REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-trailer-new.jpg (948x435, 302K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xKUcR8FN_9k
youtu.be/oVp3rV5ZrTI
youtube.com/watch?v=IpCQEmmAyTY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: King of the Monsters.webm (1728x720, 2.98M)

What was Kong doing during all of this?

>King Gidhorah is a dragon (satan)
>GODzilla kills him
bravo nolan...

>that one scene where godzilla penetrates rodans ass with his 34 meter long cock while mothra rubs it
How did they get away with it?

Jacking off on Skull Island.

Stroking his big monkey dick

Attached: Godzilla King of the Monsters 2019 00_42_42.jpg (3840x1600, 1.43M)

Based cumbrains

Wasn't it Rodan up there?
I kinda remember it was Rodan.
Also that scene was kino.

KINO

youtu.be/xKUcR8FN_9k

Attached: Godzilla King of the Monsters 2019 01_00_10.jpg (3840x1600, 1.4M)

This was after Ghidorah shrekt Rodan, although admittedly they didn't show much of their battle other than their initial midair collision.

Attached: Godzilla King of the Monsters 2019 01_46_00.jpg (3840x1600, 1.88M)

Is Snyder still making subtitles references in his movies?

>Have sex, Ghidorah.

Attached: 1564363712197.jpg (580x630, 58K)

Oh yeah, that's right. When he regenerated his head.

>IS IT MY TURN, YET?

Attached: Gamera.jpg (723x622, 227K)

based

In the novelization he hears Ghidorah's call during that scene, but decides that he doesn't give a fuck about any of that and just stays on monkey island

Chad AnarchoMonkey

So much wasted potential.

>BIDIBIDIBIDIBIDIBIDIBIDI

Attached: 962DC582-EC31-4390-8E2B-E79F1D5DA863.jpg (1200x790, 203K)

He already has the greatest Kaiju films of all time under his belt. What more could he possibly want?

Attached: Trauma.jpg (340x395, 32K)

Boomer Kong would rather sit at home mowing the forest.

wow bravo snyder

Attached: Rodan vs King Ghidorah.webm (1728x720, 2.94M)

Anno is a fucking goober

Attached: Godzilla drop.webm (1728x720, 2.77M)

Attached: King Ghidorah head.webm (1920x800, 1.18M)

I see why they tried so hard to hide the CGI now

what?

I couldn't watch the film cause monster kino kept being interrupted by human horseshit. Even Godzilla becoming king was interrupted by 10 seconds of that ugly child's face and a shot of the sois and diversity hires in the plane

Like how the monsters are actually expressive. Rodan's expression is clearly a small 'oh fuck' moment before the realisation dawns on him that he better bow the fuck down immediately.

>Greatest
>Implying they’re better than Gojira, GMK or Shin Godzilla
They’re good user, maybe the best kaiju series as an overall arching story, but as single movies, I wouldn’t say they’re the greatest of all time.

>monkey dick
>Big
Mate gorillas have tiny as fuck micropenises

pleb filtered

Religious symbolism is only bad when Snyder does it according to Yea Forums and reddit.

Shin Godzilla sucked, though

Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant monsters all out attack is not a standout movie. Shin isn't really that good either.

He's not wrong ffs. The monster kino was CONSTANTLY interrupted by human horseshit. Chanlder quipping, the soi faggots, butch, obnoxious black soldiers, etc.

if the movie fights were cut like this, i wouldve said this movie was 10/10 kaijukino
but instead we got nonstop cuts to the humans that lasted at least a minute inbetween fights

Technically it's European, African and South American humans who are unusually well endowed for Great Apes.

You wish the whole movie was like this. Instead 75% of it are people stuck in a conference room only lit in blue light.

Just like the old kaiju movies then

This film was monster kino, why did normies hate it?

lol

Attached: Rodan takes flight.webm (1728x720, 2.97M)

No, not really. The older movies had the fight last at least 2 minutes before a 15 second cutaway
KOTM has like 5 seconds of monster action and then it cuts to the humans for 5 minutes

>it was done in the old ones so its gud

Attached: 154684567989484398.jpg (443x445, 48K)

Attached: Rodan chase.webm (1728x720, 2.17M)

>Godzilla (1998)
Budget $130–150 million
Box office $379 million

>Pacific Rim (2013)
Budget $200 million
Box office $411.5 million

>Godzilla (2014)
Budget $160 million
Box office $529.1 million

>Kong: Skull Island (2017)
Budget $185 million
Box office $566.7 million

>Pacific Rim: Uprising (2018)
Budget $150 million
Box office $290.5 million

>Rampage (2018 film)
Budget $120–140 million
Box office $428 million

>Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)
Budget $170–200 million
Box office $385.8 million

Normies never liked kaiju.

Attached: chen face when.jpg (536x536, 120K)

As I said, pleb filtered

Attached: Rodan chase2.webm (1728x720, 2.85M)

But it wasn't done in the older ones you retard

How could Godzilla 2014 perform better than KotM? Gareth Edwards can do monster shots well but 80% of the movie was random soldier guy running around.

Got webms of SHE PROTEC?

