Star Wars: Disney Re-Releases Entire Saga on Blu-ray With New Box Art

cbr.com/star-wars-disney-entire-saga-blu-ray/

>SO YOU DON'T WANT TO BUY THEM AGAIN? WELL THAT'S TOO FUCKING BAD

Attached: star-wars-a-new-hope-cover.jpg (675x855, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=nTPU8rY0ZF8
youtube.com/watch?v=dHfLX_TMduY
bitchute.com/video/5KT3yzwxyo5E/
youtube.com/watch?v=PiDRgDmXGi4&ab_channel=AbsolutAndy
youtube.com/watch?v=TfPvjWcAtSA
limetorrents.info/Star-Wars-4K77-2160p-UHD-no-DNR-35mm-x265-v1-4-torrent-12919090.html
limetorrents.info/Return-of-the-Jedi-4K83-2160p-UHD-DNR-35mm-x265-v1-1-torrent-12947041.html
thepiratebay.org/torrent/11880653/Empire_Strikes_Back_1980_1080p_35mm_Renegade_Grindhouse_Scan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

are they gonna have the old cuts before lucas went nuts on them?

Attached: 1544050119755.jpg (741x568, 92K)

Is this the original cuts?

if Disney had any balls they'd put out 4K remasters of the original theatrical version of the first three Star Wars films

>There was no word on what additional content, if any, might be available on these versions, though they will include a digital version of the film. As this announcement does not come from Disney officially, it's possible this art will not be used.

if they had any balls, they would rerelease new prints of the original 35mm.

That looks like what ends up in a homosexual's toilet.

No, Kathleen Kennedy has promised that so long as she's in charge of Star Wars, she will "honor" George Lucas' irrational hared of the true originals. Download the grindhouse 35mm scans of all three and be done with it, until someone unearths the cut footage from SW and RotJ (that did make it into theaters) that is.

Yessssss, milk the cow, Disney. Milk it!

Hands down some of the WORST box cover art in recent memory.

You do a total re-release and this is the garbage you put out?

Fuck man.

Her mouth looks fucked up

>are they gonna have the old cuts before lucas went nuts on them?
No one has seen the original versions of SW or RotJ since 1982 and 1983 respectively [sic]. And we may never see them again, not officially and most likely not for RotJ for a long damn time or ever.

4k80 soon, its almost over

She got mouthy so Han punched her cheek. It was a different time.

This isn't even that bad. This doesn't touch the OG cover art but realistically it could be way way worse.

Physical Media existed before the Special Editions.

Probably. The only real obstacle Disney had from releasing the original cuts was entirely on Fox, given how they owned the rights for distribution of the original films. However, with the buyout, Disney now likely has access to everything. They've probably been working on this for a long time. I'm not a fan of the (((mouse))), but I'd be lying if I didn't say I'd be exited to watch the classic versions.

Attached: 247570_large.jpg (195x249, 22K)

The physical media responsible for creating all the copies is missing, user. Reels and reels of SW and RotJ are missing, lost if you will. Only TESB remains fully intact.

Agreed, they can have my shekels if they release the Unaltered Trilogy in good quality.

And every night, George Lucas descends to his vault below Skywalker Ranch to look upon the original masters. He chuckles to himself before diving into his pool of Spanish doubloons.

Nope, dude. KK promised that the unaltered cuts are not forthcoming from Disney. Those "unaltered cuts" are a lie anyway; Lucas chopped them up upon the premiere of SW and after the release for Jedi. CBS played the premiere cut once in 1982, and no one has seen the original, original Return of the Jedi since 1983.

I know what you mean, but the way you wrote your last post made me think you were saying that the Unaltered trilogy hasn't been seen in any way, shape or form since their theatrical release when they had plenty of VHS and LaserDisc releases (and the crummy 2006 DVD).

In all seriousness, I doubt Lucas even remembers what he cut from RotJ, and he doesn't care if the premiere cut of Star Wars is ever officially seen again either. I put one together of SW, but it's still missing some footage of C-3PO wandering in the desert (no for sale version of that scene is complete) and a few other small moments.

t. super anal SW guy

Just download and watch Harmy's Despecialized.

I already got 4k77 and like this user says

>ade me think you were saying that the Unaltered trilogy hasn't been seen in any way, shape or form since their theatrical release when they had plenty of VHS and LaserDisc releases (and the crummy 2006 DVD).
That is correct, though. Only TESB survives intact. Regardless of the packaging or promises, no one has the complete original Star Wars or Return of the Jedi in any official capacity.

