Pokemon couldn't even gross a billion

>still hasn't even passed Warcraft

What went wrong?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-16-21-11-16~2.png (432x655, 207K)

Nigga lead, op asks what went wrong

it should be a feature long animated movie instead of uncanny cgi shit with mutt

Warcraft made bank in China. I imagine Jap based brands don't fare too well with the Chinese

Why can't video games be made into good movies?

It didn't look realistic enough like The Lion King

Attached: 30903702_358341544654838_979758683908997120_n.jpg (1080x1281, 117K)

Too many mutts. Chinks aren't fond of Jap shit or non whites and this had way too much of both. I actually really liked the movie btw. The tartawhatever forest was fucking awesome.

This again when BP made bank

Nah this did alright in China. Just a little over 90mil. With the production costs and Box office splits I wonder which was more profitable for WB between this and Shazam

Warcraft was good

Looks like a spinoff. Should've started big with "POKEMON" and starred a big-name actor. They were over-confident that people already loved the franchise and would come to see a small extension of it on film but it really wasn't enough to break into the mainstream in cinema.

video games have even worse stories than most movies so obviously if you combine them they will be garbage

>BP made bank
It made just over 100mil. Aquaman and Venom is capeshit making bank in China

this

>lets ignore the fact that it's asslicked MCU and they shoehorned it right before Infinity War
it wouldnt make a shit if there was no Marvel logo

>made bank
>BP
seething nigger detected

Not only a Nigger, but also with no charisma. It would do better with the other chick as a lead.

Lol no. It was badly acted, unfocused dreck

It made less in China than both Ant-Man movies

this, yellow man hate black man

One, barely anybody gives a shit about the franchise in the cy+4, two, it was a load of random bullshit that featured next to nothing that made people fans in the first place. Ignore all the racebaiting /pol/tards.

It underperformed enormously, it even bombed in Japan (made $4 million total!), the fucking homeland of Pokemon.

>foreign film about homegrown popular franchise bombs
WOW

I thought it profitted 300+ million, not including all the merch they sold?
How did it flop?

>mutt main character

Idk why these studios keep doing diversity hires, China & Japan DO NOT like them

The script was just...meh.

Mortal Kombat exists

>Incels crying about /pol/ bait race shit when the movie itself was mediocre and fan film tier

What Silent Hill game is this from?

Le nigger in japan .What a great marketing move.

Story was shit and it didn't even look that good from the trailers anyway it was more marketed as a comedy film with Ryan Reynolds humor

Justice Smith is not black. No race wants to claim him.

>I thought it profitted 300+ million
???

It cost $150 million in production, add at least $50 million in advertising/promotion, so total cost is at least ~$200 million

I grossed $431 million, of which Warner Bros get ~50% (the rest going to the theatres)= $215 million

So they are something like $15 million plus after the box office run, for such a huge ip that's really bad. Also WB get nothing from merchendise sales, they just licensed the ip for a movie.

Welcome to Hollywood 2019, I mean making the main character Japanese would make some sense given that it's a japanese game/cartoon, but no.

If the chick was the lead, the forum would be throwing a tantrum.

So this is the marvel killer that Yea Forums was expecting....kek

Released it the same time as Avengers Endgame, the biggest movie of the year. Should have pushed it to another month. Probably August.

Horrible acting for one. Where the fuck did they find the female lead? Just her opening line made me almost quit the movie

The movie fucking sucked. If the movie was just pokemon battles with decent action/plot/character it probably would have been a hit. Instead:

>plot that felt like it was written in 10 minutes by a moron
>bad main actor
>a supporting female actor that was so bad it makes the main actor looks Shakespearean by comparison
>every plot twist is so obvious in a MYSTERY MOVIE
>also 99% of the pokemon look like shit

The lead male is fucking shit tier casting choice. Should have just made a legit Ash movie

remember when some fucking loser was spamming generals for this shit? remember when this was supposed to make a billion and prevent Marvel from surpassing Avatar? good times