Attached: Godzilla.King.of.the.Monsters.2019.WEB-DL.1080p.mkv_snapshot_01.52.35_[2019.08.16_21.40.08].jpg (1920x800, 688K)

You wanted Rodan VS Mothra? Better luck with GvK!

Attached: ONE WILL FALL.jpg (1913x1040, 310K)

Attached: Rodan chase3.webm (1728x720, 2.78M)

im saying it as a general argument,

is kong worth a watch before this ?

Yeah, but normies fucking love soldier guys

Playing with pots and pans

Attached: BEADB4EE-8F52-45FB-B2D1-DD42535D83D5.jpg (116x116, 4K)

Not webm but still.

Attached: ourguy.png (642x723, 484K)

No Bryan Cranston

Attached: Mothra dies.webm (1728x720, 2.26M)

>How could Godzilla 2014 perform better than KotM?
It had Heinsenberg. A good deal of KotM failure comes from 2014 not delivering as it should and killing off interest for sequels. Also it was 5 years ago.

Maybe before they drop the Godzilla v Kang

You don't have to but I'd say yes. It's a fun monster flick in it's own right

Attached: Mothra vs Rodan.webm (1728x720, 1.54M)

It's the best movie in the monsterverse so far.

Attached: Mothra vs Rodan2.webm (1728x720, 2.24M)

something looks wrong here, I remember her exploding in a fireball

will give it a watch then

Oh he loves this. It's got his full blessing.

Attached: 1utikdxi0m331.jpg (2048x1342, 328K)

I somehow missed first Nuclear Fart looking like Mothra's wings in the theater

Attached: Godzilla.King.of.the.Monsters.2019.WEB-DL.1080p.mkv_snapshot_01.57.32_[2019.08.16_22.00.49].jpg (1920x800, 763K)

It cuts to the people when Mothra fully explodes.

Attached: Ghidorah snack.webm (1728x720, 2.26M)

2014 had a lot more hype built around it. It was the first major Western Godzilla movie in decades.
youtu.be/oVp3rV5ZrTI

This

Me too. What did they mean by this?

I like the first atomic breath scene when the tail starts to glow and Ghidorah stares at it like "wut"

That teaser is better than the fucking movie. Why couldn't we get an apocalyptic godzillakino?

I'm waiting for a monsters edit. Only humans appear when there's direct monster interaction like Rodan wrecking airforce fags.

Have they found their composer yet? I hope it's McCreary again.

How will the manlet King Kong even compete?

Attached: atomic breath vs gravity bolts.webm (1728x720, 2.85M)

Was there a mocap artist for Rodan? I know for Gidorah there were three.
Also someone has to make a Three Stooges/Ghidorah crossover.

Attached: Godzilla.King.of.the.Monsters.2019.WEB-DL.1080p.mkv_snapshot_02.02.45_[2019.08.16_21.51.32].jpg (1920x800, 1M)

Fucking love Rodan's smirk before doing the roll

Unless you're Mad Max, can't make sequels when the world ends in the first movie

>tfw you will never be the mocap guy for Gidorah's autistic head.

This movie is so fucking ugly and the CGI is fucking terrible. PS3-tier garbage.

this movie could've been so great without the cringe human characters. just leave them out and have the monster just battle each other. i just want that cgi monster goodness i don't give a fuck about cringe drama
with the garbage written characters the movie was 4/10
if you cut the scenes where some person is out it's a solid 7/10 action movie

>Mad Max Godzilla
That woud've been fucking awesome, imagine a movie with bikers riding kaijus. Would have been the kinoest shit ever

why lie

The proof is in all the webm's posted ITT.

Crazy and wacky my fellow sir

Are Godzilla and Ghidorah evenly matched?

Why does Rodan remind me so much of those Skeksis's from The Dark Crystal

Piss off, it would've been awesome and you fucking know it.

Godzilla never beat Ghidorah without help
Maybe in GMK since Ghidorah's the one getting power ups but the fight starts with the humans fucking up and shooting Ghidorah's neck so there's that

That fuck who got blown out the fuck out by Jonah Hill in Wolf of Wall Street... cannot stand his face. And that old glasses bearded fuck that looks quit at home with soi boys. The ugly woman from The Shape of Water... Chandler wisecracking. His ugly wife and uglier Stranger Things screeching child... the black dykes and shit... insufferable. Skull Island at least had enjoyable actors like Samuel L Jackson, John C. Reilly, Kebbel, Hiddleston, Goodman, etc. for their characters.

Generally King Ghidorah is portrayed as stronger.

Attached: King Ghidorah fight.webm (1182x480, 2.85M)

Not really, Ghidorah by himself outclasses most monsters which is why they often have multiple monsters fight him. The only monsters that I can think of that can actually 1v1 him evenly are GMK godzilla and Mothras brother.

Please don't revive Tremors again, they had enough

>showafags think this is good

Pleb

In Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah. And in KotM if it wasn't for humans interrupting the fight but he canonically put Ghidorah in ice in their previous fight.

Well all things considered I think kaiju and Max-esque post-apocalypse could work together pretty well, with all the background radiation and shit creating mutants and other lesser monsters that haunt the wastes, fucked up bandit gangs who model themselves on the monsters (the Ghidorah Gang who use electricity and zap themselves into psychosis vs the Rodan Raiders who use gliders and gyros etc). It could work pretty well I think.

