moral busybodies

2. Comedy is usually language and culture sensitive, which means it's not as marketable in international markets.

3. Capeshit is 50% comedy anyway, moreso for movies like Guardians and Deadpool

Because there's NOTHING FUNNY ABOUT HOW OPPRESSED WE ARE UNDER DRUMPF

>reminder that patrice predicted this

Is there a video of him talking about this? I'd like to see it

die

Attached: 275.jpg (598x398, 27K)

youtube.com/watch?v=UrBDHsiF2Vo

There's no reason to go to the theater to watch a comedy when there's a million videos on Youtube of guys farting on each other. The only movies that survive in the current era are the ones offering an experience you can get elsewhere (e.g. grand spectacle).

Keep crying about SJWs, though.

holy fucking shit I wish this wasn’t true. I tried making a comedy group in college. Modern students REFUSE to be funny, or out in the work. I assume out of fear and ego.

Social media made comedies impossible to make. Everyone either:
1. Pretends they're too smart and sophisticated to like comedies (while worshiping the quips in capeshit)
2. Pretends to be offended by everything

Because all the comedy has moved to the internet and television, retard. Cinema going only brings in money for spectacle films.

That's actually a good point. Since people increasingly have less common ground with each other on a personal level, Hollywood now relies on stupid pop culture and trend references

dilate

Attached: i_am_not_dead__neither_is_marxism_leninism_maoism_by_mlm_ahuviya_harel_gq-d60jpwo.jpg (720x960, 93K)

*starves to death*

Patrice was a comedy genius. He told the truth and didn’t care who it hurt, even about his own people. his advice about women is spot on.

>>>/chapo/

The Dave Chappelle special is trending, he’ll it bring it back.

I only dilate ur mums asshole xd

Everyone thinks they are funny nowadays. They approach comedy from the perspective of subject matter expert. They decide if comedy is allowed to make them laugh.

>people got tired of "Le Awkward humor"
Yeah no shit

chinese people can understand superheroes fighting but they don’t get american humor.

Hollywood's idea of a comedy film is to take a bunch of stand ups who couldn't act their way out of a paper bag, put them in a poor excuse of a plot with a shoehorned sappy character arc and have them improvise for hours, keeping all of it in.

Let it die.

Capeshit. Thats literally the answer. Its killing off every other genre in general. Make the same chart, but with superhero movies and I gurantee its almost completely reversed. If you compare all the different genres "share" from 2008 to today i bet they would have gone down.

You know Chapelle already made his comeback, right? This isn't his first special this past year.

Honestly i think it has a lot to do with the quippy millennial humor and how it lends itself to action movies.

It's only trending because half his set is "hurr hurr why can't I be offensive anymore" and folks are tired of that shit from comedians
It's the comedian version of making a comic about how you can't think of what to do for your comic

This and Are true. Most movies these days are made for global audiences. Making a comedy movie for a global audience is actually impossible

George Carlin ruined standup comedy. He was the start of all this nonsense you see today.

Comedians don't have the star power they used to plus the MCU making cavalier, quippy action movies a bigger source of comedy than an actual comedy film.

Plus, comedies were never really good and have only gotten worse. Premises are all tired out and just ways for washed-up celebrities to make a paycheck.

Yep. He pioneered preaching and parroting ideology instead of telling jokes.

Id they are Mexicans they are all cousins and they showed up in one pickup truck.

Political correctness and a general erosion of free speech pretty much killed comedy. Comedians are afraid to make jokes that other groups may deem to be offensive. They don't want to be blacklisted from ever working again because of "insulting" some protected class that they may not even be aware of.

>Hippies aren't privileged
Hippies live in the most expensive areas of the country now. They're called hipsters.

This.

Attached: 1557790618488.gif (460x445, 89K)

>implying quipshit isn't making billions

comedy movies are more worried about diversifying their cast instead of just hiring the funniest people. your skin color is more important than your competency.

because it's not real comedy unless someone gets hurt and everyone is a pussy these days

Dumb ass frog poster

Because everything is either gross out/cringe humor or not even a joke just a reference to something.

unironically because of white people trying to make it to their own artform when it's that they have no idea or no talent in this artform

>I was told only punching up is funny
>but that's not fair, now every midget comedian in town has an edge over me
>it's rough i tell ya

>I did a show out in seattle
>bunch of pussy whipped assholes
>here's a line no guy should ever say
>"this is inappropriate"
>that's some women shit and they've been fagged up

Attached: 1552617849214.jpg (691x472, 22K)

A fiesta lol

Because comedy is about breaking boundaries. There are very little to be broken and the new boundaries were set by those who are currently producing entertainment.

