Dude just buy a faster broom than everyone else lmao

>dude just buy a faster broom than everyone else lmao

why was harry such a pay2win baby?

Attached: nimbus 2000.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=351Aa5q_S98
answers.com/Q/Who_gave_Harry_Potter_his_Nimbus_2000
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He just liked rubbing it in Ron's face.

Wasn't it just gifted to him by an anonymous donor?

He won because the Sly guy got scared of hitting the ground

isnt he rich? why did everyone give him stuff?
fucker couldve bought a firebolt

Harry was a spoiled trust fund asshole

It's a childrens movie, roast

spent it all on the lot of candy

life is pay to win

mcgonagall gave it to him apparently. A fucking teacher who was the lead of their team.

You think everyone would be required to use standardized equipment

The money was basically a gift too, but he didn't have to spend any of it. Everything was handed to him for free.

Was it a power play?

HOWEVER...

Classic poorfag logic. The garlic to vampiric, cretinous plebs. However, it's not something one is likely to find in the works of modern filmmakers, content with propagating pitiful piles of offal. Logic in the cinema is truly dead. Why is that, you ask? Well, it all started with the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs"

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King

Attached: 1485638790859.jpg (1565x2823, 558K)

it was weird how he was treated as if he was a poor kid or something, when in reality he had it all except parents

Because he had the Coin, Bitchboi. Nah but seriously, Harry's fully aware about Rons financial Situation yet he never even asks to help him out although he had stacks in the Bank. Not like he's obliged to buy him a schoolbook or a Meal once in a while but it would be definitely a Bro Thing to do. Remember when Ron broke his Wand and ran around with it for a whole Schoolyear ? I know they're expensive but Harry would have easily been able to help him out.

your random sprinkle of capitalized letters is truely magical

Didn't he also get another, better broom given to him with a cringey freeze frame?

I think she kinda forgot about the whole Harry is loaded plot after the first book.

To be fair, as someone who grew up as a relative poorfag, having your close friends treat you all the time gets really heartbreaking after a while since you just start to feel so damn guilty and useless.

based

Why didn't Harry just pay the asian girl to jerk him off like all white boys do?

I think Rowling has Harry offer to do it, but Ron or Mrs. Weasley flat out refuse out of pride. I think the broken wand not getting fixed was some sort of misguided punishment for stealing the flying car, as well.

Why didn't he take out all his money from the (((goblin))) bank?

Ron gave Harry erectile dysfunction while he slept by casting the Phallus Malus spell as revenge

i think he couldnt withdraw it except for school stuff until hes 18 right?

harry
>has unlimited wealth,
>gets bought the equivalent of a motogp bike when everyone else is cycling by a teacher
>rubs it in his poverty stricken friends face
malfoy
>generously uses his merger family savings to buy new gear for the whole team
>everyone gets the same gear no favourites

Who was the bad guy in this flick again?

Attached: nice.jpg (625x415, 61K)

its funny when you look back, you notice how much of a hack rowling really is

nyeh poster will arrive soon

Why the fuck would he keep going back to his shitty foster family when he had so much gold in the bank to buy a house in the witch world?

youtube.com/watch?v=351Aa5q_S98

I don't get it

Whats the winning price? A flag change in the dinner hall? Why do anyone give a shit?

>you can get advantages in life by sucking an old mans dick
Was harry potter trying to warn us about winestien? wow, really shines a whole new aspect on the movie.

Shit writing. If he actually did what literally anyone would do once they found out they were a millionaire and just buy a house in the wizard world then there'd be zero reason to pity him and see him as an underdog all the time. The series does a piss poor job of it anyway since everyone hands shit to Harry all the time and anyone that dislikes him is portrayed as either evil or irrational.

How many hookers did Harry hire?

Attached: 1564782010678.jpg (1280x1351, 729K)

He took the lot.

How much was the gold really worth? When he buys the sweets he hands over like 6 pieces of gold. So he might not actually be as rich as it seems, he is 10 after all and probably has no concept of money so just presumes what he has is a literal fortune when it could actually just be a decent but hardly life-changing amount.

probably something to do with wizard SAT score

based on the cost of retaining that volume of physical assets in a bank it can't be an insignificant amount.

Did Gryffindor win EVERY house cup while Harry was there? I can't remember ANY other house winning, but I did read them 20 years ago

There was a charm on the house that made it impossible even for Voldemort to find.

>You will never be a fat old greasy jew that gets prime Anglo breeding stock to slobber his matzo balls in exchange for acting roles

Feels really fucking bad bros

But was his gold worth more in the wizard world or if he converted the worth of the gold to dollars or pounds?

THAT'S NOT JUST A BROOM, HARRY.

Depends do you count who really won or "ahhem ting ting ting, however..."

>Who was the bad guy in this flick again?
the son of the death eater user, piss off.

harry was literally a fusion dance with wizard Hitler.

>fictional sport with rules thought up by a woman
doesn't show.