What the actual fuck are you yammering about
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nTPU8rY0ZF8

Yeah, it sucks. At least I'm old enough for the Star Wars that I grew up with to be the pre-special edition cuts. I wish I still had those old VHS tapes.

Those guys don't know what I know and I do have old copies of Star Wars Insider to back me up. Don Bies(the former archivist and Boba Fett stand in) even admitted that there's a chance I'm correct and I am.

We gotta keep in mind it's entirely plausible Lucas put a rider in the contract preventing Disney from ever releasing the original cuts.

>I wish I still had those old VHS tapes.
Yeah, there is a chance that maybe parts of the real lost footage of SW may be on an early TV edit, which did tend to have the old Aunt Beru dialogue mix;et al. No one seems to have any proof that the original cuts were shown on TV, but maybe someday.

Yeah, it's fucking bad. They even fucked up Anakin's lightsaber.

Attached: ezgif-1-666f4a5a3c8d.jpg (738x924, 91K)

yeah I got em' I'll probably watch them tonight

Original cut on disc? If not, then STAR WARS FAGGOTS BTFO YET AGAIN.

They're the Special Editions+further changes.

I don't understand this original cut bitching, I have the original cuts on DvD, you can get them on Amazon fairly cheaply.

>I have the original cuts on DvD
No, you don't.

I mean, I am color blind, but how did they fuck it up exactly?

The dvd unaltered cut looks like an old VHS tape, what the fans keep asking is to have the original cut released with a proper remastered version, which is not hard considering its just some few mins each. You can leave the rest as it is

Anakin lightsabe is not red during AOTC

I mean, the advertise themselves as the original cuts at least. I am a little too young to have seen them at the cinema. My first set I owned was the 95 VHS releases, and they are a cut before that at least.

It's red and not blue. Maybe they were making an artistic statement about how he's become Vader, but that would have taken brainpower.

Anakin's lightsaber was always blue. It was the one Luke received in ANH. Vader's saber was red and only made after he became Vader.

Ah, that is it. Being colorblind and all, I assumed it was the green one

Got to keep it consistent with Rogue One!

True, plus I went a bit too far because The Empire Strikes Back did get truly released uncut on DVD, but the others may be lost.

>My first set I owned was the 95 VHS releases
Those are close enough(better than nothing, right?) and some of the cut footage can still be enjoyed in comic books of the day at least. Actually the 1995 releases are tons better than anything released since.

Yeah, they are still my favorite cuts. I still keep a video player working just for them.

I'm sick of watching my vhs tapes except Empire because that edit is actually good. Have been waiting to buy this for so long but it'll never happen.

I wonder if they’ll at least touch up some of the SE effects. Mos Eisley looks like shit in particular, and while Jabba got the visual upgrade in the post-prequel DVD release, he still looks pretty bad.

Watch the Silver Screen Edition, Renegade Grindhouse ESB and 4K83. Don't put up with Harmy's putrid 720p garbage

>Being colorblind and all
Can't you adjust your screen settings if you're colorblind to see things like we do?

The 2006 DVDs were directly copied from a 1993 LaserDisc release in a very quick and cheap way resulting in a grainy picture quality with motion smearing.

It is also non-anamorphic, meaning that it is presented in a small letterbox in the middle of the TV that would require zooming in to have it take up the whole screen.

The Special Editions may be bad only made worse with each new version and tweak, but "Jabba, you're a wonderful human being" is one of the greatest Han Solo lines of all time and I love it.

If they actually cared, they'd have alll the cuts. My favorite versions were always the 98 Special Editions

They got the colors just right on those too. Vader's lightsaber in TESB is red, not pink like the Blu-Rays.

>I still keep a video player working just for them.
Kind of ironic that Lucas is forcing his fans to be the old guard of old technology, huh?

no theatrical release no buy

>It is also non-anamorphic, meaning that it is presented in a small letterbox in the middle of the TV that would require zooming in to have it take up the whole screen.
I thought it'd be smart to use my TV's zoom function to sort that out-big mistake. For all the reasons you stated, those DVDs look like shit when they're zoomed in. Don't do it.

>, but "Jabba, you're a wonderful human being" is one of the greatest Han Solo lines of all time and I love it.
Me too. The SE's have their place. I don't mind if they literally add a kitchen sink to all of them, just include the originals and all will be well.

They'd make more money than the sequels did

>If they actually cared, they'd have alll the cuts. My favorite versions were always the 98 Special Editions
('97) Based and lightsaberpilled.

>except Empire because that edit is actually good
Fucking kill yourself.

