I fucking hate Dr. Who

I fucking hate Dr. Who

Attached: doctor_who_the_thirteenth_doctor_-_publicity_-_p_2018.jpg (1047x1572, 410K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bcwiXY7YCyY
youtube.com/watch?v=uNuHV-iLBRw
youtube.com/watch?v=vtxnaxAZfnE
youtube.com/watch?v=zkD4PQjvtTQ
youtu.be/DoGCHnIX6AU
youtube.com/watch?v=XPDJTRa_mC4
youtube.com/watch?v=ubTJI_UphPk
youtube.com/watch?v=tkBQih6e68E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Too white.

Based OP

>doctor who

Attached: MRW.png (600x450, 9K)

It's a pretty ho-hum show. Yet it's fans are weirdly passionate about. Ask one to explain the plot of an episode. Have them explain it like you ain't never seem Dr. Who before. They sound ridiculous. Dr. Who is such a nu-male hero. Clever, witty, always right, always knows what to say, physically unimposing, respectful towards women, plot armor.

What a bore that show is.

Until you posted this thread, I didn’t think about it at all

incel hands typed this post

That's an oof from me

I hate it more than anyone, and that's how you know I'm a true fan.

That's the Flanderisation of the character. The old series was great, because he often was not that character at all. He could be emotionally cold, mean, foolish, angry and violent. He once accused a companion of being a spy and strangled her in a fit of post-regeneration madness. He wasn't always the smartest man in the room, and was often shown to be nothing special by his own people's standards. The main thing that set him apart from other Timelords was the rebellious spirit, that made him steal a Tardis and go wandering the universe just for the fun of it.
The always morally superior wandering God interpretation of the Doctor who's brains are his super power is fucking cancer, and the worst thing about the rebooted show.

Most wildly inconsistent show of all time. Responsible for some of the best and worst of television

That's why the debates will never end!

youtube.com/watch?v=bcwiXY7YCyY
Unironically one of my favourite scenes.

Shame Twin Dilemma is pure shit

Me too, but I hate Dr Who fans even more because they support this shit.

Incel is your soul, stop projecting

It was worth it.

It really is nu-male shit.
Never solves any problem with violence, even when violence is clearly the solution.
Honestly it makes sense they'd just make nu-who a woman. He was basically a woman anyways.

>Never solves any problem with violence
The Doctor can't go 10 minutes without genociding something, the fuck are you talking about?

>Never solves any problem with violence, even when violence is clearly the solution.

he commits genocide regularly.

Missed opportunity

Attached: soles.jpg (5802x4578, 2.07M)

>Never solves any problem with violence

Attached: giphy (6).gif (288x218, 914K)

Should I bother with old doctor who? I watched ecllestans tennants doctors and though they were alright, but matt smith was too gay for me gave up on the show with capaldi. Is it worth it to start with the first doctor or is there a better jumping on point?

youtube.com/watch?v=uNuHV-iLBRw
Don't make me get the video.

The fucking suspenders really take the cake.

This is why Eleven was based. Basically became self aware that he would never be rid of his threats so he just genocides other races regularly expecting them to come back. The Cyberking episode was proof of this. I'm glad we moved on from the Tennant style of nonviolence.

youtube.com/watch?v=vtxnaxAZfnE

but they addressed that too in 10s run

A lot of the first doctor’s serials aren’t around anymore, either lost in a studio fire or had the films destroyed to recover their silver content I can’t remember which one.
It sets up some of the recurring antagonists but it’s also pretty irrelevant since a lot of what they state gets retconned later on.

>Should I bother with old doctor who?
Yes it's generally much better than nuWho, although different eras vary wildly in tone and quality.
>Is it worth it to start with the first doctor
No problem starting at the start. If not Pertwee, or Baker. You can move about any way you want, as I said just be wary of the different eras and their production styles. A bit of Wiki searching will tell you the differences. Consistency varies from story to story in most cases so don't write off a whole season or Doctor based on one story.

The first thing I'd suggest doing is looking up some of the more highly rated serials, and watching those to get a taste for what different eras have to offer. Then you can decide if you want to delve deeper into any particular Doctor.

stopped caring after matt smith came in

I never thought I'd want to bang the doctor and the master at the same time but here we are. Is this how girls feel watching the show?

The appeal is that it used to be a goofy villain of the month scifi show about a time traveling British man and his companion.
They changed that with the later half of the moffat era to be a show infested with left wing propaganda and poor writing.

I haven't even thought about it in ages.

Not according to the viewing figures.

Would suggest:
1st Doctor: An Unearhtly Child, The Daleks
2nd Doctor: not as knowledgable on this era, but let's say Tomb of the Cybermen, and Enemy of the World
3rd Doctor: Spearhead from Space, Inferno
4th Doctor: Genesis of the Daleks, Talons of Weng Chiang, City of Death
5th Doctor: Kinda, Caves of Androzani
6th Doctor: Vengence on Varos
7th Doctor: Paradise Towers, Remembrance of the Daleks, Curse of Fenric

This. Doctor Who are like Howard Stern fans, they love their personal golden era of the show and viciously tear apart the rest of it.

