/swg/ Star Wars General

Rian Johnson's trilogy: confirmed to be in the early stages of development.
D&D's trilogy: trilogy not happening, only one of their scripts will be used if anything, no directing credits
The Mandalorian: trailer tomorrow or this weekend
The Rise of Skywalker: trailer sometime in the next few weeks
Obi Wan Disney + series: Ewan McGreggor signs on to star as Obi Wan in new series, will also direct a couple episodes

Attached: based riri.png (624x572, 214K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=1980&p=.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=9d8_-6pCgpM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ugh.

Ugh

>Rian Johnson's trilogy
Star Wars is so fucking dead it's not even funny anymore

I am eagerly awaiting the mountains of butthurt that Rian will give Star Wars fans

Shut up pleb and go watch Marvel with their "directors" that NPCS love.

This, Solo and Galaxys Edge gave a lot of butthurt to those shareholder fans, thank you Rian

>Despite rumors to the contrary and internet trolls decrying his specific vision of the “Star Wars” universe in 2017’s box-office Wampa “The Last Jedi,” Rian Johnson is charging full-speed ahead with his planned new trilogy of films entrusted to him by Lucasfilm.

>The “Brick” and “Looper” filmmaker, whose hotly awaited murder-mystery “Knives Out” bows this fall at the Toronto International Film Festival, told The Observer that he’s excited to get started on a new slate of “Star Wars” films disconnected from the dominating Skywalker saga.

>"I think that the fun and challenging part of it is to dive in, figure out what’s exciting and then figure out what it’s going to be,” Johnson said in the interview. “We’re doing something that steps beyond the legacy characters. What does that look like? To me, the blue sky element of it is what was most striking about it. I know the way that I’m coming at it, and what’s fun about it for everyone in George Lucas’ films, is figuring out, ‘What’s the next step?’ It really makes you think and figure out what the essence of ‘Star Wars’ is for me and what that will look like moving forward.”

Article doesn't say it's confirmed. Shill job

Attached: downloadfile-7.jpg (480x480, 33K)

I wish his films would flop but the sheer amount of hate watchers and soya defenders will probably have it make money.

>hotly awaited murder-mystery
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>whole article about it
>b-but the article never explicitly confirms it
Face it friend, it’s not a good thing

Attached: 0F675F6C-C3CD-45C9-8232-E1A035325642.jpg (576x1024, 107K)

I don't care about the performance or quality of the films, I care about the manbabies eternally shitting their pants over him and TLJ. It's been far more entertaining than the films themselves

I'll be contrarian. I think Rian's movies are well-shot and have a decent amount of verve to them. Star Wars felt stilted, as though he was uncomfortable with the material but it was still better than most recent blockbusters. If he's given breathing room simply to play around in the land of Star Wars, without needing be tied down by the Skywalker/JedivsSith saga, I think he could make a reasonably enjoyable movie.

>I care about the manbabies eternally shitting their pants over him and TLJ.
Ironically, if they stopped caring, he'd be out of the job.

Look at Anita Sarkeesian, for example. People totally stopped reacting to her antics and now she's a nobody.

Who fucking cares

>Anita Sarkeesian
Except she isn't a film director and some eceleb for /pol/ mongs or some shit

>Rian Johnson's trilogy: confirmed to be in the early stages of development.
Rian is the only one who have said this

If anything it will just be filler for disneyflix

Ugh.

I'm just waiting for the KOTOR movies to make white boys seethe

the butthurt will be hilarious. the only thing that would make them seethe even more if disney started to make prequels again. literally retconning the prequels out of existence.

>shill defense

My SW trilogy is also in the early stages of development.

I have already used a 64-crayon box on storyboards!

>that last paragraph
How can someone say so much and yet say NOTHING at all. Fuck hollywood faggots

>It really makes you think and figure out what the essence of ‘Star Wars’ is for me and what that will look like moving forward.”
>For me
Arrogant bastard

What if instead of seething, white boys just stop watching?

Like in the case of Ghostbuters or A Wrinkle in Time?

Shit on a hamburger bun.

Seeething

>Like in the case of Ghostbuters or A Wrinkle in Time?
love how you said these but don't mention the last jedi

star wars is here to stay. and it all thanks to white boys.

You're not wrong

Johnson is the only one who added something to SW since Tartakovsky

didn't like the last jedi
hear me out here.. though.. what if.. it's actually a good trilogy..

Attached: 1547392790415.jpg (900x900, 251K)

I was hoping D&D would be more involved so they could put the final nail in the coffin of Star Wars

Attached: danyexcited.jpg (720x679, 224K)

The mouse probably cut them loose the second the GoT finale finished

with any luck the mountains of butthurt will be paired nicely with the final nail being hammered into the SW coffin

Truth

The Last Jedi made billions so of course that's not an example.

Attached: Kao Cen Darach and Satele Shan vs Lord Vindican and Malgus.webm (1000x562, 2.96M)

TLJ was the highest grossing movie of 2017 and the best selling Blu-Ray and DVD of 2018. And a critical hit as well.
I, for one, can't wait for Yea Forums to implode again as Rian's first kino in his new trilogy comes out.

God I'm happy this edgy nothing-personnel-kid bullshit is dead and buried. The EU was pure cancer.
Way too many characters in it came off like pic related.

Attached: coldsteel.jpg (680x671, 79K)

They're not going to officially cancel it until they've convinced EVERYONE it's real.

After episode 9 they will decide what happens next with this dead brand but it's not going to be a whole trilogy by RJ

We need more pasta. Someone order some italian

>moving away from the legacy characters
This is good, the Skywalkers are boring already.

What kind of an idiot thinks that names like "Kao Cen Darach" and "Satele Shan" fit in world where there are characters named Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Sheev Palpatine, Sio Bibble, Porkins, Ben Quadinaros, Elan Sleazebaggano and Salacious B. Crumb.

Fucking based

Johnson effortlessly combines the deadly serious with low brow humour, as when he interrupts a dramatic starship battle with a prank phone call, and when he makes the 'wise sage,' Luke Skywalker, humiliatingly drink blue milk from an alien with oddly humanoid breasts. We feel like Johnson is with us in these moments, probing, teasing, mocking, but we also get the sense that he's laughing with us, and that he's a joyful guide taking us on a journey through a Star Wars universe more complicated and fascinating than the one we previously knew.

Throughout The Last Jedi our jubilant guide shows us incredible things in unexpected places. We find great beauty wrapped up in the overalls of a manual labourer; indomitable bravery and strength in command in the guise of a lissom, purple haired admiral; weakness, doubt and frailty in the franchise's (formerly) greatest hero; and, most importantly, hope in the most seemingly hopeless of situations, not just within the film, but the film itself represents that hope. With The Last Jedi, Johnson has provided the spark that will light the fire that'll burn outdated conceptions of what Star Wars represents down. Now the franchise is free to head in new directions and looks to be stronger than ever.universe which they thought they once knew.

Attached: milky.jpg (1024x429, 111K)

Not to mention Dooku, General Grievous and Whorm Loathsom. Star Wars names at their best are goofy as fuck.