I have the 2006 DVDs, they're the only way I've watched the movies in years. What's wrong with them?

Not HD, really it's just about the only thing missing from those particular releases.

Wtf is so different about the originals and the more new versions?
You faggots aren't still whining about Hayden being in it at the end are you?

See

why did you greentext, newfag?

>What's wrong with them?
Absolutely nothing, on a CRT.

>Franchise has some of the best film posters of all time
>Don't use that on Blu-Ray cover, instead use some shit a high schooler could have done with Photoshop

What would Disney have to pay the original illustrator money or something? These do just look like shit.

Attached: 71JwsvrILKL._SY679_.jpg (450x679, 97K)

Just look it up on google you lazy faggot

Watch this video. youtube.com/watch?v=dHfLX_TMduY

Harmy's is by far the best way to watch Star Wars. It's a labor of love and every fan should have a copy at this point.

>new prints of the original 35mm.
The reason they did the THX remaster in the 90's was because the master of ANH was falling apart, and if they didn't remaster them all, they'd be gone forever.

Jews gonna Jew.

I still have the unaltered VHS copies

The saddest part is, those masters already had stuff cut out from them and not many people seem to care.

All I want are the Special Editions but without Hayden Christensen at the end of RotJ.
I have nothing against him and enjoyed the prequels, but it's old Anakin that should have been with Oni-Wan and Yoda at the end. Replacing him with his younger self implies he never redeemed himself before he died, so it makes no fucking sense.

Just for Empire. The original Star Wars premiered in May of '77, then the August general release came out and was cut down either before or afterwards, then in 1982 CBS got permission from Lucas to show the true original just once. Same thing happened to RotJ, but it never had a one time only showing like SW did.

>Replacing him with his younger self implies he never redeemed himself before he died, so it makes no fucking sense.
It also implies that he fully redeemed himself, while Obi-Wan and Yoda didn't.

bitchute.com/video/5KT3yzwxyo5E/

That is a good version, but it's still not wholly original or complete.

>SS
>Not 4k77
>ButtChute

I didn't even think about that. Yet another reason why he looks so out of place there.

You mean when they changed it from 'Star Wars' to 'Star Wars A New Hope EpisodeIV'? Big fucking deal

No, they cut out entire scenes and parts from existing scenes. The addition of ANH and the crawl in 1981 is nothing compared to what got trashed. Lucas didn't know when to quit.

Most of the little touch ups that have gone into the films are fine, but stuff like all the CGI animals and the balls-in-a-vice scream in ANH and all the CGI stuff added to the Jabba section of RotJ need to go too.

They also cut out the 30 minute prison gang bang scene in the showers with leia, unfortunately.

Thanks for this, user. Definite upgrade over Despecialized, and I'd never heard of it

Star Wars is dead

Get 4K77 instead of Silver Screen.

>all the CGI stuff added to the Jabba section of RotJ need to go
This. It's fucking embarrassing watching that part with someone else.

noDNR or DNR?

DNR unless you like grain a lot. I mean the DNR version still has grain it isn't too aggressive at all.

I don't mind some of these covers. Dislike Attack of the Clones, but most of these are OK.

no thanks

Attached: 1.jpg (5312x2988, 1.09M)

It will always live on as VHS or perhaps a purloined negative.

good goy

4K77 is fucking garbage, it's yellow as fuck and looks like shit.
SSE is way, way fucking better

>4K77 is fucking garbage, it's yellow as fuck and looks like shit.
>SSE is way, way fucking better
Do they both utilize a Techncolor print?

Same with Godzilla. The Kotm posters are shite.

>being such a star wars dweeb that you have multiple shitty remasters of the same shitty movie and you watch all of them regularly

Attached: 1564825786182.png (454x520, 13K)

>nd you watch all of them regularly
lol you think we still watch them regularly
No, man, TLJ was so bad it's killed most of that urge, that's how badly Disney raped Lucas' baby.

why didn't they retain the same lettering in the sequels?

YEAH YOU MENTIONED BEING COLOR BLIND
WE FUCKING GET IT

Only a tiny amount of fans give a fuck about the original prints. It wouldn't make any money.

No, why bother at that point, if it's not the actual original, who cares? Now it's someone else's vision

You don't know anything about boomer Star Wars fans that have been begging for this for years. George Lucas is the ONLY reason the originals never got rereleased.

Wasn't there a restored version of ANH made from an original film reel someone dumpster dived back in the 70's?

>Download the grindhouse 35mm scans of all three and be done with it
No need to do that for SW and RotJ, since 4K77 and 4K83 exist.

