Why did whoever made this, think this was acting?

Why did whoever made this, think this was acting?

Attached: 1550349605988.jpg (814x483, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8buh5A70loA
youtube.com/watch?v=6ahY6KSvvi0
youtube.com/watch?v=6PUHj8z9PAs
youtube.com/watch?v=JtfDbQlqvXQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he was actually one of the better actors in that movie. leia, han, and obviously all the new main characters were terrible. gotta blame the director too

the character had potential. disney ruined him.

Yeah I dunno why people shit on this scene, when it was the only scene where the first order were given any character or fleshing out regarding their hysterical militarism.

Might mean "acting", like how Yea Forums has QUALITY.

Attached: Son_Derpku.jpg (580x487, 21K)

if they didn't make him a parody of himself I think Hux could have been a cool villain. maybe really fuck over kylo in a desperate moment and then kylo is stranded on a lost planet and becomes even stronger. then the resistance and what's left of the first order after kylo reks them has to make a tenuous alliance to take him down

someone in lucasfilm for tfa was a secret naziboo

Let’s indulge in the art of deduction for a second.
>star wars fan
Either a child or someone with the mentality of a child.
>childish mentality
Likely hasn’t seen much outside Star Wars, superhero movies and cartoons.
>no movie experience
Obviously believe that anything that doesn’t have a laugh track behind it is serious acting.

Because it's the Lazy Way to tell the audience the First Order is evil.

They were mocking Hitler. People do this all the time, they get others to agree that Hitler was bad so that they think they're virtuous.

Yeah but that doesn't have anything to do with acting

the plebiean audience won't know he's hitler unless he's standing in front of a military parade screaming shit

Sure it does.

>OMG he YELLED with RED BANNERS BEHIND HIM
>it's REAL ACTING
>IN A STAR WARS FILM!!!!!
>oh this makes me so HARD
>can't WAIT for my wife to get BLACKED NOW

scene fucking SUCKED

why? because the new filmmakers cannot into historical scenes where masses of soldiers stand around, and a speech is held (or not).
Look at Attack of the Clones:
youtube.com/watch?v=8buh5A70loA
Lucas shows massive amounts of clones with good symmetry, really displaying how thick the regiments are.

look at pic related: the TFA formations are so thin, so fucking shit. Its all asymmetrical, and lacks military beauty.
The fucking REBELS at the end of ANH had better eye for details than the wannabe nazis.
It's garbage and makes me feel the First Order is no serious contender, just a bunch of idiot /pol/ larpers that don't know the first thing about AESTHETICS

Attached: tfa speech.jpg (1327x926, 369K)

>scene fucking SUCKED
Don't forget the roman salute, because JJ knows nothing about subtlety.

This scene was a fucking mistake because now all FO merchandise is tainted with the idea of Neo-Naziism and now SJWs won’t let you play as either the Empire or FO becomes pretend = real life now.

I don't think Gleeson can hold a candle to fucking Ian Mcdiarmid and Christopher Lee.

The hilarious part is that this speech makes no sense to begin with. Why would Hux make a speech to his stormtroopers? they don't fucking care about the agenda, they're just troops, he doesn't have to convince them. This kind of parade are politicla moves to impress an audience. Here they are alone, it's just Hux and his troops. It's so dumb.

THE GOLDEN GOD

>Why did whoever made this, think this was acting?
JJ Abrams isn't known for his subtlety. That entire speech sequence on the Starkiller was so forced and nonsensical, but brain dead sheep ate it up anyway because "PEW PEW SCHWING SCHWING KABOOM!!!"

It's also pretty much a shittier version of this video game cutscene
youtube.com/watch?v=6ahY6KSvvi0

>hur dur Nazis bad
>white people bad
>cheeto man bad

Maybe I'm going crazy, but every single scene of the Sequels pisses me off. It all seems so bad, and the action and characters seem so forced and obnoxious in every single way. If I try to re-watch scenes, it feels like my brain is being poked by needles. I genuinely have absolutely no attachment to the previous movies or Star Wars in general other than KOTOR 2, so I feel nothing about the idea of Disney making the movies, but TFA and TLJ both piss me off unbelievably bad. And yet, I see people try to defend those movies. I feel like I'm from an entirely different planet.

Attached: 1504438603416.jpg (550x550, 54K)

Prequel Sheev was far better than any shit in the Disney fanfic movies.

Ewan's acting in the prequels shits on any of the performances in nu-wars

Attached: 1565908146106.jpg (1516x855, 318K)

There was a lot from the prequels to like.
Imagine that there are people out there who said they disliked this scene back in 2002
youtube.com/watch?v=6PUHj8z9PAs

>SJWs won’t let you play as either the Empire or FO becomes pretend = real life now.
.......so lemme get this straight.
>Disney creates FO
>wants you to buy FO toys
>labels FO as Nazis
>doesn't want you to endorse have fun as the bad guys
???????
If they want to sell merchandise, why are they telling you not to buy their merchandise? What sense does that make? Who declared this line of logic?

