During a news conference for the film in Moscow on August 7, Tarantino defended his portrayal of Lee

>During a news conference for the film in Moscow on August 7, Tarantino defended his portrayal of Lee.

>"Bruce Lee was kind of an arrogant guy," Tarantino said. "I didn't just make a lot of that up. I heard him say things like that, to that effect. People are saying, 'Well, he never said he could beat up Muhammad Ali.' Uh, yeah, he did. Not only did he say that, his wife, Linda Lee, said that. In the first biography I ever read was Linda Lee's 'Bruce Lee: The Man Only I Knew,' and she absolutely said it."

>Tarantino also talked about Booth's experience as a Green Beret killing people in hand-to-hand combat in World War II, using that to further justify Booth's superiority over Lee in combat.
He says that if they were fighting in the "jungles of the Philippines in a hand-to-hand combat fight, Cliff would kill him."

Is the feet-licking film-making man, dare I say, based?

Attached: F1929C89-7047-43EB-BA61-3CCC5B2C494B.jpg (477x698, 70K)

Not that I care about the portrayal of Bruce Lee but the idea that army people learn this super effective "real" martial arts that can easily destroy professionals martial artists is something 15 year olds believe in. QT is coming off like the people who say Krav Maga isn't used in MMA because it's too lethal and would kill the opponent.

Attached: 90492909529.png (748x613, 327K)

he's based for not apologizing like a little bitch

Based Quentin, assblasting Leefags like there's no tomorrow

Based, fuck asian "males"

why do muttoids worship this asian ""male"" in the first place?

>army people learn this super effective "real" martial arts
That's not totally bullshit though.

The martial arts they teach you in the military looks kinda lame but they do focus mainly on techniques intended to be lethal or maim your opponent.

They also forego all the mystical DBZ bullshit in favor of training that makes you physically and mentally tougher in a concrete way. Think spending hours kicking tree stumps with your shins or sparring with multiple armed opponents with bare minimum protective gear and no breaks/resets.

They also encourage underhanded shit like fish-hooking, groin strikes and eye-gouging that most traditional martial arts treat as "dishonorable" or illegal in competitions so they are never taught and heavily discouraged.

Think MMA but more brutal and anything goes.

You are a fucking idiot.

> Not that I care about the portrayal of Bruce Lee but the idea that army people learn this super effective "real" martial arts that can easily destroy professionals martial artists is something 15 year olds believe in. QT is coming off like the people who say Krav Maga isn't used in MMA because it's too lethal and would kill the opponent.

You do realize virtually no martial art are used in MMA ?
Brazilian Ju-Jitsu being the sole exception.
They are trained in all kind of boxing and Ju-Jitsu for the grapling.
Basicaly no eastern art martial is used.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of it is just stupid hazing bullshit but what they do teach you is very pragmatic and designed with real life-or-death scenarios in mind.

If the "real" martial artist is well-trained in a and has more experience in non-sporting fights then they'd probably win if if's pure hand-to-hand simply because they practice those skills much more than the typical military guy where it's just a small fraction of their training.

Tarantino's lie:
>People are saying, 'Well, he never said he could beat up Muhammad Ali.' Uh, yeah, he did. Not only did he say that, his wife, Linda Lee, said that. In the first biography I ever read was Linda Lee's 'Bruce Lee: The Man Only I Knew,' and she absolutely said it."

The truth:
>The passage in his wife Linda Lee’s book, “Bruce Lee: The Man I Only Knew,” that Tarantino appears to refer to is a quote from a critic, who wrote that “Those who watched [Bruce] Lee would bet on Lee to render Cassius Clay senseless,” and not from the author herself.

stop trying to halt the based train we're all riding

Green Berets didn't exist anymore in WWII. They were established during Korea

Do you not realize the Tarantinoverse is an alternate Universe??? Historicity has no relevance.

Why is Bruce Lee suddenly a Deity that can't be mocked?