He's right though. nuWho, numales, with very few exceptions. Oddly enough Chinballs wrote one of them.

My 'Golden Age' is a bunch of random episodes from all throughout the shows run though

>it's a Doctor loses faith in humanity episode

youtube.com/watch?v=zkD4PQjvtTQ

Pretty much. The only era where I would say pretty much every episode is good is the 4th Doctor and Leela.

Doctor Who is consistently shite but also really entertaining. I'm not even British.
Just some neat sci-fi ideas here and there coupled with really enthusiastic actors and passionate writers and crew.
It's very homely.

It's basically a real example of the million monkeys on typewriters scenario.
Give a huge amount of writers a universe with infinite possibilities and some of them will write 10/10 episodes and others will insult their audience with the most horrendous scripts imaginable.

Oddly enough Moffat has done both.

that's a pretty common reaction to dr who.

Strangely the non-TV content seems to be better on the whole, and I'm not sure exactly why that is. I went through a period of reading a lot of the comics from the 70's through to the 90's a while ago, and you'd be surprised how good some of those can be,

Underworld and Invasion of Time want a word

I actually forgot Underworld existed. What even happens in that episode?

Don't know. I forgot while I was watching it. Something about caves and a ship and an evil computer.

I remember it was quite atmospheric, at least.

>no Romans or Rescue
Obviously not as knowledgeable on 1st Doctor either

Attached: tumblr_mutqmtRx3Q1ql9lj0o1_1280.jpg (1280x960, 151K)

>all the seething soi responses to this
wew Good word.

Quite brilliant.

Even Chibnall wrote a pair of god-tier torchwood episodes.

Thought about throwing in another historical, but then I though, don't overwhelm. Some of those serials go on.

Really?

Too male. Too CISgendered. Too many toxic incel fanbabies to truly enjoy (autocorrect changed "fanbabies" to "cannabis" but NO degeneracy here!)

I like that era, but then I also really like that paring, so they elevate mediocre episodes.

You sound awfully soi-ish yourself to be honest.

Would be a top tier threesome

This. 3/4th through Tennant's stuff and it's often horrendous but somehow entertaining. There are some great episodes though:
-The Empty Child / The Doctor Dances
-The Impossible Planet
-Human Nature / Family Of Blood

I just hate Moffat. Eleven & Rory was okay until Moffat took control. Now it’s shit. Fuck River Mary Sue I’m Moffats Waifu Song

Speaking as an old fan
Who the fuck is defending the female Doctor?
Ratings are all oveer the floor

Mostly feminist ideologues who weren't invested in actually watching and enjoying the series.

>soi-ish
You're one to talk.

Attached: soi.webm (640x358, 1.91M)

If you aren't British then why do you say "shite"? I thought only Brits say it that way.

The only criticism people ITT have for Doctor Who is that it's either
>onions
or
>nu-male

Both of which aren't valid criticisms and we know that is the extent of a /pol/tards vocabulary. The show has good moments. For every 1 good episode there is about 10 bad ones. At times the show can be pretty decent sci-fi fantasy or whatever.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-16 disappointed anime girl - Google Search.png (745x468, 590K)

Attached: who.jpg (626x744, 92K)

When are you cucks going to realize the people who care about or know anything about the pre-revival eras are like 10% of the current fanbase?
To most people the Doctor is a prancing queer who solves all problems with memes, because that's all he's done for almost two decades.
The show is tumblr.

Attached: 1554394562760.png (572x693, 10K)

>projection

>NO TOUCHING GUNS

Genocide isn’t a good thing and 11 is just as bad as 10 as he doesn’t get called out for it, even A Good Man Goes to War is about the Doctor being this badass. Even Trial shows the Doctor’s limits in that regard.

Basically this

The current fanbase are shit. What's your point?

Wtf, I love Doctor Who now.

Attached: IMG_20190816_184431.jpg (1047x1572, 522K)

The point would that posting clips from 50 year old tv episodes that nobody's watched is not an argument against "doctor who is a fag now and anyone who likes the show is gay".

Oh come on. Tennant may not have been on the same level as the old Doctors, but he wasn't bad. He did his own thing. The Doctors who came after him were just poor imitations of him.

You didn't say "now". I can only assume you're criticising the series in it's entirety.

Tennant was too ordinary. You'd hardly even know he was an alien. Smith is Tennant done right, in my eyes.

I didn't say anything except that doctor who fans don't care about a montage of old who shit, except maybe n the sense that they can more accurately pretend they've watched it.

There's not just one person in this thread shitting on the show. But the first post in this thread was shitting on the girl Doctor most prominently. I doubt the OP's choice of a picture where she's the main focus was random. You should have enough common sense to understand that when people say Doctor Who is a faggy meme show for overweight girls who never had a boyfriend and beta numales, they aren't talking about shit from fucking 1973.

Some of us liked this series before the reboot. Just because Americans only heard about it when it came to Netflix doesn't mean it wasn't a hugely successful franchise that ran for near thirty years on it's first run.

Well said.