Attached: 20190721230801_1.jpg (1680x1050, 307K)

I never understood the "capeshit but with a different paint job" criticism here until this trashy flick
god fucking hell shin godzilla 2 can't come out soon enough

Attached: ebic.webm (1248x520, 153K)

>In Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah.
Didn't the guys destroy a machine in the UFO that messed up with Ghidorah?

Fu

>That woud've been fucking awesome

They did, it's the anime trilogy. It fucking sucks.

Though it only sucks because the people in charge are incompetent morons.

>t. fun hating asshole

Attached: kino.webm (640x360, 2.64M)

Mecha Zilla when

That's not a Kaiju movie though. That's just Mad Max/Fallout. You don't even need to show any actual monsters for your idea.

Yeah, Godzilla was getting stepped on before they blew it up

Mostly.

Even then, he also beat Mecha-Ghidorah without any help.

The Mothra/Godzilla art is the best thing to come out of this movie.

Attached: 1564677726597.jpg (664x500, 273K)

I'm pretty sure they canned Shin 2.

Middle head was a better pilot than Emmy

When the trailer came out and there's that show of Godzilla plummeting to earth there was speculation this was Ghidorah arriving on the planet. Wish that turned out to be true desu. Be cool if they hammered home how he wasn't a part of Earth's natural order and was here to upset it.

The monsters destroyed the world in the first place, they are still fighting periodically across the wastes, you can string the usual bullshit together to justify the human doing something or another while the monsters do the usual shit

How can King Kong compete? he's an apelet

It got a laugh out of me. At least it made me feel something, unlike the blur of dark, gritty cgi in the other webms in this thread.

There is no Shin 2 you dumbass, Anno is doing another EVA and then Shin Ultraman

So that extra Ghidorah head is gonna be made to make Destroyah, right?
>Godzilla and Kong fight for a bit to fight a bit before teaming up to fight a big, bad villain that was created from the corpse of the previous film's villain
They're totally pulling a Batman v. Superman.

I doubt Anno was considering it and Toho wasn't trying to force anything either.

After the whole legendary is done, they'll definitely try to show what new stuff they can do with the license though.

I'm just saving whatever looks fine just so happens that most of it is Mothzilla. Thankfully the new tumblr abomination that is GhidorahXRodan is not mainstream yet.

Attached: 0a8frp8aysd31.jpg (640x763, 95K)

He was a child in Skull Island, will have grown, will be more agile and use tools as he's a primate, etc.

Because Godzilla is a great example of mainstream obscurity. Everyone knows the name, has seen jokes and parodies in other media, but that doesn't mean they actually like the franchise.

Attached: super kong.png (370x370, 194K)

Attached: godzilla.king.of.the.monsters.1.webm (1920x800, 2.97M)

>Thankfully the new tumblr abomination that is GhidorahXRodan is not mainstream yet.
Post some

Not even one quipper but 2 if You count that older guy.

That was one of the best scenes in the movie.

The last film disappointed too with how little Godzilla was in it, no? That'll harm the sequel's prospects.

Throwing barrels at Mario.

posting best monster lads.

Attached: 1559659786166.png (344x135, 7K)

What were they thinking

Attached: lol.png (641x572, 360K)

I didn't save anything because it's unholy. They have a demonic two-headed spawn for example.

Attached: 1560367481822.jpg (1331x882, 131K)

Imagine if this movie wasn't stuck between snow and rain and had good weather.

But the most interesting part of your idea, the mutated humans trying to grapple with the apocalypse, doesn't really involve monsters. In your scenario, monsters aren't the stars of the show, they're just background forces that inspire actual characters.
Even the usual thesis of "mankind is powerless to stop these big monsters from fighting" doesn't work because that's already been proven by the fact that the world has already ended. What would your monsters even be trying to do? Just fight into eternity?

PRÖÖÖHHH!! :DDD

Attached: 89DEC05F-2D4C-4196-92E3-653D56FF0837.jpg (1280x536, 141K)

It really looks kinda off. Gareth's design is just not very good for anything but roaring and walking around.

True. You also can't really win normies back with "well, we have King Ghidorah, Rodan and Mothra this time" because they don't know or care.

>AAH MOTHRA HELP ME!

>WAOW LOOKS LIKE OUR BOY IS ALL JUICED UP XD
fucking quip scientist ruined this movie for me

absolute perfection

Attached: 1559704471411.jpg (680x408, 64K)

They wanted something with more realistic mass but all designs introduced in KotM just ignore that so Godzilla looks fatter compared to other monsters.

Why? It looks kino

They're trying to make a big universe like Marvel but going back to 2008-2012 Marvel was not raking in massive numbers and those early years were crucial with building up some good will with the audiences (tho it was only the big hit of the Avengers when it really took off). Who knows, maybe Godzilla v. Kong will be it? I recall Skull Island being well received. I don't why the fuck they don't wheel in Hiddleston again. He's something of a draw, right? Do some bullshit like how Monach has a super soldier program so that why Hiddleston's character is young and that opens the gateway for human characters that basically are superheroes that aren't stumbling around clumsly and scared af during monster battles but freerunning and performing physical feats to the action and momentum doesn't stop even when it shifts to human POV. I hate to sound so arrogant but these are spitballing ideas I feel are actually decent and would benefit this Monsterverse.

