Can the Tolkien Estate really stop Amazon's blackwashing?

You guys have seen WoT's cast. We can't let that happen to LOTR

Attached: 66FD926A-A7ED-4A6B-9EE3-41CD60542E55.jpg (621x709, 307K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7ZOCCEuROPk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Amazon's Wheel of Time casting

Attached: AD7BE7F5-128E-44C7-849B-000E280A43CE.jpg (1259x650, 106K)

They own the rights so they can and they will. Why do you think theere haven't been a back to the future reboot yet?

They specifically sent them a couriered one page directive. It consisted of a single like; "No Nigs".

Apparently not

Attached: Middleearthcast.jpg (1716x970, 491K)

They don't own the rights anymore, they sold them to Amazon for a quarter billion dollars. However having a veto right over things that break lore was part of the deal.

based Christopher Tolkien

Who's the hotty doing Galadriel?

the tolkien estate are greedy scumbags. there is a very good chance they will sue amazon in the future.

based titus

blackwashing is the last thing you should worry

They've kept it from being defiled so they can be a greedy as they want to.

Nothing is sacred anymore.

Blackwashing=DOA

Based nothing, the guy is a grumpy buzzkill who frowns on anything that even attempts to 'interpret' his father's work. Forgetting that JRR himself kept going back to fix stuff he didn't like and was never fully satisfied with the end result.

>3400 years compressed into a single series

what exactly have they kept from being defiled? the hobbit?

Name of Celembrimbor actress?

Black sauron is ok as long as he doesn't show his face.

Literally 56% goblins

Yeah but making Aragorn a nigger does not count cause skin color is not important to the character, you dumb racist incels, am I right?

well, there was -only- one nigger in it

Siddig is a pretty cool actor tho.

Why is pic related so obsessed with black people? Nobody else cares

Attached: C2D115D1-C1BD-4ABE-AAF4-250E8D608EB8.jpg (721x482, 45K)

>Tolkein Estate: We will not allow changes to canon.
>Amazon: *backs dumptruck full of cash onto front lawn*
>Tolkein Estate: Of course Aragorn was black! White skin was never specified

Why did you post a picture of two jews?

Literally the entirety of American political discourse is obsessed with black people, tho.

No, they still own the rights. Amazon bought an exclusive TELEVISION license to their rights. If they'd sold the rights to Amazon completely there would be no contractual stipulations for what they can and can't do.

At least these chicks look kinda good. The ones for WoT are uggos desu

Hey, if they are going the diverse route gotta givem credit for not making sauron a blonde white guy

when they commit half of all violent crimes theyre hard to ignore

huh celebrimbor is a chick? I always thought that was a dudes name

why are those pic related all berniebros and democrat voters?

>(((white)))

>Why do you think theere haven't been a back to the future reboot yet?

Zemeckis has the rights and he said there won´t be more movies because there are no more stories to tell. He is fucking based. I love the IP but 3 movies was enought and it should be the standard. What we have these days with 20 movies is just glorified milking...

That casting for Gil-Gilad lmao.
Also, why would they cast someone with dark features for Galadriel?

Is WOT worth reading?
Won't ask Yea Forums because they're fags so I have to ask here.
I've stayed away from that series for fucking years and years because I heard that, past the first 3 books which are considered good, it's just pages and pages and chapters and entire books of what amounts to an unbearably long filler streak in one of those long running, decades old anime series.

Read just up to 3 (or 4) if the first one tickles my fancy?

They sent people to the next world. What have you done, imp.

>Adelaide Kane
>Siddig
gibs

Why do you keep making this post?

You are mostly right. Other than Dumai's (sic) wells, the middle books have almost no action, but the last one sure as hell does. The chapter "The Last battle" is like 300 pages long. And then they just start killing off main characters left and right.

What the fuck

Last I remember Sauron was supposed to be quite handsome and charming.

>dark lord
>make him black
bravo, netflix

It's like LoTR but even so bland and boring, and butcher ruined the ending.

So can one just basically read a bullet point summary of the filler books?

I have to admit I fucking laughed my ass off when I heard that the author finally karked it.
Not because a guy was dead, but because of all the bitching I'd been hearing from fans of the works for ages and then the guy fucking DIES leaving it unfinished, almost like a final act of fuckyou to his wingey readers.

Does the replacement writer "do it justice" in your opinion?
It's honestly the nightmare scenario for anyone reading any long ass series; the author fucking dies and leaves you hanging and they have to find some asshole to try and fill their shoes which is pretty much impossible.

I don’t have faith anymore after seeing WOT. I’m not a big fan of that series, only read like one and half of those at one point but I didn’t think casting blacks and shit were necessary.

Yea forsure, I really liked the books but stopped reading halfway through book six because it started getting boring tho. Books one through 3 are great tho if you enjoy high fantasy.

That anime comparison is spot on.