Are we pretending to be 50 years old now? If you think the issue is Americans, you need to understand the height of US popularity for the show was 11 and that died off very quickly when 12 took over.
And the BBC is still in control of everything and trying their best to pander to what they want UK sensibilities to be.
And I sincerely doubt anyone here who does enjoy the old shit didn't go back to it in the first place because of 9 or 10.
If you agree the show is shitty now, or at the very least a completely different thing that's worse than the old shit, then there isn't even an argument to make exccept for autistic semantics that people aren't stating "the revival of" whenever they say "Doctor Who sucks

Do you wander in to Marvel threads whenver someone says "The Captain America movies are pretty good" to point out how there were shitty ones in the 90s?.

What are repeats? They showed old Tom Baker episodes on pretty much constant rotation until the 2005 series came out.
If I said "Star Trek is shit" would you assume I meant STD and maybe Enterprise, or would you assume I meant, you know, Star Trek. All of it. The real Star Trek.

Why do people pretend the lady doctor made this show shit when most fans hated it long before her?

She's more like a desperate PR stunt from a long dead show rather than what killed it.

Because as shit as it was before her, it got much worse when she joined.

>would you assume I meant STD and maybe Enterprise
I'd assume STD if you were calling it beta basedcuck garbage or whatever, and even more so if you posted a picture of any of those characters.

>Genocide isn’t a good thing

Attached: 7-7.jpg (480x360, 64K)

because autists like to seethe about women. the writing was just dogshit, that's hardly her fault.

>He could be emotionally cold, mean, foolish, angry and violent.

it felt like they were trying to back to this somewhat with capaldi's early episodes

Her acting was godawful too.

Yeah, it's not like the series has a lengthy history of the Doctor's performance elevating mediocre or even terrible writing.

Yeah, Ecclestone was also more that variety of Doctor, but less extreme.
They clearly decided to soften Capaldi's Doctor when people didn't take so much to those early episodes, and that's a shame.

I love Colin Baker's Doctor. Jody has no excuse.

I want Nurse Who to save me from my mundane life and take me on sexy adventures!

Who doesn't?

Based and fuck NuWhopilled.

sign of brain damage tbqh lad

Colin's great. He's dramatic, and explosive, and flippant, and a bit insane. Even stuck in the middle of the absolute biggest trashpile era, he's a joy to watch do his thing.

You do know that you're not allowed to hold any opinion on Doctor Who at all until you've seen Horns of Nimon, right?

Attached: HornsOfNimon.jpg (700x529, 69K)

Or, unnanglophonic people learning from Brit sources.

Attached: romana39.jpg (807x656, 257K)

>posting meddlesome hussies
How many Nimons?

IN THE NAME OF THE SECOND SKONNAN EMPIRE

THREE. I'VE SEEN THREE!

This is now a Romana thread.

Attached: romana35.jpg (751x1000, 212K)

awe ye?

Attached: IMG_3544.jpg (800x1200, 153K)

No

Attached: romana14.jpg (640x480, 34K)

I don't hate Doctor Who, just the current writers who have zero sci-fi writing experience. By all means, make the Doctor female for a change, completely fine. It should open up a spectrum of different stories and character development. Great.
But those writer's can't do that. They're simply unable, and it shows. The real shame is that many people won't be watching again, myself included. There are plenty of episodes and storylines I can always watch again whenever I like.
I'm still a fan of Doctor Who, I just won't be watching the new episodes next year.

They didn't think about the possibilities of a female Doctor beyond the news articles that would be written about it and the flash in the pan "good will" it would generate from people who weren't ever going to watch in the first place.

The anti-gun/knife shit seems especially shoehorned considering 12 killed another timelord witj a firearm for purely selfish reasons.

youtu.be/DoGCHnIX6AU

IIRC the first doctor also had a gun collection, and many regenerations have gotten into swordfights.

I can't remember what the first no touching guns episode was, but I know Chibnal's two parter had that as a big theme. Which is hilarious because he has the Doctor straight up murder a guy in the dinosaur one.

Classic who didn't give a shit about guns. The Doctor was running around shooting shit all the time. That's a particularly British numale construct.

Seeing as it's the BBC, I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. There were plenty of headlines about it, but no substance to back them up.
But either way, it should have been an engaging series of fantasy adventures and it just wasn't.
It felt like any other BBC drama series but with a light sci-fi tint over the top, and not in a good way. It wasn't engaging or compelling, more like a lecture, or a downright slog to get through.
Every Doctor has rough episodes of varying quality, but this one felt like a series of Torchwood written by people who have never seen it.

Based Eccleston

Attached: romana63.jpg (576x432, 130K)

The Doctor in classic series only commented on guns when they were pointed at him by guards, like in Horns of Nimon, and how tired that trope is.

nuwho has never been consistent with this, I guess because there's so many different writers for single episodes, they can have a speech about being a paficist one week then murder a planet the next. I liked the anniversary episode with hurt because at least while it hammed up how sad he was about killing everyone it didn't gloss over that he was capable of it.

and capaldi is based, he can shoot as many children in the face as he wants.

