Was he a man or a computer program?

Was he a man or a computer program?

Attached: 22A2F2FA-4A77-4DFC-B29E-4A410D946DA3.gif (500x743, 402K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empress_Lü
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A computer man

I don't get the right hand thing

Why would they even let him see himself like that? Seems sadistic and unnecessary.

Brain still intact. Man. Also, why the fuck did this scene give me the heebee jeebees more than any other scene in film?

It's unironically an inside joke. The director said it's a masturbation reference.

>We managed to save your hand

"Oh, well thank God for that, doc."

From what I remember there was some law about guns carried by a human hand or something, so the hand was used too.

Being reduced to such a state would be absolutely terrifying, I'm surprised he didn't have a panic attack

id rather die

Look at your current body, everything intact and where it should be. For 20 years, your body has remained that way from the moment you were born. Now imagine waking up to see you've been reduced to nothing but a head, a pair of lungs and a single hand

Attached: 1517271444379.jpg (493x637, 88K)

>>We managed to save your hand

Don't suppose you saved my cock as well because without that I don't need the hand?!?FACT!!!

Well, he was also heavily medicated.

I wish they had used another name for the movie, and focused more on medicalization and all of that. It would have stood on its own.

Just about to post that book cover.

Good work.

He probably was constantly in one and just valum'd up enough to bear with it continually. Exhaustingly terrifying!

Has there been a Brendan edit yet?

A computer that thinks it's a man. They spell it out in the movie.

Then they invoke 'the soul' to let the man take over from the computer for some reason. I guess it's because otherwise he'd have no agency as a character since he'd just be a slave to the machine in his brain and there'd be nothing he could do about it. Kind of like in that other movie with a guy with a computer in his head, Upgrade, which also made pretty much no sense by the end.

Robocop 2014 is still a decent flick though, even if it has much less of a soul than its protagonist.

No scene has topped pic related for me yet.

Attached: hannibal_blu-ray_12.jpg (1920x1040, 234K)

Oh shit they remade Lawnmower man?

This scene though

Attached: this may be distressing.webm (1919x803, 2.96M)

Hated that scene, I've severe fear of stuff like 'locked-in syndrome', basically being conscious, awake and aware of your existence but unable to move or interact with anything.

Always reminds me of the story of Empress Lü and the Concubine Qi from Han dynasty china
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empress_Lü

>Lü then had Concubine Qi killed in an inhumane manner: she had Qi's limbs chopped off, eyes gouged out, ears sliced off, forced her to drink a potion that made her mute, and thrown into a latrine. She called Qi a "human swine".
>Several days later, Emperor Hui was taken to view the "human swine" and was shocked to learn that it was Qi. He cried loudly and became ill for a long time. He requested to see his mother and said, "This is something done not by a human. As the empress dowager's son, I'll never be able to rule the empire."

>From then onward Emperor Hui indulged himself in carnal pleasures and ignored state affairs.
Pretty based though

>Imaging being an optimistic up and coming emperor only to be JUSTED and have your entire worldview shattered by the human swine.

It's fantastic. It's easily the best thing about the reboot, the only scene with any gravity. If this were the whole movie it would be a better movie, not going to lie.

I FOUGHT THE LAW AND THE LAW WON

In addition it's worth noting that in the original Morton (one of the suits) has the science team amputate a saveable arm to make Robocop more completely cybernetic.

so they can by artificial means replace the functions of the stomach, liver, kidneys, and whatever, but the lungs had to stay? seems like an oversight

Him keeping his right hand until the end in the remake is also the reverse of the original, where his right hand is the first thing shot off.

Why are chinese rulers always either retarded, sheltered children, drunks, or soulless monsters?

They missed the tongue-and-cheek attitude that the OG had. It was meant to show the horrors of privatisation and how dehumanising police work is, all in a world where "I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!" overlays the tinnitus of poverty.

It was the reverse of the original movie. Murphy was turned into a robot that had to find his humanity. In the new movie he was himself until the company had to remove his humanity to make him as efficient as the robots.

The remake is low-calorie, no question. But as sci-fi body horror that scene is one of the all-time greats.

but why tho

agreed

>Was he a man or a computer program?

I read that in Bane's voice.

why this shit movie have one random kino scene?