Every edit George Lucas made to the OT was kino youtube.com/watch?v=PiDRgDmXGi4&ab_channel=AbsolutAndy

Again, a tiny minority. They've been eclipsed by prequel fans, '90s special edition fans, TCW fans and ST fans. They are not relevant.

>4K77 is fucking garbage, it's yellow as fuck and looks like shit.
Watch the 1.4 version of 4K77, it looks beautiful now, and about a million times sharper than SSE.

>own this franchise for 7 years
>still no blu ray release of the Theatrical OT
This is more disappointing to me than TLJ and the only thing I wanted out of a Disney takeover of this franchise.

Attached: image.jpg (1272x667, 46K)

Man watching ROTJ must have been fucking weird for you

I have them on vhs somewhere. Widescreen too I think

We have the most money. Sorry.

>watching anything but 4K77 v1.4.

Attached: 4K77_screenshot.jpg (1920x1080, 886K)

tfw bought physical copies of harmy's despecialized blu rays on ebay

What's the best version of ROTJ to download?

Sorry, I'm supposed to let the past die. Remember?

>only on private trackers

Kathleen Kennedy said she "wouldn't touch George's babies", so unless Lucas changes his mind (or dies), I highly doubt we'll get them anytime soon.
Harmy's are Frankenstein monsters by the way. Just download the Laser Disc versions, unless you're an HDfag

>7 years
Holy fuck, can't believe it's already been that long. Seems like it was just yesterday that memes were being made about it. Christ, if we told our past selves what had happened by this point, they probably wouldn't fucking believe us.
>still no blu ray release of the Theatrical OT
As stated in the thread, Disney couldn't until hopefully now. The original film prints might have disappeared and 20th Century Fox has owned the rights to the original films even after Disney bought Star Wars (which might have changed with Disney's other buyout of Fox that came much more recently, but the details are still a bit fuzzy). Or who knows, maybe Lucas just had it in his contract. The original films have been requested by the Library of Congress for archival without any special edition "enhancements", but Lucasfilm continues to stand their ground in refusing to give up the theatrical release. Pretty nuts.

Harmy's version uses the laserdisc one as a source to the best extent though

4K83
Be sure to get either version 1.1. or 1.3.
1.1. is without DNR and 1.3. is with DNR.
1.0. doesn't have as great color as the others, and 1.2. is also a DNR version, but not as good as 1.3. My pic is from 1.1. which is my preferred version.

Attached: 4K83_screenshot.jpg (1920x1080, 1.12M)

Why does Lucas have such a hate boner for the theatrical versions anyways?
I mean the guy used to be a pretty staunch film preservationist back in the day, you'd think he would have some idea of the cultural impact the theatrical OT had.

the original movie without the edits was shown in 70mm recently in Hollywood on the original projector for a special event. The original film print still exists it's just not up to Disney to release it.

>the original movie without the edits was shown in 70mm recently in Hollywood on the original projector for a special event. The original film print still exists it's just not up to Disney to release it.

That one guy in the KF screencap who brought up the differences between the OT/PT aliens and the ST aliens, he said there was a film festival that wanted to show the original OT. They tried to ask Disney and Fox, but neither could do anything and told the film festival to go directly to Lucas himself, who not only gave them permission but also let them air the unaltered OT.

He's going through a mental crisis.

Imagine if you were in school and you had to make a poster board for some kind of presentation, and you get picked to be in charge of a group. Initially, the poster was all your idea, and you were in charge of everything from the pictures, to the coloring, to the writing, to even being the guy to present it all. But, you had ideas and concepts that would make it way too weird and would make it impossible for the rest of the class to understand. So, your fellow group mates, wisely, decide to tone down your artistic vision, while letting you contribute creative ideas of course, but making the project no longer yours.Someone else handles the writing, someone else handles the presenting, but you definitely get to be involved with the general look with pictures and colors, and you are contributing more than everyone else, but you are no longer in charge. It's a team effort.

Of course, the due date comes around, you present, and it's fucking phenomenal. Standing ovation. The professor fucking loves it, the students love it, it's the best poster board out of every other group, in fact it might be the best poster board all year. However, since you were most involved, everyone associates you with this poster and vice versa. This amazing poster, sure, but to you it's just a monstrous mess that was once your original vision, now a mangled unrecognizable corpse in your eyes. So of course, you might think of some "corrections", like adding new pieces and shit to it that now seems out of place, so people don't like it. Not only that, you can't disassociate yourself with the poster. Every time you attempt to create a new poster on your own, it falls flat, it's too weird, and at the end of the day, everyone just points out how good "your" old poster was anyway.