Comedy isn't funny anymore.

The fact comedy has become completely sanitized is 50% to blame, but the other 50% is just the fact that it's hard to ''compete'' with the internet. Someone on Comedy Central has to decide which audience to target when they promote a comic or show, and all the others will just find someone that aligns more with their sensibilities on Youtube. So comedy is basically decentralized now.

It will get worse now that people like Rogan and Luis J. Gomez are not even attempting to make it in the traditional way and are starting their own comedy 'circuits'. Right now it's mostly focused on stand-up and podcasts but the minute these communities start putting their efforts towards making more online content, sketch shows and shit like that it will be pretty much over for mainstream comedy.

This, edgy comics are too afraid to tell any actually funny jokes anymore, and clean comics don't exist because it's too hard

There have been online sketch shows for years though. Funny or Die and College Humor are at least a decade old at this point

Youtube.

Imagine trying to apply your inane sociological philosophy to something as innate as comedy. Imagine believing that the autonomic response of laughter can be turned into a conditionalised reaction to what you believe are ethically affirmative statements. Imagine living in a world where laughter is just a passive aggressive way of signalling consensus because you have stripped away your humanity so much that you are like an intellectual ape seeking to ingratiate yourself to your collective peers.
For the vast majority of people humour is funny precisely when it mocks the unfortunate, i don’t know why that is and I’m not going to try to project some metaphysical critique on it. But far stupid people are funny because they are fat and stupid. Whereas there’s nothing funny about a good looking smart rich guy. Even when leftists mock trump they do so by attempting to highlight a supposed flaw like his choice of diction or his bankruptcies. There is no humour that actually punches up, you’re always punching down.

>offset by 0.8 billions
Retarded graph

That was before Twitter and Instagram really blew up, though. Funny or Die and College Humor also aren't funny anymore.

Tropic Thunder was the last funny comedy

why would you need someone's pronouns when speaking in second person?

Woah. All the comedians these days doing wetback and hippie material BTFO

90% of comedians who have “made it” are complete shit

/pol/ is unironically the only political themed community that I've seen laugh at themselves in the last decade.

because it has become real life

Comfort the afflicted by afflictling the comfortable? What an insufferable faggot

All 6 of them.

it's fine if you just use it as a vehicle to deliver offensive jokes

nigger

>dude muh politics
Anyone who said it's because comedy is going online more and more and it's leaving comedy flicks behind is completely right, the rest of you guys are illiterate or worse, retarded

>

t. Q user true believer

Yeah, sure thing.

based retard

>mfw every steep decline in America can be trace backed to 2008/2009
really really makes me think.

Fpbp

(((And one other big reason)))

80s fag here. Grew up reading the comics section when there was no internet.

Doonsbury has never been funny. Ever.

Actually this, when you have a democratic presidential candidate saying transmen have a right to abortion, and the news has been talking about a literal conspiracy theory on Russia for two years, where the fuck do to go from there?

Take your pills.

The only people that benefit from wetbacks are the elite. Also, got, forget about the 25 citizens a day that are killed by illegals.

Comedy has been decentralized thanks to Twitter, Youtube etc. In the past you'd have a relatively small group of comedians with either years of experience or a great writing team behind them, appearing on television at a pre-scheduled time to play to a wide audience. Now comedy is available 24/7 in the form of tic-toc videos, snapchats, Youtube prank shows, podcasts, tweets, memes, etc. Stand-up comedy is beyond irrelevant in 2019. It's a dead genre unless you're the type of person who likes to pay money to go sit in a room and laugh at Bill Burr tell the kind of jokes that middle-aged dads find somewhat relatable.

You turn on the ICE machine

Anyone can be a “comedian” on the internet as long has you connect with some weird group of people that find you funny and thus form a subreddit, you’re golden. Joe rogan and his buddies aren’t even famous for doing standup comedy but by only appearing on his extremely popular podcast or from doing something else entirely in the past, like fighting. Stand up is absolutely dead.