Based

>reboot

Attached: clarence.jpg (702x441, 33K)

>I'd rather die than be a cybernetic superhuman
come on. in the remake there's no drawbacks. He's just better, and not-dead. In the original he's a zombie who lost most of his memories.

Well, the computer did most of the fighting for him in that movie.

Attached: Sometimes dead is better.jpg (600x339, 29K)

You're forgetting the part where he only thinks he's in control of himself but the computer is running the show

Bitches do indeed need to leave.

The worst is that people will end up like that within our life times.

I dont think so. In the movies he is radically altered. That's somewhere around 90% of his biomass missing. However, bionics has come a long way. It's sneaking up on us in grandiose fashon. We already have fully functional hearts, including hearts that generate no pulse (constant pressure circulation). Most joints can be replaced with superior alternatives. I know there is a fairly good version of below-the-knee bionic legs available. There's a TED talk that features them.

formerly man

Whenever he is doing cool Robocop things the software actually takes over without the brain realizing it, that's a point made in the movie.

>The worst

Dunno man, I'd rather be robocop than being dead. Actually, I'd rather be robocop than what I am now.

>Retarded
Inbreeding.
>Sheltered children.
Because most were literally sheltered from society and never had any normal human relationships or experience with the real world.
>soulless monsters
Exposure to chink society renders virtually all people into some degree of this. Becomes even more severe when they realize that they have almost unlimited power.

Soulless garbage but Blomkamp muh retro 80s homage will be just as shit and soulless

>he doesn't know

Attached: 1500135809572.jpg (528x543, 29K)

He has no dick but it's for masturbation, OK got it

One of the most unnecessary remakes in the history of cinema. The original Robocop is one of the few films I'd consider perfect.

>CreepyThinMan
You're still here?

he's a degenerate faggot who loves big black cock up his ass.

he mounts up on those BBCs while posting. that's why it seems like he's on this board 24/7

lose the arm

I think the gun had fingerprint recognition so he needed his hand

It's there to represent his suffering, brainlet.

is that paul joseph watson! Ahhh!! A black person! oh no...it was just a tan guy.

so he can't move his left arm horizontally? Or at all, since the hand pivots around the chest area but the arm is connected at the shoulder?

>They missed the tongue-and-cheek attitude that the OG had
you cant do that nowadays, too much of it is now real life. Hard to satirize something that is actively happening exactly how you would satirize it. Also its good they tried to do something completely different but they muddled the message too much. I know this is becoming a meme but this might have worked better as a miniseries.

That was hard to watch which what makes certain scenes in the movie great. The movie itself was not bad but I wish it was any other kind of scifi transhumanism flick. Not just a fucking reboot of a better movie.

>I wish it was any other kind of scifi transhumanism flick

i wish it had incorporated some transgenderism :(

Lungs dosnt work this way, you need ribcage and that muscle at the bottom for it to work.

They appear to be suspended in a fluid, you could regulate breathing by increasing and decreasing the amount of fluid in the chamber

Surely they can be regulated by technology though?

public opinion was against robots in police so I guess it's meant to be clear a human pulls the trigger

I don't get why his slightly slower reaction time was such a big deal, they never intended for him to duel robots anyway

This maybe
Sure buy you cant change fundamental mechanic of a lung. Besides why other to keep lungs when you could give him set of filters to combat any combat gas he might be exposed to.

In the original movie the doctors working on Murphy were proud they were able to save his original arm, the OCP executive Bob Morton told them "we agreed on a total replacement" and then ordered them to "lose the arm" it was to highlight the inhumanity of what Bob Morton and by extension what OCP was doing.

This was a reference to that showing that in their version of the movie the people who did this to him actually cared.

Robocop has a habit of body horror. When I saw Robocop2 and they brought out the alternate cops, the one that ripped his mask off to reveal his bloody skull caused me not to sleep properly for a week, partly because I couldn't stop thinking about the guy being so desperate for death in that state.

The in universe explanation is that it helped limit legal liability, i.e a human pulled the trigger not our faulty programming. It was really a nod to the fact that the movie was an inverse remake. In the original they took his hand even though it was still good and he got more human as time progressed, while in the remake the opposite is true.