I'm not a Marvel fan...

I'm not a Marvel fan, but I saw this fucking headline show up while searching "Star Trek 4" and I'm still in a state of shock.

STD is failing hard, and nobody cares about the new Star Trek movies. How the FUCK can it "rival Marvel"?

Source: digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a28691848/star-trek-cbs-viacom-merger/

Attached: star trek could rival marvel.jpg (221x339, 25K)

It won't. 90's trekkie babies think that Trek has a chance to become super big. But everyone forgets that Kurtzman is running the show now.

The line "I fucking love science" is now engraved into Star Trek cannon.

Attached: 1450062755155.jpg (720x675, 37K)

>nobody cares about blank because I don't
I wish I was still a kid

>digital spy

Because the normie tier jew moneybags think it´s discount Star Wars and haven´t heard THAT news either.

Old news by now.
It´s really happening.

Everyone who has ever talked about Star Trek with normal adults will know the two responses to any questions about Trek:
>Oh, I like Spock a lot!
>Oh, I saw the one with the whales! That was funny!
That's it. You are delusional if think normies care about the newer movies when they don't even know who Data is on TNG.

The people who make Star Trek are fucking idiots. They have a solid niche audience of nerds, and yet they constantly say "fuck the nerds" and try to get a new audience, and it never fucking works. If they'd stuck to just catering to the nerds, they'd actually have something worth a damn. Maybe it wouldn't be making the most money ever, but making good money beats making no money.

I am not a Trekkie. I love the original series and the original movies outside The Motion picture the reasons Trekkies hate. The space western not the “muh sophisticated liberal utopia sic do.”

Try asking some random guy off the street about Captain Marvel, (((mousefag))).

yfw when Cuckard dies irl halfway through his show

Attached: Laughing King Homer.gif (375x375, 179K)

It can't, I'm a Trek fan and its not a series that's supposed to be normie popcorn movie material. If you try it cease to be Trek and it becomes a Guardians of the Galaxy rip off.

And they replace him with Shatner.

Attached: 1565397750008.jpg (525x469, 23K)

If I ask some random guy about "Marvel" he will probably talk about all the movies he has seen and the characters he loves. Star Trek? He might mention the fact that he loves when Sheldon hates on "that Wesley guy, you trek-guys think he's sooo annoying huh haha!?"

Try to explain how Wesley was only bad because Roddenberry used him as a literal self-insert for Seasons 1 and 2, and you'll probably get a weird look in return. Sorry, but nobody likes Star Trek.

Citation needed, shut-in.

two nerds were chatting it up at the weed store the other day and I overheard them hyped for everything coming up and measuring nerd dicks

Uhh you realize Star Trek Discovery is the most popular streaming series right?

have sex marvel fag.

Normies didn't care about Marvel until 2010.
This is Star Trek's 2008.

Attached: 1565857107080.png (706x714, 568K)

Phase 4 will be nothing but WOKE release after WOKE release. MCU is now on the decline. Disney is going to throw every gimmick at the wall to see what sticks. Once Feige retires, it's over.

DC isn't MCU's rival and they are playing in the same kind of sandbox.
Star Wars isn't MCU's rival and they have Disney's marketing behind them.

Star Trek which is MUCH LESS popular than Star Wars and DC is NOW somehow the MCU's rival?
Is EVERY fucking article now about ANY topic some sort of bait?

>Try to explain how Wesley was only bad because Roddenberry used him as a literal self-insert for Seasons 1 and 2, and you'll probably get a weird look in return.
There's also the fact that (((Wil Whecucked))) is a tremendous faggot but heigh-ho...

they have Wesley back so its guaranteed to rival Marvel

people are done with capeshit
dude
it's The Age of space cat and if trek plays their cards right and has proper caitians like M'ress, Marvel will be put into the grave

Attached: Queen of Fat Cat TATS.webm (1280x532, 2.93M)

NO! I HATE IT SO IT MAKES NO MONEY

Attached: 1565398095218.png (231x218, 9K)

Shit.
Why did I watch this as often as I did...

