Is it good?

Attached: ep187-warriors.jpg (780x498, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ljSuROOUxg8
youtube.com/watch?v=rGFXiaaxIYc
youtu.be/FS-siemT6eQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's magic. A whole lotta magic.

Yeah it's a solid 8/10. It is great.

CAN YOU DIG IT?

we're watching it now, get in

Attached: image0.jpg (453x644, 59K)

It's good except for the one Warrior who gets crushed by a train and is never mentioned again because the director fired the actor

The Warriors is good, real good.
The best

Yes.
Avoid Director's cut like a plague.

>Come out to play!

Attached: sean-penn.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

no

DO YOU DIG IT Yea Forums?

For the last time, no.

>NOW THERE AIN'T BUT TWENTY THOUSAND JANNIES IN THE WHOLE WEBSITE!

CAN YOU DIG IT

The only reason anybody cares about this film is the videogame, be honest boys. you're like the people who pretend they played the shit out of fallout 2 even tho nobody had heard of that shit until fallout 3. and yes, i'm older than all of you

I have never played any of the video games you mention.

kys

this movie was on youtube with less than 2000 views for years until the game came out. then every reviewer had to pretend they all saw it back in the day.

Fallout 1 and 2 were epic and incredible.

It all depends on if you can dig it I guess.

Attached: Untitled.png (530x295, 336K)

>The Warriors is a beat 'em up video game, developed by Rockstar Toronto and published by Rockstar Games. It was released on October 17, 2005 for PlayStation 2, Xbox and was later released for PlayStation Portable
Nibba I was 4 when that game came out.
I don't play retroshit.

>never played those video games
>never watched the movie
>never will
>still know all about both

Your move.

>watching movies on youtube
>40 years old movie that was already seen by many in cinemas, on VHS tapes, DVDs, BluRays, pirate files and pirate streams is not popular because this shitty youtube rip was not getting views

Attached: 1397561616923.jpg (1000x1000, 457K)

It's straight up kino

I laughed like a retard when listening to Opie and Anthony, and Patrice said he cried when Ajax got caught. It's a cult movie for a reason.

youtube.com/watch?v=ljSuROOUxg8

Attached: d9d2b6de891d8ce733368733a5a03ec2.jpg (2111x1259, 712K)

I played The Warriors once for like 2 minutes then never saw the game again. Then years later saw the movie and watched it every night for a week.

Streets of Fire was better.

No

you post here, c'mon now, for the memes alone you would know

Attached: filthy-degenerate-s-1186498.png (500x434, 78K)

Most /fa/ gang coming through

Attached: BC39BD33-14F2-4C17-9C33-FAD04DDCC4E5.jpg (2000x1125, 273K)

but why not?

Dafoe's hair was kino

Attached: 32473274.jpg (700x342, 32K)

revival through association is a classic trope in music, film, literature, paintings and so on.
are you all trying to convince me that you're different or something

suckas

You goin' faggot on me, Yea Forums?

greatest soundtrack tells you how great it is.

That ain't Sean Penn, mong.

forgot the soundtrack link.. youtube.com/watch?v=rGFXiaaxIYc

You dense pseud motherfucker, I watched this movie 15 years ago because I was going through cult films page at wikipedia. Fuck you and your retarded theories

The best

duh

Cringe but I liked the panties/molotov scene in the subway.

It's fucking awesome and every boy should watch it growing up.

>cringiest script in almost all of cinema

god fuckin christ, i literally had to stop watching 3/4ths in...

>Nibba I was 4 when that game came out.
you know what to do

Attached: 12382764276244.jpg (724x724, 27K)

>cringe
meaningless

For the love of fucking Christ get a copy of the Theatrical version... the directors fucking TERRIBLE cut has horrible cgi comic panels splitting every scene. What was he thinking....b

The game came out in 2005 the same year Youtube was created so there's no way the movie was on it 'for years' before the game.

Whatever, old man. Tell me more about the Long Long Ago.

cringe

Damn, son. Your butt got shut down.

Vermin or Fox.

Never seen it, but it does sound absolutely awful. Definitely will be watching it because I'm a sucker for that 70s/80s desolate city aesthetic. No fucking way SoF is better than The Warriors, it's just not possible.

I watched it for the first time last year, and it was the director's cut. It was weird, but didn't ruin the movie for me. Are there any other changes made in the DC? I want to rewatch the movie, but I'll check out the theatrical this time.

Are you seriously gonna sit there pretending there was anything resembling this current "review" trend back in 2005? No reviewer pretended like they'd seen it before, because reviewers as they are now didn't exist.

it was 14 years ago, forgive me for misjudging.
i would rather see a reply to
without resorting to "well ME knows it because X and X"

Not only is he never mentioned again, he isn't even listed in the credits. Not sure what went on between the actor and the director, but they must have seriously pissed each other off. Also, the actor is the dude who played Windows in The Thing, so he's got some serious 80s cult cred to his name.

there where tv shows and magazines

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

no its fucking gay

Only niche retro mags, personal blogs and seanbaby were reviewing 80s movies back then. I'd heard of the movie before the game because my dad had the soundtrack on vinyl from back in the day, but you are correct that the game raised the movie's profile among the younger generation. I'm just not sure why this is considered a bad thing.

