You write "Born to Kill" on your helmet and you wear a peace button. What's that supposed to be, some kind of sick joke?

>You write "Born to Kill" on your helmet and you wear a peace button. What's that supposed to be, some kind of sick joke?
>I think I was trying to suggest something about the duality of man, sir.

fucking bravo kubrick

Attached: 1476208326288.gif (500x280, 933K)

Yeah that was pretty fucking stupid

This. he better get his head out of his ass or I will take a gigantic shit on him

>Memebrick

It insists upon itself

ruined the movie, it's like he wasn't even trying

Better him than me.

The film should have been named Duality of Man imo

>Yea Forums user confused why the character nicknamed Joker, has Born to Kill on his helmet and wears a peace symbol pin, drawing focus to the great ironies of America's role in the Vietnam War ,and to a larger point, the contradictory aspects of human nature

Was it autism?

Attached: penisprop1sdfsdf.jpg (465x594, 36K)

I fucking laughed my ass off when Rafterman got hit by a tank in the book. Like come on, what the fuck.

zizek said some interesting things about this movie in "perverts guide to ideology". how joker despite trying to be a rebel is actually the ideal soldier because he has some sense of ironic distance. its also why they chant dirty rhymes and such

I DON'T KNOW BUT I'VE BEEN TOLD

is perverts guide to ideology good? I've watched Perverts guide to Cinema and though I enjoyed it, some of his points, like the one about the marx bros resembling the model of psyche, just laughable

Duality of Film

first half great, second half sucked

That's literally all in the book, did Zizek read the back of the Blu-ray box?

*BIG SNIFF*

>the one about the marx bros resembling the model of psyche, just laughable

The idea of id, ego, superego is also laughable.

how do most people feel about the drill seargant of the first half in this movie? I thought he was rude

This happens in the book, though.

And Kubrick consciously and intentionally kept it in his adaptation you fucking goober

Actually he didn't. The actor completely improvised it, not knowing that he was directly quoting the book the film was based on (which he wasn't even aware of), but Kubrick who wanted to remove the line for its lack of subtlety was struck by the ingenuity of the layer added by the coincidence that he decided to keep it in.

Most people think you’re autistic.

It’s nice how perfectly that fits with “is that you John Wayne? Is this me?”