There are who fans, probably even in this thread, who think that capaldi's doctor didn't throw that robot out of the ship in his first episode.

anyone love for Eccleston? Seems he was overshadowed by Tennant, there’s an interesting cyberpunk feel to a few of his ones

He was great. Shame his run was so short, but I don't blame him for leaving.

Attached: 9-job.jpg (800x600, 78K)

>anyone love for Eccleston?
Bitch please, everyone loves Eccles cakes

well, some people are just really thick.

Capaldi>Eccleston>Smith>Tennant

haven't seen Jodie yet

I'd tell you not to bother, but I'm a sadist.

Attached: 9.png (640x368, 208K)

her season is just really boring, no random 10/10 episodes out of nowhere, none so hilariously bad they're worth shit talking like tennant and the olympic torch, just piss fucking dull from start to finish.

>Ecclescakes
EVERYONE LIVES!

Attached: DW - nine's got moves.gif (300x177, 497K)

imagine if he dropped the kid when he said that

Attached: romana70.png (500x386, 295K)

This, right here. I do enjoy what Nu-Who for what it tried to do, but I really disliked how overpowered the Doctor seemed accompanied by a convenient quips to justify it. You know what I miss? when the 4th Doctor randomly snaps during the Sontaran experiment? or how the 7th Doctor really did not give a fuck and would sacrifice Ace at the drop of his hat, in the Curse of Fenric, or just "considered" it just to prove he wasn't bluffing.

Because it fit the thread :)

Dr. Literally Who

Attached: romana9.jpg (561x800, 96K)

For me, it's Jo

Attached: katy_manning0003.jpg (453x770, 33K)

rude

She had an old ladies face, and it puts me off.

Start with Pertwee (the third doctor). The black and white stuff is too slow and a lot of it is missing.

That's not Dr Who.
That's Nurse Why.

Tom bakers gurl

somebody post the companion bum webms, I miss martha's bum.

A Zoe fan. A man of taste.

Attached: zoe13.jpg (1164x825, 92K)

youtube.com/watch?v=XPDJTRa_mC4
Try not to fall in love.

>Dr. Who
>Dr.
what a loser.

The Big Finish audiobooks are better than the show has been in years

Attached: large[1].jpg (600x600, 148K)

More of a Leela and Romana 2 man. I'll have a bit of Susan too.

You know what bothers me about War Doctor spinoff material? They always depict the character as old John Hurt, when I think it was implied he regenerates as a young John Hurt, and the war just stretches on for a very long time, until we reach Day of the Doctor which is the final day of the war. Would be cool to get a young John Hurt War Doctor comic or something.

What is Big Finish? I thought it was an organized work by fans?

This shit is why actors do sci fi, even if it's only once or twice. More often than not you'll be brought back (and paid) to do more. Jacobi could pay the bills for a good chunk of each year for the rest of his days just doing Big Finish audios.

Officially licensed Doctor Who audio productions. It was created by fans but is much bigger now.

finally the thread is saved. I had so much fun watching old who on twitch last year

Attached: hmmm.png (1364x1054, 1.17M)

agreed. and the 6th Doctor is the best.

Another mistake Styre

It's a professional radioplay/audiobook production company

So, the Van Gogh scene came to my YouTube feed, I watched it and it made me consider about starting to watch Doctor Who. Is this just a damn kino scene on a bad show or are there actually as great scenes such as this one:

youtube.com/watch?v=ubTJI_UphPk

Attached: 958c40ec.png (814x840, 10K)

There is so much kino in Doctor Who, but also so much shit. No one watches it because it is a masterpiece of television.

>Is this just a damn kino scene on a bad show or are there actually as great scenes such as this one:
Watch series 1-5 of nuwho. stop there.
My top tier list would be:
>all of series 1
>satans pit two parter
>gridlock
>family of blood two parter
>sound of drums two parter
>midnight
>turn left
>planet of the dead
>waters of mars
>amy's choice
>vincent and the doctor

all of the episodes in series 1-5 are good apart from a handful but everything after series 5 the reverse is true, I would really say only the girl who waited and heaven sent are truly good episodes from post series 5. That's my take, I would highly encourage you do as I said

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (1200x675, 66K)

Well, there are plenty of good episodes. Vincent and the Doctor is quite unique though. Don't know if you'll find anything exactly like that.

I can pinpoint exactly when you hit puberty.

This is pretty legit

I have a soft spot for the s2 cybermen 2-parter even though it was cheesy

>A lot of the first doctor’s serials aren’t around anymore, either lost in a studio fire or had the films destroyed to recover their silver content I can’t remember which one.

The original videotapes were all erased and reused when they thought black-and-white would never be sellable again. What survives is film prints made to sell to countries that didn't have color TV yet. Sad.

Based and sixpilled

>basedboys that think post-series 5 was actually good because "nostalgia blinds people into thinking only series 1-5 were good" unironically go back to facebook and tumblr you colossal retard
I quite like that 2-parter, really nice setup for a new form of cyberman that doesn't butcher the original cyberman lore like series 7 onwards does. Plus it finishes off Mickie's character arc quite nicely

Attached: Toby.gif (385x221, 1017K)

>all of the episodes in series 1-5 are good
I appreciate some RTD kino but Christ almighty that is a pretty indefensible, nostalgia-blinded opinion. I mean your pic was from 42 aka Chib's first dump on nuWho

It's not that the Moffat era was especially good, it's just that the RTD era was overwhelmingly quite bad.