Agreed

>The Mandalorian: trailer tomorrow or this weekend
>The Rise of Skywalker: trailer sometime in the next few weeks
D23 is next weekend and they have a panel for Disney+ and they've specifically mentioned Star Wars for their general movie panel. The trailers will be then. Come on OP, you couldn't even bother to research that much?

>best selling Blu-Ray and DVD of 2018
Made less in the home video market than Suicide Squad

Yeah, but Suicide Squad was for some reason a massive hit on home video and very few movies come close to its home video earnings.

Was suicide squad the highest grossing film of it's year? Do people still talk about it? Will they in 30 years? No but they will talk about the Last Jedi

Das rite, a fucking Star Wars movie made less than Suicide fucking Skwad in the home video market. It's a good thing for Rian that Star Wars is so dead that no other director wants to get near it now, the guy made TLJ that bad on purpose I'm 100% sure

I really hope 9 takes a major hitsy the box office.I think it will but it’ll atill make a billion and nothing will change.

Yeah but the movie made over half a billion dollars more in theaters just like beauty and the beast which had 87 million dollars worth of bluray/dvd sales domestically from one year compared to 95 from suicide squad

you've just realized that capeshit is candy

When has Yea Forums been right about anything? They still claim Captain Marvel is a flop. I'm beginning to believe this board is some alternative reality fueled entirely by high-octane memes

>They still claim Captain Marvel is a flop
We said Aquaman was going to make more than Captain Marvel and we were right. Aquaman made almost the same as The Last Jedi actually, funnily enough

>Aquaman made 1.7% more than Captain Marvel!
>It's a flop!

the absolute state of Dcucks

Yeah Suicide Squad not getting a China release was a big blow, it could have made a billion despite being awful. Not as bad as TLJ but hey very few movies are THAT bad

Then you already have higher quality storyboards that Rian does

>complain the prequels have all flash and no substance
>praise it in vidya

never understood this fandom

Attached: 1554253403377.webm (460x460, 420K)

This board is mostly completely retarded about everything on topic and usually shares opinions with the "normies, Npcs, faggots" on reddit and elsewhere when push comes to shove.
So lots of fake patricians here .

>articles mean things are true
I saw articles about this trilogy being cancelled too

TLJ was kino, nothing in DC or Marvel even compares

>C-captain Marvel didn't lose to Aquachad
HAHAHA get woke go broke, based James Wan dabbing on the Marvelfags

TLJ was shit
>dude remember when Yoda was a shitty puppet?!!
>Haha look titty milk LMAO
>yo momma jokes xD
>dude like let's just do the opposite of what they expect BOOSH MIND BLOWN!

>it’ll atill make a billion and nothing will change.
only if you and your fag buddies pay for it.

You sound like a tard and exactly the kind of person who gets filtered by actual cinema
Yoda puppet looked great

not the one in tlj, that looked like shit.

No it looked so nice that it made me feel

Disney will never allow it.

They have, Kennedy and Bergman (produced all of Rian's films) are on board funding it.

It was pretty great. Not completely perfect, but still easily the best depiction of Yoda since 1983.

Attached: last jedi yoda puppet.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

They already have.

whats wrong with its face?

TLJ Shills like you try too hard to fit in on Yea Forums, even the Snyder Defense Force was better at it.

you're a dumb blind cunt, that looks fucking atrocious.

You're not only lame, retarded and stupid but sad, they even had the same exact lady who painted the original eyes paint them again in the last jedi

>muh marvel v dc
Rian and Lucas are actual kinomakers

Maybe they should have got someone who hadnt been out of it for 30 years, it looks like utter shit. He should have been cgi.

that abomination looks like it came out straight out of Rian's ass
>b-but it looked good in a movie 40 years ago, that surely means it still looks good, r-right?

Lel

Attached: readmytextsbitch[(000037)2018-05-13-18-51-43].jpg (1900x800, 553K)

there is a difference between a original puppet that's good to use for a film in ultra 4k HD and a puppet warped by age that was kept at the bottom of a box and looks like a retarded baby with down syndrome.

>TLJ shills can't argue but can copy buzzwords without understanding any of them

Typical

>there is a difference between a puppet that is supposed to be of a living Yoda and a puppet that is supposed to be of a force ghost dead Yoda
Yes, Sherlock

>retard doesn't into Riankino
He filtered the plebs just like Lucas did with the PT

Attached: 1556425088926.jpg (720x537, 66K)

>Yeah but the movie made over half a billion dollars more in theaters
It made 1.3B while the predictions were 1.9B. From the investors point of view it's 0.6B in the red, retardo.

Keep using those buzzwords, shill, maybe you'll understand them one day

>the predictions were 1.9B
Laughable, stop being a marveltard

Yes, Forbes is laughable. What a brainlet you are.
And capeshit is shit, by the way. Seems like more of your kind of thing.

DID SOMEONE SAY REYLO GENERAL????????????????

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: reylo 001.png (889x525, 10K)

OHMYGAWD!!!!!!

OHMYGAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OHMYGAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: reylo 002.png (889x525, 8K)

>now she's a nobody.
She still does seminars, visits game studios and starts nitpicking every aspect of the devs work.

REYLO IS TEH BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU DISAGRE YOUR A NAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP BEING A NAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: reylo 003.png (889x525, 10K)

Yeah forbes is pretty retarded if that was their projection, huge movies regularly get 1-1.5 bil

Attached: Rian Johnson.jpg (842x632, 121K)

LOVE STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK 4CHANNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: reylo 004.png (889x525, 14K)

YOUR A FUCKING NAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIAN DOESN'T USE THE WORDS GAY AND RETARDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THATS OFFENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU FUCKING RETARDED FAGGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: reylo 005.png (889x525, 10K)

I don't care about starshit, but Yea Forums will be nice since these movies are certain to be garbage.

>huge movies regularly get 0.6-1.1b less than their predecessors
hahaha. what a faggot you are

It's because George decided to make Obi-Wan Kenobi some gold standard of Star Warsy names, created Qui-Gonn Jinn and tons of other characters with similar three part names consisting of non existant words.

STOP WITH YOUR HOMOPHOBIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU FUCKING NAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK DRUMPF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: reylo 006.png (889x525, 10K)

Most of the projects of the game studios she has shown up to have ended up flopping. She’s like the angel of death.

"and that's a good thing"

>everything needs to gross more than it's predecessor
Empire Strikes Back and Attack of the Clones say hello

>everything needs to gross more than it's predecessor
according to execs - pretty much yes
>Empire Strikes Back
grossed less because ANH was released in cinemas 4 times by that time. when ESB came out VHS was alreay a thing and people just bought the tapes
>Attack of the Clones
wasn't a movie everyone waited for over 20 years

Why are you so retarded? Why are you so bad at shilling?

YES SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DESTROY THOSE INCELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCK THEIR STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND FUCK 4CHANNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND DRUMPF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ONLY RAYLO MATTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: reylo 007.png (1396x525, 18K)

is this something thats posted in every thread? what the fuck is this shit?

Sheev wasn't named Sheev until Mouse Wars. In the EU, he has always been simply Palpatine.