Watched this recently with my gf because we both liked the synopsis. Knew about it for years and never got around to watching it.

It had so much promise and potential. It’s a typical, schlocky, low budget 70s exploitation flick with a few neat ideas bouncing around getting lost in the messy execution of the film. It, unironically, could really benefit from a remake that fleshes out all of its themes and makes it more of a sprawling, edge of your seat thriller/beat em up. It’s just an average, cult film that boomers and self proclaimed film aficionados classify as “classic” or “essential” cinema.

Attached: 5DA6E1B7-0FC7-4C73-88A2-37511950635D.jpg (819x1024, 177K)

Hell fucking yeah. Video game was surprisingly good too.

more

Attached: 1560293969173.jpg (608x608, 70K)

yes. kino, infact

The guy who played Windows in The Thing seems to die horrific deaths in film. Getting tossed onto the tracks was pretty brutal. His character was pretty cool while it lasted.

The Warriors is a GREAT movie but Streets of Fire is a MASTERPIECE!!!FACT!!!

Attached: streets_of_fire.jpg (586x576, 140K)

>remake The Warriors into a soulless action movie
Yes, remove all the schlock and charm that the movie is beloved for. Worked great for the Point Break remake.

WE GOT THE BOARDS SUCKERS, CAN YOU DIG IT?

You thought you could post something no one would recognize. But I did. 1:57!!!FACT!!! youtu.be/FS-siemT6eQ

I didn’t say make it suck. You’d obviously have to retain the vibe and character. This just can’t fall into incompetent hands. It really wasn’t in good hands to begin with, there is a much better film buried in there somewhere.

Look at this zoomer.

I'll always hate the idea of a Warriors remake, but Zahler could probably do something with it.

My older brother and cousin showed me the movie way before the game came out. They also showed me The Wanderers.

this movie was about as stupid and gay as rocky horror picture show
i picture the same people liking both of these
>gangsters dressed like baseball players

Your narrowminded lack of imagination is pathetic and faggoty. Fuck outta here with your shit taste, cunt.

For me, it's the Turnbull AC's

Attached: TBAC.jpg (2000x1125, 198K)

uh oh looks like we got a real warrior here

Its based sully from Commando

Attached: sully.jpg (719x387, 54K)

Saturday Night Fever starting now

This. Also sauce

bump

How is this a Warriors thread if The Orphans isn't here?

Attached: orphans2-728x410.jpg (728x410, 43K)

The best.

I LIKE YOU, YOU A FUNNY GUY SULLEH

good at being the pussiest looking street gang in all of cinema

Look it’s no big deal, a lot of jannies heads got busted

I'm gonna turn you into a popsicle.

ajax is scrawny, has boyband hair and has weird feminine lips

I bought the game used right at the end of the Xbox because I liked the movie, fuck you.

It is possible the best movie video game and expands on the gang lore in good ways btw.

Ajax is peak gangmode. Tall and buff enough to rumble, lithe and fast enough to flee from pigs.

Totally agree, overrated film.

High IQ post

>It, unironically, could really benefit from a remake that fleshes out all of its themes and makes it more of a sprawling, edge of your seat thriller/beat em up.
thats the game
this is literally the game to a T

Lmao, it really is. user even mentioned "beat em up".

I remember playing the game with my brother and having so much trouble with the rooftop run. Played it by myself and did it so easily.

>he isn't even listed in the credits
is that even allowed? I assumed that the Screen Actor's Guild required them to be listed

Fox was supposed to be the love interest of Mercy, but they had no chemistry so Hill gave that to Swan instead, which pissed off Fox's actor Waites. The working conditions for the film were pretty bad, the crew came into contact with real gangs several times and all 9 Warriors actors shared one trailer. Waites threatened to report the conditions to the Screen Actor's Guild, which really pissed Hill off. Waites also kept sneaking off set to smoke pot. So Hill had Fox killed off, and he even let the stuntmen be creative with how they do it.

Hill later regretted that he was so hard on the kid.

The actor requested that he not be credited.

TAXI DRIVER NOW
get in for kino

>The actor requested that he not be credited.
damn, that must be some serious beef with the director. That's some serious "cutting your nose to spite your face" shit.

Nobody is wasting nobody!

>that story
absolutely based. tidbits like this are the best.

fuckin this, i would have no idea what his name was if it weren't for the thing

Fox also broke Mercys arm irl during the scenes when they're running together, which is why she puts on a jacket at one point

The rest is OURS

This I didn't know.

>tfw I try to shoot up the Judaic Studies building to get revenge for my gf cucking me for a black man but my chastity belt pinches my balls and the black security guard tackles me and rapes me

Will this be remade?

stay tuned, boppers

Attached: DJ_splash.jpg (914x514, 242K)

>The only reason anybody cares about this film is the videogame
I unironically live about 15 minutes away from coney island so no

>guess all we can do is play you a song

NOWHERE TO RUN TO BABY

Yup. Also, not only was Fox supposed to live, Vermin was supposed to die by being killed by the Lizzies. Vermin's actor gave the character a funny side to convince Hill to keep him around.

I wouldn't like a sequel but I'd be fine with a polished remake. The game definetly needs a sequel where you and your friends can create your own gang.