I think King Kong being more well known and in the title of the movie will definitely draw more people in. It also spells out the premise, and I wouldn't be surprised if some normies passed KOTM up when they wouldn't have if they had known monster battles were a big thing in it.

The worst thing the MCU did was inspire other writers to put constant quips into movies without understanding why the Marvel ones usually work. It leads to non-stop cringe with obnoxious "humor" peppering every fucking movie now.

Monster only edit when?

>They wanted something with more realistic mass

Making godzilla "realistic" is the first misstep you can hope to do. Godzilla needs to perform godzilla stuff, not pretend it's a realistic creature. Gareth you fucking moron.

Gareth's own actual words was that Toho's Godzilla was a crudely made reproduction of a real creature somebody had seen back in 1954, but HIS was the 'real' creature finally brought to the screen.

Skull Island's human characters were compensated by the fact they have enjoyable actors like Jackson, Goodman, Hiddleston, Kebbel, Reilly, etc. KotM had that fucking soi faggot, ugly charisma devoid fuckers here there and everywhere, and that fish bowl faggot that Jonah Hill BTFO in Wolf of Wall Street.

So which is superior monster kino ?
Godzilla KotM or Pacific Rim ?

Kong Skull Island.

He's a sheepshagger by ancestry, so of course he wants his animals realistic. Only way he can get stiff. If he directed KotM we'd be having a sheep kaiju.

This was the absolute worst part of the movie.

>Hurr King of de monstas
Yeah okay, they don't LITERALLY have to BOW DOWN. They're fucking GIANT BEASTS. They have no concept of "kings" or bowing or any of that. It's so fucking jarring. Have them do a submission display or something that actual animals do. How much do the think they have to explain every little thing to the audience? I'm surprised they didn't airlift a fucking crown onto Godzilla jUST IN CASE YOU MISSED THAT

HEY

HE'S

HE'S KING OF THE MONSTERS GUYS DO YOU GET IT

Godzilla 2014 teaser

Look user : that movie was shit.
I'd love to agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
So far the Montserverse has been a flopfest with the Mommy and Dracula being shit as well.

ur a fagt

No kaiju expert but aren't they meant to be far above oridinary beasts in the animal kingdom? As in highly, highly intelligent like us and forces of nature. Besides, they were pretty damn expressive in the film in a way animals aren't. Godzilla's looks of hated when there's Ghidorah, Rodan's face before he bows. They sure as shit don't come across as mindless animals acting on pure instinct with peanut brains.

I think his words were along the lines of "I wanted my godzilla to be a realistic creature, like what someone would try to replicate from memory when making the original movie". A misguided direction of course, his godzilla doesn't work at all with dougherty's modernized monsters.

Pacific Rim is pretty damn worthless aside from the fantastic hong kong fight.

This.

Attached: godzilla.king.of.the.monsters.2.webm (1680x700, 2.98M)

>all the destruction is from the muto
>better not tell them teehee!

Am I the only one bothered by the movie looking blue almost all the time, making everything blend together with no sense of variation or focus?

>No kaiju expert
Ok. I am. I've watched a lot of tokusatsu.

>aren't they meant to be far above oridinary beasts in the animal kingdom?
Yeah, so? They still don't have the concept of a king, or royalty, or anything like that. It'd be like giving Godzilla a giant phone.

>Besides, they were pretty damn expressive in the film in a way animals aren't.
Animals are extremely expressive. Making a CGI lizard go "welp" just before getting hit by the latest nuclear beam doesn't cut it for me in terms of "muh expressiveness". Did any of them cry because they were moved? Did any of them seem to feel fear when faced with Ghidora? No. All that happened was more limbs and heads came off in this one.

>Godzilla's looks of hated when there's Ghidorah
Godzilla looks like a giant pig.

>They sure as shit don't come across as mindless animals acting on pure instinct with peanut brains.
Neither does Shin Godzilla and that one is by far the absolute apex of the franchise without even having facial muscles. Because that one knows exactly what it needs to convey: pure, relentless, destruction.

based Kong and Rampage making all that money
giant apes are the superior kaiju
KotM had bad word of mouth and critics really didn't like it
I didn't like it much either 2bh

The trailer came out years before the movie. It was made before it was even decided on what monsters would be in the movie.

God what an ugly film. Brown over brown.

If nothing else, KOTM had the best score of any movie I've seen in recent history.

Did you also miss that the first nuke blast literally gives off Mothra's "roar"?

How was Rampage? I rarely have an opportunity to see these films because my normie faggot friends use Rotton Tomatoes as a bible.

I just wish some fags behind me didn't sit and sing along at the top of their lungs with the credits song at the end of my showing.

just like ur face and small smelly willy lol ur pee pee only gets hard when u poo poo lol pee pee stiff only when poopey time hahahaha cringe lol

Litty and raunchy

Attached: Rampage 2018 WEB-DL 1080p-LQ Line.mkv_snapshot_00.38.58_[2018.06.24_10.37.49].jpg (1920x800, 537K)

The monsters were color-coded. Rodan was red so his introductory scene is that rusty color.