>according to execs - pretty much yes
user every single captialist is like that and they are wrong it doesn't work like that

The middle entry in a star wars trilogy historically from the OT and PT grosses less than the 1st and 3rd entry. Because 1 and 3 are more popcorn friendly flicks with definitive ends and 2 is the outlier. That's just how it is.

Solo bombed.
Merchandise is in the toilet.
Galaxy Edge is a Ghost Town.
And their cartoon had to be cancelled.

Star Wars is dead.

YOU HATE REYLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOUR A FUCKING HATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A FUCKING NAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU SHOULD DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YOU NAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: reylo 008.png (1798x525, 23K)

Except nobody cares any more. See You lost.

Seriously who's even hyped for this shit? Redditors are the only ones watching starshit at this point.

800 million less than previous movie.

Worst audience scores in SW history.

Toys, games, and everything SW related tanking since.

Parks that cost them 3 billion $ dead on arrival.

Fanbase torn like never before, core money spenders walking away.

Nobody giving a fuck about new characters.

Next movie completely tanking due to fan boycott.

But yeah, let's pretend he did a good job and high box office is not only because of SW brand.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Granbelm - 07 [720p].mkv_snapshot_20.06.205.png (1280x720, 1.83M)

how new are you, faggot?

>They still claim Captain Marvel is a flop

Dude, literally no one believes people actually watched that shit when we could SEE the theaters were stone cold empty. It was nothing but Disney playing pretend. In Endgame the same theaters were actually packed. You can easily fucking tell an empty theater from a packed one, even from the outside.

Are you legit retarded? Do you even know how much name variety there is on Earth due to different cultures? Now imagine a galaxy with billions of planets and cultures.

That fight looks like autistic lightshow for babies but there is nothing wrong with names.

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP SAYING THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DONT SAY THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REYLO IS BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: reylo 009.png (1798x814, 30K)

Sorry I don't view star wars threads on the daily.

Attached: 1564796288230.png (1440x956, 113K)

Rian is getting is trilogy and I'm going to see it in theaters and get the 4Ks

It's because those names sound like wannabe Wei Dynasty infused chink and nip shit and not Star Warsy enough

>daily
you really are a newfag, are you? no, don't answer. we all know already.

ME TOO SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'LL GO AT LEAST TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND BUY 3 DVDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO I CAN SAVE STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND REYLO

Attached: reylo 010.png (1798x814, 79K)

Remember when Ultron made 200 million less than previous Avengers and that was enough to get Whedon fired from MCU and pretty much blacklisted by Disney?

Incompetence of Lucas Film under KK is insane.

Go back

There is no such a thing as SW enough you fucking autists. Compare Tatooine to Naboo. It's a gigantic setting that can have literally anything.

AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP SAYING THINGS LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU FUCKING NAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: reylo 11.png (889x525, 9K)

is that what you heard once you arrived here, pajeet? you know that doesn't mean "hello", right?

Maybe Disney shouldn't make so many capeshits and blame others for oversaturation

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONLY STAR WARS MATTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONLY REYLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: reylo 12.png (889x525, 12K)

>TLJ made 700 million less than TFA despite having a bigger opening weekend
HAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA RIAN JUST KYS BUDDY

Except that movies after Ultron only keep making more and more.

>a kino sequel to a flick made less money
>still was the highest grossing film of the year
Wow, thanks sherlock

Attached: you are beaten.jpg (2700x1779, 890K)

Ant Man and Ant Man 2 say hello.
Also marvel before the avengers was grossing low as shit and inconsistent with it's first 7-8 entries none of them were positively trending it was all up and down

>700 million less than TFA
>Solo bombed because of how bad it was
>Galaxy's Edge bombed because of how bad it was
Seriously, how come Rian hasn't killed himself yet? Doesn't he have any dignity left?

>attack of the clones grosses WAY Less than The Phantom Menace
>is the 4th highest grossing in it's year
>the last jedi grosses WAY less than The Force Awakens
>the number UNO highest grossing in its year
>Disney are retarded and release manlet solo 6 months afterwards
>you blame a shit movie nobody wanted being released a record 6 months after another star wars movie on rian

>that webm

Anyone looking at that pic and not expecting a fatty are just stupid.

so where's ant-man 3?

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS NOT RIANS FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: reylo 013.png (889x525, 14K)

Who knows or cares. Rian getting his trilogy.

sure

>when we could SEE the theaters were stone cold empty
So a few pictures on the internet = the thousands of theaters across the planet? go fuck yourself retard

>fuck SW so bad no one else wants to touch it with a laser point
Based Rian using his supernatural hackery to ensure himself a steady paycheck

gay movies for fags if im being honest

Ant Man 2 made 622 million $. SOLO made 390 million.

Seriously anyone defending Rian at this point is retarded. Before his bullshit SW was making over 2 billion with main movies and over a billion with spin-offs. That's better than pre Infinity War MCU.

And now? Empty parks. Empty multiplayer games. Terrible merch sales. TLJ was trash and Disney's refusal to admit it and war against fans on social media killed Star Wars. They lost the core fanbase that kept it alive for decades.

EXACTLY, SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXCEPT FOR RAYLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: reylo 014.png (889x525, 18K)

>>Disney are retarded and release manlet solo 6 months afterwards

There are 3-4 MCU movies per year. Stop pushing that bullshit SW fatigue crap.

>Rian Johnson wants to make something new

He saved the ST and he will save Star Wars

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAR TREK AND STAR WARS OWN EVERYTHING TO RIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIAN IS SO BASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM GONNA CUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: reylo 015.png (889x525, 14K)

boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=1980&p=.htm

By your logic why didn't ESB make way less money? And Attack of the Clones was garbage but not TLJ tier garbage. Toy sales were booming and kids loved giant CGI battles. Meanwhile TLJ destroyed toy sales. AotC inspired games were some of the biggest SW hits ever made. EA Battlefronts are a disaster.

Attached: star-wars-battlefront-2-games-widescreen-wallpapers.jpg (644x402, 71K)

This

It's hilarious that they would even blame 'fatigue'

I can't believe they're still pretending he's actually getting a trilogy. I understand it at first, they were just trying to save face but if they actually give him an entire trilogy after he pissed off the majority of the fanbase, they're retarded.

>Gareth Edwards makes a mostly well received movie and is never heard of again
>Rian Johnson makes a movie that the majority of people hate and he gets put on a pedestal

What did he add?

>There are 3-4 MCU movies per year
>thats means all franchises should be that shit and oversaturated
Fuck off and die you dumb fucking zoomer

>muh toy sales in the age of the video zoomer
>muh comparing generations to now

>Rian Johnson makes a movie that the majority of people hate and he gets put on a pedestal
Cope more you fucking Garreth Edwards shilling plebshit, pro tip: rogue one had reshoots with a different director, Solo had massive amounts of reshots and new directors, TLJ had no reshoots

Attached: tlj actual reviews.png (817x472, 41K)

>still in “early stages”

Fucking kek.

>toy sales tank
>solo bombs
>star wars park bombs
>all a few months after TLJ drops almost a billion from TFA and is hated by literally everybody
Wow a lot of coincidences!

I saw a preview for this the other day. In spite of a great cast, it seemed utterly unappealing. Every attempt at humor fell flat as hell.