Attached: severian-33733f1e-b896-4242-aa22-59b0ba346e3-resize-750.jpg (481x500, 49K)

its for the voice

there arent many white actors with a deep voice

>So hardcore fans can rejoice
Why should hardcore fans be the only one to rejoice?
God forbid an adaptation of an established universe is faithful to its source material.
Gee fucking whiz.

>genderswapping Celebrimbor
Oh no no no no

I also forgot the mention the Cleansing.
1.If it doesn't mean that much to you, you can do that. If you are a fast reader, just read through it fast...
>oh no in a few books there's a perpetual heatwave! Oh nvm we fixed it.
>Oh no now theres an perpetual winter! oh nvm we fixed it.
2.Yes I understand, but a book series spanning almost 20 years at that point, thats just something you have to expect. Don't hold your breath though , the same thing is probably going to happen with a song of Ice and Fire. Martin doesn't exactly look like the picture of longevity.
3. Honestly I didn't give a shit. I couldn't tell a difference, Sanderson was mostly just going off of notes left by Jordan, and the very last Chapter in the very last Book was finished by Jordan before he died, so in the end he does get the final word.

Did Tolkien even write anything else besides lotr and the hobbit

Farmer Giles of Ham.

I've known since they announed some woman who allgedly read tWoT over two dozen times would be responsible for casting. Can't find her name anymore.

I had no hopes for this series (the books are my absolute favourite fantasy series of all time) from the beginning but still it hurts seeing a now hollywood-standard blackwashed cast.

Pic is very much related.

Attached: 8438-man-who-thought-hed-lost-all-hope-loses-last-additional-bit-of-hope-he-didnt-even-know-he-still (500x626, 188K)

It is, he is not

This --- You are a fucking moron if you think the overall rights to LOTR are only worth $250m.

Jules and Verne have to go back to the future, but 2019 this time, where Marty has become all shaky due to his car accident.

>make the only black man the villain
excuse me, shitlord?

Wait until he dies.
On a side note, prepare to be mindraped when Spielberg kicks the bucket.

Celeborn

I could use a good fantasy to read.
I never finished Feist's stuff (his latest and last arc of the magician saga).
Read the first parts of the Black Company stuff from Bear a few years ago, pretty much the last fantasy anything I read in a long while, not counting ASoIaF shit.
(oh yeah, and that rothfuss faggot that should hurry the fuck up).
It's just WoT, Shaararararara whatever that shit is by whoever the fuck, Terry Goodkind's shit (if that's worth reading - been warned off that for years), Robin Hobbes's Assassin thing. Might as well start with WoT.

Alright then, I'll see how I go.
>Sanderson was mostly just going off of notes left by Jordan
Oh it was that guy that finished it off.
At least he left notes.
> Martin doesn't exactly look like the picture of longevity.
I stopped caring too long ago about whether or not that fucker actually manages to finish shit.

>Evil black guy.
This could work considering is a subversion of the norm.

Lots of things. Google can be of assistance.

Only intelligent people care about the bastardization of society enacted by those who wield the nigger like a tool

This. And if they bought the entire IP it would cost billions of dollars.

It seems amazon is a little smarter than disney.

What are hair dye and wigs?

You’re obsessed with black people or you wouldn’t support shoving them into every fucking thing. If you weren’t a cunting racist then we wouldn’t need these debates at all because you’d only want to see black people in original or entirely appropriate roles, there’d be no blackwashing or tokenism.

oh look a fake outrage thread

Attached: frodo.jpg (394x375, 56K)

He was Lucifer beautiful, so this casting is absolutely dire.

>fake
kys nigger

Anyone who doesn't want niggers is based.

Probably not. Amazon picked this series specifically because of Jackson's movies. They're too white and need to be written over in public consciousness.
This kind of shit honestly makes it hard to not be racist at times. Like, 9/10 commercials having a mixed race couple when they are 1/10 couples in reality just makes me want to feel bitter towards other races. Brains don't like being washed, I guess.

>charge $250m just for the rights to make non cannon fanfic
>forced amazon to commit another $750m in production costs
>still reserve the right to veto anything you dont like
reminder that the Tolkien estate are absolutely based and literally outjewed the Weinsteins over The Hobbit profits

>They're too white
no such thing

Siddig is a great actor though
>Black Sauron
This can only lead to memes. Making the only black actor cast so far the evil antagonist.

I don't blame them. I wouldn't want my relative's life work fucked over by greedy Hollywood shitheads either.

Dude, the lead jew writer for the Netflix witcher literally stated that their casting decisions was purposely done to counteract the notion that Poland is a White country.

>the dark lord is a nigger
how did they get away with this?

Attached: 10.jpg (540x534, 67K)

People making those shows seem to care a lot, or else they would make them based on description from original sources

We'll see how based they are when Christopher dies.

>first season will consist of around 20 episodes
they must have an insane budget

Attached: 1565806145736.png (851x531, 42K)

They got fucked over by the trilogy, so I can see why they're jewing it out now. I just hope they keep an iron grip on the license.