Worst one yet by a huge margin, you should be embarrassed. Should have started with something like “Why didn’t he pay his way out of the dullest franchise...”

Attached: HOWEVER 2016.jpg (1920x800, 221K)

fuck I missed you

The only question you should be asking is why the fuck didn't JK make pic related happen.

Attached: images.jpg (475x645, 59K)

Harry was literally Hitler

So what's stopping your team from just guarding the hoops and sending 3 people to find the snitch (and clubbing the opponent's seeker to death with your clubs)?

Harry isn't chad enough for her

Nothing. If Quidditch was real then the game would literally be "Cripple the seeker".

eheh(d)eh

Attached: ehehe.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

Because she knew that leaving room for fan fiction is the best way to keep a literary audience. If you give them what they want they read the book and fuck off. If you cock tease them they spend hours writing about it and convincing them selves that they are "part of a comunity" and buy your merch.

What do you think it felt like to have tight little 14 year old Emma ass squeezing your cock like big bad Harv had?

But Wun wun was?

Hermione wouldn't be his friend if he had less money

Because she couldn't handle being called cliche by scholars

chad enough to impregnate her

Ron had that girl lust over him who even tried to roofie him. She was also way hotter than Watson

You're glowing

Why is this series so shit?

Hermione parents traded their muggle money for magic one, what stops Ron's family to refill coke bottles and sell it to
the muggles??

Harry, he is a total cunt

a glib facsimile

>Okay team, I've been thinking about our strategy. I realized that six out of the seven of us are playing useless positions. So I propose that all of us abandon them and help Harry find the Snitch. I've already had Professor McGonagall sell all of our brooms and use the remainder of the budget to buy a professional-grade broom so he can catch the Snitch faster than the other team can score fifteen goals. Any questions?

Attached: 1526401747392.jpg (531x393, 42K)

>14
He had her younger and it's been confirmed desu

>tfw I regularly look for fanfics where the Harmony ship sails
Utterly pathetic, I know

Probably because Wizards in the Harry Potter universe are borderline retarded and many don't even know that shit like the London Underground exists and those that do have zero idea how it was possible without magic.

it's a competition user, just winning a proving you superiority is enough

Got any good sappy romance ones? I love romance stories. I know its pathetic.

I have still have not heard a single good explanation for why poorfags exist in a world where fucking magic is possible. Wizards use spells for all kinds of normal shit, you’re telling me that they can’t use their magic to conjure up money or fix up a big house?

>t's been confirmed desu
sauce

kek

You're not allowed to use magic around muggles and I'm guessing swindling them with magic is still highly frowned upon.
Plus

it's been explained countless times that by the law they can't create money
the house point is good tho, unless there's some lore about it I don't know

source: she's a child actress

That's unironically the best acted scene of the entire series. It captures the feeling slight awkwardness of an older student having to teach a younger one something but with a genuine attempt to integrate him to the group. Despite hackclifs best efforts to ruin it.

They can create shit to sell for money. Or start a business using magic instead of hiring loads of workers. Every single wizard should be rich as fuck.

How can Wizards protect their magical areas with charms and spells when they don't even know things like thermal imaging or satellites exist? Seems like any rudimentary piece of surveillance technology would spot them.

How would anyone know if you created the money? Or if you created a product to sell to muggles and then converted the money over to Wizard money? Why don't you just magic up your own food and shit anyway. Wizard economics is flawed.

Who coule find it, I mean not all criminals have to be like Voldemort or Grindelwald, some of them can be like druglords, qne just want to make money.
But the other user is right, they can't even conceive the world without magic.

Malfoy didn't do shit. His dad used the fortune he acquired from sucking Voldemort's cloaca to buy the entire team new gear just so they'd let his shitty little asswipe of a son play on their team because he wanted to spite Harry. And then he got outskilled as a seeker and lost them the game anyway. They probably would have beaten his ass right then and there if they weren't afraid of his dad using an illegal spell to murder them right in front of the headmaster's office. He'd fucking do it too.

They can conjure things to sell them with 0 expenses

>Be filthy rich
>Still get free shit
>But the rich guy who bought brooms for his son's entire team is evil
Why is Rowling such a cunt?

the question was about creating money, coming up with schemes to get it is a completely different beast but, and I'll answer to too, I assume they have some way to track it, or whatever. not literally anything needs to be explained for a fictional setting to be consistent, especially not overanalyzed things like this. this isn't any better than the aragon's tax policy debate
I'm not saying HP's world is top tier, but this point is just needlesly autistic

why the fuck didn't the sport have standards at all? did they use different balls every game too?

who should they sell it to? wizards could make it for themselves for free, and I'm sure selling it to muggles is illegal

he grew up under a set of stairs I'm surprised he didn't act all nigger rich when he found the pile of gold

because in a world where everyone is mostly self sufficient only those who are able to provide and monopolise some unique service are actualy able to generate wealth. There are no cobblers, joiners, plumbers, day labourers, sparks or anything else because all their jobs are made redundant by spells mastered by pre-teens (see harmiony fixing harries glasses on the train.) The only people who could actually create wealth for themself would be wand makers, land owners, rare creature farmers, and bankers. As a result only a tiny fraction of the wizard population would hold all the wealth and the rest would be serfs or at best civil servants in the courts of the elites.