TLJ fell hundreds of millions below expectations and turned away a legion of fans.

Galaxy’s Edge is a billion dollar blunder that’s also hurting Disney Land itself.

Toy sales have taken a massive hit. The decline of Star Wars toys also helped lead to the closure of Toys R Us.

Rebels TV Show was ended a year earlier than planned.

Resistance TV Show cancelled after only 2 seasons.

Rise of Skywalker movie trailer only has a fraction of the views of other more popular movies.

Social media chatter about Rise is very low.

Solo was a massive bomb.

Kathleen Kennedy still in charge.

The Rian Johnson trilogy will never be made. They’re only keeping up the farce so as not to hurt stock prices. Investors have already figured out that Disney Star Wars is turning into a massive billion dollar disaster.

Books and comic books also not selling.

Attached: Aliens Star Wars.jpg (3203x4320, 2.31M)

Wait, Disney gave him a new trilogy to do?

It is funny. But in a Comedian way.

Attached: 6A78A25A-66AD-4F3D-BD96-8850FDBBBAE9.jpg (1280x1968, 625K)

>Rian wants to butcher the franchise even further
It's on life support right now so I guess he needs to finish the job

ITS ALL NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR JUST A NAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP BULLYING RIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I COMMAND YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: reylo 016.png (889x525, 9K)

DENIAL KEK

I can't wait to see KK's replacement attempt to fix this mess after she's fired when ep9 flops

Why is Rian allowed to live?

IF Disney wants to shoot it's dick off and ruin what's left of the Star Wars legacy, that's on them.

I thought it was because he made BW want kids and be sad she couldn’t.

Honestly, you kind of have to go beyond legacy characters at this point. Most of the original actors are either dead or have one foot in the grave.

>If it's on the internet, it must be true
Imagine saying this in 2019...or any point after 1999.

Back to /r/StarwarsLeaks/ please.

>D&D trilogy cancelled
Why is that? Could it be because how they handled GoT? Funny that they completely butchered GoT in a rush to get that SW money, and probably (hopefully) ruined their careers for it.

It was forecast to earn over 2bn by Disney. It only grossed 1/3 bn. That makes it a failure in the eyes of shareholders.

>KOTOR series
Didnt you read nigger? D&D project is cancelled

fpspbp

Why do you guys keep watching and following this shit?

Star Wars is dead

*jumps on your 4 billion franchise*

Attached: manbaby.webm (720x304, 687K)

Congratulations on being a manchild lmao
Enjoy your shitty not-even-childrens'-movies

>D&D's trilogy: trilogy not happening
GoT literally died for nothing, what a fucking joke.

There is so little interest in The Rise of Skywalker that it won’t even get its own dedicated toy line. The first time this has ever happened.

What if it isnt because disney pissed off fans, what if its just because the younger generation isnt interested in Star Wars to begin with?

>Got literally died for nothing
It exposed them as hacks who shouldn't direct anything

Why is that though, superhero movies are so much more weak than even the worst star wars flick. Is it because of latinos and shitskins?

YYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS THE CHILDRENS FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND THERE PARENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: reylo 017.png (889x525, 11K)

>Watches bad children's movies
Found the manchild.

>TLJ had no reshoots
That's objectively not true? RIan admits they drastically changed the script halfway through filming in The Director and The Jedi. And there were the same standard reshoots that every blockbuster gets.
Please don't spread misinformation

Did anyone watch the recut of tlj btw?
youtube.com/watch?v=9d8_-6pCgpM

>No but they will talk about the Last Jedi
Making a shitty movie that makes people talk about how bad it is, that's kind of like an achievement
I wonder if the Ishtar guys are proud

Reylo is a pairing of two wh*teoids
We cant have that in this day and age

What did Instagram mean by this?

Attached: 0I_DbhoE.jpg (1080x1920, 223K)

Maybe. Star Wars never seemed like a thing hispanics and blacks were interested in. But even white kids dont seem to be as interested in Star Wars as they were in the past. Might be due to superheroes in the first place. Thats what they have been growing up with in the first place, so thats the sort of shit they like and Star Wars doesnt really capture that same feeling exactly so they arent as interested.

Stop sperging out faggot. My point is what if angry neckbeards dont actually have as much power over this shit as they think? Half the things in that list that are failing are meant mainly for children

It’s both.

Serious question. How could disney think its smart to give Rian Johnson his own trilogy after all the backlash over his single film, TLJ? How can such a massive company be this incompetent???

They have to pretend until after 9. There won't be another Johnsons wars movie.

oh shit he used the other r word

It's because the whites are now surrounded by mongs and latinos who wont shut the fuck up about Marvel.

My younger cousins who are both girls have seen the OT and PT and they are very young and love it.

FUCK YOU FOR INSULTING REYLO YOU FUCKING NAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HOPE YOU DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND YOUR FAMILY TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR A FUCKING NAZI TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE REYLO AND I'M NOT A KID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KIDS CANT UNDERSTAND SUCH COMPLEX AND PURE CONCEPTS AS REYLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DIE FAGGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: reylo 018.png (889x525, 40K)

Shhhhh don't go against the narrative

This shit fucking cracks me up. Disney's profits from thier films is like a piss in the ocean compared to the parks. Yeah sure each Disney film hits a bil, because it HAS too. Disney is so fucking big now they can't afford to fail, and if you've been keeping up with the news on thier parks (which I'm sure you haven't because that would destroy your precious narrative) you'll realize that attendance is low as hell and that they are in FULL PANIC mode.

See
It was critically the best star wars film since empire strikes back and like ESB was #1 in it's year

this is what I dont understand and I would appreciate any non sperg to explain it to me

so we know for the hollywood ki.. erm tribe it is about money
there is the odd producer who is in there because of passion, but lets assume it is mainly about money

they have the numbers and I can not see how these numbers do not show at least a double digit percentage of people highly dissatisified with RJs approach
EVEN IF they deem whatever the number is to be low, isn't more profit always more profit?
EVEN IF we are insignificat in our constant ranting, wouldnt going back to a directior with a better percentage be better?
EVEN IF they do not care any fucking bit about the """"integrity""" of their space fantasy franchise, wouldnt money drive them to take whoever has a higher success rate with the audience regarding scifi/fantasy movies?

So what is it that keeps this man afloat? Is my assumption of double digit percentage of the audience being dissatisfied wrong? Did they actually make profits? Raging incompetence? Money laundering? Nepotism gone crazy?

In short: if you apply the logic of soulless money making, why has this man still not lost his job?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TLJ IS THE BEST STAR WARS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BECAUSE IT HAS PORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND ROSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND HOLDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND REYLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine how much harebrained, retarded effort it took to make little boys stop being interested in laser swords and space wizards

>great atmosphere and tone
>great visuals
>great acting
>actual soundtrack this time
>comedy and drama
>no nostalgia baiting
>stakes
>not a death star

Have you seen modern children? They can't fucking sit still and have ADHD, watching Attack of the Clones would be like watching Lawrence of Ariabia for them or something they need fast cutting jump shit action and television direction instead of something that's trying to be cinematic.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIAN IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE SHOULD DIRECT NOT 3 NEW MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT 1000000000 NEW STAR WARS MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL ABOUT REYLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: reylo 019.png (889x525, 12K)

Because the one thing more important than making money is pushing a narrative
Its all part ofd the jews master plan

Because there was that fucking cliffhanger in 7, people still waiting and hoping for Luke...
And of course there was no fucking backlash afterwards, no Solo bombing, no toys sells and park failures, etc etc.You won't have another Johnsons anti-Star Wars movie, redditor.