Attached: zed199.jpg (281x200, 7K)

Like posted, the 501st got fucked real hard by Disney/LF. They've portrayed the FO as "literal nazis" and now they''re forcing the charity to wear the ducktroopers costumes.

Fuck Disney. They don't deserve this franchise.

What the fuck is the "First Order" anyway?

still can't believe Mike and Jay praised that piece of shit

>What the fuck is the "First Order" anyway?
They're literally the Imperial Remnant from the old EU, but more retarded.

Seek help, user

>still can't believe Mike and Jay praised that piece of shit
I mean, they are on Abrams' and Pegg's good side, regardless of how they criticize the Jew's inept writing ability.
>inb4 RLM cucks start defending them

Attached: nepotism.png (800x450, 346K)

Exactly. To this day I still don't understand the geopolitical aspect of Disney Wars.

Attached: 1562009892631.png (800x450, 391K)

Why do reddit manchildren equate not being a literal Nazi with being a cuck?

Because they’re mentally ill. That guy literally made the jump from “this guy is yelling in Star Wars” to “I make my wife fuck black men”

The writers can't even fathom what makes a villain a villain beyond just "they're totally EVIL." They don't know how to write one beyond that simple stereotype, but they're more afraid of offending the wrong demographics and marketers, so they won't change that puddle deep formula or take risks. All they did was project their scapegoats onto the script, and surprise, nobody respects or finds it compelling.

Such is your skill as a writer, when your only concept of villains comes from Harry Potter movies, I guess. Cue random Your Momma jokes while losing all your resistance fighters to a bunch of toxic manchildren with (your) daddy issues

You know, people keep claiming Disney is all-powerful and unstoppable, but then I read things like that and I feel like cracks are beginning to form that the shills don't acknowledge.

> If I try to re-watch scenes, it feels like my brain is being poked by needles.
I feel the same. I needed three attempts to watch TLJ and wasn't able to go through in one sitting.

Truth hurts, eh, fat woman? Maybe if you lost some weight men wouldn't just eye you to wonder how badly you'd break their backs if they were desperate and drunk enough to harpoon your whaley ass.

Oh my God, your post reads like poetic irony, but it's earnest. lol

I never took Hux serious in TFA. He looked like he was shitting himself and overacting to the point of comedy. He had none of Tarkin’s cold, calculating presence and was almost as laughable as Kylo Ren as a villain.

This too. They’re indoctrinated, expect Finn apparently judging from his personality, from childhood. It’s beyond preaching to the choir. It’s preaching to a robot choir already programmed to believe what you’re about to say before you even said it.

White men must look stupid, no matter what. That's the new rule in movies and TV.

The only fucking good scene in that movie.

Cringe and soipilled

I mean the movie started with them slaughtering civvies on the suspicion of association with rebels.

So you had the doing element already.

This was the philosophical top-down push for those actions.

How did Oscar Isaac and gingy here go from Ex Machina to glorified capeshit?

It's really weird seeing KF screenies here

They'll be fine cause they actually have talent. All the other newbies with the exception of Driver are done

He hams it up on purpose. You can tell he thinks the whole evil Nazi schtick is retarded. Blame the director.

This. The prequels are long, boring and shit for most of the run but at least they have many moments that were enjoyable and have had the staying power to become memes. The nuwars trilogy will only have memes about the terrbleness of the films that will last. None of the characters or scenes are in any way enjoyable to watch, even ironically. Most of my viewing pleasure for s0iwars comes from morbid curiosity about just how bad a major hollywood production can be

You’re a cuck

Not. Even. Close.

Why don’t they give Rey a lightsaber pike?

Attached: EC282CC6-3C52-4F78-9C75-232C58A018B8.jpg (776x1024, 63K)

it was made by some cuck who's hopping on the prequel-hate bandwagon.
The prequels are very good and I've always liked them, especially Episode III, which I think is the best of the 6. There is some awkward acting but that is mainly due to Lucas writing very awkward lines that no human who isn't retarded or autistic would say.

>and yet the prequels were objectively better than the sequels
What did he mean by this?

His "RAUS! LEBENSRAUM!" Speach was fun to watch desu.

You may as well ask "Why would any military general make a speech to his troops?" It's a rally, for fuck's sake. It builds morale and cohesion.

Because it's true. Nazism and Fascism are the worship of strength, power, and unity. If you don't support these things then you're weak, puny, and stupid. Die.