Voldemort isn't Hitler he's Lenin.

>why are people with reality-bending powers not using them to get out of poverty
>wtf thats autistic lol turn your brain off

Kill yourself

You guys are forgetting the douchy part about what Malfoy. He was NOT on the quidditch team. He only got the spot by buying the brooms, knocking out a more deserving member.

you are both so cute

he didn't get outskilled by harry his true loyalty lies with voldemort so he had to step down and let harry (voldemort) win

Because she had some issues with her ex husband and projected it on her writing instead of following where the story went, i recently re-read book 6 and harry was top alpha: while he was recognized as a top dog freedom fighter he genuinely didn't care and was constantly rejecting the highest authority figures not only in the school but in the world. it's a literal impossibility for Hermione to not make a move at least subconsciously. Also ron was a jealous non-entity in b6.

harry only got on because he gobbled mcgonigle's gash

>why doesn't my fantasy setting made specifically for children provide an extensive analysis of the intricacies of its financial and legislative aspects?
think about what you're asking for a solid and unassainable explaination and then tell me who should jump off a cliff, you mongrel
also congratulations for completely missing the point of my post for the sake of shitposting

Thing is that in a world where magic is possible it then becomes hard to start creating parallels with the real non-magic world. The anime Full Metal Alchemist for example sort of answered the question by saying that whatever you transmute needs to be of the equivalent value, therefore creating gold is impossible. Bit of a shit example I know but it at least tried to explain why all Alchemists weren't billionaires. HP just seems to want to both eat its cake and have it. Wizards with the ability to conjure up all sorts of shit with very loose rules tied to the world and yet also try to have an established society that includes an economy based off of a material that a wizard should be able to create or at the very least become rich in the muggle world.

The instant it was shown that Harry was rich, questions need to be asked as to why he then proceeded to do fuck all with it. Why go live back with the cunt family when he could just buy a mansion and fuck hot wizard bitches all day? Why don't the Ginger family just magic up some extra shit or something if they're so poor.

Because it was invented by a woman

B&R

T-thanks

Attached: source.gif (500x281, 796K)

No, Rowling only adressed the matter with “ if you conjure things they gonna disappear later” but that doesnt solve the problem at all

they ban children from using magic so they have a market

magic specialization still exists. just look at how it works with real jobs

how the hell can you say someone else is more deserving when he's going to provide the entire team access to top of the line gear

1/10 intro

I'm glad you aknowlegde that FMA is a shit example also because in the story at some point they realize that that rule is bullshit
again, the only good debatable discrepancy I can find is the fact that they apparently for no reason at all live in a shithole, but the fact that they are poor, ie. have no good amount of currency, can make sense

Is there any other work of fiction that’s more devoid of logic than Harry Potter? There’s so many flaws and inconsistencies to point out. This is why whenever your universe has magic in it, make sure there are clear rules and boundaries

yes but that still doesn't disprove the fact that selling shit to muggles is most likely illegal
I don't get what you mean, that kids could actually do that?

lord of the rings

Your retarded post adressed the original point of “why wizards can be poor” with “its too autistic to look into it”

Obviously its a childrens book and it doesnt need to explain shit, but your “insightful point” that i somehow missed was written diarrea. Asking why powerful beings are ok being poor and miserable its one of the first things that come to mind, it even ocurred me when i was a boy reading the books. The internet is full of people asking the same question

unironically jojo

This is why I dropped the series when I was a child. I understand why he had to still live with the Dudley's but I just didn't get why he didn't spend money to make his friends and his life that much easier. He literally does jack shit with the money.

why didn't harry just fly to the horcruxes with a broomstick? why didn't he learn the spell where you fly around as mist?

Yeah FMA does just throw away its rules at convenience. I guess that the Weasley's are just stupid and that's probably the main reason they're so poor. I mean, doesn't the Dad have a pretty high-up job in the Ministry? He should be making a pretty decent amount of gold coins. He's even a Muggle researcher so he should have at least some concept about how he could make extra money.

all of my keks

Attached: 1415814879708.jpg (261x165, 12K)

the fact that people all over the world obsess over this retarded point doesn't make it any less retarded

Theres literally nothing indicating its illegal and when Rowling was asked she only said “ shit dissappears yo” so no, your headcannon is not true

I accept your concession

I thought the disappearing thing only referenced duplication magic or whatever it was specifically the gold coins given out at the quiddich cup

>doesn't the Dad have a pretty high-up job in the Ministry?
obviously no, him actually being some hot shot in the office is completely headcannon and also contraddictswhat kind of beta he is to malfoy senior in book 2
also don't forget that they have like 7 kids, so whatever money they need to sustain the family goes obviously down the drain because mr wisley didn't avada kedavra'd one of his mutts while in the womb

>aragon's tax policy debate
That's not a debate, he ruled as a medieval king, the peasants farmed and gave a portion of their produce as tax. HP could literally magic giant crops and corner the agricultural market. The magical good guys in lotr avoid using power overtly because the results are catastrophic no matter your intentions. All Rowling had to do was write a simple explanation along these lines.