A dumb, fun movie
So pretty much what said minus the raunchy

How she survived the collateral damage is beyond me. Had fun with the movie tho. Not a good plot but it was fun seeing big monsters fighting.
Maybe their intention was to make him look like those apologetic never-do-right minions. My wife and I agreed he looked like the blue Hades minion from Hercules.

Sure I get that but if you already have a lava/fire based monster that glows red and gives off fire and sparks then make it so the introductory scene takes place at night maybe with a full moon or something. Instead everything is just this ugly orangy brown. Maybe even during a rain storm so lots of steam comes off it. That would make for a nice visual I think. But they had bigger problems with the monsters anyway.

He is a giant mutant gorilla. Having a massive wang would be the least weird thing about him.

By far a better monster movie than KotM. It's no doubt very light entertainment. A popcorn flick through and through, but it IS entertaining. The monster action is much better than in KotM. Better physics so the monsters feel really heavy and massive.

Honestly, I think the nighttime introduction worked better with Mothra's benevolent and dreamlike intro. The chaos of the smoke and ash made it seem like everything was burning and it worked in the theater.
>But they had bigger problems with the monsters anyway.
Like what? I thought the cgi was spotty at times and that the feel of the monsters was done better in 2014, but the monsters were probably the best part.

He's too Chad to give a fuck, which will lay the groundwork for the movie next year.
>King if Monsters v Big Monkey That Don't Give A Fuck

>They don't have a concept of a king or royalty
Except they do. They display it in the scenes you're criticizing by bowing. The fact that they have a vocalized language despite being different species denotes understanding and communication comparable to humans.

>Expressiveness
I'm unsure of what your point in this was. Animals are expressive. The Titans in this were expressive in ways animals tend not to be except primates.

>Looks like a giant pig
Regardless of how you feel about designs, he was using Godzilla's expression as an example of emotive depth that the Titans display. You can like or dislike it all you want, but that's what is in the movie regardless of how you feel.

>Shin Godzilla
You mean the thing who's entire personality is an emotionless animal that walks forward without interaction with its environment at all, until it's attacked? It's not relentless destruction, it's a mindless flesh robot that destroys only what it steps on or what shoots at it first, the equivalent of Bart spinning his arms and walking forward without any of the personality. Even the original Gojira had him actively seeking to destroy the city. I like Shin, it's one of my favorites as well, but don't treat it like it's comparable in tone or setting beyond sharing a title character, both of which are different enough to be considered totally different characters. You may as well compare Shin to Godzilla vs Megalon for all the similarities they share.

American public doesn't like monster movies anymore.
>This isn't avengers, game of thrones, or stranger things! It sucks reeeeee

My biggest problem was that the monsters simply moved too fast. I know some people complained about the slow and lumbering movement in the 2014 Godzilla but I thought that decision was brilliant because it gave them so much mass and weight.
Here the monsters are borderline agile. Godzilla running? Totally off the mark for me. And all the flying monstes flapped their wings just too fast.
Maybe it's nitpicky but for me that made the monsters feel like nothing more than light weight computer animations. Even Rampage did a better job with that imo.

Such a boring fucking movie. Even Skull Island was better than this, and that's not saying much. Then they obfuscate every scene with a monster to save a few dollars on CGI.

Rodan being fast is fine by me, that's his whole thing. I don't think Godzilla moved too fast personally, the only time I thought "fuck he fast" was , and it was fucking awesome so I'm not too fussed.
Re: The Storms covering everything up, I didn't mind the idea of it. Ghidorah being so aberrant that he creates huge hurricanes and lightning storms everywhere he goes was an awesome idea. There's also the "hide the CG so it doesn't get dated as fast" aspect, which I'm sure factored into it. Could definitely have been done better, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me.

>you're not brave
>men are brave

I agree with Godzilla. I liked how slow and deliberate he felt earlier. He felt more powerful ND imposing.
Rodan is weird because I don't want him to be slow, but the way he's able to move his body is so unlike real flying animals that it just looks weird when he flies. I don't think speed is the problem with that though, just poor wing anatomy.

Dumb fun. Like really dumb but also really fun.

Watched it 6 times just for the cool Rodan scenes

This movie was really terrible, like the last one. Can they stop it with the scenes that have humans conveniently right next to the monsters? Make a monster movie or a human movie, it has to be one or the other.

>At last, I have trurly become... The King of Monsters™

according to the lore, the mutos killed godzilla's species, so why didnt he btfo it on sight?

He's not racist like you are, incel.

Godzilla's got some sick moves.

Just have them develop a bunch of mecha or something and have Hiddleston play as his own son who pilots Jet Jaguar.

Attached: Gigan and Godzilla box.webm (720x480, 1.46M)

Well, it's not like he was supposed to know what a different director would choose to do a few years later. KotM didn't even feel like a sequel to 2014 to me anyway, everything was completely different.

Attached: 1386707162303.gif (850x353, 2.93M)

We Kaiju Avengers.

