Unpopular positive opinion challenge:

Unpopular positive opinion challenge:
Name a movie that...
(1) you genuinely like (not "so bad it's good")
(2) came out in your adult life post-2000, and
(3) is rated below 50% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Attached: rotten_tomatoes_icon_set_OLD.jpg (600x400, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/american_psycho
youtube.com/watch?v=1jPWGEoyJHY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Correct answers include Hot Rod, Super, and The Cell

The Happening.

probably adventure movies like sahara, national treasure and so on. they are always critically panned

Freddy Got Fingered.

Final destination

pic related
he said no so bad it's good

Attached: f13tomatoes.jpg (1189x519, 107K)

Bruce Almighty

My experience with rotten tomatoes ratings in particular is that they have no clue and I find their ratings useless. The first movie I thought to check, “Another Gay Movie” gets a 40% on the tomatometer yet is one of my favorites. Same thing with all the “Eating Out” movies: good comedies that I enjoy, yet Tomatometer scores of 16%, 44%, and 17% for the first three. (And why is “Eating Out 2: Sloppy Seconds” so much higher ranked than 1 or 3? It’s not that different...)

that would require going to RT and seeing the score. Wtf would i give them traffic?

Open the website in incognito mode, that doesn't give them traffic.

check wikipedia, they usualy have that info, also they need support anyway

yes it does, just doesnt save cookies for them to track you with

Not sure why critics have such a hateboner for adventure. Even Aquaman struggled to 66% and that had the boost of being a superhero movie.

Knight of Cups

Speed Racer

"The Scopia Effect" and "Thanatomorphose" are the only ones I can think of but there are probably more.

Attached: thanatomorphose.jpg (630x420, 14K)

The Meg was fun

me neither. i m just over it, years and years of critically panned adventure movies made me pay no attention to reviews anymore

Attached: fpwl.png (503x835, 364K)

Godzilla king of the monsters

I think it's too easy if you use a movie that has low critical score but high audience score. It's more interesting if it's hated by EVERYONE and you still like it.

Steve Jobs

>It's more interesting if it's hated by EVERYONE and you still like it.
every single one on this list. i m still working on it. do you know adventure movie that rotten too?

Attached: adventure rotten.png (1920x1517, 764K)

It's not hated per say, but I wonder why American psycho has such a low score, I actually found it legitimately entertaining:
rottentomatoes.com/m/american_psycho

>Mr. Deeds
>Pain and Gain
>Final Destination 3
>Kung Pow!

>I wonder why American psycho has such a low score
you know you can look at the reviews that make up the rating, right?

Only God Forgives (2013)
The Neon Demon (2016)
My Little Pony: The Movie (2017)

For me this one. Nice mix of adventure and horror.

Attached: abo_.jpg (1293x2048, 2.38M)

I'm surprised that last one is so low, critics usually go easy on children's movies. Hence Paddington 2 STILL having a 100% fresh somehow.

I'm surprised Da Vinci Code is so hated, I was under the impression people at least liked the first one. And yet it somehow did well enough for not just one but two sequels.

Not below 50% but close enough

It was always my favorite as a kid

Attached: Screenshot_184.jpg (797x388, 75K)

>Only God Forgives
What the fuck, how the fuck is that rating so low? That movie was fucking kino

Thank god I don't go on this shit site

It's low with both critics and audiences. Thankfully Refn seems to be okay with that and says that's how you know you've made a good movie, when half love it and half hate it.

Also, I notice the new Dora movie is beloved by critics despite being an adventure movie. I wonder what's wrong with it. Either way I have no attachment to Dora, I think I was too old for it by the time it started airing. So I wouldn't be bothering with it anyway.

Hm.A good question.

Can I say Ella Enchanted even though it's at exactly 50%?

Sure, why not? Also, is it just me or is Yea Forums unusually fast lately?

I liked the concept and it's the only movie where she's actually hot.

Attached: red sparrow.png (757x472, 97K)

Ishtar

Macgruber

youtube.com/watch?v=1jPWGEoyJHY

For me it’s Van Helsing

Those are pretty good. Solid 6/10 movies.
Not Another Teen Movie is 29% among critics but it is a great parody.

Zardoz with Sean Connery. 48% on rotten tomatoes.

This is my first time learning that there is something called Zardoz.

RT and critics in general are retarded, why do you need someone elses opinion on a movie instead of just your own? Why does their opinion matter more than my own? Why would you even remotely care how anyone elkse thinka about any movie?

Daddy Daycare, that film was actually nice.

The United States of Leland

Attached: Leland.gif (500x263, 724K)

Is that the one with Ryan Gosling in it?

I've tried asking people on this board this exact thing and they always avoid the question and just reply with something short and quippy like "t. Duncan Jones."

It's probably a case of "you have to see the source material to understand it so it sucks".