It seems that the wizards and witches at Hogwarts are able to conjure up many things, such as food for the feasts, chairs and sleeping bags. . .if this is so, why does the wizarding world need money ? What are the limitations on the material objects you can conjure up ? It seems unnecessary that the Weasleys would be in such need of money. . . (Jan Campbell)
A: Very good question (well done, Jan!!). There is legislation about what you can conjure and what you can't. Something that you conjure out of thin air will not last. This is a rule I set down for myself early on. I love these logical questions!
(src: "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000)

>There is legislation about what you can conjure and what you can't

Oh the law says you can't so of course you can't. I forgot that's how things worked in Rowling's world where every adult carries something more power than a gun.

Ah I thought he was the head of muggle research or some shit, guess he was just a wage-slave then. Yeah good point about his kids, one died however so that should help a little.

no concession, I made my point clear, if you want to keep asking for a logic explanaition because the economics of wizard's world destroy your suspension of disbelief, be my guest
no headcannon, it's only my possible theory, and I honestly think it's a very likely one considering how the setting works
fuck off you old fuck and go finish your book

so the law keeps people poor because..............

I don't remember exactly now, but I think it was sort of implied that it was some b series department, like shown, again, by the banter from malfoy

It's an elegant social commentary/deconstruction on how basketball is 90% genetics

Reminder that Molly Weasley used a spell that turned someone into bubbles, effectively killing them and removing all evidence that the murder occurred, this spell is apparently allowed and yet the killing curse is evil and banned.

Brilliant writing.

I don't know, user, why do poor people exist IRL?

You literally backpedalled and now its not “autistic” but “retarded” even thought you said that theres no reason wizards shouldnt fix their house with magic.

Sounds like a concession

Fair one, thanks for the insight user.

>You literally backpedalled and now its not “autistic” but “retarded” even thought you said that theres no reason wizards shouldnt fix their house with magic.

>Sounds like a concession

Attached: DF56A795-59E1-459C-BC3F-9B877E3C6C71.png (760x792, 59K)

finally someone points out an actual inconsistency
I think that the creation of the forbidden curses really backfired on the story as the series progressed

>no headcannon its only my theory

Are you literally braindead? I mean if youre just trying to bait id be ashamed.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they don't win it starting book 3.
Because then poor Ron would get nobody.
He did get a new job during book 6.

> he resorted to wojak greentexting

Dude you dont have to beg, its pathetic, just move on.

Why is there even specific spell called the 'killing curse' when there are infinite ways to kill someone? I’m sure there’s a spell where wizard could conjure up a lightning bolt to kill someone, how is that any difference than the killing curse?

Harry never paid for a broom.

McGonnegal bought the first one for him.
Sirius bought him the second.

does the other one suck their soul into the wand? are there ghosts when someone uses the killing curse?

Are you fucking seriously taking my posts down because I changed autistic for retarded? Ok, it's fucking autistic to look for a perfect explaination for the economics of harry potter and whoever find this, of all things in a series about magic with time travel and shit, as what makes the whole thing unplausible if an absolute retard.
is that fucking clear now?

I believe it is down to intent. The sole purpose of the killing curse is to kill, it has no other practical application. Then again, a spell that turns people into bubbles also has no other practical application other than killing the person. At least the killing curse leaves a body behind.

Its a childrens book for fucks sake, jk rowling just wanted to add some “misterious forbbiden spells” you can kill someone with thousand spells

>He did get a new job during book 6.
well then I guess they weren't poor anymore? in general money is never a big element in the plots, especially past the first 2
yeah I think I misinterpreted what you meant, I'll admit that

Before all the spells were somewhat creative and whimsical then it's just a gun by another name.

love potions and mind wiping is fine. transforming into other people is fine and they even cover it in grade school. killing a spider? not allowed

Attached: 1565759426795.png (739x501, 321K)

>Wizards with the ability to conjure up all sorts of shit with very loose rules tied to the world and yet also try to have an established society that includes an economy based off of a material that a wizard should be able to create or at the very least become rich in the muggle world.

Wizards can't conjure up shit from thin air if they don't already have it. Ron's Mother makes mention of this when it comes to cooking that she can't just make a full meal out of nothing and that she needs the ingredients in the first place

they aren't mysterious though, they are thoroughly explained. If they were just mysterious in a lovecraft unspeakable horror type way it would be interesting. But it's not.

love you sweety x

You can literally turn someone into an ant and crush it or materialize a fucking piano over his head, not to mention a thousand ways to get rid of the body. It all falls apart when you think about it.