Attached: 782.jpg (900x892, 316K)

TLJ fell hundreds of millions below expectations and turned away a legion of fans.

Galaxy’s Edge is a billion dollar blunder that’s also hurting Disney Land itself.

Toy sales have taken a massive hit. The decline of Star Wars toys also helped lead to the closure of Toys R Us.

Rebels TV Show was ended a year earlier than planned.

Resistance TV Show cancelled after only 2 seasons.

Rise of Skywalker movie trailer only has a fraction of the views of other more popular movies.

Social media chatter about Rise is very low.

Solo was a massive bomb.

Kathleen Kennedy still in charge.

Idk user. Maybe. But they grew up with Marvel film after marvel film before disney started to put out star wars. So id imagine that alone makes them less interested in Star Wars.

Are you genuinely autistic?
>Galaxy's edge
For children
>Toys
For children
>Rebels cartoon
For children
>Resistance cartoon
For children

Half of that list is literally for children. So it looks like my argument might actually have some basis in reality. But of course you are so autistic and have a massive victim complex

I'm working on my own trilogy scripts, because I'm probably a better writer than these nignogs.

But I'm not that big of a Star Wars fan so I need some goofy space-man names.

Because they grew up with mostly marvel movies? So thats where their interests are. Instead of watching what Rey is going to do in the next Star Wars movie theyd rather see what Tony Star, Thor, and Captain America are going to do against Thanos

YOU ARE AUTISTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REYLO IS NOT FOR KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE THE PROOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE A KID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND YOU HATE REYLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOTCHA YOU FUCKING NAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: reylo 020.png (889x525, 21K)

Star Wars movies don't exist for them to watch when they are young?

No-one cares, faggot. Mouse Wars is not canon and Rian Cuckson's trilogy will be dead on arrival.

Exactly. This board is normie central pretending to be patrician and so stupid that even /pol/ is more intelligent by comparison.

>"Beyond the Legacy Characters"
Actually a good idea, and what they should have done in the first place with the sequel trilogy.

best trannie

This kills the Disneynigger shill.

>I am eagerly awaiting the mountains of butthurt that Rian will give Star Wars fans
as am i. nothing is more rewarding than breaking toys and stomping sand castles.

It didn't die because of Star Wars, it died because they were bored and ran out of source material.

Tell that to Netflix.

>I think that the fun and challenging part of it is to dive in, figure out what’s exciting and then figure out what it’s going to be
....he doesn't have an idea yet?

>Tell that to Netflix
That shit company that's going to tank?

>Solo and Galaxys Edge gave a lot of butthurt to those shareholder fans, thank you Rian
The bad guys may be winning the political war but we're absolutely destroying them in the culture war. Everything is shit now and it's glorious!

Attached: 8a673ddf0697842a6ea5094ba2ef6dc5fdd556f63ecbe0277192a943dd8466d2.jpg (900x1200, 187K)

Do you think some artists create timeless music in the moment once they are inspired or do they plan it all out beforehand?

>2017’s box-office Wampa
...They do remember that the Wampa had its arm cut off and was left to die in an ice cave, right?

That company has roughly about the same market value than Disney

I think those artists are talented. Doing what talented people do does not guarantee talented results.

His trilogy was announced a couple years ago.

The Evil Mouse is destroying the Star Wars IP

Very Good

It survived in the EU.
But Disney killed the EU...
Never mind then.

Toy sales have been tanking since 2001

SW toy sells were better than ever during the prequels. Stop lying, you filthy pajeet.

>figure out what the essence of ‘Star Wars’ is for me and what that will look like moving forward.”

Attached: 1512999895406.jpg (720x676, 103K)

Kek

Disney has
>Disney originals and animations
>Disney musicals
>Disney Themeparks
>Avatar
>Marvel
>Star Wars
>Alien
>Xmen
>ABC
>ESPN

vs

>Netflix
>shitty netflix originals

>create seasons 4, 5, and 6
>mediocre, but quality enough to convince normies that this is "the best show of all time", similar like breaking bad
>naturally, disney becomes interested in you
>disney tells you they want you to write and direct a special star wars trilogy
>proceed to rush and utterly butcher season 7 and 8
>fuck it up so royally that even normies turn against you
>not even good enough for disney
>disney now tells you that they will give you a writing credit for one (1) film
>disney scripts are written in huge corporate meetings where the writers themseleves have little power over the "corporate guidelines" and marketing research
they're done
fucking hell
well deserved
fuck them both

And yet they are worth almost the same, or they were until Disney dumped 53 billion they will never recoup on another dead studio

>Netflix's Market Value Drops $26 Billion In A Week

>GoT threatened to take all of the public attention away from Disney's upcoming serials and movie franchises
>even got emmies
>had loyal and fevered fans for years before they even got started with star wars
>DIsney killed GoT by pulling its celebritant writers off the project just as they were bracing for a long haul to finish their own pretty-shit but accepted story
>It was all just as planned.

Disney is just Cipher but they leaned really hard in the entertainment industry instead of war profiteering

Attached: 49802054_2521150067958937_3195851698568429568_n.png (631x574, 430K)

Thanks for conceding, it was getting embarrassing really

>Netflix and Disney are worth the same he says

Their efforts to produce new content, secure the rights for additional content, and diversity through 190 countries have resulted in the company racking up billions in debt: $21.9 billion as of September 2017, up from $16.8 billion from the previous year.[16] $6.5 billion of this is long-term debt, while the remaining is in long-term obligations.[17] In October 2018, Netflix announced it would raise another $2 billion in debt to help fund new content.[18]

Even Disney doesn't fuck up this royally!

good riddance
they'll be back at writing Wolverine: Origins movies in no time

See
>26 billion market value drop
>24 billion in debt

>debt=bad
plebe

Based Disney desu

>doesn't know what market worth is
>doesn't know how many billions of debt disney is in
>thinks debt is bad when interest rates are below inflation
It was embarrassing then and it's embarrassing now, it's what I get for arguing with a disney pajeet

>he doesn't know
lemme guess, faggot, you majored in social sciences or comparative literature
RETARD

>walk away with a $20M+ deal from Netflix
Netflix will be gone before they see it in total, but D&D will be fine. Deep down, they know what they are and they'll accept it. The real danger would be if they were 10-15 years younger (they're both 48, the same age), hence why they were in such a hurry to get GoT over with and rush to the next project(s). They're both too old to be the "hot new showrunners/directors" and yet they only have one successful show under theirs belts, and it ended notoriously badly.