Attached: D5vYaIhUUAAfgzC.jpg (526x387, 46K)

he would never admit it so guess not

cringe and bluepilled

Yikes

So Comedians are literally afflicitng me for being comfy? Got it. Glad their industry is dying lmao

>Joe rogan and his buddies aren’t even famous for doing standup comedy but by only appearing on his extremely popular podcast or from doing something else entirely in the past, like fighting
Not that I find him funny at all, but Joe Rogan was on two incredibly popular TV shows you stupid fucking zoomer

It is literally illegal to tell politically incorrect jokes in the UK, so instead they just do politically correct commentary. Can't have any physical comedy either, because their retarded children might copy it. So there is nothing left to laugh at. It's basically why I mostly just watch a few channels of old stuff on YT now, hope the whiners don't ban them as well.

>I am a liberal
>and yet reading every liberal joke feels like homework to me
Am I the problem, anons?

Have sex.

Would you say it's more 1984 or Brave New World?

Maybe if you let him get to the punchline the jokes would be funny?

>forced
>different fonts
>random straw man that they can even fulfill too
>no punchline
>misses the point of the meme always
>no even worth sharing even with the passive aggressive nonsense
I don’t even like the clown meme but this is what I see when I look at “left memes” you can tell the person who made them sounds like a 60 year old man who dresses in woman’s clothing.

Attached: 7698BB66-0094-48CF-B753-E8526EBB9115.jpg (1533x961, 174K)

Unironically early 00s comedy kino right at your doorstep. Your own fault for not watching it.

Attached: sextuplets-netflix-review[1].jpg (1200x800, 275K)

making fun of the comedy industry is the comedy in 2019

That’s now even how he got popular on a mainstream sense you retard.

which ones?
newsradio was never popular

Because nothing shocking or edgy gets said anymore, except for stuff we all know hasn't been shocking or edgy since 2001.
I remember being a kid and watching comedy criticize hypocritical Christians and laughing my ass off, because I had never seen anything like that before. Now I've seen Christians get bashed as closeted homos for 18 years straight, while also seeing all of those "brave" comedians just completely ignore Islam as they literally behead fags in the street.
Just one example of many, but the point is that to be "shocking" you can't just hit the easy targets. Sometimes you have to hit the targets that you will get in trouble for hitting, that's where real comedy is.
You know what it kind of reminds me of is Robert from GoT. The idea that there's a difference between conquering a land and ruling it. In 2001 the 'sacred cows' that comedians were hitting were still sacred, there would still be controversies when something hardcore anti-white or anti-christian came out on TV. Now, it's every day and nobody cares. The comedians won, they conquered the cultural continent.
But now what? You can't just keep hitting the same groups, it's already become culturally accepted to hit them. It's not shocking anymore. You have to find new groups, but the problem is that if you were to hit any of the other groups, your own peers will jump all over you.
And that's the problem. All these "edgy" and "brave" comedians are actually pussies. They'll stand up to an outgroup because they know they've got the mob at their back to support them, but they are scared shitless of disapproval from within their own ingroup.
And no matter how cleverly it's phrased, they're not going to make me gasp by slitting the throat of a horse corpse that's been dead since 2001.

>It's just some kook spouting his out of touch gospel
Have you even watched modern standup or political comedy?

BNW now, but in 2084 once the West declines and the world become increasing globalist, all bets are off.

You forgot the 15 minute "down to earth" monologue about personal struggles and hardships in the middle.

you ok?

The modern left is not liberal in any sense.

not being a frothing at the mouth whitey hating twat doesnt mean you are right leaning

People only care about the MCU and Disney Live Action Remakes.

>How do you do, my fellow kids.

None of those things ever made him popular though, the podcast did and maybe his fighting cometary but nobody knew who joe was until the podcast took off.

This

I'm so sick of you retarded zoomers coming here and pretending like someone you only discovered is a '''''new''''' entertainer.

Chapo?

>Could it be because today there's so many venues that you can get comedy everywhere and not from blockbuster movies?
>NOPE, HAS TO BE THE SJWS!!!

Bunch of out of touch losers surely have the answer. What's the next big mystery, why there's so little nudity in movies?

That’s not the argument you dumb fuck, what are you even talking about.

comedy is identical to tragedy, ie, stuff that is 'wrong', off, undesirable, or unexpected or unnatural
current political climate is that you cannot point out wrongness
the people in charge do not want to be seen as wrong, thus they cannot even engage in self deprecation
same reason why most ladies aren't funny, they don't want to be seen as low value

Left can’t bait

Judd Apatow and Paul Feig murdered the genre.

