Why do only black and white characters exist in fantasy?

Why do only black and white characters exist in fantasy?

Attached: 05133F8C-AB11-4C3C-8A38-710D55863420.jpg (800x449, 60K)

Ishamael was pretty grey.

It’s kind of fucked up that the only thing to discuss is them changing things. Why can’t they just make a good adaptation and earn their viewer base by being great like the books or some shit?

Really it is pretty rare to see any minority besides blacks in most movies. They are starting to incorporate more ethnic Chinese because they want to appeal to the largest movie going market.

Who are these mugs being cast for?

The wheel of time. High fantasy shit by amazon. It’s funny when I showed my buddy the first thing he said was, “why are they all so ugly?”

I hate that my favorite fantasy series which was already ruined by the author's wife forcing him to prolong it until he didn't finish and an inferior author ruined it again by providing a terrible ending is being ruined again by casting people of color in roles where they don't belong even though there are plenty of roles for people of color in the actual story

i mean, they even had the book cover art to go from and they still fuck it up this bad

I like you.

This is due to the strange cult-like ideology of Intersectionality that has taken over the elite universities in the US and is now spreading to Silicon Valley and Hollywood. According to this way of viewing the world, you sort of add up the different ways you are oppressed to determine your status in their weird hierarchy, so someone who is for example just a Chinese man is less oppressed than a black man, and a black woman is more oppressed than a black man, etc. I predict this show will have at least one trans person added to the cast soon because whoever is in charge is clearly maximum woke.

Min... noooooo

>asoiaf
>being anyone's favorite fantasy series

i just hope
>Asha'man ... kill!
is done justice

Attached: 0D15828E-851E-48BC-97F0-CD1001085421.jpg (682x548, 60K)

A lot of that part being hype was the payoff though user. If we don’t care about Rand that moment loses weight. Also do you honestly think the line
>Kneel or you will be knelt
will stay in? The director said a lot of stuff will change to fit modern day feminism.

>Really it is pretty rare to see any minority besides blacks in most movies.
Reminder that blacks are barely 12% of the US population, hispanics are almost 20%, and yet according to Hollywood, the US is 50% white and 50% black

And half of them are gay too don’t forget that.

Did anyone else reading this series get the impression that a lot of planned plot points changed along the way? It seemed that Mazrim Taim was obviously Demondred, that Egwene was going to be the big betrayer of the light this age and become a Forsaken, and that Rand was going to die Jesus style in the end to save the world. I suspect the Internet getting big and all the online fan obsession while RJ was writing influenced the series for the worse.

I didn't get that impression at all. It seemed to me as if Robert Jordan had a fixed plan in mind, and executed it without wavering.

He called some fans out for getting too deep into it. Demandred I recall him changing because it was figured out. I’m interested in that Egwene theory though. If you have any knowledge of it, it would be cool if you shared it.

>gets asked a ridiculous ultralore question
>tells fan to go fuck a german shepherd instead of answering
based rj

Taim was 100% supposed to be Demandred but I think it was so obvious to everyone that RJ had to change. Never though that about Egwene - what were the hints to that early on?

why are white and black people obsessed with "muh representation"
I'm latino and I've never heard a latino being like "we need more latinos in media" nor have I ever heard a chink or a poo doing that shit yet in the US people have fucking riots about shit like this
you guys are a bunch of pussies

According to what I've heard, you are right about Demondred. Jordan saw that people were seeing it coming and he decided to change it. But about Rand, the story is inspired by the Arthurian legend, so it had to end with three women sending away the body of king Arthur.

Even fewer of them in Europe so I’m really sick of this shit. At least Hispanics and Latinos can usually trace their roots back to Europe, they could easily fit most fantasy roles.

Blacks should not exist in any medieval series because 99.9% of niggers on earth lived in Africa before the 1800s.

Halima will be trans, screencap this

not a medieval series retard, based in the future. But i agree with your point.

Checked

Sanderson is a better author. Go fuck yourself.

Renaissance morelike. Also, insane wizards fucked up the geography. Still, most of the "dark" people are contained to Shara

I applaud the attempt to recognise the contribution and the struggle that these "ethnic" Americans have endured.

It is about time we Americans educated ourselves in a thorough and well formulated manner, I believe these programs are a step towards this goal.

-A recurring theme in the books is that good people don't seek out power, that they reluctantly take on authority roles. Egwene is the opposite of this.
-Her boyfriend Gawyn wants to kill Rand, the savior of the world. Her dreams and iirc Min's vision seemed to foreshadow him turning.
-Her contemptuous attitude and feeling of rivalry towards Rand echoes the feelings of Sammael, Damondred, etc. towards Lews Therin.
-Her PTSD after being a slave could have been part of the psychological explanation for her going over the edge.
-She treats the heroine of the series Nynaeve like shit, at one point basically sexually assaulting her with magic and then laughing about it after.
-Her time alone with Padin Fain seemed to have some effect on her.
-This one is more subjective but I thought there was something vaguely sinister or evil about the whole dreaming stuff, more like Lanfear and Ishamael style than the magical powers the other protagonists have.
-By around book 6 she no longer has any real friendship or romantic connection with any of the other heroes like there is between Rand, Nynaeve, Lan, Moiraine, Thom, Mat, Bridget, Elayne etc.