> King Kong
> Godzilla
> Gamera
> Rodan
> Mothra
> Jet Jaguar... Evangelion style

Keanu Reeves or some teen actor as the pilot of Jet Jaguar. He can speak to Kaiju. They have to stop the Alien invasion.

Gamera is the lawful good one.
Jet Jaguar's pilot researched King Kong.
Godzilla is the "Dark Knight" badass of the group. The dick.
Morthra is besties with Gamera.
Rodan is butthurt at Godzilla

Jet Jaguar assembles the Kaiju. Jet Jaguar is made of KingKong, Gamera, and Godzilla cells in nanotech metal armor.

King Kong is martial arts expert and uses weapons.

Attached: jetjaguar.jpg (1239x1754, 173K)

Is the movie out there in the internet with decent audio yet? last time I downloaded a rip it was an HC one (the biggest in size) with barely-above-cam-tier audio. I see new rips but no idea if they are actually good or not

>Kong skull island highest grossing
dare I say based?

Apparently Ghidorah does the classic roar and flying sound though I haven't been able to find it yet.

Hell yeah.

He killed the Prime MUTO in the Aftershocks graphic novel, so now all surviving underlings of that species are subservient to any other alpha that appears, theirs now being Godzilla.

The monsterverse feels like the alien franchise where it's more like different directors having their go at the creatures than planned continuity.

You can hear the bidibidibidibidibidi disguised as signal interference in the part where he descends to the stadium

Having Godzilla be "realistic" and expressive is never going to work right. I think Dougherty fixed a lot of elements from Gareth's design, but the two biggest problems that remain are Godzilla's head being too small, and he leans forward like a Jurassic Park dinosaur rather than walking upright like a human as he always has in past films. Part of why Godzilla is endearing and expressive is because he was always portrayed by a human actor.

Comic shit isn't canon unless stated or referenced in the films.

Rodan was a bitch ass nigga.

>Having Godzilla be "realistic" and expressive
It would be more realistic to have him be less expressive. I liked how in KotM would could read his emotions. The way he looks at Ghidorah is hatred and rage.

So /our kaiju/, in other words.

Godzilla 2014 in second place! Beating Kotm! Probably did more than skull island after inflation!

Pacific Rim.

Unlike Gareth, Dougherty understands godzilla. And now we'll never get a true and respectful legendary godzilla because gareth's stiff take on it is holding him back.

Come up with a plot or scenario that introduces Biollante into the Monsterverse.

Attached: biollante.jpg (4028x2122, 832K)

I fucking hate chimps

What if I became a fan of Godzilla after watching 2014 version?

Not a big kaiju guy. What did Dougherty get that Gareth did not? Best thing about Dougherty's take and worst thing about Gareth's?

Where's a crying soijack pepe when you need one?

Pretty much means that you're no true fan.

You need to watch the older movies to get a good grasp at the spirit of godzilla.

What did you think about the aesthetic Gareth brought to Godzilla in 2014?

Hopefully the audio is mixed better in the blu-ray release, since the dialog and every sound effect EXCEPT the monsters' roars drowned out the BGM when I saw it in IMAX. It was like the opposite of how a Godzilla movie should be.

why did he start burning up from falling

Alright, but I would like the insight of a longtime fan. I haven't read any detailed Gareth vs. Dougherty stuff even from people that have claimed to have watched the older movies.

I watched the old ones as a kid. Not much after until 2014. I hated Kotm. It wasn’t slow or engaging.

>blaming the 2014 movie for 2019's faults and lack of popularity
These guys.

Attached: 1415847844572.jpg (800x900, 54K)

2014 made more money.

Because people in the movie biz think that's what happens. Don't ask them what part of Godzilla is burning up though.

It only works in gareth's own vision, it cannot expends beyond anything else.

"Muh jaws" if your prefer. It's a godzilla that you don't show, which is the the opposite of toho's philosophy and how it shaped the character.

The problem with KotM godzilla is that he's a compromise between gareth's vision and dougherty trying to bring back his toho mojo. You try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one.

When something falls from Earth's orbit, it starts burning up due to friction against the atmosphere. It's why meteors burn up before they crash to the ground.

he made the head smaller for kotm, so its not gonna be 'fixed', it looked good

I do not see anything Dougherty brought to compromise for Gareth’s “vision”. Aside from the tacked on newspaper credits; Dougherty even changed Godzilla’s design.

>Earth's orbit
There's still clouds above them lol

Ghidorah didnt fly THAT high. If it were that high, the rest of the city would turn to a giant crate.

Godzilla walked upright in the 2014 movie.

Shin Gojira was so much better, and fuck King Kong and fuck niggers

>"I wanted my godzilla to be a realistic creature, like what someone would try to replicate from memory when making the original movie".
That's absurd, since Gareth's shitty design only vaguely looks like any of Toho's designs. His head, skin, and feet are all wrong. Both the 1998 and 2014 movies were clearly directed by people who were either embarrassed of the source material, or who only knew about Godzilla from cultural osmosis without actually seeing any of Toho's movies.

>terrorists mixes ghidorah's super healing dna with plant cells to create a new form of plant life that will cover the planet and return it to a pre-civilization world free from polution but it backfires in ways "no one" could foresee and godzilla steps in once again to fix the folly of man

Was having 3 other monsters besides Godzilla too much?