Attached: incel.jpg (192x192, 6K)

>I'm so sick of you retarded zoomers coming here and pretending like someone you only discovered is a '''''new''''' entertainer.
I'm 28 and I never knew who Joe Rogan was before the podcast. But I also never consumed anything he was a part of prior.

>words
>words
>more WORDS
Brevity, for fuck's sake, brevity you dumb trannies

comedy is at its PRIME you alt-right shitlord!

Because instead of responding with a joke to this post we actually start debating...

Cancel culture and political correctness are at an all time high, these days. More and more stand up comics are refusing to tour college campuses because they fear the wrath of the Left. You simply can't get away with the same jokes you once could. Sarah Silverman recently paid the price for a blackface bit she did 10 years ago. The rise of progressivism has created a larger protected class of people who are off-limits from criticism and parody.

I bit your in fucking high school you absolutely pussy.

>be retarded zoomer
>discover a 52 year old comedian for the first time last week
>pretend like no one else knew about him when he had been in show business before you were ever born

Here is some good old comedy for you to laugh at!

Attached: w7vp8ee0yyg31.jpg (509x768, 83K)

>I didn't know who Joe Rogan was, therefore no one else did

Comedy is dead because of modern politics and technology. Comedy clubs only existed in the past as money laundering fronts and now there's infinitely better ways to do it. Also literal communists took over comedy from the grass roots level and made sure nothing but human shit ever gets to be seen in any sort of money venue. Standup comedy simply cannot compete against Yea Forums, there's no money in it anymore thereby draining the talent pool and it's controlled by literal mentally defective Jewish communists.

>t. former comedian

Entertainment is now making fun of propaganda disguised as entertainment (TV, movies)

Or making fun of entertainment disguised as news (CNN, Fox News, etc)

nobody watches the movies, we just shit on how retarded the propaganda is.

we dont read news aeticles from their source, we watch some other guy making fun of how stupid the news article is.

be clown world, get treated like clowns

Attached: tpmw7gx5jn831.jpg (450x364, 30K)

see that’s a pretty good punchline.

The edgy comedy that does exist, besides Chapel and one Norm bits, is really stale, so I find this hard to believe. The only thing performative wokeness ruined was Colbert.

Because comedy is fucking hard to do consistently.

Gee it's almost like political correctness kills the spirit of comedy or something.

Nobody did let’s me frank here.

Haha, get it?

Attached: xa8p1h07jn931.jpg (1080x1058, 100K)

>watch any stand up
>devolves into blumf
>and then they never switch topics

Last standup that got a few laughs out of me was when Chapelle went on Netflix after asking for $500 million for his 3 parter, even then he was already walking on eggshells so no one got triggered on either sides of the aisle.

Attached: giphy.gif (480x360, 1.11M)

Attached: lindywestisaninsanecunt.png (776x276, 83K)

Words words words.

The reason left leaning comics suck is they're 100% disconnected from reality, so it isn't a joke. It's just some kook rambling about his fantasyland.

Attached: relv1ofypvd31.jpg (720x900, 77K)

Literal doublethink right there.

I'm left-wing and feel pretty much the same way.

I think it's because it's obviously being made by people who don't get the humor. I never had problems reading /leftypol/'s OC for example.

It's far more BNW than it is 1984.

More of a mixture of BNW and Fahrenheit, if anything.

Man CollegeHumor was great 2007-2010

Aziz Ansari
Adam Conover
Sarah Silverman
Trevor Noah
Samantha Bee
John Oliver

I knew joe for a while this dumb strawman doesn’t even apply to me, the argument is that he took off because of his podcast. End of story.

Fear Factor was on for 7 years with him. Plenty of people watched that. He was also infamous in the comedy scene for the Carlos Mencia thing that went down in 2005. But like I said, you're a retarded zoomer who discovered someone for the first time last week and assumes he's new.

Attached: nbpxc4tqhq321.jpg (750x752, 66K)

I've always believed stand up comedy was finite. There's only so many experiences one can share and means of expressing those experiences without stepping on the toes of another stand up comic. Once one joke gets told, no one else can ever use it again in a stand up setting. It's just not usable unless you want to be labeled a joke thief for the rest of your career.