I kinda feel bad for George. He never really saw Star Wars as his true vision, just that soulless weight chained to him for ever.

Attached: EzVKaIn3zHL6P3qemKGcZ9oNFHgfmMrEkbxn5TG04lI.jpg (500x500, 52K)

ROTJ sucks, just skip it

That's what a brainlet would think

Will this have the sequels too?

Attack of the Clones has Anakin with red lightsaber
The Last Jedi rey has a red lightsber

This isn't a box set.
They're individually re-releasing all of the films in advance of episode 9, which means the new films also.
Though there are multiple rumors pointing that a 4K box set of the saga is coming out next year.

Fun fact: Anakin also had a red lightsaber in the teaser poster of AotC.

Hopefully we get youtube.com/watch?v=TfPvjWcAtSA

>Kathleen Kennedy said she "wouldn't touch George's babies"
I somehow doubt her

>Watch the 1.4 version of 4K77
Where the fuck is that at? DNR or not?

Use binsearch.info to find it.
No DNR. They are no more making new DNR versions for 4K77 since they all ended up looking fucking terrible and smudged.

Nevermind I found it. Here it is everyone

limetorrents.info/Star-Wars-4K77-2160p-UHD-no-DNR-35mm-x265-v1-4-torrent-12919090.html

Are they using the same bits of that poster?

stop buying disney shit

What are those three fake ones at the top?

>Are they using the same bits of that poster?
No. But I don't really see it as an issue, because all the re-release covers are based around a single color. Literally everything in the new AotC cover is red, like everything in OP's ANH pic is purple.

The box art looks like a fresh college art student's work and they look half finished. Into the trash these go.

>Literally everything in the new AotC cover is red
Mace's saber is purple and Obi's is blue
and Anakins is red because they need to all be different lightsaber colors?

fuck I dunno
I looked at the thing for like 3 seconds.

>not having the kino Lucas packaging

Attached: star-wars-the-complete-saga-82178_2356050.jpg (1440x810, 202K)

steelbook bitch

I have the DNR version of 4K77 and watched it and thought it was pretty good what was so wrong with it?

Getting version 1.4 now with non-DNR anyways

All the steelbook covers are ugly as shit, though. Especially for the original six films.

DNR makes it smudged and slightly blurry so it loses a lot of the smaller detail.

The inside covers and back covers (poster artwork) for the steelbooks are the good parts

>steelbook
>not even made of steel

cos hes probs quoting a source newfag

because its not star wars, its Disney wearing the skin of star wars expecting you to not be able to tell the difference as the rotting skin falls off and sags

I just wish there was any release of these movies that actually used the original posters as covers

>9 discs
>luke, leia and han on none of them

>I'm sick of watching my vhs tapes
So get the fan scans of the originals? At the moment only Empire isn't available in top quality, though I prefer Grindhouse edition over anything else currently available.

If you're willing to accept VHS quality, you'll find the Grindhouse edition a huge step up and Star Wars 77 (either Silver Screen Edition or Project 4k77) and Return of the Jedi (Project 4k83 version) look genuinely grand.

whats wrong with despecialized edition?

This

The shit image quality. Despecialized is only in 720p, and many of the shots are from 480p sources.

Aren't they doing a higher version soon? Despecialized in 720 still somehow looks nice upscaled in 4K and was my preferred version before the 4k77 and 4k83

Harmy is true treasure

>73GB
>0 seeders

I'm sorry to bother you, but did I detect a hint of colourblind in your accent?

>Aren't they doing a higher version soon?
They've been saying that for years. I wouldn't expect it happening any time soon. And besides, it wouldn't look as good as 4K77 and 4K83, so I don't see the point anymore.

Fuck yeah, thanks mate. Don't happen to have links for the other two films by any chance?

Attached: 1505565683696.jpg (570x570, 22K)

Seeders right now, like 15 at 100%, just magnet it and if you need use torrentz2.eu to find extra magnets for the same torrent if you need

Absolute faggot

That the the daftest thing anybody has ever said.

why would anyone buy 10 movies when only 2 of them are worth watching?

Here is return of the jedi 4k83 v1.1 non DNR
limetorrents.info/Return-of-the-Jedi-4K83-2160p-UHD-DNR-35mm-x265-v1-1-torrent-12947041.html

Grindhouse Empire Strikes Back
thepiratebay.org/torrent/11880653/Empire_Strikes_Back_1980_1080p_35mm_Renegade_Grindhouse_Scan

I watch this version or despecialized v 2.5, now the grindhouse is dirty but it's nice

It really is lmao

>4k is coming in a year or 2
>despecialized editions are available
>steelbook, collectors etc bluray editions are available
theres absolutely no point in releasing this lol

$$$$$$$

Wot you don't giant faces of general greev and sheev?