Star Trek is running for like what? 50 years? Marvel shit will be forgotten within 5 years since their hypothetical last release.

>STD is failing hard
You’re aware that it’s filming season 3 now and it’s one of the top streaming shows in several countries like Germany right?

It’s also cheap for CBS to make since Netflix pays out the ass for it and it’s been successful enough to warrant spinoffs.

>Discovery season 3 is coming out
>Short Treks season 2 is coming out
>Discovery spawned Picard, Lower Decks, Section 31 and the Nickelodeon series
>New Tarantino movie in the works
>Kurtzman has already hired writers for a Starfleet Academy series and 'Ceti Alpha V' is going to resume development after the CBSViacom merger
>CBS and Viacom said Star Trek is one of the main reasons for their merger and one thing that will see further expansion under the merged company next year
B=BUT STD IS FAILING!!!!1

Attached: 1565842496892.png (644x800, 30K)

Star Trek is a pile of shit, who gives a damn.

lmao jj abrams couldn't even get it to a half billion worldwide with all of his flashy aesthetics and dumbed down characters

*In CBS All Access
**Not counting old series

Top kek

>Ceti Alpha V
The fucks that

3-episode 'summer event' based around Khan, taking place between Space Seed and Wrath of Khan. Was only halted because Viacom protested late last year since they own the rights to Wrath of Khan. Now they're under one domain so it can resume work.

It's the most popular streamed show in Spain, and in the top 3 in much of Europe.

Attached: 1565762054917.png (1462x1040, 506K)

*** In irrelevant third world countries

They did this on purpose. Kill off iconic male Heros and their movies, and shows by making them joke shadows of what they used to be. Making money is no longer their main objective.

Attached: a6t00lbqw3501.jpg (720x719, 113K)

Star Trek was never that big even at its peak lol

>need clicks
>make a controversial headline that will make nerds seethe
>advertise it on Yea Forums for more clicks

If that's the case it'll only be because Disney crashed Star Wars to even more disastrous proportions

It was huge in the '90s but that was before your time

This kind of thinking is why we'll never get good Trek again. It was never meant to be and when done right can never be a mainstream hit like the MCU or Star Wars. It's supposed to be hard, philosophical sci-fi which is pretty niche.

Star Trek can never be big. JJ's trek.. which was basically a Star Wars upscaling - is the widest audience it will ever reach. Lots of nerds like it and nerd culture is still pretty big right now (though I think it's failing and shrinking).

Trek is for old nerds and always will be. Any attempt to make it sexy will fail.

It wasn't Marvel huge

Ironically, Trek was most popular when it stuck to its guns was restrained by Roddenberry's rules (TNG). As soon as it started discarding Roddenberry's narrative rules, it started bombing (DS9) and when it began trying to appeal to a wider audience it became less popular.

Nothing was Marvel huge then

>normies can’t handle DS9 kino but love TNG reddit
Shocker

Attached: E0F41D74-1913-4EFC-A693-74C9DEB56E9F.png (686x610, 821K)

>Trek can never be as popular as Marvel
It's not that far behind for having only 1/13 the TV series in the last 10 years and only a fraction of the movies.

Attached: TrekvsMarvel.png (584x154, 13K)

My boomer dad fucking loves Star Trek and he's normal. Though he's not really the kind who buys all kinds of merchandise and shit. He just pirates the shows and discusses it on the internet.

Poorfag detected

Pirates have more money than you because they don't waste their money on free things

>reddit
reddit

Fuck you ds9 was just as good

Attached: 1562035877255.jpg (692x530, 80K)

>Star Wars
>Jurassic Park

Remember when The Mummy was supposed to kick off the next MCU style franchise?

