Why did sjw's decide to destroy sci-fi instead of fantasy? is there still a chance for something good to happen?

why did sjw's decide to destroy sci-fi instead of fantasy? is there still a chance for something good to happen?

Attached: ghhhhkkhhhh.jpg (987x339, 90K)

Speaking for /tg/, they've come after Fantasy too. There's just more Science Fiction in Yea Forums and film to ruin than there is Fantasy.

Attached: come play 5e.png (782x1342, 446K)

is this how our generation looses its innocence? Is this how boomers were made? Why does it feel so wrong and dirty?

Attached: 1560804450380.jpg (470x470, 70K)

>Star Wars (which isn't sci-fi)
>LotR
>Witcher
>Narnia
>Asoiaf
All have been either ruined or in the process of ruining, what are you talking about?

>star wars not sci-fi
You know, space operas are also in the realm of science fiction. lotr is a high fantasy epic, and yet it still is in the same realm as narnia.
at any rate, the mentioned were the most ruined if you compare amount of work put into making them in the first place.
also, lotr is still being made, jackson did not include sjw bullcrap as it was too early for it to emerge in movies at that level.
my question is, why are sjw's making sci-fi shows that reflect their fuckery (another life being newest example) instead of fantasy.
but I guess witcher will prove me wrong.

Wasn't anything wrong with Narnia. Good Christian values in there. By the end of the last movie they made, Aslan explains that Narnia is a tool to help the children grow closer in faith with Christ.

Because fantasy has always been popular with women and more diverse

Star Wars is about knights and wizards though. The setting being space isn't enough to make it science-based fiction. Space fantasy would be the most accurate term I think.

I think mostly it's just because sci-fi is usually based in reality and set in the future of our own world, so they can pretend that their ideology is somehow an inevitability. Forcing your agenda into a fictional universe doesn't have the same impact.

Netflix is making a new Narnia show

scifi is pretty influential when it comes to tech, as obviously the nerds that make tech love it. i guess they forgot it also has to be somewhat watchable

Tell that to NK Jemisin. She wins awards every year for bitching that fantasy and sci-fi are the domain of white men.

isn't it funny that christian values reflected in movies always walked in pair with a good story?

Attached: lordandsaviordanieljackson.jpg (300x169, 28K)

Christian values like oppressing women and killing people who are different?

Oh, I get it. Yeah, I guess you could call it space fantasy. Though, there's still science involved, so space opera should suffice as a broader term (there's religion in Dune, but it isn't a religious franchise).

No Christian ever tipped a fedora at me.

>not killing goaulds
>not killing siths
>not killing borgs
>not killing nazis
by the way, all religions did it. and all somehow are in a cycle of killing each other and then being peaceful. the point here is of basic values that are universal to all religions.
try watching adventures of the monkey king (although the effects are horrible af)

Attached: dff.jpg (331x152, 9K)

Star Wars is fantasy, retard. It's not science fiction.

and no sjw ever said "good day" to me. they fear to incite hate speech by assuming someone is having a good day. fucking lunatics.

read fag.

>Star wars isn't sci-fi

?????

Yes it is ?????

Scifi has more social cache than Fantasy which is still quite marginalized and seen as the wheelhouse of the loser, LoTRs success notwithstanding.

They’re in the process of ruining fantasy. Amazon LOTR, wheel of time, and the Witcher all got fucked in preproduction by this liberal retards

Capeshit has already been destroyed too, thanks to Feige changing gears completely for the SJW crowd

Science Fiction is just easier to subvert / manipulate because it's mostly speculative and has historically focused more on systems and "stuff" than people. It's pretty easy to get sci-fi authors to entertain any manner of degeneracy and go anywhere with characters, even if the author himself is fairly conservative, because they tend to be more autistic and they just dgaf. They'd rather focus on cool concepts. Fantasy, meanwhile, tends to have to service the genre's tropes more conscientiously. Fantasy authors also tend to be more concenred with metaphysics and worldbuilding particularity. It's just easier to go after sci-fi because it's more malleable. SJW fantasy is orders of magnitude more cringy than SJW sci-fi because you literally have nothing else to hook you in with while you're reading about Xir the Dragon-kin's pronouns and his brave quest for the Ring of Acceptance.

you really think they'll destroy lotr as well? I'm always waiting till it releases. too much hype in both directions, even if all winds smell of roasties

>instead of fantasy?
The Hobbit was pure shit.

Christians literally worship a woman

Star Wars is not a "sci fi space opera". It's bog-standard hero's journey fantasy with spacehips and lasers instead of the typical medieval setting. "Space Opera" is not fantasy. It's just sci-fi with more adventure and chivalric heroism, thanks to Star Wars. Star Wars _inspired_ most modern space opera, but it is not space opera. Basically, sci-fi authors saw Star Wars and freaked the fuck out and started rehashing the big epic (absurd) sci-fi that was popular with their dad's and grandpas. But, sci-fi authors aren't going to to turn around make another Star Wars. They're going to write 3-10 books mostly about about mitichlorians and the nature of droid intelligence, just with dumber heroes and more daring-do.

You should probably look into what all these terms mean before you go off about the politics around genre fiction.

fag.