I don't know what the new job pays so its unknown if the Weasels are better off or not.

Nobody wants a “perfect explanation” retard, just dont make entire families with reality controlling powers poor and miserable only so you can feel pity about poor Ron.

Or she forgot that she had already created the 'evil' spells and the only one not included in the list is the one Snape created himself but arguably isn't lethal and the damage can be reversed and even then it's still debatable if it would be considered 'evil'. Molly straight up creates the most harrowing death spell in the series and no one says anything.

ikr also why is roofying people socialy acceptable in the wizarding world? love potions should be illegal imagine all the rape in hogwarts

What was the tax policy?

serious question, is there a passage in the book where someone pops something out of nothing without any evidence of the material for that to be available? and I mean a full blow item like said piano, not elemental shit like shootin fire

I just love romance, you fucking faggot.

Attached: 1465664293.jpg (459x294, 35K)

I thought sirius black gave it to him. Im pretty sure.

they aren't the fucking djinn, idiot, they have limitations to what they can do

I wish I could give you a big hug!
such a darling baby boy!

Fuck love potions there's a perfect memory charm and a spell that perfectly paralyses you need I say more. There would be a lot of "unexplained" pregnancies in the wizarding world

is there an abortion spell?

Stuff like this is why there’s no reason for the existence of potions. There are spells for fucking everything, but wizards need potions when it comes to needing the power to shapeshift, get the fuck outta here

fetusdeletus

Reminder that all that shit about love potions is advertised to girls in the setting to get whatever guy they want and that there's a chance that a significant portion of marriages are based on this lie

kek

why didn't he just buy Ron?

just drink some of that luck shit and flip a coin asking for an abortion

Logically you wouldn't be materialising it out of nothing, you could just move it from point A to point B, which is shown to be possible. So all you'd need is the piano to already exist and then just magic it to the location of your choosing. Why not put some shit in a fireplace and use that magic sand to send it to someones house?

wasn't that actually a plot point with voldermorts family or something?

No but it is ironic if you look at this thread and then look at the shrieking Yea Forums does when GRRM asking about a tax policy gets brought up
>NOOOO YOU CAN'T ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT MY SACRED COW FRANCHISE! PRETENTIOUS HACK!

Yes.
Merope stopped giving Tom Riddle Sr. the daily dose and he dumped her on the spot.

Sirius Black was still in Azkaban during Philosopher's Stone. No fucking way is he out buying Nimbus 2000's. The film quite clearly shows McGonagall acknowledging Harry after he unwraps the broom.

Sirius got him the Firebolt during his third year, after the Nimbus 2000 got whomped.

So can we admit that them popping things out of nothing is a stupid point? Because moving X from a to b =/= infinite resources.

In fairness, in the books when you catch the snitch you get a bunch of points and the game ends; you don't automatically win like they say in the movie. If the other team had enough of a lead on points you'd actually lose the game by catching the snitch.

Nope
Sirius gave him the Firebolt after he broke his Nimbus in book 3

There are rules and boundaries, and there's very few plotholes or lapses of logic... in the books. The movies were poor adaptations. A movie shouldn't rely on the source material to be good.

probably did, bought a friend and a fuck from the Weasleys

Unless you're talking about the 2003 series I don't follow. All the top tier fighters in Brotherhood have either had direct contact with God or they're powered by a Philosopher's Stone (which was created though the equivalent exchange of 1,000,000 people). It's not breaking the rules when divine intervention comes into the mix.

>the other team has to score at least 16 times more than the other for the seeker to not fuck them over

Quidditch is so unbalanced

they do say that in the movies.

I'm not the user you were replying to originally. I was just trying to point out how such methods of killing another person would be possible.

To all the people ITT asking why don't they make money, I ask this: why didn't they materialize a nuke inside Voldemort's ass? Checkmate.

>Sirius gave him the Firebolt after he broke his Nimbus
This is the gayest sentence I have ever read

>There are rules and boundaries, and there's very few plotholes or lapses of logic... in the books
are you retarded?

They need to know the exact location of the nuke, also 99% of wizards have no idea what the fuck a nuke even is

Like, buy 5 or 6 guns and just shoot the guy lmao

Poverty is an issue in the series though. Ron one of the main characters is poor.
Taxes are never mentioned in LOTR. No one is complaining they didn't get paid or that they don't have the wealth for something.

is there AIDS in the wizarding world?

Why didn't they just write something good instead?

Attached: 1382232465826.jpg (1007x1282, 370K)

That's not what I asked. I asked why they don't create a bomb out of nothing, because a lot of people here seem to think they can do that with anything else.

yes yes good point user good point user HOWEVER

why use guns when there is a perfectly good killing spell that costs nothing to cast and can be fired as fast as you can think about firing it.