I think Discovery has major problems with its overall arc and handwaving technobabble, but I find it generally enjoyable. What's even more enjoyable is seeing how you fuckers sperg out when CBS' tactic to appeal to mass audiences with wokeness is working, and the franchise is getting a new revolution with multiple spinoffs and now the chance for a unified movie/TV continuity too.

Attached: lol.jpg (1422x1063, 781K)

Nice filename, homie.

Star Wars wasn't pumping out 4 movies a year and didn't have 13 shows in the last 6 years

Attached: 1565741289071.jpg (500x377, 135K)

>Lower Decks before season 4 of Discovery
>Section 31 after season 5
>NIckelodeon show that many years away
Are you retarded

It could have been if they had the balls to take chances with voyager and didnt completely botch Enterprise

It doesn't have the Ceti Alpha V, Starfleet Academy or Pike spinoffs either.

Why is every Star Trek thing now just a rehash of TOS? Where is the nostalgia for 90s trek?

I'm also doubting they're planning on continuing DSC's story after season 3 given that Georgiou's actor said that Section 31 will likely come after Discovery and to keep in mind that some shows are replacements, not additions. It can't replace Picard or Lower Decks since it's coming in 2021 and both of those series are planned for multiple seasons.

I could see Discovery becoming a film series though maybe now with the CBSViacom merger.

I’m a trekkie babby but yeah I think it’s dead (unless Tarantino makes a new one (heard he isn’t doing it anymore somewhere though), and in fine with that. Us trek fans have had such an insane amount of content and movies made overall that I’m more than happy considering it over.

>only two non-whites on the bridge crew, one of whom was an alien
what did they mean by this? I hope the new Star Trek movie can do something to address this problem.

Attached: original-tng-cast-photo.jpg (805x572, 93K)

I took what she said to mean either S3 is the last, or at least Georgiou's role in Discovery will end after Season 3 and she'll be returned to the 23rd century to do the Section 31 show. I suppose it depends how it all shakes out. Discovery could improve under Paradise and take advantage of its new setting, or it could continue the descent into shit.

>Picard
>Lower Decks
There you go.

Not even Star Wars was as massive as Marvel is right now, it's terrifying that they're now one and the same

>Star Trek: The Original Series (1966-1969)
>Star Trek: The Animated Series (1973-1974)
>Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987-1994)
>Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1993-1999)
>Star Trek: Voyager (1995-2001)
>Star Trek: Enterprise (2001-2005)
>Star Trek: Discovery (2017-)

>Star Trek: Picard (Coming 2020)
>Star Trek: Lower Decks (Coming 2020)
>Star Trek: Section 31 (Slated for 2021)
>Star Trek: Prodigy (Announced)

>Star Trek: Ceti Alpha V (Kurtzman's 5-year plan; development postponed until merger)
>Star Trek: Starfleet Academy (Kurtzman's 5-year plan)

>Star Trek: Destiny (Trademarked)
>Star Trek: Reliant (Trademarked)
>Star Trek: Revolution (Trademarked)

Attached: 1565579543285.jpg (800x600, 163K)

What was the "some shows could be seen as replacements" thing supposed to mean?

It wasn't but it was bigger than Game If Thrones

Attached: JebhO.jpg (560x383, 50K)

I thought that was meant to indicate Picard was a limited series, they're not going to get ancient PatStew to stick around forever.

They said it's set to run 3 seasons if the first is successful. Even mentioned a movie.

>TNG averaged at 11m while GoT hovered at 7m
wow

Netflix is going to crash after they lose Friends and The Office. Especially when Disney destroys them.

Just because a corporation keeps throwing money at a IP doesn’t mean it is successful. WB won’t stop making DCEU movies despite their movies bombing. Universal won’t stop trying to make Dark Universe a thing despite failing.

No one gives a shit about Star Trek. The fact that CBS and Viacom have to merge to save themselves shows this.

In a few years, Disney will buy them all out.

