When your nostalgia ain't worth the shit it's printed on

youtube.com/watch?v=hBUxrnRRBT8

Attached: 1989-Upper-Deck-Baseball-1-Ken-Griffey-Jr.jpg (500x695, 318K)

This looks pretty good. I loved baseball cards as a kid.

Go watch it, it's on Netflix. That reminds me I need to finish it and watch this sperg reunite with his father that cheated on and abandoned his family.

My brother lost that fucking card. Still got Shawn Kemps rookie card tho.

>muh holohoax kid
What a kike

i still got a robert tractor traylor rookie card, kemp is still alive right? fat but alive...

It’s not great desu. It’s less to do with baseball cards and more to do with a Jew kvetching. It’s no big mystery, baseball cards value was a bubble and it burst. Just like beanie babies or Pokémon cards. The MC was either pretending to be dumb or was as stupid as that kid who kept his Pokémon cards in a binder because they would be super valuable one day. His dads a total scumbag for abandoning his family though.

Alive and somehow not broke enough to sell his ass to pay those 30+ child support.

First edition still have value especially charizard especially shadowless PSA graded charizard.

Shave those sneedburns immediately!

WHO LOVES ORANGE SODA?

Pokemon cards still have value.

Wow. As I get older, all these sports players look like children. I remember when I was a teenager thinking how even the rookies looked like grown men.

i have a johnny bench rookie card that smells like cigarettes. is it worth anything or did my retard parents destroy it by smoking in the house?
i also have a nolan ryan rookie i got from trading like 20 sports illustrated bullshits card to some idiot in grade school. that one is probably worth more than my charizard right?

>white men and their sons collecting cards of fucking darkies

the so called white race is a complete joke. sorry, but their sports worship culture is hilarious. they worships these blacks while at the same time they "hate niggers". where's the logic here?

So do baseball cards

>cards lose value over night
>trade 11 stores for some cases of cards

Sounds plausible, I'll be sure to tell everyone how shit Netflix is forever.

They’re Jewish genius

griffey is literally 17 or 18 in this picture. you are old and you have accomplished literally nothing. he got paid like $5 mllion that year just to smile and be a rookie. you probably begged your mom for his shoes at some point even after he became a cincinnati meme

Late 80's and 90's aren't worth shit. 1984 donruss box is worth something and PSA rookie griffey 9-10 can fetech $50-100 eventho the made millions of it.

>the mariners have never won a world series
>only 2 of like 50 teams have never won a fucking world series
>at one point they had griffey hitting 50+ homers a year and nolan ryan throwing 100 MPH+
why is seattle such a cuck city? it it because nintendo owns their team?

Had Edgar, Randy, griffey, arod all on the same team, all hofer and they couldn't win shit. 116 wins and couldn't win shit. 1yd away from winning back to back super bowls and choke. Sonics moved away. Homeless runs the city.

At some point you gotta blame the city for being shitty and cursed.

>tfw traded away a signed barry bonds rookie card back in the 90's

Attached: 1524306900260.jpg (693x448, 77K)

Yakuza fixed the games

you traded it for griffey didn't you? JR was a memorable player but nowhere near the legend bonds became. cucked!

i honestly don't even remember what i traded it for
traded it to my friend landon, and as soon as i got home my parents flipped
i was there when he signed it, bonds and bonilla came to my mall and i still got my picture will bonilla
i was such a dumbass

What piece of tabloid trash is this? Stupid boomer dad thinks that trading cards aren't a bubble and then drops out on the kids for whatever reason?

yeah you sound stupid. hopefully your parents beat you

>ha! baseball cards are stupid! my generation is way smarter than that
>i spent $300 on a charizard this month i framed it in my house next to my framed pepe picture. who needs a girlfriend any way?

The cards have nothing to do with why he left. The dad opened some shops in the hey day of baseball cards, made a lot of money, and sold his business before the bubble had burst. Then he walked out on the family. The guy had a connection to his dad through baseball cards since he spent so much time with him in the shop and they both liked them. The guy ends up meeting with his dad after 20 years but it doesn’t really explain why he left, just that he wanted to start over and he started a new family. He’s a total scumbag.

I worked at a card store, and the only people actually selling cards are junkies or the kids of people who died and dont want to do it one by one on ebay. Either way we would pay them fucking pennies for their shit, esp the junkies, that shit was probably stolen anyways.

Wow you have great reading comprehension skills and you’re very witty

they didn't
thankfully i learned from my mistake
best of luck to you with your anger issues

that fucking manlet

who the fuck cares about baseball cards

Isnt that the good burger guy?

Bubbles are actually pretty funny, same thing happened with comics in the 90’s. People think they’ll be worth a fortune and then they realize they being mass produced and aren’t actually worth anything

its cool glad you came out gay to them

remember when JR showed up on the fresh prince?

Attached: fjr.jpg (950x534, 59K)

you done projecting?

There’s a part in the movie where he visit a legitimately retarded guy with the worlds biggest collection, so. Yeah.

Fuck off zoomer

>tfw my retard friend is still buying Pokémon cards and says they’ll be worth something someday
Should I tell him Yea Forums?

Yes or he might make a shitty documentary in 30 years

but today IS the "someday" for pokeman cards. didn't somebody sell his charizard collection for like a million dollars after appearing on pawn stars? doesn't your favorite youtuber upload pokemon booster openings? baseball cards had just passed their "someday" bubble when pokemon hit in the late 90s and the trend carried over. if your friend is buying unopened packs he's gambling and could hit it big. if he's buying individual cards he is an retard

He’s buying commercial booster sets or whatever they’re called, from stores

yeah gambling is cool man. he might get rich. you should invest

>>I just wanted to go and make a new family with my baseball card money. A baseball card family.
Walking out on your wife because you fall out of love and are tired of her shit, sure I get it. Maybe he doesn't want kids, okay leave them too. But to go and start a new family, get a new wife to get tired of and have other kids that you don't want, what gives? Is it autism?