Kdrama recommendations

Any Korean show's you are waiting for ore recent movies that are K-kino

Attached: images.jpg (224x225, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/insiteTV1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Splash Splash Love

OK haven't seen it will try

My teenage sister watches and enjoys this shit. You are either sóy, a faggot, tranny or a roastie.

Don't watch Goblin, is sad

been enjoying a couple webdramas from this channel, not the most high quality stuff but Im in it for the romance
youtube.com/user/insiteTV1
particularly liked the one with gyuri from fromis9, dating class, but im biased

also watch reply 1997 and 94, its on netflix and is probably the best show for that 90s nostalgia

Tell her to watch kingdom and that should be perfect for little girls

Bring it on ghost was my perfect Buffy nostalgia substitute

for the 99.99% of people that aren't fluent in fast spoken korean, how does one watch that?

most if not all of the shows are subbed with yt captions

Subtitles yes you have to read

its not so much nostalgia like that, its intended ore like a somewhat accurate representation of the 90's/early 2000s in kr, i wasnt there so i couldnt tell you its actually accurate, but it shows a bit of the rise of kpop and youth culture at the time following college students, i personally liked 94 way more because it had less yelling, but both were nice and endearing, still havent gotten around to watching 88 as it isnt on netflix, i torrented it but its just not as convenient as watching short format stuff on yt as ive been used to lately

for kino it might be cliché but i really like hong sang soo's stuff, Woman is the future of man was probably the one I liked the most of the handful i watched from him

Attached: Woman.is.the.Future.of.Man.2004.BDRip.720p (1).mkv_snapshot_00.16.06_[2019.08.17_12.13.58].jpg (1280x720, 258K)

That series was surprisingly sad and depressing. Not your typical Kdrama ending. IU is certainly more than a pretty face. She was fantastic in the drama My Ajusshi and her new comedy series Hotel Del Luna is really good so far.

i was confused because the first 3 vids i clicked on only had auto generated korean subs

Might give it a try, usually stay away from period stuff, but IU is a good reason to make an exception
The trailers and pv's usually dont have subs bit the full eps do

something in the rain

It's just 2 episodes btw, but better than most kdramas.

is she white? if so, is she even cute?
only fat white roasties are into korean culture

Hotel Del Luna is on my list too have you seen Aran and the magistrate?

> have you seen Aran and the magistrate
I have but it was so long ago my memory is kind of rusty. It was fluffy nonsense iirc and Shin Min-a is always fun in comedies though I liked My Girlfriend is a Gumiho more.

why is K-Drama so mainstream now but shows from china or japan are obscure to get hold of?

Me two an old favorite of mine is coffee prince and I am not a robot (not so old but just my type)

>Coffee Prince
Best tomboy. That drama checked every box for me.

Attached: go-eun-chan-eating.jpg (640x352, 21K)

> but shows from china or japan are obscure to get hold of?
But it's easy? Only newer Japanese ones have a small problem because of the non-existence of English subtitles.

In my opinion Japanese TV has boring dialog with an interesting concept and a bad formula when it comes to the story.
China I have no idea I always bail can't even watch till the end if the episode maybe I just don't like the language or the people

> why is K-Drama so mainstream now
They made lots of binge-worthy shows full of attractive people that were successful all over Asia. However I feel like there hasn't been a mega-hit Korean show for a few years now.

I'm lucky to be on a private site that does all the K/J/C series and the best show I've seen this year was the CDrama "The Story of Ming Lan"

So many people started out watch KDrama's, me included, because of Coffee Prince. It's still one of the all time best.

Stay away from IU! She is mine!!!

Have you seen City Hunter, it is actually quite addicting. From 2007 or so I believe.

Wouldnt say japan stuff is obscure but that might be because of where we are, one thing for me is that japanese stuff is way more autistic, the interactions between the characters in the average j-drama feel way faker and weirder, kr has its share of cultural autism too but nothing that dire I feel

If you are into family dramas I would recommend My Father is Strange. Its 52 episodes and on youtube. Long weekend dramas like this are usually telenovella level trash but this one is actually good.

Also cute grill

Attached: ssom.jpg (550x413, 48K)

I've found that most of the Japan TV series are very focused on their own culture and story lines. It doesn't really work outside the country. Lots of shows about over-worked office men and office politics etc. Only ones that come to mind that I liked were Jin, Liars Game and Doctor X.

I mean more like the fanbase and the active community.

there aren't big discussion boards or helpful sites like tastedive for japanese or other shows.

In theory you have to download all new japanese shows and find out for yourself if they are great. That sucks.

Atleast for K-Drama you have big subreddits and now even Netflix or other big streaming services widening the audience.

Yes try healer same vibe

I like her two have you seen big man

The only place I can get a Japanese drama recommendation is from /jp/. lol

Theres /jp/ but i sorta get what you mean, i personally dont really like discussing media too much so I dont chase those comunities, whenever Im looking for something new i just pick at random something that looks cool or dip my toes in those circles a tiny bit till i get a lead

> from /jp/.
I can guess what kind of shows they recommend ...