It's going to take the place of Star Wars

Not hard since Disney is trying its hardest to burn it to the ground.

Say what you will about current Star Trek, they didn’t have Kirk try to murder his nephew and drink sloth milk.

what will disney star trek look like

TLDR: Star Trek will apparently become bigger than Marvel because Viacom and CBS are remerging and that means there will be film/TV continuity

It's just a fucking article, holy shit.

Star Trek is garbo

i want a start trek set in the present.
maybe even a reboot of the entire universe
have the federation collapse in the future and a Q pulls one star ship out of the destruction and maroons them in 21st.

Star Trek was never good.
Farscape > Babylon5 > sg-1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DS9 > the rest of the Trek trash.

Notice how every other good scifi shows have chad lead, meanwhile trek trash have literal bald faggot and a Nignog as captain

Attached: 1457232516193.jpg (447x495, 19K)

Hey, massive Trekfag here. There is no way in hell that Trek ever rivals Marvel or approaches its popularity in any possible way. It will never be more popular than it was during TNG.

The Next Generation was an aberration. Trek had been running in syndication for 20 years when TNG premiered, the movies were doing well, and hype around the property was at an all-time high. And the show was fucking great, most importantly, which meant that it retained the viewership from its initial hype. But after that, that interest ebbed and it's not necessarily because the television got worse: a lot of people think DS9 is better than TNG.

These stars will never align again. And we'll never get a decent Trek while Kurtzman is the steward of the franchise because he makes lowest common denominator network tv trash with a Trek sticker slapped onto it.

Attached: 1560977703102.jpg (1070x851, 151K)

Hello, there. All-time GOAT television chad reporting for duty.

Attached: kirk.jpg (880x660, 156K)

>Trek is for old nerds and always will be. Any attempt to make it sexy will fail.
Didn't Russell T Davies take an old kid's show Doctor Who and made it into a smash hit show that lots of adults watch now?

Yeah there's no way Star Trek can be the next Marvel, but another popular tv show could happen.

>no brown jacket
>chad
BasedTrek go home

TNG started discarding Roddenberry's rules immediately after his death which is often credited as the point when TNG gets really good. I'd never say a bad thing about Roddenberry myself but the point you're making is a little disingenuous.

>watch voyager
>captain is strong female who don't need no man
>chief engineer is strong female who don't need no man
>7 of 9 is strong female who don't need no man
>leader of the borg is strong female who don't need no man
people actually love this shit? lmao

>injecting your current year views on feminism and politics into a show made in the 90s
Voyager is a show with a lot of problems and squandered potential but there is nothing wrong with any of those characters/personalities that you mentioned. There was nothing jarring, or out of place about any of it. Believe it or not, people could actually pursue ideas like a strong female captain that don't need no man without it being up on your face and fucking obnoxious back then.

Do you think Sarah Conner's portrayal in Terminator 2 is also SJW feminism trash or something? Because what you said makes me think you're a fucking idiot.

Huge, not so much. It was the largest syndicated show on TV at the time but several big network shows beat it in the ratings.

That's not true at all. Michael Piller he discusses in his book about how they always had to deal with Roddenberry's box and how he himself actually advocated it, despite the writers hating it, because it forced them to write more cleverly. He mentions that he became the replacement for Roddenberry by enforcing those rules. It was only after he left DS9 and the VOY that those were significantly bent and eventually broken. TNG always adhered to Roddenberry's box.

I don't even like stargate, but anyone who'd rank farscape over all that other stuff is a low-shelf shitter of the worst order.
That show made Lexx look intellectually deep and philosophically explorative.

Trekantino Ezekiel 25:17 reboot when?

>The line "I fucking love science" is now engraved into Star Trek cannon.

Attached: 1565675763287.png (781x789, 559K)

Source.

It’s never enough for some people. For some they always want more, which inevitably leads to sanitised, boring products. See Marvel and Star Wars.