Attached: Fucking shite.jpg (980x653, 99K)

Legend.

Attached: 1457328083278.jpg (261x193, 8K)

There will never be a 4K of Attack of the Clones of Revenge of the Sith though

umm yeah because soon we'll have another release that has 7-9 included so making this one now makes perfect sense

The chances of an original poster ever being used by cunts like Disney are approximately 3,720 to 1,

Attached: Star Wars Poster 3 by Hildebrandt.jpg (2085x2933, 1.8M)

Kathleen also said that its important to preserve and respect the characters George made, and look how that turned out

The blurays for those actually upscale to 4K nicely anyways, somehow the digital even for Attack of the Clones in 1400x800 or something, looks pretty good upscaled to 4K. I think it's the lack of grain. Some effects are not great in the background, but some are and mostly it's very good.

I wonder if the blurays are actually compressed versions of II an III and a higher bitrate exists in it's digital format that is still 2K or less.

>The only real obstacle Disney had from releasing the original cuts was entirely on Fox
I heard some people that Lucas changed the master cut of the films, so that the only versions of the movies that you can get are the edits

Ot this.

Attached: Empire Strikes Back Poster 4 by Noriyoshi Ohrai.jpg (1024x1260, 1.16M)

>Disney
>Using the theatrical poster for home media releases
I thought everyone has already learned by now

Attached: hmy0mTr.jpg (998x804, 105K)

Honestly if you didn't know by now then you only have yourself to blame

Attached: LDBftFp.jpg (1061x802, 112K)

Attached: 6p5zaWP.jpg (1043x802, 109K)

How do we go from this to THIS?

Attached: 81LHuCYlgEL._SY741_.jpg (496x741, 142K)

Unironic superior version coming through

Attached: Beauty-and-the-Beast-Blu-Ray-DVD-Steelbook-Best.jpg (400x300, 33K)

it sort of makes sense. With the posters they can't sell based on recognition, so they try to evoke a feeling. With the VHS they just need "hey remember this character?"

You've actually got a better chance of fucking the ashes of Carrie Fisher than ever seeing Disney release the original versions of Star Wars.

Attached: Return of the Jedi - Leia Bikini Beach 10b.jpg (1200x1205, 156K)

i hate when shitty movies have nice steelbook editions

But lets be honest Disney aren't the only ones doing it
Now that's a fantastic cover, shame that it's for the steelbox and wrong Beauty and the beast.

That is the live action right?

Attached: 1jLrsYk.jpg (1030x802, 114K)

Nice NPC take, it was unironically Disneys only good live action remake memefest

Honestly if it has the original cuts, I wouldn't hesitate to buy, despite it being from the (((mouse)))

The live action version is nice and charming, moreso than Disneys other efforts desu.

They could restore the original cut digitally now. It'd be almost indistinguishable. I seriously 100% serious, have friends that work at skywalker sounds, it's a project that has been ongoing, talked about and I don't know if it's moving forward harder since the fox buy out. Obviously for 2027 this will happen....before then... who knows.

What the fuck even are these photos? Why did they take them and when?

And Hepatitis-A might be the "best" version of Hepatitis you can get. But at the end of the day you still have Hepatitis-A and having no Hepatitis is a lot better then any kind of Hepatitis

Ehh easy meme to make, it was actually surprisingly well done considering there's been almost no good movies the last 3 years

Still worse then the animated movie

It was a Playboy shoot in 1983.

Attached: Return of the Jedi - Leia Bikini Beach 12.jpg (2607x2764, 1.04M)

So I assume you will be happy if they reversed the Emperor and Jabba to their old version?

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 7K)

This was when Return of the Jedi was first released.

Attached: Return of the Jedi - Leia Bikini Beach 13.jpg (1200x1315, 277K)

its worse than the animated movie which is worse than cocteau's film, so why bother with it. it was objectively a bad film with cringe acting and shitty feminist themes and a diluted and dumbed down message

I gotchu senpai
Actually had better "development" of beast and belle because of the extra time. One is live action it's very different feeling but still good and capturing the essence of it.

Attached: raptr.png (1634x816, 1.24M)

Attached: Return of the Jedi - Leia Bikini Beach 14.jpg (1200x1185, 190K)

yes, in empire strikes back the emperor's hologram should look like that

Yeah no, you're just bitter as ever loving shit, the entire cast was good and the directing for disney movies was noticeably well done.