What would you say is the right amount for you perfect Godzilla film? Just big G like in Shin Godzilla? Or one other monster that the movie can focus on so we can have monster battles? Or two others like in the 2014 one? More than that?

Post a webm or screencap because I'm not watching that snoozefest again.

>EPIIIIC THESE FAKE CGI MONSTERS ARE DESTROYING EVERYTHING IN THIS BIG FAKE CGI CITTTYYY WHOAAAH EXPLOSIONSS!!! EPIC! ALSO I LOVE HOW IT CUTS TO SOME LITTLE KID LOOKING ON IN AMAZEMENT EVERY TIME SOMETHINGS HAPPENS IT'S JUST LIKE ME!!!!!

i don't usually say it, but this shit is actually pure, undistilled manchild trash

Attached: 1533009859759.jpg (381x353, 66K)

>Oh fuck he dodged I can't turn this off oh fuck he's shooting me back help me Iron Man!

This movie looks like boring shit, the CGI might as well be from a video game it looks so bad

95% of the movie was people sitting around in meeting rooms or moving from meeting room to meeting room. It was obvious they were making a commentary on bureaucracy, but its obviously a problem when your monster movie has almost no monster in it. Then there is the way they dealt with godzilla. They knocked him down with trains and then filled his mouth full of coolant.

Entire thing was a waste of time. Most boring Godzilla movie in existence.

All are good if done properly. 2014 was not done properly, because the MUTOs were hideous and boring. Watch Terror of Mechagodzilla if you want to see Godzilla fight a 1vs2 battle.

Fuck had no clue shin was directed by anno

Gareth's idea is that his godzilla is what a realistic creature would look like, with the toho version being how someone who only caught a glimpse of it would depict it from hazy memory.

>goes to see 'vengers opening weekend

He got the spirit right but he's a massively inferior filmmaker.
That's a problem no matter how you look at it.

Based. I would unironically pay money to see this Kaiju Kino.

Attached: 1C6EAE3B-6BFC-4BD0-8D00-358F942603CD.jpg (1200x701, 1.4M)

I do consider 2014 a better movie on its own (though not by much), but kotm is the better godzilla movie. It boils down to what you need from the movies.

>Rodan fuckin eats that guy
>He's probably in his belly, digesting for the rest of the movie

Yeah, he does that.

Attached: Rodan eats a dolphin.webm (1164x480, 2.98M)

Rodan was treated like a bitch for the whole movie but goddamn he was so expressive

>oh well, let's watch this, can't be worse than the 2014 one
>mfw it actually was

Attached: 1315244280022.jpg (344x505, 39K)

We saw his vitals go offline the moment he entered Rodan's mouth. Don't forget that Rodan's insides are like a volcano so the dude got burned within a couple seconds.

Yeah but Gareth's design doesn't even make sense because his head is too small, and it's supposed to be an aquatic reptile, but has legs and feet like an elephant.

i don't watch capeshit for the same reason i just described, but nice cope

Attached: 1563596278821.png (1516x1492, 3.34M)

>I am a superior being for not watching capeshit and monster movies!
Now this is the real cope.

Zilla?

Attached: 20706581.jpg (794x635, 70K)

The blu-ray is supposed to have an extended Mothra vs Rodan fight, right? I really hope so because I hated how little we got.

Fuck off and stay out of /pmmm/

So they're gonna go the BvS route and have them team up at the end to fight a different super powerful monster, right? I think since they established the Oxygen Destroyer in KotM we'll get Destroyah.

>bonus GvK fan animation:
youtube.com/watch?v=IpCQEmmAyTY

Attached: godzilla kong.jpg (1280x720, 255K)

Destroyah's probably gonna be made from the remains of Ghidorah's severed head somehow, like Doomsday was from Zod. So yes, BvS route.

I think with such big budgets you have to make better movies over better Godzilla movies or it risks hurting the entire franchise
American audiences aren't into kaiju like that

Would you want to have those energy beam tanks in the Legendary Monsterverse?

Attached: 678456.jpg (1440x810, 214K)

Star Trek ripped off Godzilla's roar.

Attached: 1559677408747.jpg (904x596, 169K)

The absolute irony is that this is as godzilla as hollywood ever went and probably ever will, and yet this movie probably performed even worse than 1998 that people hated for not being godzilla.

>So they're gonna go the BvS route and have them team up at the end to fight a different super powerful monster, right?
They've already confirmed they aren't doing this.

>airplanes that can shoot at a target from thousands of miles away
>get into slapping distance of the giant radioactive monster to fire
This is why I can't watch these children movies.

Attached: 1557024050543.png (450x450, 307K)

MASERS

Attached: JSDF vs Godzilla SOS.webm (1130x480, 2.55M)

>tfw no ultra man movie in the kaijuverse

Attached: 1501331192241.jpg (640x800, 56K)

It flies up on them though you retard

i am a superior being though, i don't waste money or time shitting in iron man diapers or crying when my favorite fictional dinosaur monster dies, so yes, i am better than you in an objective measure

Attached: 1555652876794.jpg (210x240, 14K)

>i don't waste money or time shitting in iron man diapers or crying when my favorite fictional dinosaur monster dies
Right, you spend it playing Magia Record and larping as a girl on /vg/

Gamera is Chaotic good
Mothra is lawful good

I'm so glad I didn't watch this shit. Looks like the ending is basically just HTTYD 2.

