Is this any good or is it another one of those old long boring boomer movies?

Is this any good or is it another one of those old long boring boomer movies?

Attached: MV5BNDhmNTA0ZDMtYjhkNS00NzEzLWIzYTItOGNkMTVmYjE2YmI3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_.jpg (2170x3200, 1.25M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=izNxtsC1b4k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's actually very good.

Only if you aren't a zoomer

>Robert De Niro
His cock was mutilated at the end of Taxi Driver. Scorcese didn't introduce this to the script [CITATION NEEDED], and just called the CMCUI (cock multilator contracting univeral international) Company in order.

Attached: 2019-07-16 03_25_50-california earthquake - Google Search.png (696x733, 185K)

Russian roulette scene is one of the greatest scenes in all of cinematic history and I'm not memeing

It's a heavy film. It's definitely boomerposting, but good. Doesn't waste a lot of time on pew-pew war action like other 'Nam flicks

>wedding scene

>long boring

ahahaha oh boy...

to bad most people arent awake when it happened

It's a great movie with comfy first hour and a whiplash second and third. Intense portrayal of PTSD. Young Walken is cute as heck.

It's a great film, hell it's art, it transcends its medium

one of my favorites
fix your lack of IQ and attention span

For all intensive purposes, this IS still a movie that relentlessly insists upon itself.

its pretty good but its too far up its own arse and it gets praised like its the only vietnam movie there ever was

youtube.com/watch?v=izNxtsC1b4k

The Russian roulette and Vietnam scenes are all fucking great. Everything else is boring slog.

Skip through the wedding scene and ur gucci

its amazing. truly a movie that abhors violence and doesn't pander to impatient youths. gorgeous, too. check out all of the director's other films, they're all great. At least four of them are masterpieces.

amen

Half the movie is a fucking wedding

Its ok if you skip the first hour

>muuuuh post war trauma
Fuck this retard

Attached: image.jpg (620x357, 39K)

>comfy first hour
Bored to death is comfy now?

kys zoomer

someone take this pseud out of his misery

Reindeer Games was better.

you mean the guy who destroyed united artists?

>war is hard
>life is meaningless now
>lets play russian roulette
lel so realistic.

There's about threw good scenes but this shit is about 4 hours long

idk what politics you want to make this about but his films are incredible. he has no pretenses and made the only truly serious american films about race relations ever. his natural sense for beauty is nearly unrivaled and is never unimmersive.

> movie shows russian culture being commodified, russian immigrant loses his culture and forgets his parents names, all because american homogeny
> close friends forced into awful situation, their lives fall apart, cuz america forced them into it
> they all sing "God Bless America" in the end regardless; tragic, sobering yet true dedication

yet underage fags 40 years later think they're smart for boiling it down to " war is hard"

all that is just thematics and idea stuff, try opening your heart to the film a bit more and you'll see you don't even need to think about any of that for it to be a lot more than you said. hope you're baiting.

Pittsburgh kino

he single handedly destroyed united artists with his hubris and put an end to the auteur director era of hollywood and the american new wave.

>rotten tomato critic
Do you know how ridiculous you sound boomer?

It's incredible, top 3 best Vietnam movie

You do know it was all fake right? its just a silly movie not reality.
Stop pretending like its anything more than entertainment.

pretty long and boring. walked out after about 15 minutes.

I watched this once years ago and have no recollection of a wedding scene
All I remember is sun dogs and Russian roulette
Spoonfeed me

Its worth watching but multiple viewing reveals its massive flaws. Watch the boomer film once

The middle hour is kino.

Sadly, Cimino never could tell a fucking story in 2-2.5 hours, so he brought down United Artists.

Is the wedding scene one of the most successful pleb filters ever?

I'm sorry you can't enjoy something with soul, maybe Star Wars is a little more your speed