>playboy shoot in 1983
>no nudity
Why they do this?

Bullshit, how would they have done the bastardized versions then? They need the original material scanned in HD, 2K or 4K as a starting point.

Attached: fisher.jpg (1920x1080, 185K)

you haven't been keeping up, have you? Playboy actually went full PG-13 several years ago. No more nudity. They wanted to get teens to buy the magazine. They had insta-thots doing non-nude shoots. That didn't work. Then when Heff died do you know what they immediately did? Put a tranny on the cover.

You expect me to fall for your bait?

Several years ago yes, I didn't realize they were in 1983
>it's bait because I'm mad
Lol

>noise reduction on a film
>ever
W H Y
H
Y

Do you really want CGI Jabba?

>The great debate

4K or Harmy's?
WHICH ONE IS IT

There's no debate.
4K77 is infinitely better than that blurry 720p mess.

It isn't though, there are programs that do the trick and Windows has a high contrast mode that helps.

4K77 and 4K83

If you're colorblind and can't see a certain color no matter how you calibrate your television you will never see that color.

fuck

Yeah, got that one. The disks are alright and the box is great. Still Original Art > Most of the new Shit.

Attached: Style-A-Poster_Ep_4_Deutsch.jpg (600x841, 132K)

>4K80 soon

Attached: 4k80_progress.png (444x536, 46K)

>soon
It's gonna take a few years at best.

That is fucking horrible.

I bought the Saga boxset on blu-ray before the Mouse could get its hands on the movies so I'm fine not buying them again unless this version adds something interesting.
Why would you HAVE to buy it again?

the original trilogy steelbooks still look great but i wish they used the original poster art on the front and nothing on the back, that would have been perfect

No it wasn't

but for ESB I'd still have to go with Harmy...

Well obviously, since there isn't a 4K version for it yet.

well that sucks

>thread about disney jews being jews
>turns into serene debate of what version of the unaltered OT is best to watch
maybe there's hope for Yea Forums after all

It's a shame Drew Struzan's art went to shit, at least he had the good sense to retire.

Attached: 6509ce5e125e4f9b5795eb0bd737343f.jpg (1280x1920, 460K)

>Despecialized, Silver Screen Edition, Renegade Grindhouse ESB, 4K83
Why so many versions? Which one is the right one?

Take the Adywan pill plebs.

When Drew still had it in him.

Attached: star-wars-special-edition.jpg (1200x675, 101K)

>original jabba
No such thing
>original emperor
Nothing wrong with him, McDiarmid reshoot also has tampered with dialogue

Looks like Anakin has just sliced through Padme

That's still painted extremely well, the composition just isn't very interesting.

Empire poster is kino

Is someone forcing you to buy them OP?

compared to the new one. That hurts.

In print it looks much better, I have the oversized Drew Struzan artbook and it's lush.

Attached: Title-image.jpg (1710x900, 366K)

>he doesn't have myspleen
but desu I got it from ddls

where is 4k77 1.4 1080p?

Look at the post directly above the one you replied to.

UNF

>The posts below were posted a long time ago.
>Use a premium usenet provider to download them.

also tpb

It's gonna take a few years at best but when 4K80 comes, it will be one of the greatest days in Star Wars history.
I am actually more excited for 4K80 than anything Disney is planning to put out.
And this is coming from someone who has mostly loved Disney's Star Wars so far.

Get the pre-THX remaster LaserDiscs.
The Faces covers on the US THX LaserDiscs are weird but the John Alvin covers used for the Japanese versions of the THX LaserDiscs are great, even though they're not the original theatrical posters.
Only problem with the Japanese LaserDisc is that there are Japanese subtitles that you cannot turn off.

Attached: no 1.4.png (1423x287, 28K)

No thanks, I already have the patrician version.

Attached: 91EEDbs1nLL._SL1500_.jpg (1300x1500, 243K)

I have the 2011 version of this box set as the Binary Sunset cover art is much more beautiful than this generic-looking Vader artwork.

@119667326
that's nice but
ALL
FUCKING
TRIPFAGS
MUST
FUCKING
HANG

>having the version with the shitty CGI render of Vader instead of the one with the kino artwork

there have literally been multiple 35mm scans done by various people, in HD and even in 4K.

>tfw no IB Tech 35mm print to watch unbastardized Star Wars kino
why live

If they release official despecialized edition I will regain a bit of hope.