For me, it's my niece, Louise.

Attached: dalek dr Jill Curzon.jpg (407x612, 87K)

>but Christ almighty that is a pretty indefensible
how about you read the line literally right after that says "apart from a handful". I was making a general point of how RTD era had issues and bad episodes but everything after series 5 was mostly bad apart from a handful of moments or episodes (like I said in the original post)
>42 aka Chib's first dump on nuWho
but 42 is a good episode though
>the RTD era was overwhelmingly quite bad.
this has to be bait

Attached: ww1.jpg (1041x1049, 106K)

nah, people hate RTD 'cos they're bitter autists
but 42 was shit though

it was a fun little filler, I'm not in love with it but it wasn't a bad episode at all

>>satans pit two parter
The Impossible Planet/Satan Pit two-parter is fantastic. It's exactly what I wanted nu-Who to be, but it didn't stay that way
Great episodes though, love the theme and the score was very effective too. Telly kino right there.

Nu-Who is all crap. A good chunk of Old-Who is crap.

>42 was a good episode
Have sex

Attached: A997B415-9288-4D6F-9A54-6AA8493CBEF6.jpg (633x825, 51K)

>apart from a handful
But it's not just a handful, about half of RTD and the majority of series 5 is crap. And 42 is proper bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=tkBQih6e68E
>doctor tries to be a reddit atheist and prove how smart he is
>gets btfo by something he doesn't understand
>shown up to be as tiny as everyone else and have his own personal flaws (like arrogance for example, a notorious timelord trait)
FUCKING KINO
>about half of RTD and the majority of series 5 is crap
okay big brains, get the episode list up and mark half of the episodes that you think are bad

Attached: What The Fuck.png (720x701, 525K)

Based

>The always morally superior wandering God interpretation of the Doctor who's brains are his super power is fucking cancer, and the worst thing about the rebooted show.

This wasn't the case in Eccleston or Tennant's era. Tennant was always being called out for his hubris, his vengefulness, and his game-playing. That's what caused his downfall.

>The old series was great, because he often was not that character at all. He could be emotionally cold, mean, foolish, angry and violent.

Ok, in the first place, the Doctor was barely a character at all in the old series, more a thinly-sketched caricature - "enigmatic" and "alien" is the most brainlet fucking bullshit excuse ever for a completely inconsistent mess of plot devices. An d secondly, instances of him being emotionally cold, mean, foolish, angry and violent were far from the fucking norm in the old series, and are just as present in the new series.

>sky...

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 650K)

can we all agree that based nardole was the best nuwho companion?

The RTD era has like five great episodes, and the rest of it is crap like The Idiot's Lantern, or bland nothing like The Unicorn and the Wasp. They also flubbed just about every series finale by raising the stakes so high, they needed an unsatisfying Deus Ex Machina solution. Rose was obnoxious after series one, the show's refusal to get over Rose and move on was even more obnoxious. This is the era where the meme of the Doctor as this messianic Batman figure really kicked off, and the stink of that shit hasn't left the series since. There's gay shit everywhere, the alien designs look intentionally goofy, they play a Britney Spears song in one episode. I could go on.

>the alien designs look intentionally goofy, they play a Britney Spears song in one episode.

Attached: file.png (1080x1020, 405K)

Attached: mike-tysons-punch-out-tyson-e1507021527866.jpg (624x352, 98K)

This just sounds like retarded blathering

>complaining about aliens being goofy
>in doctor who
have you watched anything of oldwho?

Yes. It was charming because it tried it's hardest with a limited budget. It wasn't bad on purpose.

thats because it is

but the mismanagement of a large budget only came when the foreigners and yanks started watching it after series 5, prior to that they really were stretched with budget like with old who

DON'T CRITICISE MUH CHILDHOOD

Attached: delet this wojak1.jpg (471x397, 58K)

Series 4 alien makeup vs Series 5 alien makeup.

Attached: mike-tysons-punch-out-tyson-e1507021527866.jpg (1078x762, 140K)

>Proper bad
Fear Her
Lazarus Experiment
Voyage of the Damned
Doctor's Daughter
Victory of the Daleks
Time of the Angels
Flesh and Stone
Hungry Earth
Cold Blood
The Lodger
>Boring crap
The Long Game
Rise of the Cybermen
Age of Steel
Impossible Planet
Satan Pit
Sontaran Stratagem
Poison Sky
Unicorn and the Wasp
Planet of the Dead
Beast Below
Vampires of Venice
Amy's Choice
Big Bang (cannot remember it at all)
>Bad but have their moments
The End of the World
New Earth
Idiot's Lantern
Love & Monsters
Daleks in Manhattan
Evolution of the Daleks
Last of the Time Lords
Journey's End
Next Doctor
End of Time Part 1
Pandorica Opens

Not sure how that adds up but there's a list

>

Attached: 1531757084565.jpg (360x394, 15K)

Your opinions are pure garbage, please evacuate the thread ASAP

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
You'd hate most of those episodes if they were from when you were post-pubescent.