>star wars
>simon pegg
pick 1

>not being a literal nazi
Nazi's disbaned in 1945 and there haven't been any since. Why do reddit manchildren always need to assert this false equivalence?

Not that guy but what about Neo nazis?

I was talking about whoever slapped the text on the image.

>It's garbage and makes me feel the First Order is no serious contender, just a bunch of idiot /pol/ larpers that don't know the first thing about AESTHETICS
On the one hand, that's what they actually are.
On the other hand, the movies cannot decide whether they want them be idiots in possession of weapons of mass destruction or actually capable of subduing a galaxy within weeks.

Cheeto man wasn't even campaigning when TFA came out.

Maybe it’s both. The rest of the galaxy is so incompetent that in the land of no brain cells, the one brain cell guy is king.

You afraid of Neo Romans as well?

Attached: 1536616920095.jpg (640x427, 101K)

I want to go bowling with them.

How did they take over the galaxy with that manpower?

>I feel like I'm from an entirely different planet.
You see, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from.

Attached: Star-Wars-Colin-Cantwell-T-16-Skyhopperr-Prototype-Model-C.jpg (1200x751, 186K)

Fuck star wars is shit (Formerly good)

No, why "First Order"? In what way first? What is their order?

never forget the 6 million dudes

So is communism. Dilate moar

Yeah and thats what’s bugging me. The visual storytelling is off by a mile. Either show them ass incompetents or an actual military threat.
What they did is just bad visual storytelling: blow up a planet, oh wait we were absolute morons. It is catastrophic for the drama.

Yo momma is so fat, obi wan said thats no moon

No, but they thought most SW fanboys were.

They are probably still scratching their heads why the First Order is not huge with fans.

Maybe because the Empire never really was, either.

They even made it more Hitlerious in the German dub. They added half a sentence when he talks about the Starkiller's construction.

>Diese furchterregende Maschine, welche ihr erbaut habt, auf der wir [festen Fußes] stehen
>This fierce machine which you have built, upon which we stand

The bit in bracket, literally "with steady foot", means "unshakeably" or "steadfast" and basically serves to make it sound closer to a Hitler speech because such antiquated terms like "acquiesce" and "loathesome" don't work the same way in German. The whole thing becomes unintentionally hilarious when the voice artist is known to audiences either as Turk from Scrubs or one of the nerds from TBBT. No idea which one, but my friend couldn't stop chuckling about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=JtfDbQlqvXQ

Attached: Donald Faison.png (500x375, 1.04M)

I'm not even German and it makes me laugh

See, everything points to that, with the New Republic officially completely demilitarizing itself so that a second Empire may never rise.
Thing is, if I'm watching idiots having a slapfight with each other, I'm not entertained when I assume I'd see heroes versus villains as in the OT.

He is good, but this specific one is over the top.
God actor, shit director.

The way he pronounces LÜÜÜGEN is gold, too.

will CGI ever look good?

It really fucking kills me when you compare it to the original movies. He acts like a fucking cartoon.

Attached: 1479628133926.gif (228x170, 1.86M)

it kind of sounds like Third Reich

God damn that sounds even worse in german

the world has lost its knowledge of subtlety

what about the neo gauls?

He's Turk from Scrubs, Yami Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh!, that one guy from BBT, and Trunks from DBZ. And many more besides, probably.

Attached: rise-of-totalitariandictators-10-638.jpg (638x479, 187K)

This

It’s poor writing

GOOLS?

Attached: images (1).jpg (222x227, 5K)

Yeah but the Third Reich is called Third Reich because it was said to be the third continuation of the Roman Empire. First one was the Holy Roman Empire, second one the German Empire. The Third Reich followed from there.

So looking at the First Order, there's been

>The Old Republic
>The Republic
>The Galactic Empire
>The New Republic
And the First Order. So the question remains: First of what, what order?

Of course he's many more besides, he's a voice actor. I still couldn't get chocolate bear out of my head everytime he opened his mouth.

If there was a movement of Italians who wanted to conquer, enslave and partially genocide France I'd probably be a bit scared.

he's awful, he's from fucking harry potter ffs, how can you call him a good actor

Are you retarded?

it looks ironic to me chap

He had a very minor part in HP, and he didn't start there. If you wanted to discount everyone cast in Harry Potter, you'd have to throw out a lot of legitimately good actors.

harry potter is gay, but this post made me cringe.

Attached: 1565475551372.jpg (960x960, 43K)

Attached: 1516408697588.gif (380x285, 1.97M)

>Why would Hux make a speech to his stormtroopers? they don't fucking care about the agenda, they're just troops
You've never been conscripted, so don't spout such nonsense. They like to inspire morale and show unity.

When was last time someone played this exact hitler scene and didn't go complete ham?

