True Detective

Are seasons 2 and 3 worth watching?

Attached: true-detective-logo-920x584.jpg (920x584, 63K)

Attached: C2A6D9F2-C196-4BE8-956F-E313F7E07DDA.jpg (184x184, 7K)

I ironically barely remember season 3 and I couldn't get into season 2.

Season 3 definitely is. Only brainlets hate it because they didn't get it. The ending was a little convoluted.

Season 2 is worth watching, just know it isn't good. The plot is very straightforward, the best scenes are literally aimed at the fast and furious crowd, and they threw in a woman and a faggot just for fun it seems.

I could never make it through the 3rd episode of the second season because the writing is absolutely fucking horrendous with some of the lines the actors say
>never do anything out of hunger. Not even eat
Woman cop pulls out Jule pod vape thing and Colin Farrell delivers masterpiece lines such as
>I tried it once. I couldn't tell if I was smoking the damn thing or if it was smoking me
>It just looks like you're sucking a robots dick
Holy shit season 2 was so fucking bad I didn't even attempt to watch any of season 3

Attached: 687474703a2f2f36382e6d656469612e74756d626c722e636f6d2f6263616562616137653761366630623265373733336665 (500x215, 53K)

>Season 3 definitely is. Only brainlets hate it because they didn't get it. The ending was a little convoluted.
People here predicted the ending by the 3rd episode. The problem wasn’t that it was convoluted or hard to understand, the problem was that the crime that the entire season is about was totally underwhelming. They spent half the season building up a very complicated and intriguing case, then it fizzles out over the last few episodes. The ending is not just predictable, it was boring. I won’t get into specifics due to spoilers but come on. Season 1 was great because the main characters and the crime were fascinating. Season 3 the characters are okay but the crime is dull.

1 is God Tier
2 is great just don’t expect a masterpiece like 1
3 seemed like it’d be 1 level but it wasn’t, worst of the three and only one I wouldn’t rewatch

>I tried it once. I couldn't tell if I was smoking the damn thing or if it was smoking me
Is that a real quote? Jesus Christ.

skip them both and watch the true spiritual successor to TDS1, Sharp Objects.

Attached: sharp waifus.jpg (1365x2048, 466K)

This. Just watch S2 then Mindhunter S2

Sharp Objects was great until the last episode. I just couldn't buy the twist at all.

It really is. All 3 of those quotes are and there were more but I can't remember them since it's been a year or so since I tried watching it.
Keep in mind this is all within the first 2 and a half episodes and I couldn't take it anymore.

>just watch Mindhunter 2
Lmao, you think I'm not already anticipating this? Obviously new season dropped today, but I've been busy.

Where do you go from child raping serial killer with ties to government and church elite cults? How do you top that? Anything at all would be boring compared to the first season. You would need to go all out sci-fi and add in reptilians and Jews and grays and Pleiadians and hollow earth Nazis and psychic vampires and archons.

this

Sharp objects was such kino

2 is a masterpiece. Mood and cinematography are top notch.

3 is more low key

True detective season 2 is the godfather 3 of true detective. It's pretty good in its own right but when you factor it into the franchise it sucks

2 is better than 1. Thinking 1 > 2 is a pleb marker

This. You can't expand things much more from Season 1 before the scope of your series becomes national or international, as seen with the recent Epstein case.

And once that happens it becomes more akin to a spy thriller than an outright detective case.

Sometimes the only winning move is not to touch the story again. Possibly in 10 years when a really good script comes along.

Did you like how it all led up to "signatures everywhere", or the drifting into the moon scene better? I really loved how half of the main characters didnt matter at all. You fucking moron.

Explain this or else you're a faggot

season 2 is pretty good

you should check out the book, apparently it really fleshes out the characters and gives Amma a ton of backstory so the blow isn't as harsh.
still a great show even if I kind of agree with you on the ending. the acting/setting/atmosphere is so fantastic. Camille and her moms relationship feels so real. i didn't expect this level of kino from someone who writes glorified airport novels

Attached: amma.jpg (3450x2456, 3.06M)

I was thinking of reading the book because I really did enjoy everything up to the reveal. Thanks user, I'll put it on my list.

NUCLEAR NO on that

I thought the reveal was fine. They did a fine job of making Amma seem very 'off' up until the last episode, so I had always had a sneaking suspicion she had something to do with everything. the tooth enamel thing was a bit much, though. definitely going to read the book

In a way I agree with you, both are excellent. S2 was more ambitious, also more realistic and more pessimistic. The story of S1 felt more "standard" somehow, it was easier for them to execute and for the audience to digest. S2 really is a pleb filter tbqhfampai. Didn't see S3.

Why is no one talking about the Refn show anymore

Sounds like max Payne (1) cringe dialog. The only difference is that the game did it on purpose, like an exaggeration of the noir genre.
TD S2 just went retarded

>watch season 1 again
wow time is a flat circle

because like everything Refn has done post Drive, it was flavor of the month meme shit

>People here predicted the ending by the 3rd episode
people didn't predict shit. it's only because of the behind the scenes spoiled the reveal. the whole mystery was over by that time

If you didn't go to college or California.

Whoa.

yes. dont listen to the fags. Season 2 actually has some really good moments.

Attached: Eliza-Scanlen-photo-by-Anne-Marie-Fox-HBO.jpg (1200x1800, 323K)

I don't think I want to waste my time on "a few good moments" if it isn't consistently good.

kino

Attached: 1532327330634.png (1004x1129, 1.23M)