>watched series 1-4 again last year
>my opinions held up
seriously satans pits boring? go fuck yourself you fucking retard

>what are nostalgia goggles

cope harder and suck off your trans boyfriend, TARDISposting retard

Please enlighten me oh RTD messiahs

Attached: 1292219743293.jpg (228x179, 8K)

midnight was such a kino episode

its my favourite episode

Attached: overview for a stupid nigger with bad taste.jpg (597x2306, 839K)

Aw dude, colours?

I think I'm just a harsher critic than you. I can't really complain too much about a good number of our differences. How the fuck can you stand Voyage of the Cringe though? I think that is the single most unwatchable RTD story.

I’m surprised the Dalek prop could support her weight honestly

>How the fuck can you stand Voyage of the Cringe though?
what do you mean?
>great soundtrack
>kylie companion
>actually interesting plot with the captain and max
its actually a great episode, and deserves to be the most viewed episode of all time

9th and 10th has a lot behind them. If it had ended with the death of the 10th like it was supposed to, then it’ll be kino.

The worst bit is that every side character in the episode is comic relief yet there isn't a funny line in the script

This Vincent Van Gogh scene is honestly straight trash and represents how the show got worse over time for me. Watch the Charles Dickens episode from season 1 with Eccleston if you want to experience a similar story without being beaten over the head with ridiculous sentimentality.

they're just meant to be random bystanders that the doctor is stuck with and tries to save since the rest of the crew fucking died, mr copper is a good lad

That was never how it was supposed to end. A time lord has twelve regenerations.

Being a Doctor Who fan is the most surreal experience I’ve had with a show. I think most of us grew up with it. Most of us grew up with our own Doctor. Most of us have an odd affection to it. I can not truly articulate why I’ve been watching it for nearly 20 years.

I love 9 and 10, especially his more flawed side, but the shows quality is all over the place. Sometimes you can get the best SciFi one can get, where The Doctor might engage anything from genocide to blind hubris. It can be great. It sometimes however can be the worst TV, especially now. I get the hate in regards to the fans. They’re truly awful people.

There really aren't any fans now. There are people who will say they like ChibWho and Jody Whitaker, because they feel they have to, but no one is excited about this series anymore. No one is excitedly wating for scraps to drop (unless they regard firings). No one is theorising on what will happen in the next series. No one gives a shit whenever they drop a piece of news like the Cybermen coming back. It's done. People are just patiently waiting for regime change, so they can maybe have the thing they love back.

We watch because once every so often we get a new 'Family of Blood' and it's all worth it

Doctor Who was a great show, the reason why the fans are such mentalists and freaks is because the only people mad enough to stick around are the ones mad enough to actually think the show is still good. Go into any doctor who community online and youll see the most degenerate lot of retards imaginable

I’d say I’m a fan still, but not of its current direction. I didn’t watch past episode 1 of S11. I guess I feel rather betrayed or concerned of its direction. I want the show be healthy and good. I want my own children to inherit the show one day.

There are blind fans of Jodie and Chib who generally mentally ill if you ask me. They’re a borderline cult.

>Go into any doctor who community online and youll see the most degenerate lot of retards imaginable

I did that exactly that recently. I joined a Doctor Who Discord and it was filled with trannies and degenerates.

Doctor Who probably has the biggest freaks in regards to fans, even worse than Star Trek and Star Wars I’d say. I blame Moffat somewhat. There was a period when he was courting with Tumblr when working on Sherlock and Doctor Who. He made frequent references to them in the shows.

Doctor Who was regarded as a thing for children and weird autistic men, before RTD invited all of the teenage girls and homosexuals. Just saying. The 90's conception of a Doctor Who fan was Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons. Not anymore. Now it's a chubby girl who wears a Tardis dress and self-harms.

Attached: romana46.jpg (720x576, 58K)

You only love him for his body.

Yeah, maybe next time they reboot it.

Shame they picked chinballs instead of Cornell to run the show.

Attached: I_Never_would_01.jpg (872x1017, 489K)

she cute!

Attached: mouse girl.png (1360x1056, 1.03M)

I miss the good old days.

Attached: rosereturns3.jpg (750x600, 59K)

There are laws, laws of time. And once upon a time there were people in charge of those laws, but they died! All of them died! And do you know who that leaves? ME! It's taken all these years to realize it, but the laws of time are mine and they will OBEY ME!

Attached: bruh.png (600x402, 32K)

I just watch it for the spooky aliens

Attached: slitheen.jpg (1280x1024, 495K)

Dident chimbull and jodie get shitcanned?
>Grew up watching 9 and 10
>9 and 10 were great
>11s first season was a step down but alright
>the rest of 11s run was the writing equivalent of word salad, it was shit
>12 was a good actor, arguably the best, but was given the worst scripts possible, and it was unwatchable
No need to say i droped it many years ago

That's the rumor. Does it really matter at this point?