Same. Everything is wrong at the most fundamental level. The prequels are like a pleasant sauna in comparison.

Since when are RLM friends with Simon Pegg and on good terms with JJ Abrams? Sounds like bullshit

Because it's on the nose and induces eye-rolls

Also, he's addressing a bunch of mindless robots essentially. It's a stupid scene, like most in the sequels. paper thin.

Think about it though. The Stormtroopers have only ever been mindless cannon fodder. This Nuremberg Rally scene is totally out of place. The Original Trilogy did all this stuff so much better.

>First of what, what order?
20% off your First Order

Attached: Untitled.jpg (640x480, 25K)

A reason for a "resistance" to exist while the "Peaceful Republic" already exists.

Abrams is the epitome of Jewish nepotism. Look at his filmography. Total hack. He did Star Trek, but should have been Shamayalan'd a long time ago. Worse actually, as Shama's had a few really good ones, and a masterpiece even, while JJ's just got a single decent action adaptation of an old franchise.

Because most of the world is totally cucked on who that Nazis actually were, and think Hitler's the bad ebil man when other actors, including the allies, did far worse than he ever did.

Everyone is cucked on "the man who did the angry speech"

The "kick's a dog" maneuver. Show the audience that they kicked a dog. Now you know who's evil.

>I only watch Harry Potter movies: The post

I fell asleep like 10 minutes in at the theater. Woke up to laughter at the Luke sucking Nessie's lazy tiddies scene. Walked out with my brother and friends shitttalking the whole thing. Tried to inoculate them to the disappointment by explaining how terrible TFA was, and that they were tricked into thinking they liked it.

>when other actors, including the allies, did far worse than he ever did
The allies gave the germans sex when they were dissatisfied with their own men. What blessing did the germans give the rest of the world?

Attached: soviet_soldiers_berlin_rape.jpg (1212x1600, 227K)

One of the worst scenes in the movie.

So retarded making some passionate speech to a sparse spattering of mindless drones.

In the prequels, when this happened, the landscape was at least impressively populated - a spectacle. In the OT, everyone was cold, robotic, deadly.

In TLJ it's just retarded, over the top, on the nose, and nonsensical. Who is Hux proselytizing to?

Also, you could like the Empire and its merchandise before because of a relatively thin layer of subtlety. No semblance of subtlety anywhere now with the FO. Hux is also a complete joke. Terrible casting, terrible writing, terrible acting, terrible plot position. They try to explain it a little in TLJ, but really just makes less sense upon doing so. Snoke keeps a "useful idiot" around, but he literally accomplishes nothing. There's no clever writing or plot gimmick that comes of that. Hux literally just fails to take out a fizzling, already dead "resistance/rebellion" when he had several opportunities.

These movies have absolutely nothing clever about them, and none of the character or charm from previous installments. None of the creativity or conducive plot of the prequels, none of the character of the OT.

Also, there's a reason they don't really ever show Hitler's "angry" speech with subtitles. Almost everything about that era is a lie.

redditfags cant help themselves. that place is reddit 2.0

Communism is the tool that employs useless NEETs to genocide white christians

The empire was never really that huge. Just Vader.

They give us Hux and Kylo.

okay

He's terribly miscast. He needed to be twenty years older.

Attached: Nazi Banana.jpg (313x302, 48K)

It's clearly preferable to western cuck capitalism

Attached: 1534977246600.jpg (420x571, 80K)

Depends on what you consider "CGI," but there's a lot of digital compositing work that looks good, and often just unnoticeable.

The CGI in that second Pirates movie blew me away when I realized how little of it was makeup on Bootstrap Bill.

Weta Workshop did pretty good work in 2049.

Still, it's Stormtroopers. They've been practically the robots of the series. It just doesn't fit. If they wanted to do some riling address to the troops, they could have done a cut to cut montage of troops preparing for war, with Hux broadcasting the message to them.

Then, we'd actually have something to look at other than a near literal Nuremberg Rally lacking any subtlety.

I wonder what point this brainlet is trying to make

he is a cartoon

I'M EVIL!!!!!!

Because it comes across like a teenagers cartoon-view of what a "baddie boss" should be like

Then they go home to their gated home that is isolated from poor and colored people and continue thinking they are good people.

But he's not a boss, he's basically an insecure and ambitious senior party hack. I thought it depicted that well.
I think the problem here is that Yea Forums thinks he was supposed to look extremely formidable and convincing instead of the unhinged and self-important uniform that he is.
I hated most of the movie but I remember liking his hysterical speech.

I wish they'd left the six-pack universe alone and just did KoTOR.

him and kylo could of had a good power struggle like a tarkin and vader kinda deal instead they made him into a jar jar...and ill never understand one why