Attached: 3463667.png (239x211, 9K)

The First Special Service Force (predecessor to the Green Berets) existed in WW2. And they wore green berets

Because it hurts the Asian mans fee fees

Funny thing is a movie what we are talking here. And more specifically, a revisionist fantasy made by a nostalgiafag . So the objective "truth" doesn't matter at all. It's not a documentary. Bruce Lee is an arrogant asshole in the universe the film is portraying, and that's that.

Nearly all fighters are trained in jiu jitsu and Muay Thai, both of those being eastern martial arts. It turns out wushu just isn’t that effective of a fighting style. Watch his beach martial arts expo sometime. His fencer stance and use of quick kicks are popular still, but combat sports have progressed a lot since then.

I'm this close to ordering a ticket online for the movie. Is it as based as I hear it is on here.

if you like more slowcore and nostalgiacore type stuff where it really takes its time to develop you'll like it.

Just don't go in expecting a comprehensive retelling of the Manson Family/Sharon Tate story like how the trailer makes it look.

He really turns the footfag shit up to 11 here. So many Margot Robbie feet scenes

Well, I consider Jackie Brown in his Top 3 best movies. Does that mean this will resonate with me?

Maybe, maybe not.

It's even slower and less eventful than that. If you like DiCaprio and Brad Pitt you'll probably like it because it really lets them flex their acting skills and play off each other.

Just got back from the movies. Fucking kino.

Im so damn conflicted on going to see it, how may spoilers did you have before you saw it I keep seeing more and more that I didnt want to know. Im kinda worried ill be brainlet and get bored by the slow parts too

Well that was what Bruce's daughter said: that Tarantino can fictionally portray Bruce however in his movie but don't go around claiming that's what Bruce is really like, like he's doing now.

because it hasn't been done much before. bruce lee pretty much has a 2 dimensional persona so there isn't much to work with, comedy-wise.

one non-trailer spoiler ( a gif of a cam rip posted here) and it made me want to watch it more - and also made me want to watch it asap so i dont get any more spoilers.
also i was insta hiding any tarantino threads since release the gif was posted in a webm thread with no context

>martial arts are only martial arts if they're eastern
>boxing isn't a martial art
I wish this meme would die.

Attached: bellringer.jpg (904x744, 151K)

Yes. Just be prepared that there is no plot and nothing happens, but it's a comfy journey

is it, i dare to say, a slow burner?

Martial arts are mostly impractical in real combat situations.

spoiler:
>you will trip on acid and murder filthy hippies with your well trained pitbull buddy Randy
why even live bros?

Because the Hollywood wants to suck the chinise government dick, they think it's going to be the new us

Brandy* - shes a girl.

And Kareem Abdul Jabar's movie Airplane disrespects victims of Child Rape but he had no problem cracking jokes about that

Did he do it?

Attached: ab0a2cdd-ca8f-4d2f-84af-57beb2f3dc51-pitt.jpg (970x546, 121K)

The boat went over a wave and the spear gun went off. It was accidental.

>Airplane disrespects victims of Child Rape

Attached: epi.gif (768x646, 21K)

I would've.

kek

Attached: 1533279859136.png (1418x2231, 1.84M)

Yeah muay thai is
The ju Jitsu is brazilian though. Not the retarded japanese one
It's a sport that teach you how to fight but it has none of the retarded typical martial fight shit.
You got the jab, the uppercut and the third one (can't remember it's english name)
You just learn how to it and hit hard

Why does tarantino expect the ravenous mob to care about facts?

Oh fuck I can't get enough of brad that's fuckin great

But in the movie the whole event was a fantasy in Cliff's head.
Im kinda surprised Tarantino is defending it directly instead of saying it was just a daydream and isnt meant to imply anything beyond Cliff's point of view

>DUDE ASIANS ARE BEING DISRESPECTED IN TARANTINO'S MOVIE
>d-dude making multiple jokes about raping children isn't making fun of child, rape!
ching ching chong