Attached: sxsw.jpg (1544x1029, 279K)

>Game of Thrones is more popular than Avengers while airing at the same time
>bribe the hacks doing it to get them out of there
I mean if they weren't losing billions on empty theme parks as we speak one could think the Mouse has smart people running the show

>it's gud to be in debt when people are dropping NETFLIX
lmao Disney is a monopoly Netflix isn't Amazon is taking it out and Disney lmfao

Disney and Amazon are tag teaming that bitch ass Netflix ass

Looks horrible. You only like it because it reminds you of an old puppet. Which also looked horrible

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (421x500, 24K)

That's not how exactly how it looks on film stock in the movie, faggot and it looks great. Not them.

>Netflix is worth almost the same as Disney
Why does this fact trigger you so badly?

>the only reason the mouse hired DnD is so that they would rush final GoT seasons and ruin the show, destroying mouse competition
Scary stuff

Didnt say they didnt exist, but do you seriously think some 7 or 8 year old is gonna be hooked on movies that are at least a decade old when they could be watching the latest marvel film in theaters? Come the fuck on

>worth
That's just stock. They own nothing and they're worth nothing. When the stock price collapses they will have nothing.

>netflix is dying people are dropping it
>it's shit
>Disney will survive
Why does this fact seem unlikely?

Endgame isn't even for 7 or 8 years old that should would be borderline torturous and child neglect for how bored they would get

I was 5 6 7 and watching the star wars OT that came out 10-15 years before I was born...

>>netflix is dying people are dropping it
They aren't
>>it's shit
Sure, disney+ has literally nothing to compete with them though
>>Disney will survive
After a govnerment bail out maybe. Letting them buy Fox was kind of a bail out already but the next one will be with taxpayer money

Real world has better stories than movies.

Also, did you know that Jeffrey Epstein committed suicide???

Bobby Kotick got to him

There was a great thread on here explaining how disney fucked up galaxy’s edge. But go on obsessing over your little hard-on for Rian

And when were you born? Also I guess i should have prefaced my comment saying a 6 or 7 year old on 2014, before any Disney Wars came out. You have shit like The Winter Soldier and GOTG coming out, not to mention all the marvel films that came out before. Yet you are going to try and get a kid interested in the prequels or OT? I dont think so.

>Sure, disney+ has literally nothing to compete with them though
Kek, netflix has nothing good content wise of it's own production

>There was a great thread on here explaining how disney fucked up galaxy’s edge
And what were your shill excuses? Harry Potter land is a cash printer, why is Star Wars less profitable and popular than Harry Potter?

Neither does disney. Fuck they don't have any new content for disney+, good or bad

They should scrap this trilogy and make a revan trilogy.
Hk47 is the comic relief asian with voice modulator
Jolee bindo is the mentor black
Bastilla is the love interest white woman
Revan white male

First movie could be revan fighting mandalore and becoming honorary mandalorian.
Second movie could be revan finding the first two coords of the star map
Finale is him finding the star forge and destroying alongside bastilla who became corrupted by the villains + the villains.

It really isn’t. Disney is a giant monopoly. Netflix is an over-leveraged tech company with no profitability in sight. Stop pretending to be smart

Where is Disney a monopoly? In movies? Dead market, Netflix killed it. Theme parks? They aren't and they are FLOPPING right now. Merchandising? Toy companies are going under because of how bad they're doing

Sorry fren but you're shilling for paper tiger. They make most of their money of cable tv, they are as good as dead

Wow look at all the flashy lights!!

Does anyone even care about SW anymore?
Serious question.
Every single disney movie was trash, there are no games, books, comics or anything for that matter, the sequel trilogy literally has no story or characters of any kind. Why would anyone be excited for ep9 or anything else?

>I mean if they weren't losing billions on empty theme parks as we speak one could think the Mouse has smart people running the show
That kind of diversification is why Disney has a future and Netflix doesn't. While Disney is abiding it's "failing" theme parks and other endeavors, it's carried by others still. Meanwhile, Netflix enthusiastically tried to spin-off / kill-off it's only other foothold besides content delivery and content production (DVD mailing) only to be immediately rebuked and then see future put into question. It's far easier for diversified companies like Disney, Amazon, hell even Sony or Apple to become Netflix than it is for Netflix to become like them. They'll always be hanging by a thread. It's why they're cozying up to politicians. They're trying to demonstrate their usefulness to the war effort so as not to get the gassed.

Things are already changing after Solo. Advertising and merchandising is leaning on the classics again. Personally, I think (depending on the content ofc) the most important thing we can do is support The Mandalorian, and Obi Wan shows. You don't have to pay for them for them to be huge, just look at Game of Thrones.

>Disney is a monopoly
What does Disney have a monopoly on?

because it's Thing You Know. Do not underestimate how brand loyalty and nostalgia can blind and cripple people. The first exposure to media, for some, informs their decisions for the rest of their life. Look at the hardcore Potter fans. They read the books, watched the movies and now it is all they live for. They live and breathe it. They never explore other fiction of any kind because compared to their first, truest Love, it is all unworthy and the cannot bring themselves to go out of their comfort zone. To them, exploring other media is not a lateral movement, it's a straight drop because they believe the first thing they found is the peak of creation and they don't want to move from their vantage over others.

Some people started with Star Wars and they will never abandon it. They will never watch or consider other sci-fi or space fantasy because it's all trash compared to the beauty and originality of Star Wars in their hearts. Some people, user, are retarded.

I prefer puppet Yoda to CGI, but the TLJ Yoda was fucking appalling.

>toys sells have been steadily decling since the 00's
>Toys R Us and other big chains expressed worries about competing online
>Target and Walmarts threatening to close their toy departments since they're not making money
If you think this is solely on TLJ you're the biggest retard on the planet. nvm talking to the same retards that think atilla was a hit and captain marvel is jew fraud. come back to reality

They'll hang by a thread when the streaming market dies. Now it's movie market that is dying, and that's why Netflix is worth almost the same as Disney despite being a streaming service

Americans

>Personally, I think (depending on the content ofc) the most important thing we can do is support The Mandalorian, and Obi Wan shows.
You're totally right, my fellow star wars nerd.

What about Solo and Galaxy's Edge? Is SW just the most unlucky franchise ever or what? And all this just after TLJ which coincidentally is the worst movie in the entire franchise

Attached: sw main character.jpg (810x1553, 665K)

Why are they trying to make real people look like animes when they simultaneously shit-talk anime all the time?

They'll only court the legacy characters (and by extension, the legacy audience) long enough to get the Star Wars mojo back sufficiently. They went in the direction they did initially for a reason. The latest theory is that Lucas still owns a stake in the original Star Wars and if they use any of it as-is, they have to pay him. Given the potentially scale of Star Wars, they dont want to pay him and they dont want to pay him in perpetuity so they're angling to retire his original Star Wars. This is a company that has seen Mickey Mouse go from a black & white cartoon rodent with noodle arms to a 3D animation lovely character. This is a company that is accustomed to putting content in vaults. As Obi-Wan would say, what Disney has done with Star Wars is their spesh-ee-al-i-ty and if/when they pull it off, their version of Star Wars will owe Lucas or his estate nothing. Just when you think "Star Wars is back", they'll go back to subverting your expectations. Star Wars is dead.