>changing
So they can either stick to the books word for word or tell a different story in the same world that has no connection/doesn't affect the trilogy?

it's fake

Dios mio

well it's only the most expensive tv series ever

Why are niggers pushed more than Hispanics or Asians? Explain this, Americans. Is it because they're bastards without a culture?

wrong. if aragorn was originally not white then it would be an important character trait. but since he is white to begin with, it’s not and can be changed.

t. leftypol tranny

if it's not important then why do you need to change it?

Siddig is black

$150m per season

Test

whore

Attached: 1564665601169.gif (480x269, 1.92M)

Source?

nigga who cares
even if they somehow manage to match the 00s movies in quality and fidelity to the original work, still no one will watch it because it's on motherfucking amazon.

what's wrong with Amazon?

Attached: 1564518542077.jpg (680x478, 115K)

>2019
>doesnt have amazon prime

You should subscribe to Amazon Prime, friend.

amazon tv it's a lot like the xbox: just because you have ads and "news" covering it 24/7 inside the US it doesn't change the fact that literally no one in this planet gives a single shit about it.

they why do they have millions of viewers and xbox users? the fact that you don't care doesnt meant the rest of the world also doesnt care.

thanks for confirming these threads are made by amazon paid shills

Attached: lesmuganimefaceatincredblyhihgrezs.jpg (2296x2464, 349K)

Are... are you retarded? That nigga was haaaard right

Attached: 1CDA29EB-DC53-4096-8AFF-3EEA6A2BA449.gif (245x320, 2M)

>muh shills
cringe

Attached: 1560640395774.png (600x800, 113K)

>muh horsey theory

First season 20 episodes, they said it will be 5 season, let's say they end up like Game of Thrones shorter seasons for an average of 1 first season 20 episodes and 10 episodes for the rest, 60 episodes.
1 Billion for a budget? Actually they said more than that, but let's say is 1 billion.
that's 16 millions and 666.666$ for each episode, how are they going to spend that much on the series?

i hate cunts like you who talk with authority when you are completely wrong.

Attached: amazons lord of the rings.jpg (1000x1584, 1.78M)

Why does Isildur look like a Russian AIDS patient?

>Celebrimbor
>played by a woman

Attached: 1481627497789.jpg (459x488, 36K)

Game of thrones wasted 90 million on season 8

>Bashir
I don't know who Ar-Pharazon is, but I'm sold. As long as he isn't stuck in a wheelchair and killed without doing anything.

He's a mad tyrant who wants to live forever like the elves

youtube.com/watch?v=7ZOCCEuROPk
this is as close to the books we are ever going to get

Watch The Last Kingdom, that actor is kino

Maybe they mistook for Elrond's wife, Celebrian?

Nigga was so strong motherfucking god himself had to stop him.

White guilt and reparations. Also, extremely consumerist black culture means advertisers love them.

I'm STILL mad. I also wasn't able to post about this when the news hit on Wednesday, so only seeing the Twitter sycophants, LARPers and WOKE crowd praise it was infuriating.

Burn everything.

according to leddit the aboriginal chick looks ''FIERCE''

It's exactly what I'd expect of an Egwene fag like Judkins, of course he'd be the type of retard that thinks white people can't be dark of hair, eye or have curly hair. LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT IT BINDS ME!

its not a remake of the films RETARD

But that had to account lots of actors who had been there since the very first season.

Its more like horse footwear law at this point

Because of American cultural understanding where the Left is concerned. Risk of going /pol/, but basically, black people are a minority (which in fairness they are, percentage wise).

Hispanics have the illegal immigrant thing that disenfranchises them, although interestingly, legal immigrant Hispanics tend to vote further Right and against open immigration and open border policies. But admittedly I'm not 100% on this element, somebody with more awareness in USA PolSci can probably explain the current voting habits there.

African-americans by comparison were actually enslaved, and America, or at least the Left, has a massive amount of guilt over it. It verges on racial guilt, and it's pervaded the West through Hollywood for decades. Never mind that a lot of the slave ships were run by North African nations in the first place as a form of soft genocide of rival tribes following conquests, and right back to the earliest days of slavery in America the owners of said slaves were also black. The very first slave owner in America was black. Fucking irony. To this day there are still several African-american political lobbies that want reparations for that long, nasty, and checkered history (it was something to the tune of 50% or more of America's GDP last I checked?). Not to mention the black caucus in Congress.

Asians don't get pushed because they challenge this entire concept of thinking and privilege/disenfranchisement. They're a minority. They don't get benefits. But they work hard. They make money. Which a lot of lower socio-economic strata are different from (i.e. african-american, hispanic). They also tend to vote towards the Right or at least centre, so the Democratic party really does not want to give them more attention than they can possibly deal with.

>legal immigrant Hispanics tend to vote further Right and against open immigration and open border policies
Only first generation, the rest revert to the mean and vote for the same policies that caused their parents to immigrate in the first place.