Every female comedian ever. I'd give you names but one is indistinguishable from the other.

Missing the point.
The fact is that Rogan's podcast is vastly more notable than anything he had done up to that point. That was his actual breakthrough.

>posting boomer humor that is literally just as funny as your OC
nice way to contextualize how fucking embarrassing you are

The left censored everything funny

Attached: 1mvpn3t3qf931.jpg (1080x1920, 391K)

gb2chapo

There's been a general decline in writing quality. My best guess is "grade inflation" at universities, which in fact means degradation of standards. So that younger graduates come out of university completely unprepared for their profession. When it comes to writing, you see this all over the place, that "having something to say" has been lost in favor of quips and shallow bullshit like "family is important" and "I fucking love science."
Since good comedy is one of the subtlest forms of popular writing, well, you get the idea.

His podcast didn't make him famous. He had fame and fortune before it.

yeah...thats how it is nowadays.................

Attached: 6ozgq7l9j2z11.jpg (718x540, 53K)

The real problem is there's no money in comedy. So you have a collection of old crazy addicts and hustlers and you have a bunch of starry eyed kids. The only means for success in that world is for media platforms controlled by the mentally defective leftists from the bottom of the top to acknowledge and carry you. Since they've been controlled by mentally defective human shit since the Bush era and they've only pushed human shit. Everyone has been conditioned to be repulsed by comedy. And since the Mustache Pete's who own the money launder front comedy clubs are dying off en masse, this won't be a thing much longer. The only point of it now is purely propaganda value as the only ones making a living off of it are deeply connected Jews to the tribe or mentally defective useful idiots who are pushing progressiveism. Everything else is completely silenced.

>out of touch
For you. Just because you disagree with it doesn't mean it's wrong. But you've already ruined the thread so.

I hate the modern world

He isn’t new, yet again what are you even talking about? where are you getting these statements, HE WAS NEVER POPULAR AT THAT TIME, NOBODY GAVE A SHIT EXCEPT YOU. Why are you jerking yourself off to how enlightened you are by knowing some bald fuck years ago before he was even relevant? The podcast (with some influential people like alex jones and some more interesting people) made the podcast pop. Can you also predict the lottery numbers too?

Joe Rogan is also married to the daughter of one of the older and most connected Jewish comedians.

Saturday Night Live is the albatross around the neck of comedy. Everything those morons touch turns to shit but still the industry sees it as some kind of standard because the old fart execs grew up in an era where it was relevant.

Bottom text is actually a twitter meme.
Yea Forums actually has no unique memes apart from spam such as sneed and fuck niggers.
Based is a black word
Smh desu senpai is a black phrase
Hell, half of this site use ebonics in their posts all the time.

Attached: .gif (326x183, 392K)

people didnt watch fear factor because of joe rogans comedy though, i thought he meant as a comedian.

after the podcast broke big most people were like - wait, the fear factor ufc guy is a comedian too???

Don't blame sjw don't blame alt right this only reflects to comedians being unable to write good content with a shifting demographic that finds old comedy tropes not as entertaining. Irony was a 90s gag that was too overused and this new generation is just beating a dead horse at this point I'm sick of the likes of Audrey plaza being called funny because of muh dead pane close up or fucking mde being lauded by alt right nerds because muh red pilled in reality you have nothing new to bring to the table this generation is unfunny and really fucking conformist afraid to push the envelope fucking self indulgent ass holes. How can you find anything funny if you can't stop and look around you instead of your goddamn phone.

How do you faggots think he became a (((NBC))) Contracted player in the first place?

because he was so hilarious?

>what are you connections?
Are you pretending to be stupid lmao

gee, i wonder why...

youtu.be/zC2S0rVtDc8?t=2m30s

He's married to Robert Schimmel's daughter. What's funny is Google even tries to hide this now claiming her name is Dietz or some shit.

Wait, so right-leaning comedians who go after liberal politicians and celebrities aren't "afflicting the comfortable"? Seriously? And his examples of conservative comedy suck. There are no jokes about immigrants and hippies. Literally no one does that.

The only post that is objectively correct.

>shallow bullshit like "family is important" and "I fucking love science."
You're right about the science part, but I've never seen Lefty/progressive writers praise the notion of family in any way. They DESPISE family. The types of vapid themes I often see:
>"I fucking love science"
>"Love is love"
>"Let them in"
>"Black lives matter"
>"Listen and believe"

I’ve never heard Adam do a wypipo joke before

the comedians of color are encouraged to talk ad nauseam about their boring family

Stand up isn't dead. The comedy movie is deadish

Have sex.

