Are Yea Forums and film superior to books ?

Are Yea Forums and film superior to books ?

Attached: ned-crop-1552060555-1680x1120.jpg (1200x800, 94K)

in the way that they adapt solid visuals, themes, and music in ways that books simply can't, yes.

But books are inherently more descriptive and allow you to use your imagination and take time to empathize with what's written on paper

Tv and movies have the potential to be superior to books but they’re failing as a medium. Every single great piece of literature has already been told, there are only so many ways to manipulate language. A moving image has the ability to convey more meaning and be more cathartic than words on a page

In the case of GoT, the first 3 seasons were unironically better than the books.
But generally, no. Like the other anons have said, books offer a depth of storytelling that could potentially only be found in a series but that's yet to happen.

I came to troll, but this reply is so good, that I can't negate it.

>first 3 seasons
But season 4 and 6 were critically considered to be the best.

yes but barely. They have both been surpassed by a superior medium for quite some time now

Attached: dollar value.jpg (610x562, 187K)

Please just shut the fuck up.

>implying television and cinema can be considered the same medium
Television is an extension of the radio drama, cinema is an extension of music

People thought that season 7 was good too. Leave it.

Hello I'm from the future, author died before finishing the books, sorry. It got a manga adaption with the show ending, if that's any consolation.

Attached: sunset found her squatting.png (1008x1500, 379K)

Nobody thought season 7 was good.

The general consensus of the seasons are: 4 > 3 > 6 > 1 > 5 > 2 > 7 > 8

Objectively based on ratings. Personally I'd put 2 over 5.

>Every single great piece of literature has already been told, there are only so many ways to manipulate language.
wat
>A moving image has the ability to convey more meaning
Why would 240 photographs (10 seconds of moving pictures) convey more meaning (whatever this means) than thousands of written words?

Yea Forums and Film are far superior. Books force you to imagine it and do all the work. If I imagine something incredible that is not thanks to the books quality but my own brain. Therefore books are subjective. Tv and film can be objectively evaluated and graded. They provide an artistic merit a piece text can only dream of achieving

No.

>Tv and film can be objectively evaluated and graded. They provide an artistic merit a piece text can only dream of achieving
This thread is being truly eye opening in regards to the general intelligence of the board. Please keep it going.

BASED

people have shit taste and only started hating on GoT when bad things happened to Danny. look at all the defense for episode 3 and teleporting goblin

everything past 3 is trash with the exception of 4's spear fight and the battle of the bastards

maybe 10 years ago. not in current year

Attached: wheel of wogs.jpg (800x449, 60K)

What did you expect? Yea Forums is consistently one of the dumbest boards on the site.

Eh, there is reasons to dislike the last two seasons. But yeah, many people, especially on this board, started hating the show after Dany sperged out.

>da fight scenes were da best part
That's why GoT went downhill. Fans like this who didn't understand that character depth is what made it. Also season 4 had a lot of character depth.

Books give incredible detail, but leave out just enough to allow your imagination to soar.

What you want is to be told what to see. You're a fucking pleb

Season 1 and 2 skipped major battles and were still amazing by sole merit of their story and characters

books are better at showing inner thoughts and POVs that movies can't do unless they narrate the whole thing constantly.

I agree. When the show started focusing on battles, is when it went downhill. Episodes like "Hardhome" drew in the most casual of viewers, and it lead to the producers trying to appeal to their attention span.

>character depth
Lmao why do retards always lean on this absolute nothing when trying to explain why they like something

Anime does that and all of the above , so is it the ultimate medium ?

Attached: frC0D.gif (1366x768, 425K)

spear duel was a major part in the books as well as giving major depth for oberyn martell

It's a nuanced show; a slow burn if you will. You invest in the characters and try to interpret the interactions and plot. I don't blame you for not getting it, as many of the world's shows (especially Europe) focus on action and comedy. But if you put in the time, you can really find an enriching experience.

>But yeah, many people, especially on this board, started hating the show after Dany sperged out.
no this board has been hate watching for several seasons. the normies turned with danny, this board ironically started liking her because she went batshit insane

>Good goy, pay all this money so we don't have to provide a service!

Definitely not the case. I've been posting here since GoT started.

so have i

Hahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha. Exactly what I expected.