Attached: suffering.png (427x637, 218K)

>For the 1981 re-release, the line "Episode IV: A NEW HOPE" was added to the opening crawl
Shit I didn't know George changed the name back then.

he ret-conned his intentions and started talking about sequels and prequels not long after the original film became a hit. It happened so early on that faggots actually believe that he "always" intended 9 films, which he did not and makes no sense given the structure of the original Star Wars.

Attached: 1337977953171.jpg (651x719, 42K)

Why the fuck is everyone sperging out about galaxys edge when it hasnt even opened in disneyworld yet????

Daily reminder that Galaxy's edge took 1B to make and STILL isn't finished.
They haven't even begun building the themed hotel.

>confirmed to be in the early stages of development
LOL, this means absolutely nothing. There are literally tons of development ideas are being 'worked on' in Hollywood studios with less than a percent of them ever reaching production.

Then of course, there's no way Disney will ever let Rian direct a movie for them ever again, and they own Lucasfilm, so this is just nonsense.

>40 billion
Fixed that for you.

Because it's a star wars park empty in the middle of the summer and that means an estimated hit of 1.5-4 billion depending on how much are the operating costs (the park is actively losing money everyday is open and empty)

LOL @ Netflix, in pure desperation they pay through their nose for these hacks which both HBO and Disney threw out.

It's an early access model. Like the vidya games that make all the money. You know, people will pay for an unfinished game, which is sold as unfinished, so they'll pay five times as much to walk around an unfinished park for a day at a time, because fealty- I mean, loyalty.

Wait, Bergman produced this piece of shit? Why didn't they have him direct if they had him on board. Seventh seal is kino.

Attached: 1561833391011.png (572x1000, 147K)

I can't wait until Universal opens Nintendo land.

cope
Ram Bergman producer of Brick

>>toys sells have been steadily decling since the 00's
Want to know what made Lucas a gazilioner?
Hint, it wasn't the star wars movies.

Attached: sw toys2.jpg (801x153, 33K)

Sounds like SW has no potential to mantain interest.

>if a franchise doesn't release 3/4 movies a year it has no potential to maintain interest
I guess Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Jurassic Park/ World and the original Star Wars all had no potential to maintain interest when they were released.

>why is Star Wars less profitable and popular than Harry Potter?
Because the Disney leadership allowed incrementalism to be thrown-out the window. They put far too much trust in Kathleen Kennedy and allowed them to spook the audiences by changing too much, too fast and in a politically charged / socially-tumultuous time. They could not allow themselves to produce a "conservative" Star Wars for fear of giving aid and comfort to conservatives, and yet for their plans to succeed, thats just what was necessary. Whatever the details of Lucas' sale of Star Wars are, they probably involve some stake in the legacy characters and depictions such that Disney is strongly motivated to put them behind them, but they entrusted this task to people with a strong ideological agenda and that was a mistake. In other words, they could have changed Star Wars without making it "woke" and that is why they failed and it may be too late now as they've given leftists blood in the water to taste.

Attached: alien ridley.jpg (1382x2048, 98K)

If a franchise manages to lose interest one movie a year after only 4 years, maybe that franchise has no growth potential.
That's the problem with Star Wars, absolutely everything in it is derivative of the original trilogy because it's a very shallow universe.

Because this takes place 3500 years before the main saga and names were different in the past?

>If a franchise manages to lose interest one movie a year after only 4 years, maybe that franchise has no growth potential.
If you're a fucking marvel zoomer who knows nothing about the history of movies and franchises where the good ones actually were 2-3 years apart.

The reason it's failing is the Disney oversaturation, the released Solo 6 months after, not a year, not 2 years 6 fucking months. That shit should never happen for star wars because only marvel fans could ever want that in the first place for star wars. Let the fucking movies develop naturally and don't pump them out just because you can

Because M*N like anime and they're all incels, but WOMXN are strong and independent and can style themselves how they want! I hate this fucking timeline. If Earth were ever invaded by aliens, I'd sell out humanity in a fucking heartbeat.

>anyone who doesn't like The Last Jedi is an internet troll.

Fuck off cunt.

?

>muh over saturation excuse
3 Marvel movies a year
22 movies in 10 years
Multiple TV shows
Hundreds of comics
Dozens of video games

And an extremely healthy toy market.

Star Wars has failed because Disney ruined it and people don’t like it anymore. Fuck you and your excuses.

Most of the posts in this thread are just the op talking to himself

Stop doing that.

I know for certain they pick themes and ideas and then create a story structure around it, giving them just enough boundaries to improvise creative writing which they then edit for elegance and accuracy. So no I don't expect Rian to have the specifics laid out, but with this many years in, he should be saying 'I'm very excited for what we're going to do' rather then 'yeah it's a big setting it'll be interesting to see what happens when we get into it'

I think he's trying to downvote.

There's more than one wampa on Hoth user...

Attached: 1564877698135.gif (480x264, 566K)

>D&D were going to make Kotor
How bad would it have been anons?

There is literally no fucking way this retard is still getting his trilogy.

Disney is just afraid of SJW media backlash to say it.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX - 11 [720p].mkv_snapshot_05.59_[2015.09.12_01.47.07].png (1280x720, 1.37M)

ESS JAY WOOS don't like him any more than anyone else. He made a film where the stronk wamen's entire character arc was about being wet for a nazi. It is the Reylos and the normies that would lose their shit.

There was literally a million articles about feminist values in TLJ and evil internet Nazis hating it.

Honestly I hated last Jedi but if it's the choice between a RJ trilogy or a D&D trilogy I'll fucking bite the bullet and have RJ trilogy

I'd rather have neither and for Disney to die but it's the lesser of two evils

Attached: 1496185909631.jpg (766x936, 105K)

>The reason it's failing is the Disney oversaturation
not even 4 films a year would have "oversaturated" the Star Wars franchise, particularly when half of them are mostly self-contained stories. Disney Star Wars failed because they simply picked the wrong time to do the deal they did and execute the plans they made for going forward. They changed too much, too fast and in an environment where the target audience was not looking toward entertainment to reinforce "this aint your dad's Star Wars".

They misread the post counter-culture era of the late 60's and early 70s, where a lot of the entertainment landscape radically changed. Very few of that were shows or films from the 50's and early 60's that "pivoted" to boomer ideals and aesthetics. They just canceled shit en masse ("The Rural Purge") and then abruptly introduced new shit. They tried having both by doing a slow change like it was the roll-out of something new (hence, episode VI being a reboot) and failed.

Attached: 1cca4a327f26ef977856195a51c27c0c351e7f7b.jpg (600x300, 47K)

Who fucking knows what's real, Disney's in control of all of that shit so they can fake whatever they want, but at the same time people do pay for this stuff worry-free and Disney knows how to make that happen. It's a well-oiled machine, and all we know for sure is that poor writing and execution doesn't ruin a Disney project. Though they did massively downsize the franchise and I do hold Rian and Kathleen responsible for so openly trying to jettison the fanbase that would have watched those movies if they were good.

Checked. They’re considering “rebranding” Galaxys Edge now to an Alladin land. Absolutely and irrevocably BTFO.

>Disney Star Wars failed
>ST competing with the OT even with adjustments for inflation
What planet or reality are you guys living in?

