Well Jay this reminds me of an episode of Star Trek the Next Generation

Well Jay this reminds me of an episode of Star Trek the Next Generation...

Attached: mike.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

Attached: 1538826568498.jpg (2255x1814, 416K)

>fuck Star Trek First Contact, it's just a stupid action movie!
>Star Trek 2009 is great because it's just a stupid action movie! I

why is Mike dressed like an adult?

>the one where black goo kills main character?
>no, the one where Tasha rapes Data

Attached: 1540894869546.jpg (1438x1080, 813K)

He has a date with Jessi

>"Don't let the media you consume define who you are as a person."

This is a valid opinion, though.
Dumb action doesn't fit TNG.
A full-on reboot that flat out states it's happening in an alternate timeline is free to do whatever the fuck it wants.

WAY TO GO MIKE! WOOO WOOO WOOOOO

Well Jay why don't you rant about internet opinions instead of talking about the movie...

Sure. I just think it's odd how much he fought for them to go back to making The Motion Picture in those Trek reviews, only to be onboard with a big action movie with 2009.

He said himself he didn't see the 09 film as a star trek film just an action film. And he judged it accordingly.

>I don't watch Star Trek but I could listen to Mike talk about it for hours!!
Do people really watch RLM's Star Trek videos without being Trek fans themselves?

Attached: 1517965931793.png (720x416, 249K)

Which is because he's a LOSTfag that gargles JJ's balls, but that's okay

It's weird that Mike gives both Star Trek '09 and TFA free passes for being trash on the grounds that they were meant to function as reboots that introduce characters you already know for use in future movies, as though making a 90-120 minute advertisement for the next movie rather than a satisfactory narrative is completely fine

>Yea Forums gets its opinion on Star Wars movies from trekkies

>”Also I believe in Ghosts. Let’s talk about how Ghosts are totally real.”

Jay is schlubby again and I'm sad

You mean Hollywood gets its opinion on Star Wars movies from Trekkies

And before the RLM defense squad show to go NUH-UH, THEY'RE A SMALL OUTFIT, HOLLYWOOD DOESN'T LISTEN TO THEM:
-Simon Pegg and Damon Lindeloff recommended the prequel reviews on Twitter, Pegg especially. Simon Pegg also was in Force Awakens and JJ admitted he talked to Pegg for advice.
-Rian Johnson said he loves RLM but fears them, before the Half in the Bag Last Jedi was out, so he was definitely watching them long before.

Jay is stressed out from taking care of his girlfriend's son

TFA happened AFTER Star Trek Into Darkness (which he hated). Before that movie came out, Mike had already praised JJ as the next coming of Movie Christ and that JJ should have full control over Star Wars because of his first Star Trek movie.

Because of this, Mike was going to going to go easy on TFA no matter what because he hyped up JJ so much (though lucky for JJ, Mike is easily manipulated by Star Wars Nostalgia). It is because of his JJ Star Wars comment that he still can’t criticize it. He can only make up excuses for it and try his best to change the topic whenever it is brought up.

Mike can’t admit JJ’s TFA because that would mean admitting he was wrong and that is isn’t the be all expert on what makes a good Star Wars Movie.

Attached: CCD0D245-4A61-4E3C-BF46-5C0CAEDB70E1.jpg (1970x1110, 303K)