A lot of the tax policy criticism comes from the fact that there isn’t even much focus on the system of taxes within asoiaf. There are throwaway lines about putting taxes on things like brothels in ACOK and ASOS, but that’s about it. Besides GRRM’a world is filled with logical flaws when regarding how the seven kingdoms work. The biggest example is how the levels of currency are never explained or how houses could for thousands of years

Because they can't, they need to know the exact location of all the materials necessary to create said explosion or have them on their person

buy some TNT from the muggle scum then

Voldemort did nothing wrong.
HAIL VICTORY

Cause magic shields and barriers.

Cant deflect a fucking shot in the face

The thousand years thing is explained in a spinoff book. Basically, most people are retarded and they added an extra zero to everything. So things that are said to have happened 10000 years ago only happened 1000 years ago. They didn't really keep time until a little before Aegon showed up.

yeah a woman wrote this

Magical aids

have any of your relatives or ancestors done anything that we should hate and punish you for?

That's real dumb.

Not really.

This opening is incredibly bad, which is a perfect fit for dullest franchise in the history of literature.

everyone in lotr is royalty and rich as fuck besides the hobbits

accio

That's not the point user.

been thinking, if everyone who had an owl get their mail sent to them by their owl how did the kids who didn't have a pet owl get their mail?

my name is david I would appreciate it if you used it

The Bagginses are rich as fuck

Bilbo is super rich. Which means frodo is too

email

>Game of Thrones and LOTR
>Shit Tier

This has got to be bait.

Attached: 1425447920089.gif (452x308, 3.68M)

Harry is a broom babby and not a true student of the game.

If you actually read the books you would know why movie faggot.

the other 3 hobbits are just regular ass hobbits

GoT is shit

Name a few then. They mention plenty of rules. Can't make food out of nothing, can't apparate inside Hogwarts, can't use certain spills on non inanimate objects

Then why didn't Frodo hire a mercenary army to fight Sauron?

just read the many points in this thread

it was one small chest of gold and it smelled like a troll

Well David money nor taxes are never mentioned in LOTR. A characters poverty is mentioned in Harry Potter.
One is relevant to the story the other isn't.

Well no. You see most people on Yea Forums and people who make those kinds of images are basically Otto from A Fish Called Wanda. They don't actually care about what the books message is and they don't really understand it either. They read it just for the prestige of reading it and so they can posture and preen online even though they sped read through it and looked up a summary somewhere.

They don't read for the enjoyment of reading, they read for their ego basically. And that's sad.

>"Oi Ron, I'll give you 100 galleons if yer take some polyjuice potion, turn into Hermione and let me fuck yer"
haha that would be so funny I bet Ron would be embarrassed but I think he'd do it since he needs money haha I bet he'd feel weird getting fucked as a woman by his friend haha I would haha I wouldn't mind trying it once though hahahaha

I don't mean the gold from the hobbit. Before he even goes on his adventure Tolkien goes on about how well off he is, and how Bag End is the nicest place around, hence why his relatives are seething when he comes back alive and they don't get it.

Merry is rich too. Sam and Pippin are regular though I think.

>not continuing the pasta
0/10

The existence of the time-travelling magic clock is already a very big fuckup

Sauron paid more.
Plus his mithril armor. Which is worth more than towns. He also had a nice estate from the start.
Most hobbits didn't live in homes like his.

dude lets every wizard have matching broomsticks- no sports fags ,doesn't know lacrosse fags have different metals and weight in their sticks & heads that give them a slight advantage over another opponent

lmao at the cucked British logic
>well its the law guys so no one can break it, also the wizards have a ministry that makes these arbitrary laws of which there are apparently hundreds and everyone is fine with this suffocating bureaucracy ruling every aspect of their life. Just like good ol' England eh?

Standardized equipment would just mean it relies on skill more.
It's an opinion sort of thing.

maybe she wrote it that way to show people what england is like

I think maybe she meant magical intrinsic law rather than ministry law. Still retarded

I don’t think Harry was that much of a richfag. I might be misremembering but I think towards the end of the series he mentions that he has to watch his spending because he’s running low.

The real question is how are Muggle-borns expected to buy their own equipment

How the fuck can wizards be poor? You can make food, clothing, water, shelter, magic trinkets, fucking anything you want

student loans I assume

>ok ron that was pretty good this time I'll take the potion and you can fuck me
oh-ok
>and I'll still pay you, double in fact
w-wow thanks harry but why?
>you see ron I'm going to turn into your ginger minged sister ron, and you're going to fuck her.
harry c'mon don't make me d...
>Don't bother arguing ron, you know your family needs the money. lucky for us I got some of her pubes for the potion the last time I had my way with her. She knew what it that money would mean for for the family.

I would guess it's to make the world more quirky and easy way to explain plot holes.
Or so she can write lists of them separately and sell it to fans.