Try the Anorak Zone or Hive forums, old school fans, no poz

>12 was a good actor, arguably the best, but was given the worst scripts possible, and it was unwatchable
he could have been the best thing about the reboot since 9 and he was completely wasted

I stopped watching when they brought in the grandpa

thanks lad

The show was headed for SJW territory long before Chinballs took over. Now this douche just took the stick and ran with it. Now it's unwatchable.

>god-tier torchwood episodes.
no such thing gaylord

Attached: top wops musso.jpg (730x393, 59K)

Attached: rustynmoffat - gun.png (555x590, 121K)

me too
t. former fan

true, The doctor felt like he was part of a bigger universe. Not the centre of it. The reboot was done by superfans. They let their fanboyism get to their work. The worse thing is that people lap it up, it's like Rick (From rick and morty) decades before.

Doctor Who is dead.

I wouldn't blame the actress or the character, blame the atrocious fucking writing and PC coddling

Her acting is terrible.

I stopped watching after season 9. are there any decent episodes from 10 or 11?

also what happens next after season 12?
>new showrunner, new doctor
>same show runner, new doctor
>same show runner, same doctor
>show cancelled, or at least put on hiatus until enough time has passed for another reboot

>Smith is Tennant done right, in my eyes.
Smith doesn't have to try hard to come off as alien because he looks like a fucking alien without doing anything. Ugly ass motherfucker

What are your opinions on Don't Blink? I know it gets hyped up but I genuinely loved it when it came out.

Attached: 11-100.jpg (1920x1080, 499K)

Everyone loves it.

Anorak Zone has a tranny as an admin called Brienne. It has a black alcoholic Anorak actually running the site. A known pedo also posts there. Its a hive of poz. Old school fans? They're just degenerates who've hit their 40s. Die cunt

its for the kids in the audience, they don't want them picking up guns or knives. The burden of being a role model.

That's why he's a good pick. The best Doctors are all a bit odd looking.

Why does the Doctor have to be a role model though? Why can't be be a character in a science fiction adventure series?

Honestly 9th is my fav
13 solid episodes and it all wraps up nicely at the end no overly the top complex arching story the doctor feels in danger

and is a bit of a fucking physcopath

That's actually fantastic to hear, I was worried I'd get bombarded with patricians

Matt Smith was the shittest Doctor. It was embarrassing putting the show on in front of ny friends and family when he was in the lead role. Fish fingers and custard, fezes, bowties are cool - his whole character was gay as fuck. A complete homosexual bellend. He also looked like the fucking Elephant Man. At least Tennant was attractive and Capaldi could act.

me too user - I quit watching after two episodes of that quim, after being a Whovian since the 80's.

Attached: Doctor Who.jpg (300x225, 21K)

>he only got surface level Smith
Oh, no no no!

Sadly, just wishful thinking

13 solid episodes? Are you a retard? He had 3 good episodes at a push (the gas mask zombies 2parter and the Dalek standalone). Everything else was fucking dire. He was woefully miscast in the part - played it like he was in coronation street with his shit salford accent going on about his chips and his stew and his fucking whippets all the time. His Doctor was also a cuck to his roastie coalburning companion Rose. It was basically the Billie Piper Show with comedy northern sidekick for 13 episodes. Conplete shite.

you got absolute shite taste

Go and eat your chips, cuckworshiping bellend.

Is there a good torrent or streaming site for Old Who?

Jesus I miss good writing on Doctor Who.

Attached: Eyepatch-Doctor-578x866.jpg (578x866, 106K)

>"Old Who"
Tosser.

I don't know. I don't when it started exactly.

>Whovian
Confirmed penis right here.

You don't like good TV don't worry buddy we all have problems.

>that eyepatch
>filthy matted hair
The poofter Doctor.

You enjoy your Billie Piper Show with Comedy Northern Binman guest star. Go and eat your chips mate.

Donna was the best.

Attached: who_knows.png (1920x1080, 1.23M)

There's a secret invite only site that is way underground for British TV shows when thebox got shut down, but otherwise I'm not sure. Maybe Quartermass might know.

Attached: 1504140893359.gif (280x242, 1.55M)

Yeha, I'm a dick, but even a queer guy running Doctor Who couldn't pozz up the show as much as Moffet did.

Attached: Dr Jew's propaganda hour.webm (854x480, 1.71M)

all the fuss about a fem doctor and she turns out to be bland as whitebread.

I'm hoping the next Doctor will be a reaction to this. 14 will hopefully be more physical, masculine guy, not a lumberjack or anything but something more like 3 or 9.

Jesus, I've hated Corbin since his guest appearances on the Amy Pond and Friends show guest starring The Doctor.

Attached: 7a02e83708994984304568425246edb6a7f0bd94_hq.jpg (300x360, 27K)

>The burden of being a role model.

Attached: genocide.png (375x360, 73K)

Well, that's really when the pozz got started with that cuck Rory.

Attached: 1532028667241.jpg (888x499, 145K)

Idris Elba

Attached: rustynmoffat - new doctor.png (555x589, 143K)

I was thinking it'd be great to get like a pulp adventure Doctor. I want an Alan Quatermain or Doc Savage as the Doctor.