But they won't. It will be the same SE shit as before.

oh well I found this one
A New Hope.4K77.V1.4.UltraLight.DNR.UHD.1080p.x265.10bit.AC3.5.1-3xO (5.43GB)

>Leia having that big of a spot on the cover

>that obiwan

you're a retarded faggot

on tpb there's the UHD with DNR, without DNR and 1080 without DNR
all have seeds

this

1080p is the old version not 1.4, I already watched 1.0, and my computer is a toaster for UHD.

Yes it actually was

Wasn't there just a super limited screening of the unedited 1977 Star Wars, a fucking 70mm one in June 2019?

ohshit you're right
is 1.0 really that inferior? should I look for 1.4?

New funeral music>yub nub

>it was unironically Disneys only good live action remake memefest

Attached: 1464907662611.jpg (640x496, 45K)

>another NPC is triggered by my actual correct post
get a load of that

There's both an UHD and a 1080p version of v.1.4.

SITHED

It seems I can only find the 2.5 version of Harmy's, does someone have a torrent for 2.7?

>that would require zooming in to have it take up the whole screen.
sounds like a job for mpv

well none of the torrent sites have 1080p 1.4

will get off thestarwarstrilogy

If you're talking about the cgi stuff i have vhs without it
Tho you probably wouldn't want to see it

How does noone have a original VHS of this so called cultural milestone lying around in the attic.

Harmy's is irrelevant now.

Why are you mad about something you in no way have to buy

>MySpleen is not accepting new members
can't even get in through AB

Do you think he feels bad?

a new hope. *orchestral music erupts*

Maybe a bit, but I hope he realizes how important he was to the fan community for years.

I mean tons of star wars fans who grabbed his versions probably don't even have 4K tvs and will keep his

Keep projecting, shill.

Well that's just retarded, since there are 1080p versions of 4K77 and 4K83 which look a lot better than the despecialized editions.

I always thought you could see her bush I ROTJ wtf Lucas why would a gangster slug let his slave girls wear panties

>cut out entire scenes and parts from existing scenes
Which scenes are we talking about here? Because in my reality they added scenes.

True but lots of Star Wars fans might not know those exist

Who cares I got bored of them when I was a kid in the 90s especially the 3rd movie which was just shit

>Using an ESB scene for the RTOJ poster
What the fuck?

How did they finish RTOJ before ESB?

Did I mention that I perceive color differently from most people? Due to being color blind.

Yup. Didn't know what color his lightsaber was supposed to be until the internet more or less.

chuckled

Autism (unironically)

In those cases it's more like 'see this artsy thing and bring the whole family' for the posters and 'hey your kid likes cartoons, buy this for them' for the video covers. Targeting slightly different audiences. It's okay to watch a Disney animated film at the pictures, especially if you have a family of your own, but if you're buying tapes (or DVD's) it's for your kids. Adults don't watch cartoons, right? The posters and covers convey this mindset.

Get the despecialized edition already and quit bitching

>I mean the guy used to be a pretty staunch film preservationist back in the day
***at the discretion of the film's owner. He fought against studios changing the vision of the director, stuff like Nolan changing Kubrick's lighting temperature in 2001 for example.

They had a complete cut of ROTJ to work on first.

Despecialized is for retards who don't of better.

That wasn't very coherent. Give that post another go, non-retard.

Why would anyone watch despecialized in 2019?

Because the original cuts are never getting released and some people are autistic and can't enjoy a movie unless the shitty CGI is replaced with shitty practical effects.

But there are way better ways of watching the original cuts now.

Oh nice, I didn't expect better alternatives. Spoonfeed me, user.

Its just soulless and obviously had no heart put into it. Technically good but you can tell he didnt care. This is exactly how I felt about John Williams score. He wasnt in it.

They've been mentioned in the thread a million times already, even download links have been posted here. But anyways, they're called 4K77 and 4K83.

I'm guessing they just sent some material for him and said "DO PAINTING", while George might have actually discussed the job with him.

Yeah I can definitely see that. George was really involved with the whole design process of every part of the movies. I really do think its impossible to capture the essence of Star Wars without any input from him because of this. He pushed Williams and everyone in certain directions that just arent there without Lucas.

Yeah, absolute shit.
Some (((idiotesse))) decided that grave digger black is THE color for Nu-Wars and they force it everyfuckingwhere.

Attached: swz55_main.png (300x300, 90K)

>no Empire
Then what's the point?

The team is working on it.

don't mind me just waiting for 4k80

Attached: skellington.jpg (298x403, 32K)

Are you black and a gay furry too?

so fucking ugly

just liek ur mom lol