What is the "Sekiro" of film and television?

What is the "Sekiro" of film and television?

Attached: 6719080-l.jpg (485x600, 59K)

Edge of Tomorrow AKA Live. Die. Repeat.

Inland empire

DS1 = Avengers
DS2 = AoU
BB = Infinity War
DS3 = Endgame
Sekiro = GotG

Attached: DS thicc.jpg (1024x932, 223K)

idk cause i'm not a zoomer fagot console gamer lmao

This is the Eldritch Truth.

Attached: 1549725353675.png (750x677, 125K)

what's the "Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest" of film and television?

Attached: 1554594610306.jpg (672x374, 81K)

Overrated trite that a small group of people try to gatekeep to no avail?
Avengers Endgame

holy shit it's absolutely correct

Attached: The Duellists.webm (704x400, 2.75M)

makes sense, the avengers movies get boring once you watch gotg

danny darko

How does Sekiro rank among other From software games? I beat Bloodborne recently and want to buy it

> end game
yea the movie that has a negative kill count is dark souls sure buddy

Cumfart Cocktails is the film that comes to mind for me. People getting paid $1000 bucks to fart splooge out of their anus, a show for all to see, all for a totally ungrateful audience of millions that are just going to watch it on a tube site somewhere for free anyway.

Léon: The Professional

it's hard and scary, just like dark souls

Jiro’s Overpriced Gaijin-Bait Sushi

It's nothing like it Bloodborne or the Souls games. It's essentially a parry simulator as the combat is literally built around the deflect system which is about wearing down en enemy or boss' 'posture' to deliver OHKs or delete healthbars. You can throw the odd consumable item into the fight but they're either literally useless or broken as shit, same goes for the 'combat arts'.

I wouldn't recommend it to be honest, quality is nowhere near the other games in terms of story, world, soundtrack or voice acting, go play Demon's Souls and DaS1-3.

Objectively a pretty good game, but I personally couldn’t get into it. The parrying felt weird, the poise system was bizarre, and all of sekiro’s attacks feel weightless and disconnected. I liked Bloodborne because you got a feeling of momentum and impact when you hit an enemy with your weapon, but that’s absent in sekiro.

Hmmm, maybe I'll rent it and see if I like it. Does it have good bosses at least?

Sorry I meant posture system
It was so fucking strange. I expected “posture” to mean an actual gameplay mechanic, where to the times you consecutively parry an enemy, it would change their fighting ability/style and leave them more open for hits. But nope, enemies and bosses just take 50,000 normal blows to kill (for no reason), and “posture” just means raising a second health bar to an arbitrary point before instakilling them. It seemed like such lazy goddamn implementation of what could’ve been a cool mechanic.

Attached: 9C16D5E0-DA88-4AF1-A3D5-A2D67C12AF4D.jpg (714x1024, 64K)

I’d say it’s worth a rental. There’s some cool boss designs sure, but nothing as batshit crazy as Bloodborne

Attached: 11-8.jpg (707x1024, 174K)

I haven't played BB but I'll still rate your post as based

I absolutely loved Sekiro. The combat felt so real and the scenery was absolutely breathtaking.

Attached: MV5BZWE5NTZjMWQtNWVmZC00ZmIzLWExNzEtMWMxMjMxNmU2OTEyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY1200_CR77,0,6 (630x1200, 163K)

If depleting an enemy's posture changed the way they fought it would have been such a cool mechanic. Basic bitch enemies would just get easier to hit/slower attacking as they got more off balance, but some harder enemies could trade off some speed and balance for increasingly vicious attacks or whatever. I agree, it had the potential to be a lot more than it was.

Sekiro was an 7.5/10 for me. Better than DS2 (which I'd say is a 6/10 game) but it lacks in replay value compared to other recent From Software games. There are bosses that you can miss on your first play through

Highly recommended if you like the souls games. Definitely a much faster pace and more aggressive playstyle, but the worldbuilding and atmosphere are incredible and the combat feels fantastic once you get the hang of the pace. I also really liked the fact that, while there are obviously a lot fewer weapons, pretty much all of them are completely viable to build around and the ability to transform them mid-combat gives you a lot of options.

>combat felt so real
Enemies take like 5000 hits to kill but you can suddenly OHK them if you block enough of their attacks. Nothing about it feels real, as much as I agree with a few anons here that the posture system could have been really interesting if implemented a bit more thoughtfully.

I don't own a PS4 otherwise I'd have played this game years ago. I want to play this but I can't bring myself to buy a PS4 for one game (I don't give a shit about the other PS4 exclusives)

Yeah I can't really argue with that. It's my favorite From title for sure but I feel like no possible game is worth buying an entire console for.

interstellar

By far the most difficult title, I have no doubt the people complaining about it never finished it.

It's a really good game. It has a good story, good gameplay, and really good bosses.
Where it's lacking is replayability. I would rent it or purchase it when its less than 20$. I bought it on release and really enjoyed playing through it a couple of times.
Its gameplay is not comparable to souls/bb. I would get it on steam and play it for an hour to see how you like it. you can refund before you hit 2 hours of play time.

>Enemies take like 5000 hits to kill
I don't think the other user meant its like real life, because its a fucking video game.
He meant the dueling aspect was well done as far as sword swings and deflections. You actually duel enemies in this games as opposed to other from software games. Which is why flinging your sword non stop is not a viable play style. In sword duels its usually one finishing blow that ends the duel.
But if all you did was perform one finishing blow after 2 or 3 deflections in game, it would be underwhelming.