Watch movie from 80s

>watch movie from 80s
>it takes place in midwest america
Why did movies back then always do that?

Attached: 57ec29fa077dccf2018b8c62-750-563.png (750x563, 304K)

The Midwest is comfy that’s why

Back then movies were made for the average American, now they are designed for worldwide audiences

How so?

How exactly is racism comfy, my dude?

Except dont most americans live along the coasts?

no niggers

>Except dont most americans live along the coasts?

That wasn't true in the past, and it took a couple of generations before the cultural perception changed.

Attached: census_urban_vs_rural_population.jpg (550x387, 80K)

Based

Because living in the midwest and north america wasn't shamed upon.

When there’s no blacks, you can finally relax

they didn't hate white people back then

it was like 90% white

also people moved much more often. so people from midwest would move to california etc. and move back when they felt like it, before the hispanic invasion.

You are telling me it took over 60 years for most americans to realize most people live on the coasts? Also there are rural locations even in the states along each coast right? so I would actually be surprised if the majority of americans ever lived in middle america

Whats the most common midwestern state depicted in film? I feel like its probably Illinois or Indiana? Wonder why that is...

midwest was the default location for tales about charming simple folk.

the South wouldve been another but hollywood was pushing anti south rhetoric super hard back then.
so anything set in the South had to default be about some whiteys being racist to innocent negros

I'll give you one chance to take that horrible, awful word back

no

It's still primarily on the coasts, don't know what the hell you're on about.

>disregard the shit ton of movies that take place in California or New York
OP is a faggot again, as usual.

WRONG

>You are telling me it took over 60 years for most americans to realize most people live on the coasts?

>1930s: the Golden Age of Hollywood. 50+% of people live in cities, but it's still a fairly even split. Perception is still that the majority are rural.

>1960s: The majority live in cities, but the majority have also seen movies made in the previous 30 years, which typically depict the average person as rural.

>1990s: Having seen a large increase in movies depicting the average person as urban, most filmmakers now have the perception that the average person is urban.

I'm not talking about studying census records; I'm talking about getting a sense of demographics via cultural osmosis reflected in movies (which are created and funded by people who were born a generation earlier than you).

those always had a city setting, anything rural had to be midwest.

The day after

Yeah but like i said, i would be surprised if the majority of the US population ever lived anywhere but the coasts. That graph is just a distinction between rural and urban living. Coastal states also have rural areas.

>goonies, BTTF, gremlins, ghostbusters, stand by me, die hard, terminator, lost boys, karate kid. BEVERLY HILLS cop, coming to america
poltergeist wasn't even in the midwest, was in Irving or some shit

Most 80s movies take place in cities and along coasts, prove me wrong.

Attached: IMG_4774.png (600x450, 9K)

Ok, name some. I'm curious, because the only ones I've seen take place in a big city.

Much better

Youve akeeady been proven wrong

>akeeady
And no, I havent

Not that user, but the OP is talking about midwest. And if thats the case any movie in cities like Chicago fit that

name some, I can only think of three

>war movie
>young recruit is from Kansas

Attached: 1505090674948.jpg (225x225, 11K)

Pretty much all of John Hughes films

>80s movie
>house has a trellis
>someone uses it to climb to the second floor

Attached: 1506291514852.jpg (720x809, 79K)

trips of truth

and two I was thinking of were John Hughes, fair enough post,

>80s movie
>about highschoolers
>all the actors portraying the highschoolers are mid 20s

Attached: 1565722069435.png (483x470, 184K)

>80s and 90s comedy movie
>bad guy gets raped for laughs

Attached: 1565494483490.png (212x218, 83K)

>any movie at any time
>male gets raped for laughs

Attached: 1564719480276 (1).jpg (240x232, 7K)

there are a shitload i can think of off the top of my head that were in Illinois, especially teen movies.
-weird science
-16 candles
-breakfast club
-ferris bueller
-the griswolds lived in chicago, as did Steve Martin in planes trains & automobiles and the Home Alone family

Escape from New York
Taxi Driver
The Goonies
Ghostbusters
Karate Kid
Trading Places
Coming to America
Any movie in Chicago is a city movie obviously

ok Waynes World in Peoria

zero niggers

Wayne's world was 92, regardless Home Alone 2 in 92

Aurora