How did Monarch turn from this fairly small secret organization in 2014 into this large high-tech army with unlimited resources that appears to operate without any apparent oversight? Who is in charge? Who funds it? Is it part of the US government? Is it part of any government?

And then they continue to hand around it like flies in such a way that it literally kills all of the airplanes by fucking barrel rolling. No one older than 12 can possibly think that this is not pathetic. Grow up, tardlord,

Attached: 1557030566495.png (300x250, 20K)

I don't expect legendary to have bought the rights for destoroyah, better expect a new monster.

I like the short look Middle gives Lefty before he growls at him. "What the actual fuck are you even doing you stupid little shit? This is why mom didn't love you."

We know that a human threat exists, but everything else points at bringing and keeping the focus on the titular fight.

Can't be part of the government. Probably funded by some rich families who have been into monster shit for at least decades.

>Have them do a submission display or something that actual animals do
Because rolling on their backs or presenting their butts or necks would look way better

you can't even reply to posts correctly, you manchild redditor

Attached: 1564657101806.png (348x362, 175K)

I completely missed that the two heads hold his wings whilst the middle gravity beams him.

>giant mammoth

>giant spider

>giant ???

What's the MUTO supposed to be?

Attached: Confused Dungeon Adventure.png (314x278, 129K)

building the pyramids

They literally enter the airspace of several sovereign nations with war planes that actively fire missiles. Pretty sure the US military was already planning and busy dealing with the monsters when suddenly this foreign airforce appears. I don't understand what this organization is supposed to be. Why and how does it exist? Why does it have its own army that countries just accept? From an organization that's supposed to just document those titans? Who calls the shots? Who pays for everything?
It has to be some secret arm of the US government.

(((Monarch)))

This. Also, Godzilla beat Ghidorah thanks to nuke power up / Army distracting with missiles / Mothra helping. How did Godzilla win previous fights ? Why isn't Ghidorah already ruling earth ?

Attached: 1561574369178.jpg (264x374, 55K)

Nah.

Edward's take is decent, and in fact every moment Godzilla is on screen is great. However, he made the mistake of losing Godzilla's focus. Godzilla is not the most important being in the plot; he is a plot device to stop the true star monsters, the MUTOs. The humans are trying to study the MUTOs, the humans are trying to escape from, stop, or kill the MUTOs. Godzilla is there and is important, but is rarely regarded beyond secondary besides Serizawa, until the very end of the movie.

Dougherty remembered how important Godzilla is as the focus. He remembered to make him the centerpiece of the movie. Even when Godzilla is not on screen, the movie and characters revolve around him. The characters are studying Godzilla; the humans and monsters are all trying to stop, kill, or help Godzilla, and it is Godzilla who is the proper protagonist when he is on screen and when he's not, his presence lingers everywhere. The fact that they perfected his design and added both Toho monsters and Ifukube's music is a massive bonus.
Nothing wrong with that. It's a modern and grounded take on a classic icon. I wouldn't be surprised people became fans of Superman because of Man of Steel or Batman because of the Dark Knight Rises. He's a half-century old character so it's hard to get into him, but I'd recommend exploring the sources of his popularity, both the serious stuff like the original, the fun stuff like Vs Mechagodzilla, and the balanced stuff like GMK or Biolante.

Shin and both Legendary Godzilla movies are all fine, equally good but all with an equal amount of flaws. The only bad Godzilla movies we have thus far are the anime trilogy.

Attached: ECCjV6NUIAAdle8.jpg (2048x870, 212K)

>you can't even reply to posts correctly, you manchild redditor
Sounds like somebody is getting upset at being called out. Whats wrong? Were you trying to act tough in the thread when you got called out for being a faggot who larps as little girls all day?

Its meant to be a mammal with the anatomy of an insect

fuck you asshole!

>Only bad Godzilla movies
I meant of this generation of course.

>lays eggs
>mammal

Why is the MUTO bowing to Godzilla ? Wasn't it supposed to be dead in previous movie ?

Attached: 1557124190462.png (264x277, 148K)

I guess Serizawa was the boss man because they did whatever he said. And after that it was just a mishmash of all the secondary characters on the big plane doing whatever. No idea where the money comes from.

WE

It's supposed to be Prime (underage) MUTO

>I wouldn't be surprised people became fans of Superman because of Man of Steel or Batman because of the Dark Knight Rises
The fucking horror.

GMK would've been better with a highwr budget. Some of the greenscreen/Godzilla shots look out of the place.

But yeah it's superior to the Gamera film

I wonder how likely it is we'll ever get another movie seeing as this bombed

That's a new one.

Godzilla vs King Kong is still coming out. Depends on how popular that one is.

They will reboot the godzilla franchise if they need to keep going.

Likely, seeing as Toho bosses are apparently really happy with what Legendary is doing

How well would the Pacific Rim kaiju/BotFags work in this universe?