Terror Season 2

Did you see the first episode? What did you think?

Attached: TheTerror.jpg (400x600, 159K)

Does it have any supernatural/horror element or is it just about some gooks in ww2.

the horror element is the white people

Havent seen S2 but the supernatural shit and cgi is why the terror S1 will never be a classic. Would've been so much better and more impactful if they hadn't made it a cartoon

Agreed. I think it just makes the writing lazy when there's a supernatural bear on the loose.
I saw it. It was okay, I'll probably continue to watch it but I'm not overly excited about it. I actually do like the setting and time period though. Personally I've never seen a movie/show about people of Japanese heritage in the US in a WWII setting.

the ghostmonster are just going after bad people or something and all the nips allready know what she is. i hope im wrong and they up the mystery in the following episodes.
btw setting it in the 40s Kinda suck to.

I think the setting is fine but it essentially looks like they're shooting on a sound stage the entire time.

Don't people shoot on location anymore?

loved it
dat bakemono comin for gramps

Yes, it was shit.

After watching this and realizing my skin is white I am going to suicide

>George Takei plays a stereotype nip who speaks with an accent

I thought he was against that kind of racist shit?

It's fucking shit and I wish they'd never done it. There's almost no time on boats.

Is it based on some story or is it brand new? why call it terror 2 if it has nothing in common

I though he was dead

because nothing original ever gets made anymore

Calling it The Terror is such a shamelessly crass thing to do. It's just a way to cash in and exploit the name recognition of a better storyteller's successful ideas.

>I thought he was against that kind of racist shit?
strawman

It's the same stuff from the novel, they didn't change it.

Doesn't he have AIDS anyway?
I guess he'll take whatever role they throw at him to fund his treatment.

AIDS treatment got pretty cheap in the last 20 years tho
t. biochemist

AMC is such a garbage network, watch them run this series into the ground too.
Can you imagine HBO coming out with a show about Fukushima next year and calling it "Chernobyl 2"? You would never see something that tacky from them.

Cheap in the short term maybe, but don't those medicines burn your kidneys out? Constant dialysis treatments aint cheap.

>it essentially looks like they're shooting on a sound stage the entire time.
The first series had this feeling anytime they were outside the boats.

>japanese guy acts like a japanese guy in a historical setting where it is appropriate
FUCKING LIBERALS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

All of the above

>nip with nip accent
what

Apu did nothing wrong, confirmed.

I'm sure this conversation makes sense in your addled mind but the rest of us are just confused.

Apu got CANCELLED because of how problematic it was that an indian immigrant has an accent.
Jap immigrant has an accent, rightfully so, But somehow not problematic.

It was only an issue because a "white" guy voiced Apu. Even though voice actors voice characters that aren't the same race all the time. Like Phil LaMarr as Samurai Jack. Besides, this isn't even the same equivalent so you have no real point here.

Attached: Phil is concerned.jpg (214x317, 14K)

apu was invented and played by new york jews and his accent was played as a joke while mr mattei most likely is lovingly basing his character on someone he actually knew as a kid

Could be Japs aren't butthurt about a japanese american playing a japanese american in a tv show about a japanese internment camp. Could be you're just bringing up this tangentially related situation from a cartoon show simply to fuel your seething hatred for sjw's/libs/whatever, and having a normal conversation is completely alien to you. Could be any of a number of other things too to be honest. Have sneed

I'm pretty sure it's problematic to ask a minority to play up a harsh accent. There was an entire episode of Master of None that talked about this.

>sjw's/libs/whatever
Lmao, please don't lump me together with SJW nut-jobs. Just regular run of the mill lib, k thanks.

and im sure takei did it without being asked

>please don't lump me together with SJW nut-jobs.
read it again user, you seem confused

The show and that hack Simmons effectively buried any chance for a realistic fictionalized account of the expedition for the next decade at least. Unless they find captain's logs of either Erebus or Terror.

>The show and that hack Simmons effectively buried any chance for a realistic fictionalized account of the expedition for the next decade at least.
I didn't see anyone making any realistic depiction of the expedition anyway.