Attached: Tales-Crypt-00-min.jpg (350x495, 146K)

START WATCHING CLASSIC WHO YOU FUCKING PLEBS

Attached: tumblr_ma1wb8BlQa1r4vj4bo10_250.gif (245x185, 1003K)

But I've seen all the ones that still exist.

A common problem with SJW works is that they're scared to make characters interesting, because that means making them flawed and putting them through adversity. SJWs want to see themselves and their pets as perfect, and they want victory without struggle.

I'm glad someone else said this. I just rewatched this scene and I lost it when the fucking indie-rock music started playing. It's like a fan's self insert fantasy of doctor who.

I like the 9th doctor. He's the only good part of the reboot

Well it's a show where there is a prop that magically does whatever the doctor needs it to. So of course it is shit.

Sonic screwdriver is a dead give-away it's a show for low-calorie brainlets.

>numales are anyone who's smart and funny
I'm sorry you don't have any likable qualities, user.

Attached: 9783741612374.jpg (2400x3672, 2.46M)

>"Bro why won't this war veteran who saw his race get obliterated kill things with ease like I, an alpha chad who commits murder often, can? Such a beta nu-male cuck."

this thread is cringe

Yikes

Attached: lookafaggot.jpg (946x532, 138K)

i don't like the current doctor, I'm defending tennant loser

I unironically enjoy old Doctor Who, but can't stand the new show.

> gas mask episode
> weeping angels
watch those 2 episodes and you've seen the best of DW

This needed to be said.

The sonic screwdriver is also much less of a prominent and overpowered thing in the old series.

i got a doctor who tattoo a few years ago when there was Capaldi hype and now 13 has completely turned me against something i once loved and im embarrassed . should i just turn to the classics ? is big finish worth it?

Attached: doctor-who-wallpaper-TJ.jpg (3929x2209, 823K)

>Ugly ass motherfucker
that's good b/c they had to cast karen gillan to offset his ugliness

Attached: amy doctor who.webm (450x540, 2.98M)

it's not your fault
chris chibnall is just awful

>tattoo

You deserve every last second of shame.

When they try to make something low budget shitty look serious. Was Dr who b list only until recently? I don't even watch it but those things look like a joke. How could anyone take it seriously. Fucking dustbin dildos with toilet plungers and star wars stun batons.

Just a reminder ZA IS NO LEADER!

What a skank.

Attached: peri19.jpg (366x432, 24K)

>The always morally superior wandering God interpretation of the Doctor who's brains are his super power is fucking cancer, and the worst thing about the rebooted show.
Agreed, and even when it was good the rebooted show would mess around with how powerful The Doctor could be. He has a whole breakdown in the Water of Mars when the person he was trying to save kills herself in protest of The Doctor attempt to change fate. The most poignant episode of Smith's era "The Doctor and Vincent" has The Doctor sadly explaining that despite helping Van Gogh and show how influential he'd wind up being he'd still kill himself because Van Gogh's mental illness was still too strong.

But those themes make people sad, the concept that time traveller hero couldn't just make everything happy. So it gets thrown aside for the happier capeshit.

Hartnell-doc is the most authentic and most based. Capaldi tried to recreate this but failed, inevitably.
Additionally, the writing for Tom Baker's entire run was abysmal, saved only by his prodigious personality. His last season is a partial exception to this rule of shitty writing.

This. Making the Doctor some super important Messiah misses the point of the character.

One of the things that made Doctor Who scary for kids was that the protagonist often had no idea what he was doing. He could be ruthless, he could be reckless, and he could be inept. His unpredictability made him a source of dramatic tension.

But post 2010, and especially once Moffat took over, the Doctor became this messiah, this super-smart genius who has a solution to every problem, to the point it becomes about how clever and amazing the Doctor is.

It's very up and down and has entire decades of crap, but there are some very good runs too. The seventh doctor is mainly really good stuff, as is the first two seasons of the first doctor.

Pertwee is unwatchable, except for season 7.

If you're gonna watch Curse of Fenric, you need to watch Ghost Light first and Survival after, to complete the character arc and finish the show properly.

I hate this show so fucking much.
"Oi lads the garbage can is shootin lasers at us!"

Just thinking about it makes my fucking skin crawl.

Season 8, 1971 is when the flabnderisation started. That's when they switched to a single companion, with semi-regular side characters.

I dropped Doctor Who because I thought the Eleventh's actor was a bit of a fag. Came back for the special where the Tenth one came back.
Is the thing I heard about the current Doctor getting an extra 12 regenerations true?
I assume it is since there's like 13 of them now.

Was it a kino episode?

Attached: file.png (479x279, 180K)

I miss /who/. Valley X Prog a shit.

So I watched the first 5 doctors in the original series before taking a break (Including recreations of lost episodes). I'm thinking of returning to start the 6th (Colin Baker), what am I in for?

Yes. He's granted a new cycle at the end of the 2013 Christmas special.

It's a twist from the classic series as Timelords can steal or give others their regenerations (The Master tried to take them a few times).