Attached: poster_opt[1].jpg (338x507, 30K)

Dilate

What will that do? How will that stop him from making posts like that in the future?

samefag

>20000 illegals sneak into a bar
They all order a drink. However, the bartender tells them they don't have enough drinks for everyone and they have to serve regulars first. Illegals don't like that so they threat to destroy the bar. The owner after pondering what to do decides that he can take advantage of this situation and tells his bartenders to serve smaller drinks. Regulars start complaining because the drinks are smaller, the serving time has increased exponentially and they can't enjoy their drinks in such a crowded place full of people they don't know. The owner tries to reconduct the situation by giving some of the regulars bigger drinks in exchange for defending the illegals. Lately, the owner dicovers some of the illegals are not willing to pay, start brawls, steal drinks from other customer and sneak into the bar drinks brought from home. However he can't do shit anymore, the bribed regulars now threat him to make the bar go bankruptcy if he kicks illegals out. Some of the not bribed out regulars try to find other bars without illegals only to discover this is happening everywhere. Finally the situation becomes untenable and the bar goes bankruptcy anyway so the illegals go home and, after some time a new bar opens up.

Politics aside. I think a lot of it is because these days blockbusters are all written for children/sois and are relatively lighthearted and comedic so people get their fill there.

That said, probably the biggest reason is just that these days people get their laughs from youtube and shit like that.

kill yourself

Attached: 4DACEBE3-4A73-48F8-BFD9-F023E79A5B18.jpg (828x224, 94K)

20,000 illegals sneak into a bar is funny though

Wrong. Bottom text has existed since internet 1.0, which means it existed before twitter. You would know that if you weren’t a newfren.

Memeball memes definitely are a Yea Forums meme.

Also, internet slang isn’t “ebonics” either. That’s like saying “lol” is ebonics.

Attached: D1091E88-EA07-467A-8BA3-AD2C5D6B80D8.jpg (409x408, 61K)

It's implied. He's literally the human incarnation of reddit humor

>wordswordswords
Left no meme

Into the trash it goes.

Bottom text as in the actual "bottom text" phrase. Literally 90% of the memes in circulation are from twitter. You can't refute this. Yea Forums is not as creative as it was.

Because womyn and jewish tricks

I just posted this in the workaholics thread. Now we seem like shills

As I implied, I don't think this is a left/right issue, I think this is a lowering of standards across the board issue. As for "family is important," that was the """theme""" of the latest Fast and the Furious movie--which I saw to watch Jason Statham punch people and drive fast cars, and instead I got treated to a bunch of schlock about the importance of family.

OH NO NO NO NO and etc. is all ebonics bro.

That’s what I’m talking about. Bottom text existed long before twitter did.

No, it’s literally not.

Leslie Nielson died.

and 90% of those memes are absolute shit and follow 2 templates
>nobody:
>person: thing

>me: thing
>wacky picture

zoomers belong in camps

The only good left-wing meme is of that capitalist tophat man dressing up a statue to look like a 6ix9ine tranny. Everything else is dismal

Most of the memes circuilatig on twiter do not originate on twitter

fuck is this real?

Yes, and it's glorious. If you don't watch this you have only yourself to blame when they stop making comedies altogether.

youtu.be/e0LJNn-GcnY

This comic is enough for me to finally start hating muslims

women

>I don't think this is a left/right issue, I think this is a lowering of standards across the board issue.
The lowering of standards is a direct result of the influence from the left. The priority of most commercial products isn't so much to provide a service anymore, but rather to provide an echoing voice to the choir of progressivism. It's why we see completely random brands like Burger King or Gilette suddenly spout woke advertising. They're choosing the choir over making a proper sale.

Fast and the Furious seems like one of the rare exceptions, to me. The franchise hasn't really been affected by leftist politics as much as other franchises have.

We developed this thing called cringe

Jeselnik got a bit stale with his Netshitz special. I get the feeling he maxed out his shtick.
Chapelle clearly does not give a solitary fuck about being genuinely funny. He gets on stage and rambles. No comparison to his early 2000s material, which was completely lined with jokes.

