Now we are free

>Now we are free.

If Russel Crowe had never done anything else in his entire life, he was masterful in this.

Unequivocal 10/10 movie.

Attached: chrome_NRGuT31Z5B.png (626x572, 702K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thedodo.com/9-touching-epitaphs-ancient-gr-589550486.html
attalus.org/docs/cil/epitaph.html
youtube.com/watch?v=-yOZEiHLuVU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I watched it three days ago and I agree, 10/10 in every way. Joaquin Phoenix also gives a stellar performance.

you honor me with your comment, gentle user.

Attached: gladiator_2307.jpg (1920x816, 153K)

MY ARYAN QVEEN MVSE, LISA GERRARD, SUBLIMATES THIS «MOVIE» TO AN EXCELLENT HEIGHT.

Attached: MY ARYAN QVEEN MVSE V.jpg (313x432, 14K)

best actor of the century

I gave it a 5/10.

that's nice sweetheart, now back to bed and you can have cereal and watch your cartoons at breakfast. sleep tight kiddo.

Watching this many times in my formative years set a really bar for kino. To a lesser degree Kingdom of Heaven as well.

post yfw the Zimmer comes online

Why are evil roman emperors so attractive?

Attached: sad boi.gif (500x212, 979K)

confidence and power.

Shadows and dust...

Attached: proximo.jpg (400x300, 21K)

It all came together perfectly. Crowe's and Phoenix's performances are toptier and I have yet to see a better representation of Rome in any movie before or since.

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius,
Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions,
loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius.
Father to a murdered son,
husband to a murdered wife.
And I will have my vengeance,
in this life or the next.

got me every time.

Attached: rome_2.png (2678x1152, 3.11M)

>I have yet to see a better representation of Rome in any movie

weeelll I think the Fall of Roman Empire (also featuring MC and Commodus) is more accurate looking. And the Rome tv series. the Rome in Gladiator is too grey looking, and a lot of the costumes are way off (tho really nice)
No hate, love the movie. Pure cinema

Attached: roman-gladiators-696x427.jpg (696x427, 46K)

queer giraffes.

Im really not a fan of those swords-n-sandals epics from the 60s, they seem kitschy to me. Gladiator's Rome may not be the most accurate historically, but it gives in my opinion the greatest representation of Roman mindset, rites, society etc. It also looks absolutely fantastic, you can feel that it was an empire of unparalleled glory when they first see the Colosseum.

also the Rome TV series is great but I was more referring to Rome at the height of its empire, should have clarified sorry

*squeezes ur foreign testicles*
YOU gave me, queer giraffes!
>DADDY N,N,NO
I want my money back
>yes daddy

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED? are you not entertained?

>we will never see a movie like Gladiator again that will revive Rome kino
is ok user I see what you mean

Attached: CATO2.png (148x162, 48K)

Kino of the highest order.

Once saw the movie with a live orchestra and opera singer, one of the best cinematic experiences of my life.

they reused that shot (or that shot is the reused one) since the actor died before they could finish the movie. They had to CGI it up a bit

asphyxiated on gay giraffe cock, such a tragedy

should have included Commodus' decapitating a ostrich episode

>And this story was believed, too, because he had once got together all the men in the city who had lost their feet as the result of disease or some accident, and then, after fastening about their knees some likenesses of serpents' bodies, and giving them sponges to throw instead of stones, had killed them with blows of a club, pretending that they were giants.

21 This fear was shared by all, by us senators as well as by the rest. And here is another thing that he did to us senators which gave us every reason to look for our death. Having killed an ostrich and cut off his head, he came up to where we were sitting, holding the head in his left hand and in p115 his right hand raising aloft his bloody sword; 2 and though he spoke not a word, yet he wagged his head with a grin, indicating that he would treat us in the same way. And many would indeed have perished by the sword on the spot, for laughing at him (for it was laughter rather than indignation that overcame us), if I had not chewed some laurel leaves, which I got from my garland, myself, and persuaded the others who were sitting near me to do the same, so that in the steady movement of our armies we might conceal the fact that we were laughing.

ywn have a servant this BASED.

ftge

Attached: gladiator-2000-1493228688.jpg (780x438, 58K)

Do you think he is in those wheat fields?

>are you making fun of me?
>no, principes, I'm just choking on some laurel leaves
Rome was a weird place.

Romans were the original shitposters

Attached: 1565723902396.jpg (1340x4193, 1.86M)

beer fields, yes.

>You are not without accomplishments, Marc Anthony
>It is no small feat to have been bankrupt before even coming of age. You have brought upon us war, destruction, and pestilence. You are Rome's Helen of Troy.
>But then again, the role of a woman has always suited you best
They were good at it, too.