They don't create the food with magic, the food is magically transported from the kitchens to the great hall. Most conjured things are not created but are transported.

got a stiffy not gonna lie

Krum caught snitch and lost in kino quidditch final match they didn't show in the movies.
They even cut based Ludo Bagman.

>not giving the potion to Draco

Attached: draco.jpg (183x275, 7K)

How new are you?

Attached: stop.png (600x561, 575K)

About three and a half.

Pippin is Merry's best friend I think so they're more equals in that way. Sam is Frodo's gardener's kid, lowest of the low.

you think american wizards have wands that can fire 900 avada kedavra's a minute or something?
ban assault wands.

he's prolly german

Despite making up 25% of the population...

Attached: slytherin.jpg (1500x1500, 211K)

>implying the wealthiest boy of each house don't run a collective cheese pizza parlour for the less scrupulous teachers, praying on the poorest students in their respective houses.

>Why go live back with the cunt family when he could just buy a mansion and fuck hot wizard bitches all day?

this is how you can tell who never read the books. he couldn't leave Dursley because of spell protection binding him there and making him safe until the certain age (which he reaches in last book).

>he couldn't leave Dursley because of spell protection binding him there and making him safe until the certain age
How do you type this and not realize mid sentence how dumb and contrived it actually sounds?

the reason he goes back is to exact his cruel and unusual revenge on those who brought him so much pain.

it's magic faggot, there's nothing to realize there

How? It's established it can only go back 24 hours at most, and it has some of the most logical time travel in fiction. Things that transpired have already done so, it's a closed loop.

Such as?

such as the ones in the thread

any time travel that doesn't result in the traveller moving between infinite parallel realities and instead of saving the one he came from spending the rest of their natural life moving from utopia to utopia is flawed.

user you don't understand, I have to be intentionally obtuse or else that means I lose the image board argument

Such as?

why are you having trouble with this? why must I repeat and copy down what is already posted right here?

answers.com/Q/Who_gave_Harry_Potter_his_Nimbus_2000
So apparently the school gave him the shekels to buy the broom. Why the fuck didn't the other teams get their own top of the class brooms? Oh, and Malfoy's father buys an even better broom for the Slytherin team and the bitch Rowling implies in the book that it is somehow unfair, while Harry basically gets a school funded broom.
This is the thought process of a white liberal woman btw. Harry was born without privilege(orphan) so he deserves state funding(he got a free broom from the school), and if you privileged full blood tries to compete by buying better equipment with your money, you are a meanie.

The fucking item existed long ago Hermione got one. Harrys fathers live could have been saved easily by just going back in time and warning them

took two days to find the bodies,

Muggles can convert pounds into the wizard currency. So their parents pay.

I genuinely don't see what plot holes people are talking about that are not explained by the rules set out in the damn books, man. I've looked through the whole thread, all anybody has is "why didn't the eagles" arguments

nah your just delluded due to your love for the books

What about the cedric death?

NOT AGAIN

Attached: 1548988907126.jpg (720x761, 77K)

This. Voldemort's resurrection could have been prevented too which I would say constitutes a bigger emergency than "Sirius Black going back to jail."

no one liked him enough to bother

Reminder also that being obsessed with heritage and bloodlines is bad
But also Harry is direct descendant of that invisibility cloak brother and thus born to wield the hallows

Hermione was in 2 classes at the same item for a period of time and nobody realised lmao

TEN POINTS TO GRIFFINDOOR

she fucked every member of the ravenclaw quidich team at once and no one noticed.

rowling didn't know how to write meaningful character progression

on a more core level, it doesn't even make sense that money matters to wizards. Presumably the Wesleys graduated from hogwarts, so why didn't they just use magic to make their house nicer? Money is irrelevant. Just fucking cast some spells and make a glorious mansion.

Long distance transportation is instant and cheap. They had their homes cleaned by willing slave caste. What did they even need money for? Food? Just get some muggle food. Healthcare? They didn't really go into it but the remedies they used didn't seem particularly expensive, often just requiring a few ingredients and basic hand mixing.

The economy of Harry Potter makes no goddamn sense. Especially with how easy it should be for wizards to exploit the muggle economy for easy cash.

What happened to Hermione's time travel machine after the third film/book? Why didn't she go back in time and kill Hitler?

why In the Fuck are you Randomly capitalizing Words?

Thats literally not true, Hermione changes the future by attending classes she would have missed

They made it clear that causing time paradoxes resulted in very, very bad things happening to the wizard using the time magic. They were able to save the gryphen because technically none of them actually saw him get killed, so it wasn't a paradox. But they KNOW about hitlers life and death, so if they assassinated him it would cause a paradox and have horrible results.