Comedy isn't particularly popular on YouTube either

why the fuck do you think?

this but 100% unironically

fuck that's bad

Zoomers copying blacks and overusing wojak does not make left-wing memes funny. Even contrahons videos go on for like three hours and its all a bunch of bs trying to make tumblr look sane which no one in their right mind believes

Attached: screen_shot_2019-06-26_at_10.10.37_am_0.png (695x330, 106K)

Politics became the primary punchline instead of just something a comedian talks about once in a while in their bit. That plus social media has ruined everything anyway since it gave a platform to morons to spew their rhetoric thinking it's funny.

They all start talking about DBZ and The Simpsons. Then a farmer walks in and the bartender cringes.

OH NO NO NO NO is literally from a black man roasting someone. What do you gain from lying like this?
youtu.be/U1UtRnGn5hc
Still better than what, rage comics and NO U. That shit belongs in a cringe compilation.

if you actually believe this, you should kill yourself

I'm not saying left wing memes are funny. They're usually long winded. I'm saying that LMAO BOTTOM TEXT isn't some epic right wing only meme.

Attached: doge.jpg (1242x930, 223K)

>still better than something that's been obsolete for the past 5 years
your point?

I don't see why he would.

YOU DIRTY DOG

>OH NO NO NO NO is literally from a black man roasting someone. What do you gain from lying like this?

Which has what to do with ebonics?

Comedy has become about what you agree with rather than what you find funny. Finding something funny means there is a small amount of shock or surprise. People are too weak for even that now so just view comics and shows that they agree with which is less stressful on the mind. The market has catered to that.

Norm McDonald is probably the most conservative mainstream comedian and also happens to be funnier than 99% of them

planned out laughter is the best

Same reason art is dying. Both require civilized behavior to exist. Humor came out of the stage, the salon and the court. It requires both punching up and down. Humor doesn't exist in shitholes where face is everything and where you can never punch in either direction, their humor is torturing animals to death

underrated

This never even showed up in my Netflix stream? Netflix thinks I only watch horror and documentaries.

Attached: 1336500778397.jpg (400x267, 108K)

The lowering of educational standards comes from the obsession with standardized testing. There's a maxim that when a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a measure, and that's exactly what happens with standardized testing: once upon a time, students were educated, and testing assessed the quality of that education; nowadays, students are taught to take tests, so their actual education suffers for it. This also turns into an attitude that "the right answers are always available, you just need someone to tell them to you." This should all sound pretty familiar, in terms of the things we're both complaining about.
The focus on standardized testing was, of course, kicked into overdrive by President George W. Bush. But an obsession with metrics to gauge (and gouge) the public sector goes at least back to Reagan and Thatcher.
The specific issue you're talking about is simply propaganda, and in this case, propaganda targeted at, we might say, the young urban elite. A hundred years ago, cigarettes were advertised to women as a symbol of liberation, but I don't think any sane person would say that's "leftist," because it's obviously just greedy and exploitative.
I fucking despise modern leftists because of what patsies they are, that they've become just another target demographic for corporate messaging, but it's the cynical propaganda people who are responsible for that. There's no "influence of the left" at play here, other than the fact that the young urban elite are a juicy demographic and they swing towards SJW beliefs.
But none of this has anything to do with the quality of writing; as for the decay of standards here, that's again what happens the more successful you get at propaganda--that is, the less you have to differentiate products by quality.

Also, I brought it up because the new Fast and the Furious movie was fucking terrible. I wanted nonstop violence and action, and got a bunch of schlock.

Attached: torches.png (411x600, 365K)

hes not even that conservative
hes just norm who has a few opinions that arent jewish enough

hes kind of a degenerate by normie conservative standards

too many words

It's all twitter twitter nigger speak and you said it wasn't.

Attached: 1327728609045.jpg (250x250, 50K)

he’s white so he’s a nazi, so yes

Attached: 1328160123600.jpg (407x405, 73K)

Attached: 1327993697102.png (400x398, 104K)

Not really.

get them to laugh at minorities for 80% of the movie and them make them feel guilty about laughing at them by the end.

I was responding to the fact that internet slang is from ebonics, which it isn’t.

Try to keep up next time.

Tik Tok is full of these thots. They literally shake their asses to rap songs about how they are bitches and only good for sex and then complain when 40 year old men make comments about their body. Claiming they are expressing themselves and not doing it to be sexualized. We truly are a species going slowly insane.