Attached: GW378H360.jpg (378x360, 35K)

>we who are about to die, salute you

KINO

>Let everyone one in love come and see. I want to break Venus' ribs with clubs and cripple the goddess' loins. If she can strike through my soft chest, then why can't I smash her head with a club?
This guy was proto /r9k/

it's an ok movie

>I have buggered men
Sounds about right.

>Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men's behinds. Goodbye, wondrous feminity!

Gaius and alus, total bros!

Watched it the other day and it didn't age well. It was perfect when it got out but now it looks like an amateur movie.

Fuck you this movie is timeless

upvoted on the fuck you sentiment.

they could also be really deep. Like these epitaphs for their dogs:
>I am in tears, while carrying you to your last resting place as much as I rejoiced when bringing you home in my own hands fifteen years ago.
>"My eyes were wet with tears, our little dog, when I bore thee (to the grave)... So, Patricus, never again shall thou give me a thousand kisses. Never canst thou be contentedly in my lap. In sadness have I buried thee, and thou deservist. In a resting place of marble, I have put thee for all time by the side of my shade. In thy qualities, sagacious thou wert like a human being. Ah, me! What a loved companion have we lost!

thedodo.com/9-touching-epitaphs-ancient-gr-589550486.html
attalus.org/docs/cil/epitaph.html

Attached: roman puppies.jpg (540x404, 23K)

>Be a terrorist
>Get together with some of my al-Qaeda buddies to kidnap Russel Crowe
>We pull up in the van and try to grab him off the sidewalk
>Being from a culture that doesn't drink alcohol, the smell of 2.0 blood alcohol level on his breath almost incapacitates me right there
>One of my terrorist brothers pulls me to my feet
>Russel Crowe begins pummeling us as we try to stuff him in the car
>Three of us need stitches, but we got him in the van
>He begins screaming at us in the most grating accent I have ever heard
>I will die today, inshallah
>We call his wife to try to leave a threatening message
>Crowe informs us that he thinks his ex-wife is a total cunt
>We demand that Crowe then pay his own $1,000,000 ransom
>He informs us that his ex-wife took everything in the divorce and offers us one of his hats from" Le Miserable" as payment
>We refuse and leave himtied up in a warehouse with a couple of men overnight
>Coming back the next morning, we find one man brutally beaten and the other sodomized to the point of bleeding out
>Russel Crowe is somehow still ted to a chair, even more drunk than when we picked him up
>We call the LAPD, FBI, and Homeland Security to turn ourselves in
>They tell us that Russel Crowe is our problem now

>I guess baldposting was an ancient tradition, huh?

I miss my dog

they use the same set like ten times, but apart from that what feels amateurish about it?

Can't help it dude, it looks old.

If you think this looks old you are missing out on a lot of older stuff that is good.

unwatchable

Attached: 2FFD996C-DA9A-4394-B66F-19E026D0626C.jpg (610x349, 54K)

and now we are free.

youtube.com/watch?v=-yOZEiHLuVU

It's a feeling you have when you saw movies in the 90's. Everything is better now and the movies you saw when you were young feel like "old".
But I don't spit on the quality of this movie, it's great. Just the image quality and special effects are laughable by today's standard.

so did they...
Stay strong user

Attached: smug boi.jpg (617x618, 113K)

we actually will not because of niggers and women

No he's right, this film is pretty hollow, predictable and tired. It looks fairly nice but it's stupid. The main guy is called maximus ffs. That's ridiculously cheesy.

Spartacus was already taken and Agrippa doesn't sound cool enough

Alcohol and women...

Attached: pisshead.gif (400x225, 1.22M)

Maximus Gladitus though?

Based pisshead. I want comedy kino based on the exploits of him, Harris, O'Toole, and Burton.

bait or just retarded?

>set a really bar for kino.

dogs are so cool they aren't afraid of anything. truly mans best friend

Good movie but i prefer braveheart

Oh shit now you reminded me of that dog in pompeii who was found dying protecting a child

Attached: 8ce.jpg (680x698, 37K)

No Gladiator is an overrated piece of garbage.

As your mother was there at your beginning, I will be there at your end

Attached: 55505e0e6c9fead5538ef9de2814f2239f87db3aab275f1520b5fd1a5855498d.gif (1266x1920, 1.75M)

It loses a point for the horrible music at the very end.

Maximus Decimus Meridius, moron.

they had to have those leaves ready in their toga folds all the time because guys with names like Biggus Dickus were about.

that's just you. Probably watching some shitty 720p yify torrent too. Gladiator doesn't have "laughable image quality"