I've looked into it but it doesnt seem that good of a series. Also I am more of a romcom kinda guy.

Attached: jsomin.jpg (1440x1824, 414K)

There used to be a jdrama thread there, not sure if its still a thing but it was akin to what this thread is for kstuff, as autistic as jp is theyre decently organized and ontopic

Gayest thread on Yea Forums ever

Try familiar wife

Is the longest day in changan worth watching

Why would I want to watch bad, ugly actors in shitty shows that I don't even understand what they're saying?

I don't care I'm happy watching "gay" shows I'll watch anything if I like it.

>why is K-Drama so mainstream now

yeha I wonder why...

Attached: 1563688344924.png (1214x665, 1.04M)

nah i will start a rami malek thread shortly

> I am more of a romcom kinda guy
I'd recommend What's Wrong With Secretary Kim

white women and netflix

You don't have to nobody cares what you watch did somebody force you to watch Korean TV if so report the abuse

Good taste, my guy.
That's exactly what I like but I already watched it unfortunately.

If you don't mind something so sweet it'll give you diabetes you could try Touch Your Heart or Love O2O.

I wish I had an army of teenage grills fawning over me

strong woman do bong soon is your best option or at least up there

.. and Queen In-hyun's Man if you like some Yoo In Na

That's already on my to watch list.

I think that those tv or music threads mostly have boomers that don't really bother to shitpost. Just avoid the idol threads

I know I don't have to. I'm asking why would I want to.

I've been watching "This is my love/My beloved Eundong" on Netflix. It's my first K-Drama and I like it. It's pretty sweet, and the main characters are very charming

I guarantee that the only thing that will make you sad about it is that they didn't make more

>Touch our heart
Yep that way too sweet, I couldnt handle it.
I dont really need a recommendation but thanks though.

I am currently watching 'When the Devil calls your name'. Its very decent.

The last kdrama I watched was Best Hit. It was really good. It had the male lead in My Sassy Girl. Before that I watched the Netflix show where a tv star time travelled to past Korea using a VW mini bus. It was really funny too. Don't really watch these stuff anymore.

i hate to say it but the korean shows that aren't produced by south korean tv stations, YES even the netflix ones like Kingdom, are way way ahead.

shows from korean tv seem to lower their budgets and production value each year. most of them are reality tv jersey shore tier now unfortunately

I don't know or care I like it because it has less propaganda almost no gays and if present its for a joke no black people a story that ends after 12-22 episodes and it reminds me of the 90s when white people where normal

how does watching yellow people remind you of times where whites were normal?
does full black casts remind you of it too?

That's why I stopped because kdramas became too mainstream that theyve been rehashing the same stories too close in the same time frame. It's better to watch the slightly older ones (early 2000s-2010s)

Yes production is not where it should be but the actor's are on a different level when compared to the rest of Asia and the short 12ep full story is the first idea that modern production will discard and that will really turn everything in meaningless crap like the US model

Yeah the Hallyu Wave seems to be over.

I can find a lot of similarity's between our cultures with blacks not so much.And I don't hear Asians complain about white people 24/7 when I'm watching Korean TV in fact it never happens.

Thats normal, theres tropes that are in everything and one either avoids or embraces as a stylistic points that that sort of show has, i enjoy the dynamic of kdramas, theres the sensitive puppy boy, the dumb/hick friend, the tomboy and the variations, I find it fun as cliche as it is
Problem I have with us stuff is that its very plot centered, you are watching to know what happens next, it has to have a 'big' eventful ending, asian stuff feels more about the characters, the stuff that happens is important because of the characters instead of the characters being what moves the story.

you should start watching african media then. they don't talk about whites either, because they don't have any.
or at least arabs. they just blame jews.
also, did i already tell you, you're retarded?

Sure give an example of a good African TV show with subtitles I'm extremely curios.And the reason I hate black culture is the victim mentality and welfere + I don't find black people attractive at all or very rearly.The reason I don't like black is because they are stupid+ugly its that simple its the same reason I don't like stupid and ugly white people.

>Not your typical Kdrama ending
Wait what? I'm the only one who stumbles into sad/depressing stuff then?

Yes most Korean TV believes in an happy ending not the cinema they like the sad stuff

It's not common. Especially not in a show like Moon Lovers that starts out like a traditional period romantic comedy drama with the female lead getting the attention of lots of good looking men but becomes something a lot darker and melancholy.

That Winter, the Wind Blows is pretty decent, recently finished it on netflix. the main guy is a con man and pretends to be the brother of a rich blind woman in order to get money to pay off his debt. the main woman is very attractive too

A Korean in Paris is sad as hell

any any melancholy or out right depressing k-drama? they are my favourite type

That's a film not a TV show.

>the main woman is very attractive too
That's like every Kdrama ever, it's one of the appeals.

Yup TV shows are generally not sad but film is