Attached: 1327468103411.gif (413x700, 146K)

bill burr is just a somewhat clueless boomer except with a unique dose of self-awareness

the spooky thing is that people hold up to him as like a person to get advice from, when he himself admits he's just throwing out his gut sensations and thinks his advice is shit

Attached: 1336498377754.jpg (557x373, 162K)

I actually physically cringed

>youtu.be/U1UtRnGn5hc

i honestly don't understand how you could be racist towards black people in a world where this exists

Attached: 1352439914333.png (600x800, 706K)

Nobody was talking about internet slang; you moved the goalposts to that end for some weird reason. This whole subject was about memes and where they come from nowadays.
Try and cope elsewhere.

based means “high on freebase (crack cocaine”
be proud of your vibrant culture, based black man.

>If punching down isn't funny, why are middle class liberals always going after lower class rednecks and christians?
Because deep down Liberals tend to hate themselves. They don't consider it punching down (because for the most part it isn't, they're losers) they lack the confidence of hillbillies and Christians, in turn they become jealous and lash out. There's a reason today's liberals skew towards communism and other ideologies that focus on society fixing their perceived or otherwise real problems.

Attached: 1334154668867.jpg (400x400, 99K)

Memes. Meme humor killed comedy.

Attached: 9gag.png (500x402, 104K)

No, it was a term coined by Lil B meaning "doing whatever the fuck you wanna do, regardless of what people think".

and they filtered baka desu senpai because they wanted to discourage users from sounding and acting black (or more often, making fun of black culture)

My post, the one you replied to, literally uses the phrase “internet slang”:
Nice premeptive cope though. Try again.

Attached: 1431729313965.jpg (1280x771, 343K)

Because its a global market and comedy doesn't cross borders as easily as action does. If we start doing more with slapstick maybe it'll start getting more play in the east

Because the shit aint funny yo!

>joins in halfway with pedantic bullshit
Okay I'll concede that. But I wasn't wrong in my point, and your attempts to counter were half-baked at best.

They're all STILL coping the hangover template of comedy. It's forced shit going through the motions of being a comedic movie with zero comedic merit.

Couple that with the diversity culture and garbage meme culture and you have a comedic landscape that can not only not be edgy but it also can't be sfw because the internet humor appeals more to normies today than something like a family friendly Steve Martin movie of yesteryear.

Comedy changes and top tier comedy today is misspelling dog on the internet... The culture is fucking fucked, big time.

Because you can't get away with making fun of the most obvious and deserving targets without getting fired and blacklisted anymore.

Twenty years ago trannies and soys would have been shamed into suicide or improvement through comedy.

>liberals
>communist
you need to go back

based violent savage
your ideas totally make sense and will definitely work as intended when they get implemented!!

>tend to skew towards
>as in not communist
retard

>coping
I meant copying...

If thats all it takes you must be one dumb fucker

I don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about.

I was talking about internet slang like “lol” and “desu” and saying how shit like that doesn’t come from ebonics. Obviously you were seeing a different post in your head and having a conversation with that and not me.

>...or improvement through comedy.
interesting point. Everybody is a beautiful sunbeam now, so you can't call people out on their shit.

Don't join in halfway then, retard.

I’m aware of the Lil B origins
that nigger was on crack and you fell for the meme

go back to your discord server please your 'real communism' bullshit does not work anymore

Attached: 1543185030546.jpg (4500x4976, 2.04M)

I’ll do whatever the fuck I please, bitch.

Don't talk to your daddy like that boy

Are we still pretending whites aren't the minority when they make up a tiny percentage of the worlds population?

>boomer

Ah, it all makes sense now. Maybe we need to issue a silver alert, you do seem lost.

No, good stand-up is just as enjoyable. It’s just that movies have gotten discernibly worse

based

Wtf I'm only 23 shutup!!!!

this is some 1984 shit wow.

Adam Conover 'jokes' are just smug half-truths parading as facts that invite you to laugh because look! look how true what i'm saying is! mr. strawman, you thought the opposite? well ACTUALLY here's an uncited fact about why it is, in fact, the affirmative! now, audience, laugh with me because we've proven what I said to be true and that makes us superior!

It's legitimately just being a smug cunt weaponized into 'comedy', no better than pointing out typos on a restaurant menu, it's just the presumed authority it has as a televised program tricking people into thinking it's funny because it seems correct.