I don't love them though, the last two were pretty bad, and the series as a whole was a massive missed opportunity. I just never got the whole plot hole argument on Yea Forums and other places, especially when nobody actually lists any legitimate ones that can't be explained away

>find out where the thing is 24 hrs earlier
>go back
>get it in the past
>goto 1
oops looks like you just gave your self the ability to go back as far as you like

this

Except she didn't miss them because she has a time turner

They gave it back to the government

There are plenty of time turners around, however only the Department of Mysteries can hand them out, and they don't do so lightly. And besides, people SAW them die, you can't do things that haven't been proven to have happened or else there'll be a time Paradox.

You can see this play out in the real world as well. Many of the most liberal people in the US are WASPs who will proudly flaunt that they are the direct descendants of the Mayflower.

>go back in time
>try to take time turner to go back in time again
>in the original timeline, the time turner had to still be around for you to use to go back in time initially
>this causes a time paradox
>wizard trying to break time has his head cave in and his stomach explode as the time-space around him warps and shatters

>time is d3
>go back to d2
>go back to d1
>do what you want
>return the tt where you got it on d1
>return it on d2
>return it on d3
wow that was hard

Yeah and she passed exams that she wouldnt have passed because she attended the classes.

I don't even accept the premise that the TT not being there is a paradox for the reasons outlined in this post

He offered to help the Weasleys with the money but they refused, but you're right that other than that, the money and all the ways it could have affected the plot was completely forgotten.

(Dead)

The real question in this thread that needs to be answered

Harry is plenty chad in the books
As if Ron had worse chances with anyone else

Because the movies are shit, she used the killing curse in the books.
Except that scene wasn't in the books
Because it only has one purpose, plenty of spells can be used for things besides killing that are also lethal

B-B-B-BASED

Attached: 347B98EC-4AAF-4BCF-9B9B-DE539BAEE41D.jpg (417x295, 52K)

Dehest dehs deh dehe dehy deh dehie dehs. Deh deh dehing deh deh dehard deh deh dehs deh Dehwarts Dehdemy deh dehey deh dehed dehs deh deh indehable deh deh dehs. Deh deh deh dehy dehery, deh dehs’ deh dehency deh deh dehs deh deh dehment deh indehive deh deh dehial dehs, deh deh deh dehic undehical, deh deh dehtion deh indeh.

Dehs deh deh deh deh deh Dehling dehed deh deh deh Dehlberg dehing deh dehs; deh deh deh deh dehs deh deher deh dehen deh deh deh deh deh deh deht dehthing deh dehbody, deh dehusly dehable deh-dehtion deh deh dehs. Deh Dehry Dehher dehs deh deh anti-Dehtian (deh deh), deh deh’s dehly deh anti-Dehes Dehnd dehs deh dehs deh deh deh, dehty deh dehment. Deh deh dehs deh deh deh deh. Deh, dehfully, deh deh deher deh deh.

>d-deh dehst deh dehs deh deh dehough d-deh
"Deh!"
Deh dehing deh dehful; deh deh deh dehble. Deh deh deh, Deh dehed deh dehry deh deh deher deh deh deh deh, deh dehor deh dehtead deh deh deher "dehed deh dehs."

Deh deh dehing deh deh deh deh deh deh dehry deh deh deh deh dehed. Deh dehed deh deh Deh deh dehed deh deh dehal deh dehs. Deh deh dehlous. Dehling's deh dehs deh dehed deh dehes deh deh dehs deh deh deh deh deh deh deh dehing. Deh Deh deh deh dehish, dehing deh deh Dehry Dehher deh deh deh Dehphen Dehng. Deh deh dehthing deh deh dehect deh, "Deh dehse dehs deh dehing Dehry Dehher deh dehdeh deh dehdeh, deh deh deh deh deher deh deh deh deh deh deh Dehphen Dehng." Deh deh deh deh dehght. Deh deh deh dehing dehic. Deh deh deh "Dehry Dehher" deh deh, deh deh, dehed deh deh Dehphen Dehng.

Enough to.get him through school
I distinctly remember in the third book Harry thinking about buying some expensive shit while he was staying at the leaky cauldron after running away from home. He didn't cause he recognized that while it was a lot of money he had to.make it last 5 more years school and to give himself some.wiggle room.after he graduated

now this I like

Kek
Too weird for me tho

haha but those books are boring lol

Could one of you kind shitposters please post the Dumbledore gas chamber pasta?

based
10/10 intro

>Good intro
>Clifford for President
Finally, after all this time, someone does it right. Thank you, user

Attached: 1556245657446.jpg (1200x1212, 293K)

>Rowling wrote quidditch to be nonsensical because she hates football and sports in general
The woman is the definition of a brainlet

Reminder that Malfoy was friendly to Harry at first, and Harry started all the antagonism between them all because Ron couldn't handle the bantz.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 38K)

What are you, a commie?

This.

in books, you have to say the curse and do the certain move
in movies you need to do whatever the current film requires to since they're inconsistent as fuck, but every fight looked like autistic kids having a NERF fight
if the good/bad guys had few gunmen with them, it would be one sided fight, and don't say "wiazrds don't know muggle stuff", because that's the most retarded thing ever