Where is Jessica Hyde?

'articles' don't control what SJWs think any more than they control what you think. They are normie control. The normies are the ones that say 'strank wamen gud, but not too strank'.
SJWs say 'WHY DO WE NEED MEN IN MOOBIES AT ALL?"

As much as I don't want to give him a total free pass for TLJ, what could he do? He was building on a foundation of shit. Kathleen probably vetoed his idea to have Rey join Kylo Ren too.

It was dead and buried, now they are building a montain above the grave.
No butthurt, nobody cares anymore.
Yes Disney, please burn more money.

>Dude, literally no one believes people actually watched that shit when we could SEE the theaters were stone cold empty
Few pictures on the internet don't mean anything.
>It was nothing but Disney playing pretend
>muh disney bought their own tickets
Have sex incel

You’re telling me you don’t want a Bushy Hair Niggerwoman with Retard Bow action figure?

That looks like Matrix 2 & 3 that had boring dance fighting with zero tension.

At least the Empire killed some Ewoks, I bet these guys aren't going to get a scratch.

It's really funny how Yea Forums still talks about SW so much when barely anyone cares in real world.

It's going to be a rude awakening when IX makes less money than last Ant Man.

Attached: AbsoluteDuo op2.webm (1280x720, 2.83M)

>Disney Star Wars isn't failing
>this is all perfectly normal. you're just clinging to the past
>who are you gonna trust? Me or your lying eyes?
I have to admit, sometimes your planet and reality seems tempting enough to sell-out for. But then I remind myself of how miserable you all look. Even when things go your way. There's just bitterness behind the eyes that comes from too many years of living life like it's a zero-sum game and defining "progress" by what you can control and how you can twist it to fit how you want the world to be.

Attached: 1546486432699.jpg (416x480, 45K)

I'm eagerly awaiting the butthurt from Disney when it tanks

Also Wallmart is removing SW toy areas due to low sales.

Attached: EB1R6u-WsAALM0G.jpg (1920x1440, 501K)

>ignoring yoda puppet from original cut of episode 1
Get out zoomer

>directed the best Breaking Bad episodes
>directs the worst star wars movie
How did it happen.

>>directed the best Breaking Bad episodes

Fly episode was literally ripped off from Babylon 5.

>replaced by Fortnite toys
AHAHAHAHAHA OH NO NO NO NO NO

Show proof its failing.

Attached: EB1-5hlXYAAFJBC.jpg (1200x1200, 275K)

Attached: germany.jpg (584x1051, 95K)

I don't really care anymore. I don't think Star Wars is that big anymore in the cultural zeitgeist. I truly believe that Star Wars is dying fast, and after the end of this trilogy the fandom will die. It's going to be glorious.

How is he getting his own trilogy? The executives HAVE to see how much less TLJ made than the force awakens, how much people generally dislike the film, how divided the fanbase is because of the film, the tanking product sales, the dead park, they have to know that it's because of Rian right?

I mean seriously, they can't be this stupid. It doesn't seem to be for an agenda either, I mean this guy made looper for fucks sake, a truly mediocre concept and poorly executed film, and they are just handing the series over to him?

I'm genuinely baffled.

Attached: 1560717025638.jpg (512x288, 17K)

>the fandom will die
What fandom, there's only trend hopping soibois and middle age cat ladies.

>a dozen stores across 11,300 retail stores globally mean star wars is failing

Just like the Captain Marvel huh? Pictures on twitter are not evidence, hard numbers, business journals that is evidence. You're not giving me profit numbers, you're giving me pictures on twitter

The fandom I'm talking about is retards that STILL discuss TLJ even while hating it, or the people who "love it". There are people who still give a shit enough to debate people online or have an opinion about the films and if it can be saved. Once the new film comes out that will end, and noone will talk about star wars anymore unless a new one comes out but it will never be as hyped up as episode 3 was or TPM. Those days are done.

>hey guys, watch me shut 'em down with one simple challenge:
>prove this negative

Attached: arnie-side-eye.jpg (550x588, 37K)

>I mean seriously, they can't be this stupid.
One can only hope and pray user, hope and pray.

I know people here don't like them but red letter media put it in a very good way. "they gave one of the largest franchises in human history to some guy" -talking about ryan Johnson.

Disney gave control of star wars to a glorified secretary who doesn't play safe who then went on to embrace nepotism and hire a bunch of nobodies with no guidelines and if you even remotely step out of line you get fired.

star wars is fucked cos the management is fucked cos they gave control to a nobody who is more inept than a blind quality control supervisor for a factory that makes TVs in china.

No one wants to say it's canceled because Episode 9 is in the pipeline, and they want to know how well that does before committing to anything.

Note that only Rian is saying that he's still doing the trilogy so far. That may change with D23, but if not, that means they're still on the fence.

looks like some babushka who's just seen a tushie

>b-buh Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel is helped by the goodwill given to it by MCU fans and the anticipation for Endgame. Right now the real question is how much of that was because people wanted to see it because of how it tied to Endgame, and what happens in a post-Endgame Phase.

So far I hear less people talking about Rise of Skywalker compared to Captain Marvel, and usually when Rise of Skywalker is brought up, people bring up Last Jedi in a negative fashion, reminding other people of how there were no real story hooks by the end of the film.

the CEO of Hasbro said in a financial report a few weeks ago that the only issue the company has is shifting all the shitty Disney star wars toys. star wars may be healthy on the big screen to an extent but toy sales, specifically toys for the sequels are terrible

tell us about the star wars videogames, how well are they selling?

Attached: 1564904175707.jpg (669x899, 510K)

And Captain Marvel was actually advertised. ROS is out in a few months and there's not even a poster for it.

There are already two fiscal reports from Disney to their shareholders telling them Star wars don't sell you filthy faggot.

Attached: 1565905451608.jpg (1535x3119, 1.16M)

Attached: shills.jpg (1512x518, 215K)

Attached: 1565431377853.jpg (1948x4680, 1.96M)

Show me Captain Marvel toy sales.

Movie did good because of Endgame hype. Entire MCU is doing crazy good and even bad movies will sell with brand alone.

Attached: 1518286216975.jpg (525x469, 33K)

Attached: 1551226598870.png (1540x1436, 510K)

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a mouse shitting in a human mouth - forever.

Okay, this is hilarious.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Granbelm - 07 [720p].mkv_snapshot_20.27.843.png (1280x720, 1.7M)

>"they gave one of the largest franchises in human history to some guy"
It's a funny quip, but Rian Johnson was not just 'some guy'. He was a fairly well respected young-ish sci-fi director after Brick and Looper. If the rumors are true and Lucas retains some stake in his Star Wars, thus prompting Disney to aggressively deviate, they would have been strongly inclined _not_ to bring-on someone who had proven that they "understood Star Wars". They'ld go looking for someone who could be trusted to "do something different". They simply failed to anticipate how much supervision was necessary to prevent the whole thing from going off the rails with politics and "subversion". These days, "be different" can be a euphemism for "be insincere".

Attached: lame duck.jpg (647x604, 139K)

Attached: last jedi grosses.jpg (654x680, 75K)